Top Best 3D Printer for Beginners in 2020
3D printing is one of those things that once you try out there is no turning back as you will want to print more and more and try out new designs. But as a beginner, buying your first 3D printer can be a little intimidating as there are many models you need to choose from. You will need to consider various things from the price of the printer to the compatibility and connectivity to make sure you choose something ideal and easy to use.
But, whether you are a beginner buying your first printer or want to upgrade what you already have, we have you covered as we review 10 of the best models for beginners currently available in the market. And so all you will need to do is pick what impresses you most.
Lists of the Best 3D Printer for Beginners in Reviews
1. Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer
With the heated build plate and the wide range of extruder temperatures, you can use this 3D printer with almost all filament types. Also, it is designed with an average beginner in mind as it will come fully assembled and pre-calibrated to make it ready for immediate use. This printer is perfect for desktop use as it has a compact design and with a small footprint. When it comes to the actual printing, many users will also love the fact that it has an amazing resolution and that it will offer a wider variety of connectivity options including Wi-Fi.
- Fully assembled when you get it
- Supports all filament types
- Compact design with a small footprint
- Variety of connectivity options including Wi-Fi
- Compatible with most 3D printing software
- Great resolution
- Disassembling it for general maintenance is a tedious task
- The temperature reading is a little off
2. FlashForge Creator Pro 3D Printer
The sturdy and highly stable metal frame on this FlashForge printer is designed to ensure that it will remain in place on any surface that you place it for more efficient printing. Also, it is made with a warp-resistant aluminum surface that will always remain perfectly level even when the machine is subjected to high heat. Also besides ABS and PLA, it will also work with many other filaments for increased versatility. The 3D printer will come with a new LED light that is designed to keep the work area illuminated when printing and there are also some handy button board functions, LCD screen and a conveniently located SD slot for ease of use.
- Sturdier and more stable frame
- Warp-resistant aluminum surface
- Wide filament compatibility
- Handy button board functions and LCD screen
- Durable acrylic chamber cover
- Bright LED light keep printing are sufficiently illuminated
- Conveniently located SD slot
- Relatively more expensive
- Provided spools are low quality
3. Monoprice Maker Select 3D Printer
Monoprice makes this 3D printer model with beginners in mind as it is not only super easy to use but will also come fully assembled and with everything that you need to start printing. And this includes a free sample PLA filament and an SD card preloaded with several printable models. The printer will heat up in just 10 minutes to ensure you never have to wait long before you start printing, and it is compatible with both ABS and PLA printing materials. This beginner-friendly printer will come with a larger heated build plate that will make it possible to print larger and more complex designs.
- Larger heated build plate
- Compatible with most software and operating systems
- Works with both PLA and ABS printing materials
- Comes with a handy filament sample
- Includes a free SD card preloaded with printable models
- Heats up fast
- Spool holder will not hold larger filament spools well
4. XYZPrinting Da Vinci Mini Wireless 3D Printer
For the beginners shopping for a 3D printer on a budget, the Da Vinci Mini is a perfect choice. It is a small but still highly productive printer that connects fast and easily via Wi-Fi for more convenient printing from a variety of devices. Also, it will include some highly useful LED indicators that make it easier to monitor the printing operation. And with the simple single-button operation, almost anyone can use this machine. And for the environment-conscious users, the fact that this printer uses non-toxic and environment-friendly filaments should impress you.
- Compact but still highly productive
- More affordable printer
- Fast wireless connectivity
- Handy colored LED indicators
- Simple single-button operation
- Non-toxic and environment-friendly printing filaments
- Poor instructions manual
- Does not work well with third-party filaments
5. Anycubic Full Metal Mega 3D Printer
A plug and play 3D printer like this one is meant to ensure that beginners will have an easy time and even enjoy printing. It has a large built with a larger heat bed that will be perfect for larger and more complex designs and with a smooth surface for easy model removal by hand. This printer is straightforward to set up and use, and the design also includes a user-friendly and more intuitive TFT touch screen for easy operation. And it will also pause automatically when it runs out of filament and resume when you add a new one.
- More stable structure minimizes body shake when printing
- Simple to set up and use
- Easy model removal
- Large enough heat bed
- Intuitive and user-friendly touch screen
- Auto stop and resume
- The base can be a little finicky for large prints
6. XYZPrintin Da Vinci Minimaker
If you hate bulky things, this compact and more portable 3D printer is the perfect choice for you. Besides the convenient size, it is also a high performing model that will offer both automatic bed leveling and automatic calibration. Also, it is assembled and ready to use straight from the box and because it only uses specific manufacturer filaments, you will never need to adjust any settings. The filaments that it uses are non-toxic and safer for both the user and environment and when you buy the printer, you also get free software for hassle-free printing.
- Compact and more portable
- Handy auto-calibration function
- Assembled and ready to use
- Uses non-toxic filament
- Comes with free software for hassle-free printing
- Auto-leveling bed
- Will not work with other filaments
7. Monoprice Mini Delta 3D Printer
Mini Delta 3D printer comes fully assembled and ready to print straight from the box to ensure you never have to struggle to figure things out. And because it uses an open-source it will heat to varying temperatures to allow you to use different filaments from different brands. There is also a handy automatic calibration function that will ensure you do not have to struggle with bed leveling. The durable all-metal construction will ensure that it lasts for long and remains steady when printing and the LCD screen will make printing a lot easy.
- Fully assembled when you get it
- Works with both PLA and ABS
- Handy auto-calibration feature
- Free SD card with preloaded models
- Durable metal construction
- LCD screen for easy use
- More affordable
- Smaller print area
8. ADIMLab 3D Printer
For the beginner 3D printers that are looking for an opportunity to learn more about 3D printers, this model will be a great choice because it requires some assembly which will give beginners some precious learning time. It is also designed to work with most of the common 3D printing filaments and with a larger heated print bed for large prints and more complex designs. With the automatic bed leveling function, you will also not need to worry about keeping the bed level, and this is one of the quietest 3D printers out there.
- The large heated print bed
- Works with most filament materials
- Durable frame and base
- Convenient auto-leveling function
- Reduced printing noise
- Still needs some assembly
- No Wi-Fi connectivity
9. Creality CR-10S 3D Printer
Since you do not want to have to buy a new 3D printer a few months down the line, it is always a great idea to go for something solid and durable like this one. Apart from its top-notch build quality, this is also a high print resolution machine with a large build surface. And it also has other handy features like a more stable base, noiseless operation, and plastic out detection feature. The printer comes in a compact and small enough size to make it perfect for desktops, and it is fast and easy to assemble.
- Solid and durable overall construction
- Fast and easy assembly
- High print resolution
- More stable and noiseless operation
- Small and compact desktop size
- Larger build surface
- Plastic out detection feature is very useful
- Relatively more expensive entry-level 3D printer
- The control knob is a little too sensitive
10. Monoprice Maker Ultimate 3D Printer
Everything about this 3D printer is just amazing and it is meant to ensure that beginners get an easy time when printing. It has a larger heated build plate that will allow you to print larger models and make complex designs. Also, it can handle almost ant filament type which makes it highly versatile, and it is thanks to the all-metal extruder and heated bed. The anti-jam feeder is also a handy feature as it provides reliable filament feeding and this printer will also work with most operating systems. And when you buy it, you get an SD card with several printable models and a free sample filament.
- Highly precise printer
- It handles almost any filament type
- Reliable anti-jam feeder
- Compatible with most operating systems
- Free sample filament and SD with several printable models
- Larger heated build plate
- Makes some clicking noise that can be annoying
If you are new to 3D printing the chances are that all the 3D printers will look the same to you, and not to mention that you probably don’t know what makes a good one. But, this does not mean that you cannot get a good beginner-friendly printer as all it takes is a keener eye when shopping and sparing enough time to compare different models.
However, we have done the work for you and all you need to do is pick one machine from the 10 above and you can start printing. For starters, each of these machines will have everything that you need, and once you start mastering the craft you can go for something more advanced and with better features.