Top Best Rear View Mirror Dash Cam in Reviews
The best rear view mirror dash cam will keep you safe while on the road. Also, referred to as a dashboard camera, this device acts as an extra pair of eyes. This means they add an extra layer of safety by eliminating blind zones. What’s more, rear view mirror dash camera has G-sensor technology that locks current files at the time of a collision or when your car stops suddenly. By so doing, they make accident investigation and insurance claims a walk in the park. Installing a rear view dash cam is fairly easy, given that most of them use adhesive tape mount or suction cups for installation. Keep on reading to know which ones you should spend money on.
Best Rear View Mirror Dash Cam- [Reviews & Buying Guide]
#1. TOGUARD 7” 1080P Mirror Dash Cam
TOGUARD 7” 1080P Mirror Dash Cam at a Glance:
- 7-inch IPS touchscreen
- 5-piece viewing mode
- Motion detection and gravity monitor
- Front and rear camera
- Loop recording
TOGUARD is proud to bring you the best mirror dash cam. The company was established in 2009, and since then, it has done nothing but to provide millions of homes and businesses with top-notch products. Its 1080p mirror dash cam is the talk of town because of its high-performance features. It has a large 7-inch IPS touchscreen that will let you operate it with ease. Ideally, you can record simultaneously on the 1080p front view and 480p rear view. The rear view cam is waterproof, meaning you will be able to record both during the day and at night. The dash cam is triggered by the Parking Monitor that allows it to automatically turn on and record when you are parking.
- Arrives well packaged to avoid damages during shipping
- The video quality is outstanding
- Easy to install and the interface is user-friendly
- Can only handle a 32GB memory card
Best For: The rear view mirror dash cam records both at the front and rear views to double assure your safety. It is, therefore, for drivers who want to be completely safe while on the road.
Check Also: Best Front and Rear Dash Cam
#2. TOGUARD 8” Mirror Dash Cam
TOGUARD 8” Mirror Dash Cam at a Glance:
- Boasts an 8-inch touchscreen
- Weighs 0.77 pounds and measures 11.8” x 3” x 0.6”
- Its video resolutions are 1920*1080 and 1280*720
- Comes equipped with a built-in microphone and speaker
This is a powerful unit that every car owner should consider splashing some cash on. It consists of a 1080p front camera and 720p backup camera. The two combine to provide you with the clearest view ever. The rear camera is waterproof, and, therefore, can be used both at night and during the day. The ability of this rear view backup camera to produce clear images is further enhanced by the 170-degree wide viewing angle that not only reduces video shooting blind area but also will help you clearly capture more details. Like other high-end rear view mirror dash cam, this unit has a built G-sensor that automatically locks the current footage to make sure it is not overwritten even when loop recording function is on.
- Easily attaches over the rearview mirror
- Menus are simple to navigate
- Customer service is wonderful
- Picture quality is amazing
- The interface is very intuitive
- The mirror set is heavier than expected
Best For: This mirror dash cam is a great asset for those who want to read the license plates and tailgaters of the vehicles behind them.
Check also: Best Vehicle Backup Cameras
#3. CHICOM V21 9.66 inch Mirror Dash Cam
CHICOM V21 9.66 inch Mirror Dash Cam at a Glance:
- Has a screen saver
- Works in temperatures varying from -4 degrees Fahrenheit to 158 degrees Fahrenheit
- Both front and rear camera resolutions are 1080P
- Video format is MOV
The best rear view mirror dash cam is none other this unit right in front of you. It is the best because it has some features that are not there in most rear view mirror dash cam. For instance, this unit comes equipped with a CMOS sensor that prevents video overexposure to make sure you have a clear image of what’s behind your car. It also has the Loop Record function, which although is in most dash cams, significantly improves performance and reliability. Another feature we must mention is the G-sensor that automatically locks the video in case of a collision. By so doing, the G-sensor prevents the video recorded from being overwritten.
- The image from either the front or rear camera fills the entire screen
- Very easy to install
- It helps improve safety
- Cable seems to be for a small car. If you have a big vehicle, you may have to buy one
Best For: The fact that the front camera of this unit has a high resolution of 1080p means it records high-quality and smooth videos. Therefore, the dash cam is great for recording critical details such as signposts, license plates or something extraordinary.
Check Also: Best Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
#4. TOGUARD 4.3” Mirror 1080P Dash Cam
TOGUARD 4.3” Mirror 1080P Dash Cam at a Glance:
- Temperature resistance ranges from -77 degrees Fahrenheit to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Picture format is JPEG
- Video format is AVI
- Supports lots of languages e.g. Japanese, French, English, Spanish, German, and Italian
This unit applies to 12-24V vehicles. It is no doubt the best rear view mirror camera. It is packed with several features that enable it to deliver amazing performance every time it is used. One of these features is the variable sensitivity Gravity-sensor that automatically detects a sudden collision and emergency. The variable Gravity-sensor locks the footage to a document dubbed the “SOS File”. In this special document, all the recordings will be kept safe and won’t be overwritten. This rear view mirror dash cam comes with an 18-month warranty, and its manufacturer always replies to emails with 24 hours to ensure maximum satisfaction.
- The price is great
- Installation is pretty straightforward
- Fits nicely on top of the car rear view mirror
- Customer service is exceptional
- Very easy to operate
- The front camera is only 720p
Best For: This unit will let you see both the front and rear. By so doing, it will help you drive much safer.
Check Also: Best Radar Detector
#5. Campark 10” Mirror Dash Cam Video Camera
Campark 10” Mirror Dash Cam Video Camera at a Glance:
- Working temperature is from -4 degrees Fahrenheit to 170 degrees Fahrenheit
- Has a built-in microphone and speaker
- Video format is MOV
- Boasts a large 10-inch touchscreen
One feature this rear view mirror dash cam has that’s not there in most units is the F2.0 6-glass lens. This feature greatly improves night vision, thereby, allowing you to rely on this dash cam at night or in low light conditions. Besides, we like the fact that the back camera is waterproof. This also improves reliability. The visual angle is horizontal when driving, and this will let you see farther and wider behind you. In other words, you will not have to worry about blind spots or distortion of image. The dash cam is backed by a 12-month warranty as well as a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- The backup camera works well
- The angle is wide and super clear
- It reads license plates very easily
- The build quality of the camera is good
- The manufacturer doesn’t provide cords that are long enough – unless you write a review
Best For: If you want to improve your safety on the road, this rear view mirror dash is worth investing in. It is designed to provide you with a double-view plus it has a 10-inch touchscreen as well as an excellent 1080p video.
Check Also: Best Dash Camera
#6. PORMIDO 9.88” Mirror Dash Cam Backup Camera
PORMIDO 9.88” Mirror Dash Cam at a Glance:
- Working temperature is from -4 degrees Fahrenheit to 158 degrees Fahrenheit
- Rear camera has 26ft extended wire
- Lens view angle for the front camera is 170 degrees and for the rear is 150 degrees
Detailed rear view mirror camera system reviews, like these ones, cannot fail to discuss the PORMIDO 9.88-inch Mirror Dash Cam. It is one of the best rear view mirror dash cams you are yet to come across. It is built in such a way that it can stand extreme temperature. This means you will be able to record in various climates. Ideally, this device has a breathable back design that enables it to spread out the heat when the outside temperature becomes too hot. The front camera lens can be pulled out or in to adjust the view. Moreover, this rear view dash cam has a 9.88-inch IPS touchscreen that is easy to use and further improves clarity.
- The customer support responds fast and is very helpful
- Works great with 64GB
- Video quality is amazing
- The screen can be swiped up or down to change the camera viewing angle up or down
- Hooks could be sturdier
Best For: Because of the super night vision feature, this rear view mirror dash cam is perfect for those who drive at night.
Check Also: Best Floor Jacks for Trucks
#7. DuDuBell 7” Mirror Dash Cam
DuDuBell 7” Mirror Dash Cam at a Glance:
- Video format is MP4
- Uses built-in 750mAh battery
- Power interface is 5V
- The front lens has a viewing angle of 170 degrees and the rear lens has a viewing angle of 120 degrees
We don’t think you will enjoy using a rear view mirror dash cam that cannot simply record crisp and crystal clear videos. That’s why we are glad to introduce to you this unit. It is a 7-inch touchscreen streaming media dash cam that boasts a 1080p front cam and 1080p rear cam. Furthermore, this rear view mirror dash cam boasts a wide angle that records the clearest videos. Plus it comes with an extremely long cable (up to 19.68ft.) that makes setup a breeze. It will provide you with great video recording, and that’s because of the 6 layers of glass and HDR+ that combine to effectively balance the dark and light area for crystal clear recording of videos.
- Great for filming action footages such as driving
- The user manual is very easy to understand
- It was delivered on time and the packaging is excellent
- The GPS does not work as seamlessly as expected
Best For: This rearview mirror dash cam comes in handy during emergency. It promotes convenience by recording everything and then locking it up.
#8. AUTO-VOX X2 Mirror Dash Cam
AUTO-VOX X2 Mirror Dash Cam at a Glance:
- Weighs 2.65 pounds
- Dimensions are 12.5 by 4.7 by 2.6 inches
- Requires 1 lithium-ion battery
- WDR image processing technology
The fact that this rear view mirror dash cam has a bandage for installation means it is extremely easy and very convenient to install. Besides, this rear view dash camera has a well-thought-out technology that further improves performance. The exceptional WDR image processing technology will give you a better image. Another exciting feature, which makes this unit stand out in all mirror dash cam reviews it is talked about, is the lane departure warning system. This thoughtful system will warn you when your car is veering off the lane. It helps reduce fatigue driving as well as significantly preventing accidents. The extremely wide 140-degree viewing angle will provide you with a more than adequate view of what’s behind your car.
- Built well and works amazing
- The display is bright and vibrant
- Has GPS tracking for extra convenience
- Makes driving easier and much safer
- Customer service is outstanding
- Instructions are not the clearest
Best For: It is important that you have an extra pair of eyes every time you are on the road. And one gadget that will help you achieve that is this rear view mirror dash cam.
#9. TOGUARD 5” LCD Mirror Dash Cam
TOGUARD 5” LCD Mirror Dash Cam at a Glance:
- Screen size is up to 5”
- Video format is MOV
- Has a built-in microphone and speaker
- Working voltage is DC 5V/1.5A
- Operating temperature ranges from -4 degrees Fahrenheit to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
Every high-performance dash cam rear view mirror is equipped with a G-sensor system. And this particular unit is no exception. The G-sensor system detects the emergency braking of a vehicle. When this happens, the system automatically saves and locks whatever happened during that period. It will not let the loop recording system delete it. Another wonderful feature of this dash cam is the wide angle, which captures the entire road. That being said, the front camera has a 170-degree wide angle and the rearview has a 120-degree viewing angle. Additionally, this dash camera has a sleek design that is fair to say will improve the aesthetics of your vehicle. It is also incredibly easy to install, given that all you need to do is to mount it over original rearview mirror; thanks to the included rubber straps.
- The camera has cool features
- Easy to install and delivers quality videos
- Very intuitive to use
- The touchscreen is unbelievably easy to use
- The night vision is excellent
- Straps could work better
Best For: This dash cam comes in handy when you are involved in an accident and there are some investigations to clarify the whole incident.
#10. Poaeaon 10” Full Touch Screen Mirror Dash Cam
Poaeaon 10” Full Touch Screen Mirror Dash Cam at a Glance:
- Display type is IPS
- Dimensions of the product are 10.1” by 3.8” by 1”
- Weight of the dash cam is 2.25 pounds
A lot of good features are packed in this particular rear view mirror dash cam. That’s why we are glad to bring it to your attention. It has a 10-inch full touch screen that, in turn, features a 1296p front cam and 1080p rear cam. Well, with a resolution of up to 1296p, this rear view mirror dash cam will no doubt provide you with a very clear picture. Its high resolution is likely to come top in any mirror dash cam review. Furthermore, this gadget can be G-sensor enabled to automatically lock and store the video in the event that the dash encounters a sudden shock or collision.
- Delivers very sharp video
- The touchscreen works well
- Makes pulling the car out of a parking lot a breeze
- Supports both daytime and low light condition
- Installation is a bit tricky
Best For: This rear view mirror dash cam records incidents happening ahead of you and behind you. It is, therefore, great for those who want to make things easier during an insurance claim.
#11. Directtyteam 9.88” Full Touch Screen Mirror Dash Cam
Directtyteam 9.88” Full Touch Screen Mirror Dash Cam at a Glance:
- Boasts 1980*1080 video resolution
- Operating voltage range is from 5 – 5.4V
- Suitable for 12V vehicles
- Power supply mode is USB 5V/2A
Directtyteam knows that every car owner wants the best dash cam mirror. That’s why it has not disappointed in this particular device. It has equipped it with several effective features. And one of these features is the loop recording system that promotes convenience by automatically overwriting the earliest existing unlocked footage. By so doing, this rear view mirror dash cam ensures continuous ongoing recording. Another feature is the 9.88-inch IPS touchscreen that is very easy to operate. This rearview mirror dash cam also boasts AHD (advanced analogy High Definition) technology that enhances night vision in low light conditions. That being said, it is the type of device you will be able to rely on both during the day and at night.
- Takes a little time to install
- Delivers excellent picture quality
- Video quality is great
- Works well both during the day and at night
- It has stunning features
- A little heavier than expected
Best For: Blind zones can really compromise your safety. And the best way to eliminate it is to go for this device.
#12. SENDOW 4.5 inch Mirror Dash Camera
SENDOW 4.5 inch Mirror Dash Camera at a Glance:
- Built-in G-sensor system
- IP66 weatherproof rearview camera
- Comes with a 19.69ft long cable for backup camera
A rear view mirror camera backed by a 1-year warranty is no doubt of great quality. The warranty the manufacturer provides shows that it believes in the
quality of this mirror dash camera. What’s more, this mirror dash camera has a 4.5” IPS screen, which can display one image with footage from one camera. The front camera has a resolution of 170 degrees wide and a rearview camera of 120 degrees. These two large viewing angles completely eliminate blind zones, thereby, improving safety. Moreover, the unit is equipped with a built-in G-Sensor system that is activated when the car stops suddenly or when there is an impact. The aforementioned IPS touchscreen has huge buttons and user-friendly icons for quick recognition as well as intuitive operation.
- Appears to be of great quality
- Does a great job of videoing back and front
- The manual has instructions for easy setup
- The touchscreen is nice
- Customization settings are limited
Best For: This rear view mirror dash cam promotes convenience as well as greatly improving road safety.
#13. Campark 1080P 5 Inch Mirror Dash Cam
Campark 1080P Mirror Dash Cam at a Glance:
- Operating temperature is between -4 degrees Fahrenheit and 170 degrees Fahrenheit
- Uses a built-in Li-Ion Polymer battery
- Video format is MOV
- Picture format is JPEG
It is no surprise that Campark is the manufacturer of this dash cam mirror. The manufacturer is dedicated to providing customers with the best quality products. Besides, it goes to the extent of standing behind these products to make sure that customers are 100-percent satisfied with what they have spent money on. For instance, Campark has backed this dash rearview cam mirror with a 3-year warranty that protects against defects in workmanship and material. The dash cam also delivers when it is necessary. And this is because it is loaded with many great features. It has a built-in G-sensor technology that automatically locks current files when it detects collision. By so doing, the G-sensor helps prevent these current files from being overwritten.
- Comes packed very well
- Installation is pretty much straightforward
- Videos from the back camera are bright and clear
- Great value for the price
- The image is fed to the rear camera cannot be rotated in any way
Best For: If you are looking to buy a rear view mirror dash camera, this unit should be a frontier for you. It is a product of Campark, one of the brands whose products are trusted by millions of individuals.
#14. iiwey Front and Rear View Mirror Dash Cam
iiwey Front and Rear View Mirror Dash Cam at a Glance:
- Temperature tolerance is from -4 degrees Fahrenheit to 158 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dimensions are 11.6 by 4 by 2.4 inches
- Weighs 1.1 pounds
The iiwey Front and Rear View Mirror Dash Cam is a unit you will never miss from comprehensive hd mirror cam reviews. That being said, we are happy that it is in these reviews. It comes with a 12-month warranty as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee to make sure you have the best experience ever with it. And it is not just the warranty and guarantee that make it one of the greatest dash cams, but also the features it is equipped with. For instance, this unit has a 170-degree front view and 140-degree rear view. Well, considering how large these views are, expect to have no problems dealing with blind spots. Ideally, you will be able to see the entire road.
- The camera is of excellent quality
- The manufacturer offers a warranty
- Picture quality is wonderful
- Menus are in English; hence, easy to use
- The cable is not long enough
Best For: If you feel that capturing such crucial details as signposts and license plates can be very handy, then you should consider this rear view mirror dash cam.
#15. Speedal M8 9.66 Inches Mirror Dash Cam
Speedal M8 9.66 Inches Mirror Dash Cam at a Glance:
- Uses 1 lithium ion battery
- Dimensions are 13.5 by 2.6 by 1.5 inches
- Weighs 1.96 pounds
The best rear view mirror backup camera is one that is reliable and does what it is designed to do. The Speedal M8 9.66 Inches Mirror Dash Cam ticks all these boxes and that automatically qualifies it as one of the best. It has a 9.66-inch touchscreen that is large enough to make sure you have no problem operating it. As if that’s not enough, this rear view mirror dash cam boasts a 160-degree wide angle that will let you enjoy a clearer and broader visual experience while you are driving. The unit consists of two cameras that work simultaneously to capture what’s happening on the road in crystal clear details. It is backed by a 1-year warranty and 100-percent satisfaction guarantee for hassle-free buying.
- Picture size is large
- Picture quality is great
- Easy to use and the price is affordable
- The installation is quick and easy
- Can be a bit glitchy, but this is common to such devices
Best For: If you are on a budget and looking for a top-quality rear view dash cam, this gadget should be a frontier for you.
How to find the Best Rear View Mirror Dash Cam
There are a number of things you should check out before buying a rear view mirror dash cam. These are:
The higher the resolution, the clearer the videos your dash cam will produce. So, if you are that kind of person only interested in crystal clear videos, you should consider those units with resolutions of at least 1080p for the front camera and 480p for the rear camera.
Large Display Size
A large display size makes a dash cam extremely easy to use. In most cases, large screens tend to have large buttons and user-friendly icons to make sure you have an easy time operating your dash cam.
Waterproof Rear Camera
Given that they are likely to be exposed to rain, rear cameras of your dash cam system should be weatherproof. Ideally, a weatherproof rear camera is reliable because it will be able to record videos even when it is raining.
Your rear view mirror dash cam should work in many different climates. For instance, dash cams with operating temperatures ranging from -4 degrees Fahrenheit to around 150 degrees Fahrenheit make an excellent purchase because they will deliver in extreme conditions.
A rear view mirror dash cam is no longer optional. It captures everything that’s going on while you are driving. Well, this makes them very important because
they can bail you out in the event of an emergency or accident. A rear view mirror dash cam also eliminates blind spots, thereby, ensuring safe driving.
Best Rear View Mirror Dash Cam in 2020
Leave a Reply