Top Best Badminton Racket for Beginners in 2019
It is imperative that you only use the best badminton racket for beginners if you are just starting to learn how to play badminton. Unlike low-quality models, premium badminton rackets for beginners have good balance points, great weight, and are sturdy enough to make badminton much easier than ever before. They are easy to swing, so you can make those amazing smashes even as a debutant. Since getting them can be quite a challenge, we have compiled the following reviews. Therefore, go ahead and read each of them to know exactly what you need.
View the Best Badminton Racket for Beginners in Reviews
1. Franklin Sports Badminton Racquet Replacement Set
One set you should definitely add to your badminton collection is the Franklin Sports Badminton Racquet Set. It is a 2-player set that has well-made pieces to provide you with maximum satisfaction. The set includes two racquets and two shuttlecocks. The racquets are made of aluminum to provide them with much-needed durability. The shuttlecocks, on the other hand, are A-grade. As a result, expect this replacement set to be a good purchase, especially if you are just starting to play badminton. Despite the sturdy construction, these rackets have handles with a smooth grip. You will, therefore, play with your family or friends for a long period without feeling any strain on the wrists.
- Great for backyard fun
- The nylon netting is tight and nice
- Will not break the bank
- The delivery is fast and both rackets work great
- Not as durable as expected
2. RiteTrak Sports 7 Badminton Racket Set
The manufacturer of a badminton racket for beginners should give enough attention to their products. That said, we feel that RiteTrak Sports has done a great job as far as the construction of this set is concerned. As opposed to most rackets, which are all-steel/aluminum, rackets from RiteTrak Sports boast eye-catching one-piece craftsmanship. Furthermore, they have a smooth connection between their heads and the shaft. Well, this makes them really sturdy yet super flexible. This set has two rackets, three nylon skirt shuttlecocks, a bright yellow tube, and a zippered carrying bag, which makes the pieces easy to carry for outdoor fun.
- The pieces seem to be of great quality
- The customer service is great
- Rackets offer a great balance of flex and stiffness
- Available in two different color options (orange/black and red/blue)
- The shuttlecocks leave a lot to be desired
3. COMBO SET YONEX Badminton
With over 100 reviews, it is evident that more than a few people have purchased this badminton racket for beginners. And this simply means one thing; the badminton set is top quality and deserves a place on this highly competitive list. It includes two rackets with different colors (Yellow/white and green/white) to make the game more fun than ever before. Because the rackets are differently colored, you will know straight away from your favorite even after a long break. It also comes with birdies/shuttlecocks as well as a tube for keeping them when they are not in use. Plus there is a convenient bag for carrying all the rackets and shuttlecocks when you are on the go.
- Pieces seem capable of withstanding non-professional, hard play
- They are strong for the price and work great
- Ideal for summer fun
- The bag is helpful and appears to be of decent quality
- The quality of the shuttlecocks is not as good as that of the rackets
4. Yonex 2013 Racket Combo Set
Two rackets, two shuttlecocks; you will lack nothing when you have this set from Yonex. There is also a bag case for carrying the shuttlecocks and rackets. It is, therefore, obvious that you will not be inconvenienced in the event that you are transporting the set from your home to the park for some unforgettable outdoor fun. This set is a 2013 update; hence, its pieces have all the amazing features every beginner wants. It is a complete set that will surely provide any beginner with various challenges without compromising fun. The set’s reviews are over 100 as well; thus, it is no doubt that it is a great purchase.
- The price is outstanding
- Great for kids to play with
- Rackets are perfectly straight
- Stands up to rough use well
- Rackets look durable and are super lightweight
- The quality of shuttlecock is not good enough
5. Senston N80 Graphite Single Badminton Racquet
We don’t think there is a badminton racket out there that can match the quality of this badminton racquet. Unlike most models, the built-in T-connector of the Senston N80 Badminton Racquet is not made of metallic materials. Instead, it is made of special epoxy resin, which is a lightweight plastic material. As such, expect the frame of this badminton racquet to be more powerful and stable. The racket also features an isometric square head shape that has a large sweet spot to ensure improved hit rate. Another feature that puts this badminton racquet ahead of the competition is the unique pyramid frame rim design that reduces the resistance to swing, thereby, allowing you to hit at a much faster speed.
- Very lightweight for easy use
- Has super high tension strings
- The customer service is excellent
- The quality is amazing and does not vibrate
- Perfect for casual gaming
- The longevity is not as impressive as stated in the description
6. BSN Badminton Racquet (Prism Pack)
For the price, this set is a steal. It is lowly priced yet it includes 6 pieces of different colors. The colors are vibrant and they include Yellow, Red, Orange, Blue, Purple, and Green. Each of the badminton rackets is constructed with a steel head that has a twin shaft. Well, with such sturdy construction, expect the rackets to hold up well to rigorous play. The being said, these racquets are perfect for badminton clubs, gym classes, and even leagues. Athletes will be able to serve and return shots when they have them. This is because each of the racquets has a vinyl polyurethane grip that offers a firm, confident hold.
- Rackets hold up well
- The assortment of colors is a great idea
- The heads of the racquets are good enough
- The construction appears sturdy
- Rackets offer tons of fun
- They appear to be rust resistant
- The grip tape unwraps easily
7. Senston 2 Player Badminton Racket Set
Senston knows that the latest technologies are not just for electronics only but also they can be used to make badminton rackets. They make rackets based on science and technology, so they can produce nothing but the best. Their 2-player badminton racquet set is a great example of their high-quality products. The set has two badminton rackets constructed with carbon-aluminum composite. The sturdy construction makes them more rigid and stronger, so it can withstand rigorous uses. Apart from beginners, the rackets make a useful purchase for casual entertainment. Their isometric square head shape makes them more effective. Besides, these rackets will not deform even after several years of use. And this is because of the one-piece design as well as the T-joint technology.
- Rackets are of good quality and they look great
- They are very lightweight for easy use
- The price is good
- Longevity may be compromised if used for elite play
8. Senston Badminton Racket Set
Like other Senston Badminton Rackets, these ones are made of graphite for peerless performance. Despite being super sturdy, graphite is very light, meaning the rackets are light as well. With that said, expect to use the rackets for an extended period of time without experiencing any shoulder pain, which is normally as a result of heavier models. The construction also reduces the likelihood of racket deformation, given that it enhances their strength. In addition, these rackets are equipped with a cover that protects them. They also have an over-grip feature to help keep your hands dry and enhance comfort.
- Rackets arrive quickly and in good shape
- Great for offensive games
- They appear durable and come with a carrying case
- Rackets generate decent power and are fun to play with
- Lightweight yet extremely sturdy
- The string tension is not as taut as expected
9. Yonex Nanoray NR10 2014 Badminton Racket
There is a reason why this badminton racket for beginners is loved by many. First, it is from a reputable company (Yonex) that makes top quality badminton rackets for 100-percent satisfaction. And second, the racket has all the features needed to send the shuttlecock flying at an impressive speed. Most people also like the fact that this racket is very lightweight and flexible. Well, such an innovative design makes the racket easy to swing during games. It also ensures that the user does not suffer from shoulder pains, which are usually as a result of playing with heavy rackets. Additionally, the shaft of this racket is made of graphite to make it insanely sturdy without compromising its weight.
- Arrives quickly and works great for beginners
- Comes with a ¾ length padded cover
- The quality seems fine
- Light in weight and has a good grip
- The price is a little higher than most rackets with similar features
10. Yonex Arcsaber 001-Red-model 2014
Yonex has another badminton racket that is doing really well. It has all the excellent features of a top quality badminton racket for beginners, and this is what has convinced us to include it on this coveted list. It has a flexible design that prevents it from breaking anyhow. And its frame is made of graphite and Nano-air spring to make it sturdy enough to stand up to the abuses from rigorous play. Its shaft, on the other hand, is made of graphite to further make it sturdy and flexible. At only 88 grams, this badminton racket is one of the lightest on the market. You will, therefore, be able to use it for long hours without fatigue or strain.
- Has good power and excellent control
- Great for beginners and intermediate players
- Very light in weight and has a great design
- Arrives as stated in the description
- Costly, but it is worth it
How to Choose the Best Badminton Racket for Beginners
The following factors will provide you with more knowledge about badminton rackets for beginners.
As a beginner, you should go for a lightweight badminton racket. This is because lightweight rackets are very easy to swing and control. Also, they will not cause shoulder pain like their heavy-duty counterparts.
To test the string tension of your racket, simply press your hand against the string. While pressing, check to what depth the string will sink. If it sinks up to around 1mm, that is a top quality badminton racket. For starters, choose rackets with 22 – 23 pounds tension.
Different badminton rackets have their frames made of different materials such as graphite, aluminum, and carbon fiber. Frames made of aluminum are super light; hence, they are great for beginners. On the other hand, carbon fiber and graphite frames have a solid feel; thus, they are great for intermediate and professional players.
Set or Single?
Some badminton rackets come in sets while others come in singles. A complete set normally has two or more rackets, 2 or more shuttlecocks, and a carrying bag. In our opinion, unless you want to replace a racket, consider buying a badminton racket set. A set is less costly in the long run yet it will provide you with everything you need.
Badminton is an exciting game that does not just provide a fun but also offers a convenient way to exercise and keep your body fit. Well, if you want to enjoy badminton to the fullest, then you must have a top-quality badminton racket for beginners. And that’s where the above reviews come in handy.