Top Best Bowling Shoes for Men
One great thing about bowling is that it is a fascinating game that can be played by all. It offers one of the greatest ways to pass time and have unforgettable moments. However, bowling can be expensive, considering that you have to part with a few dollars to rent shoes and to play a couple of games. But renting shoes only happens if you don’t have a pair of your own. Well, the good news is you can cut costs by having your own pair of bowling shoes.
Men’s bowling shoes are different from women’s bowling shoes, meaning there is something for everyone. Nevertheless, there are numerous brands that produce men’s bowling shoes, and this can make it difficult to get the right product. But we say, worry no more and have a look at our comprehensive compilation about bowling shoes for men.
List The Best Bowling Shoes for Men
#15. Pyramid Men’s Ram White Shoes
The pyramid men’s ram shoe is bought at an affordable price and provides quality and high-performance work. They are unique classic styling shoes with a slide sole that is perfect for either left or right handed bowlers and offers support and performance. Our shoes are pyramid quality and with them, you enjoy an Eco-friendly packaging. The shoes are also backed by a 2-year warranty.
- Easy break-in soles: They promote perfect slide.
- Universal slide sole: Makes the shoes perfect for either left- or right-handed bowlers.
- 2-year warranty: Protects against original defects
- Affordably price
- True to size
- Nice looking
- The manufacturer should consider improving the rubber heel; otherwise, the shoe is perfect.
#14. Turbo II Wide Width Shoes
This is a soft durable man-made upper full fabric – lined with padded tongue and collar wide width shoes. The pair of shoes comes with a non-making classic rubber outsole with a raised heel microfiber. They have slide soles on both shoes and are man-made with soft leather which is durable and can be hand washed and dried under normal conditions.
- Wide width design: Makes these shoes comfortable and reliable.
- Raised rubber heel: Ensures enhanced performance.
- Man-made soft leather: It is both durable and comfortable.
- Comfortable and cushioned
- Shoes fit well
- Innovatively constructed
- They run small, but this can be solved by going for a larger size.
#13. Dexter 9 Bowling Shoes
The shoe features unique technologies styles. It has glove soft leather uppers that offer optimal comfort and increased flexibility, breathable fabric lining that offers in-shoe feel, removable foam insole, interlocking toe hold system that comprises of a toe hold clip-on interchangeable soles that lock it securely into place. It comes with dual hyperflex hinges and channels that ensure proper alignment during sole attachment and enhances flexibility by allowing the sole to flex and stretch at both points to reduce the likelihood of cracking. It is streamlined with a shorter toe for a closer fit that promotes greater control.
- Glove-soft leather uppers: They offer increased flexibility and optimal comfort.
- Breathable fabric lining: It offers a great in-shoe feel.
- Dual Hyperflex Channels: They let the sole flex and stretch at both points while helping to minimize the chances of cracking.
- Shoes make a great gift idea
- Shoes come in numerous different sizes
- Somewhat expensive, but you get what you pay for.
#12. Pyramid Men’s Black Shoes
Pyramid black shoes provide high performance and quality work and they have an affordable price. The shoes are designed in a unique and stylish design and are easy break insole for the perfect slide. They are perfect for both right or left handed bowlers and offers support and performance. Comes shipped in an Eco – friendly bag that reduces the carbon footprint of the shoes while in transits and they are backed by a 2 years warranty.
- Easy break-in sole: It ensures a perfect slide.
- Unique, classic styling: Makes your feet look nice in the shoe.
- 2-year warranty: Protects against manufacturer’s defects and workmanship.
- Backed by a warranty
- Unique and classic
- Can be used by both left- and right-handed bowlers
- The manufacturer should check on the sizing.
#11. Storm Gust Shoes
The shoe is made of lightweight cool cotton canvas on the upper layer and has three colors that are white, grey and black. The shoe is constructed with a modern design that offers style and comfort on blowing lanes. Make an order today and secure your shoe which will serve you even beyond the way you expect.
- Modern design: It provides style and comfort on the bowling lanes.
- Lightweight material: Brings in unmatched convenience.
- Universal Soles: They enhance performance.
- Comes in two color options
- Offers a great fit
- Very comfortable
- Shoes are not ideal for daily wear.
#10. Bowling Men’s Rental- Mens
The shoes are made of Dexter last with padded collar and tongue. The shoe gives you smooth performance when wearing. The shoes are designed to have Dexter sports look that has a unit bottom with molded heels. It is manmade with a high supervision to produce a high quality shoe which is durable and long lasting. It is easy to clean hence there are no worries about it getting dirty. It comes with a black light responsive laces, size window, and logo.
- Padded collar and tongue: They promote ultimate comfort.
- Convenient design: Shoes are easy to clean.
- Responsive laces: They ensure a great, comfortable fit.
- Shoes slide great
- Very comfortable
- Shoes fit perfectly
- Runs small, but you can solve this by ordering a 1/2 size down
#9. KR Strikeforce Mens Flyer Bowling Shoes- Black
The Men’s Flyer Bowling Shoes are simple and stylish. They shoes are very comfortable and can make you walk for long distances without getting tired. They are highly valued because they have to slide universal soles on both the right and left shoes. The shoes are designed and made with soft durable man-made upper synthetic which makes the shoe perfect for all the purposes including workout sports.
- Simple yet stylish design: Enables the shoes to accent any outfit.
- Soft and durable man-made upper: Makes the shoes comfortable.
- Synthetic material: It is durable and will last longer.
- Nice looking
- Ideal for beginners
- Offers great fit
- Shoes seem heavy, but this does not affect the overall performance.
#8. Dexter Kameron Bowling Shoes
It comes with lace up closure, vents at medial side for added breathability and a lightly padded collar a quality of the shoe that increases its demand and durability. It is designed with a textile lining that offers a comfortable in-shoe feel. The shoe is imported from outside countries with a removable molded insole and a not making outsole with defined heel. Lastly, the shoe has microfiber slide sole on both shoes.
- Vents at medial side: It is for added breathability.
- Textile lining: It offers a comfortable in-shoe feel.
- Lightly padded collar: It promotes extra comfort.
- Light and comfortable
- Good looking
- Fits perfectly
- The manufacturer should consider improving the toe box; it is a bit stiff.
#7. BSI Men’s #751 Shoes
The men’s shoes are a well-made bowling and go for an affordable price. It is designed with a stitched and glued slide sole. The shoe is multipurpose because it can be used on different occasions. They have light weight making them convenient for ball sports and also other workout sports. With these shoes, you will never be worried about the dirty because they are simple and can be hand washed and left to dry under normal conditions.
- Stitched and glued slide sole: It is durable enough for ultimate reliability.
- Lightweight EVA midsole: Ensures superior convenience.
- Padded collar and tongue: They bring in unmatched comfort.
- Ideal for bowling
- Affordably priced
- You will need to rough up the bottom; otherwise, the shoe is perfect.
#6. Dexter Men’s Ricky Shoes
Amazon has come up with this product to make you go out in style. The shoe gives you enough comfort and looks and with it, you will never go out of style because it’s a timeless bowling shoe which is made from Dexter. Amazon has ensured that the material is fully fabric-lined with padded tongue and collar. The other features include; durable, soft manmade upper layer which gives you satisfaction and support on the lanes. It comes with a nonmaking rubber outside sole with defined heel.
- Soft and durable man-made upper: It promotes comfort and support on the lanes.
- Padded collar and tongue: They offer added comfort.
- Stylish design: Brings in a timeless performance.
- Reasonably priced
- The felt gets dirty pretty quickly.
#5. Dexter Jack Bowling Shoes
Soft and durable, the Dexter Jack Bowling Shoe is one of the best bowling shoes for men. It comes equipped with everything you need to ensure unrivaled performance and functionality. Ideally, it is available in black/white, so it can perfectly match your outfits.
- Soft and durable man-made upper: It offers comfort and convenience.
- Universal Soles: They enable the shoe to be used by both left- and right-handed bowlers.
- Lace to toe upper pattern: It ensures a custom fit.
- Good looking
- Reasonably priced
- Shoes are narrow, and may perfectly fit wide feet.
#4. Brunswick Men’s Flyer Bowling Shoes
Good news to bowlers! Brunswick now has a top performing bowling shoe. These men’s bowling shoes are a must-have if you want to glide your way to higher scores. They boast numerous essential features that make them handy when it comes to bowling.
- Flex Slide Technology: They improve the performance of the shoes.
- Padded collar and tongue: They bring in exceptional comfort.
- Comfort-Fit construction: It enhances the performance of these shoes.
- Fairly priced
- Shoes are classy
- Shoes fit well
- Shoes look kind of narrow, but this can be solved by ordering a 1/2 size up.
#3. Dexter Jack Wide Width Bowling Shoes
Are you looking for a top quality bowling shoe? Then Dexter has one for you; the Jack Wide Width Bowling Shoe. Made with bowling in mind, this shoe is comfortable and will help you attain the much-needed scores. It is a must-have for anyone who wants to up their bowling results.
- Lace to toe upper pattern: It ensures a custom fit.
- Padded collar and tongue: They promote comfort.
- Soft and durable man-made upper: It offers superior comfort and advanced functionality.
- Shoes come in many different sizes
- Shoes hold up well
- Shoes may not offer the perfect, but they are excellent.
#2. Elite Bowling Atlas White/Blue Bowling Shoes
Made with the finest materials on the market, the Elite Bowling Atlas White/Blue Bowling Shoes perform well and hold up for a pretty long time. You will appreciate its style, performance, and durability. Moreover, Elite has backed these shoes with a guarantee for worry-free buying experience.
- 2-year warranty: Protects against manufacturing defects and workmanship.
- Universal slide soles: They have a strong support that ensures top performance for both left- and right-handed bowlers.
- Lightweight design: Makes the shoes reliable and convenient.
- Backed by a warranty
- Leads to top performance
- The manufacturer should improve the quality of the sole.
#1. Dexter Men’s SST 8 SE Bowling Shoes
Finally, the market has a top quality men’s bowling shoes. The Dexter Men’s SST 8 SE Bowling Shoes are stylish and offer an affordable alternative for taking bowling to the next level. They are also comfortable enough for ultimate convenience.
- Full-grain leather and nylon upper: They ensure superior comfort, fit, and performance.
- Stitched toe cement construction: It enhances durability.
- Padded tongue and collar: They promote added comfort.
- Shoes fit well
- A bit expensive, but it is worth the price.
Benefits of Bowling Shoes
- Protects the floor of the Approach
The approach is where one walks before releasing the ball into the alley. A damaged approach can be potentially dangerous to bowlers in that it can make you trip easily. Moreover, it can lead to various injuries in the event that you trip and fall down. But you can avoid all these when you have top notch bowling shoes.
- Customized Needs
Recent years saw manufacturers produce unfashionable bowling shoes with nearly one color. But this is not the case today, as the market now has many different brands of bowling shoes. Today’s shoes for men are not only available in a variety of colors but also they display contemporary styling. This means you will be able to choose a bowling shoe that best suits your personal needs.
- Glides Gracefully
Men’s bowling shoes are designed with a gliding motion in mind. As such, they are totally different from normal sneakers. Most, if not all, bowling shoes have sliding soles on each side, so they can remain relevant to both right- and left-handed bowlers. Additionally, soles of bowling shoes are soft with no heels, meaning you will experience the much-needed gliding motion when bowling.
- Eliminates Inconveniences
It is important to have the right gear for the right sport. And the same applies to bowling where it is advisable to have bowling shoes when bowling. These shoes are specially designed for bowling; hence, they have what it takes to deliver. They are also safe, as they protect against tripping.
- Backed by Warranties
Most manufacturers back their bowling shoes with various warranties to protect against original defects and workmanship. Well, this means you will be able to get a full refund or successfully claim a new pair if the one you just bought is damaged. And this will give you confidence knowing that the manufacturer fully stands behind its product.
Drawbacks of Bowling Shoes
When you enter a bowling room, you will notice a warning sign that prohibits bowlers from wearing bowling shoes outside alleys. In simple terms, bowling shoes are strictly not to be worn outside alleys. And this means you cannot use them for anything else other than bowling. As such, it may not be your favorite shoe if you are looking for a versatile product.
- Not Durable Enough
Materials used to make bowling shoes are not sturdy enough. And you will realize that a pair of bowling shoes can be damaged by a sticky floor or even the smallest gum wrapper. In fact, this gives a good explanation why it is prohibited to wear bowling shoes in other areas apart from alleys. The good news is you can promote the longevity of your shoes by taking good care of them.
- Most are Unfashionable
While more than a few brands have improved the appearance of their products, a good number of bowling shoes are still unfashionable to the extent that they may make you look like a clone. But this should not be more of a disadvantage given that you can easily avoid it by taking your time and getting a premium quality pair.
How to Choose the Best Bowling Shoes for Men
- Look at the Price: Different bowling shoes have different prices because of different reasons. But this does not mean that the most expensive bowling shoes are the best quality product. Interestingly, there are numerous bowling shoes that are reasonably priced. And this means you need to set a budget and choose a shoe within that budget.
- Sizing is important: Yes, the size of a shoe is important and should not be overlooked. Some men’s bowling shoes run big, while others run small. As such, make sure the shoe you are about to purchase fits you all and is comfortable enough to be worn for long hours.
- Consider the Brand: There are manufacturers that are after nothing but customer satisfaction. Well, it is recommended to buy from these manufacturers because you are likely to get the best quality shoes and even great customer support. Some of the best manufacturers that are there today include Dexter, Brunswick, and BSI.
- Don’t forget the Styling: Today, there are many manufacturers that produce stylish bowling shoes with contemporary styling. And this means you will be able to get a trendy bowling shoe that matches your aesthetic. Whatever your style, be sure to look for it until you find it because it is there.
- Remember Sliding: If you want shoes that slide a little when releasing the bowling ball, then going for shoes with a flat bottom would be the best move. But if you are a good bowler and want to control the amount of slide, then a bowling shoe with interchangeable heels or soles would be the best option.
Bowling shoes have a number of features that should be taken care of well. Some of these features include the cover, sole, and even heels. Let’s look at ways on how to maintain bowling shoes.
Using a wire shoe brush, scuff the bottom of the shoe horizontally from inside-out to make the bottom of the shoe go against the grain as well as add more traction. You can also brush your bowling shoe vertically and this is relatively easy. Well, all you need to do is to scuff the bottom vertically to help create a smoother side and less resistance.
- Use shoe covers
Shoe covers should not be overlooked. They are highly important and will help protect your bowling shoes from drink spills or water from the bathroom. They are also ideal during winter when the snow gets on the concourse. Shoe covers will help keep your bowling shoes dry all through.
- Disinfecting your bowling shoes
It is not uncommon to have sweaty feet at the time of removing your bowling shoes. As such, you should not be worried about this, but try to focus on keeping the shoes sweat-free and clean. Well, you can achieve this by disinfecting your bowling shoes occasionally.
What We Recommend:
While all men’s bowling shoes listed in these reviews are top quality, Dexter Men’s SST 8 SE Bowling Shoes are so far the best. They are comfortable; hence, can be worn for a pretty long time. They are also durable, meaning you will be able to rely on them in the bowl room for an extended period. Additionally, these shoes fit well, implying you will not be inconvenienced at all, especially when you are in the middle of the game. Having Dexter Men’s SST 8 SE Bowling Shoes is, therefore, highly recommended.
Frequently Answered Questions
- Why is it important to use bowling shoes at alleys?
Bowl shoes are always clean and do not carry dirt like regular shoes. Well, it is important to have a clean lane that’s free of debris because this will help avoid distractions and even injuries.
- Between renting and buying bowling shoes, which one should I consider?
Renting a bowling shoe seems cheap but may be expensive in the long run. For this reason, it is advisable to buy a bowling shoe because it is convenient not to mention other several benefits like being economical etc.
- Can I use regular sneakers for bowling?
Yes, but you should note that normal sneakers will not bring the best out of you. Furthermore, they are not allowed at bowling alleys.
- How do I make my bowling shoes slide?
First, you should make sure that you clean the sole of your shoes. And when cleaning, ensure you remove grains and other things that may hinder sliding. You may also apply substances on the outsole, but keep in mind that this may be illegal in some competitions.
- Can I wear bowling shoes without socks?
No, you should not. Stiffer materials used to make bowling shoes are not designed for barefoot performance. Plus if you are using rental shoes, then you stand a greater risk of bacterial infection.
There it is; comprehensive compilations that will help you make an informed decision on what to go for and what to avoid. The editorial has everything you have been looking for to make sure you have a deep understanding of what the market has. Therefore, be sure to go through it.
List New Releases of The Best Shoes
- Color: White/Black with Orange trim
- Toehold Hyperflex Engineering
- Total Interchangeable Sole & Heel Construction without trimming
- Right and left convertible
- Goodyear Rubber Replaceable Traction Sole
- The athletically styled and designed Brunswick men's frenzy bowling shoes have a mesh upper that offers breathability as well as a padded collar and Tongue for comfort
- The extra-light EVA outsole will keep you light on your feet so you can Bowl game after game; Brunswick pure slide microfiber slide soles offer immediate superior slide on both feet
- Drive your competition into a frenzy with these Brunswick bowling shoes; color: Static universal soles athletic mesh upper with EVA foam padded collar and Tongue extra-light molded EVA outsole
- Raised rubber heel for a Controlled slide pure slide microfiber slide soles on both shoes superior slide immediately
- Lightweight outsole
- These shoes along with most others all should be ordered a half size larger than typical shoe size
- Sole s8
- Longer Slide
- Yellow Leather
- Included with SST Entry, SST 1, SST 4 Choice, SST 5, SST 6, & SST 7