Boat shoes or at least this style of footwear have been around for more than a century now and although they started out as the footwear of choice for sailors they are now a fashion trend across the globe. Unlike in the past, these shoes serve a more prominent role than just helping sailors maintain excellent traction on the slippery deck.
But like any other kind of footwear their design and style has been evolving over the years. And so if you are shopping for a pair of boat shoes for walking around the office you will have plenty of shoes to pick from, and you only need to choose what suits your tastes.
The many boat shoe options out there can make it hard to pick the right pair for walking or something that will not wear out after wearing a few times. But, below we review some top-notch boat shoes for walking to help make the decision easy for you.
Table of Contents
- 1. Sperry Top-Sider Boat Shoe
- 2. Sebago Dockside Boat Shoe
- 3. Dockers Castaway Boat Shoes
- 4. Sperry Top-Sider (Gold Cup) Authentic Boat Shoes
- 5. Dockers Vargas Traditional Boat Shoes
- 6. Sperry Top-Sider 3-Eye Boat Shoe
- 7. Sperry Top-Sider Bahama Two-Eyelet Boat Shoes
- 8. Sperry Top-Sider Ultralite Boat Shoes
- 9. Sperry Top-Sider Leeward 2-Eye Boat Shoe
- 10. Sperry Top-Sider Defender 2-Eye Boat Shoes
1. Sperry Top-Sider Boat Shoe
Leather boat shoes are always the best as they are not only durable but also have that appealing classic look. And besides, from the genuine leather upper section, these boat shoes also have a non-marking rubber outsole that will ensure you get excellent traction on both wet and dry surfaces. Other things that make this a fantastic pair of boat shoes include the moccasin-stitched toe, slotted collar, and rust-resistant eyelets.
- Leather upper section for extended durability.
- Non-marking rubber outsole for both wet and dry traction.
- EVA heel cup for shock absorption.
- The moccasin-stitched toe makes it more appealing.
- Available in dozens of color options.
2. Sebago Dockside Boat Shoe
Sebago makes these boat shoes for the gentleman that wants to achieve a classy but still simple enough look to ensure that he does not draw too much attention. These hand-sewn leather boat shoes maintain the traditional look that attracts most men to this footwear type, and they also have a non-slip rubber outsole. The EVA foam insole also provides a lot of padding and cushioning for the feet, and the shoes feature moc-toe stitching and rawhide collar lacing to enhance the look.
- Durable full grain leather upper section.
- Flexible and non-slip rubber outsole.
- Traditional hand-sewn boat shoes.
- Molded EVA foam insoles provide adequate cushioning for the feet.
- Moc-toe stitching and collar rawhide lacing.
3. Dockers Castaway Boat Shoes
Trendy and classy boat shoes do not always have to be pricey. The Dockers Castaway is a relatively affordable pair of boat shoes given its fantastic quality. And like most other boat shoes it features a leather upper section and rubber outsole. It is available in tan and raisin shades, and it has the moc-toe loafer stitching to enhance its appearance, dual eyelet lacing, and a slotted collar.
- Moc-toe loafers stitching helps to spice up the appearance.
- Leather upper and rubber outsole for durable overall construction.
- Slotted collar design for a traditional boat shoe look.
4. Sperry Top-Sider (Gold Cup) Authentic Boat Shoes
The diversity of colors is one of the elements that make this a unique pair of boat shoes. With a little extra cash burn, you can have boat shoes to go with almost any outfit that you have. And besides, from this, it is also a high-quality pair that has a premium leather construction for the upper section and rubber outsole. Also, the detailed stitching helps to add some elegance, and it also has 360 lacing system for a secure fit.
- 360 lacing system for a custom and secure fit.
- Detailed stitching for an appealing look.
- Premium leather upper section and rubber outsole.
5. Dockers Vargas Traditional Boat Shoes
Nothing beats the traditional boat shoe look as you can always be sure of getting some attention-grabbing shoes. And besides, from the classic look of these Dockers boat shoes, they also have durable full grain leather and rubber sole construction. And you can get them in three different colors which are raisin, gray and rust.
- Classic hand-sewn boat shoes.
- Soft and genuine leather upper section.
- Sturdy and durable rubber outsole.
- Ethylene vinyl acetate footbed and ethylene vinyl heel cup for maximum comfort.
6. Sperry Top-Sider 3-Eye Boat Shoe
Here is a modern version of the traditional boat shoes that will be a perfect choice for a man that want something with a contemporary touch. And it is also one of the most breathable boat shoes that you can get out there thanks to the leather and mesh combination for the upper section. The thick and flexible rubber outsole also adds to the comfort of the footwear and also protects the feet from impact when walking. These shoes also have molded EVA midsole to provide sufficient cushioning and padding.
- Leather and mesh upper section for comfort and breathability.
- Molded EVA midsole for cushioning and padding.
- Flexible rubber outsole.
- Five different color options to suit all your outfits.
7. Sperry Top-Sider Bahama Two-Eyelet Boat Shoes
Full grain leather is always the best option when it comes to boat shoes, but this pair proves that textile can also work great as a material for the upper section. The boat shoes are also quite an affordable pair, and they come with a thick rubber sole for maximum shock absorption and to make them more comfortable. And their vulcanized construction provides a secure bond between the top and bottom parts of the footwear.
- Vulcanized construction gives the boat shoes a secure bond between the upper section and sole.
- Breathable and durable texture upper section.
- Genuine hand-sewn moc-toe stitching.
- 360-degree lacing system for a comfortable and custom fit.
- Non-marking rubber outsole provides excellent wet and dry traction.
8. Sperry Top-Sider Ultralite Boat Shoes
Lightweight boat shoes are always more comfortable and ideal for walking around all day. Whether you are at the office or running some errands, these ultralight boat shoes will be an excellent choice, and you will hardly notice them on your feet. Although they are 100% leather shoes, they also have a mesh on the upper section to enhance breathability. And they come in a classic style with moccasin stitching and slotted collar.
- Moccasin stitching and slotted collar for a classic look.
- Lightweight construction for all-day comfort.
- 100% leather and mesh upper section.
- Non-marking rubber sole with a contrasting color to enhance the look.
9. Sperry Top-Sider Leeward 2-Eye Boat Shoe
This fantastic hand-sewn leather boat shoe is both a comfortable pair of footwear and also a stylish one that offers an appealing traditional look. They also have a cushioned footbed that provides comfort throughout the day and a flexible rubber outsole that also helps in shock absorption. You can get these fantastic boat shoes in dozens of colors.
- EVA heel cup for enhanced shock absorption.
- Flexible and durable rubber outsole.
- Hand-sewn genuine leather boat shoes.
10. Sperry Top-Sider Defender 2-Eye Boat Shoes
If you prefer to wear boat shoes that do not have a leather upper section or want something with a casual look here is an excellent choice for you. The beautiful pair of shoes features textile top section that is very breathable and comfortable. And it also uses a synthetic outer sole that will provide excellent traction on both dry and wet surfaces. Most men that have these shoes admit that it will fit perfectly.
- Breathable and comfortable textile upper section.
- Synthetic outsole provides fantastic traction on all surfaces.
- Available in some lovely colors and sole in a contrasting color.
A pair of some classy and traditional looking boat shoes will always be a statement maker for men. And they are also comfortable enough for walking around all day. With the many styles and types of boat shoes out there it is not always easy to pick something that suits you. But with our reviews above of some fantastic pairs, you should now have an idea of what to select from the various options.