If you love cycling to work, then an entry level road bike should be a frontier for you. But before you purchase a road bike, there are a number of things that you must consider. First, you must make sure that the bike you are choosing is durable and capable of serving you for years to come. Second, the road bike you are about to purchase must be versatile and can be used on any terrain including hilly or flat terrain.
You must also consider the level of road bike you are buying. For example, go for a beginner road bike if you are just getting into cycling, or advanced road bike if you have been cycling. In the following top 10 best entry level road bikes in 2018 reviews, we bring you some of the best products you are yet to come across.
Table of Contents
- Choose The Best Entry Level Road Bike
- #10. Takara Kabuto Single Speed Road Bike
- #9. Vilano Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano
- #8. GMC Denali Road Bike
- #7. Vilano Commuter Road Bike Shimano 21 Speed
- #6. Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road Bike
- #5. Schwinn Phocus 56CM Frame 1600 Men’s Road Bike
- #4. Schwinn Men’s Volare White 1300 Bike
- #3. Vilano R2 Commuter Road Bike Shimano 21 Speed
- #2. Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike
- #1. Tommaso Imola Compact Road Bike
- A Buyer’s Guide for A Road Bike
- Choosing the Right Type of Road Bike
Choose The Best Entry Level Road Bike
#10. Takara Kabuto Single Speed Road Bike
Meet the Takara Kabuto Single Speed Road Bike! It is an innovative single-speed commuter bike that’s ideal for commuting to work, exercising or leisure activity. Ideally, this road bike has everything you need to make sure you are fully satisfied with it. It is also durable and perfect for anyone who loves road bikes.
- Rear Flip Flop Hub: It is for freewheel or fixed gear.
- Large size: It makes the road bike perfect for adults.
- Tig-welded steel frame: It helps improve the durability of the bike.
- Alloy rims: They have alloy hub and help ensure longevity.
#9. Vilano Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano
The Vilano Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano is from one of the best sellers in the world. It is made with comfort and performance in mind. Therefore, expect an outstanding road bike that is good in nearly all aspects. The Vilano Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano is suitable for commuting to work and for fun.
- 6061 aluminum frame: It is strong and makes the bike perfect for rigorous daily use.
- Lightweight design: The bike only weighs 24 pounds to make sure you are not inconvenienced at all.
- Integrated headset: It helps improve the performance of the bike.
#8. GMC Denali Road Bike
If you are looking for a road bike for street racing, look no more because the market now has the GMC Denali Road Bike. It is without a doubt one of the best road bikes in 2018. Ideally, it comes equipped with several features that not only make it perfect for street racing but also suitable for exercises.
- Lightweight aluminum frame: It makes the bike lightweight yet strong enough to withstand rigorous daily use.
- Shimano Revo shifters: They provide safety and confidence by allowing you to shift without letting your hands off the handle bars.
- Shimano derailleur: It completes the drive train to ensure smooth and quick gear changes.
#7. Vilano Commuter Road Bike Shimano 21 Speed
Whether you want to commute or ride around the city/campus, the Vilano Commuter Road Bike Shimano 21 Speed is the unit to go for. It is a simple road bike that’s ideal for everyone including beginners and those who want to become professionals in cycling.
- 21 speeds: They enable the bike to handle any situation.
- 6061 double butted aluminum frame: It is lightweight and helps bring in the much-needed convenience.
- 700c Double-walled CNC Machined Sides: They help improve performance.
#6. Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road Bike
Italy is known for its rich cycling history, and that’s what the Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road Bike is all about. It comes equipped with numerous features and its performance is outstanding. The bike is the go-to product for anyone who loves cycling or prefers to commute by bikes.
- 3 different sizes: They make the road bike suitable for everyone.
- Hand crafted 6061 aluminum frame: It is lightweight but strong enough for ultimate durability.
- Dual water bottle mounts: They make it easy to store your water bottles, so you may not be dehydrated when cycling.
#5. Schwinn Phocus 56CM Frame 1600 Men’s Road Bike
Are you looking for a sturdy road bike that’s handy when it comes to keeping fit or commuting? Well, look no further than the Schwinn Phocus 56CM Frame 1600 Men’s Road Bike. It is lightweight and responsive, as well as durable enough to serve you for years to come.
- Pro max alloy caliper road brakes: They ensure outstanding stopping power.
- Toe clips and straps: Help promote extra performance.
- Schwinn aluminum road frame: It has a carbon fiber rigid road fork to ensure quick and agile riding.
#4. Schwinn Men’s Volare White 1300 Bike
Versatile, fast, and lightweight, the Schwinn Men’s Volare White 1300 Road Bike is a must-have for anyone who wants to take their cycling experience to the next level. It is perfect for anything from exercise to commuting. Plus, it offers enough comfort for casual rides.
- Alloy caliper pull brakes: They help promote safety, especially when you are riding at a high speed.
- Alloy wheels: They have high-quality rims for optimum performance.
- Schwinn aluminum road frame: It comes equipped with a rigid fork, and it is durable enough for long-term use.
#3. Vilano R2 Commuter Road Bike Shimano 21 Speed
Your search for a top quality entry level bike is finally over! Thanks to the Vilano R2 Commuter Road Bike Shimano 21 Speed. It is made to satisfy each of your needs, meaning you will find it handy when it comes to commuting or doing other outdoor activities.
- Shimano 21 Speed Drivetrain: Enables the bike to handle any situation.
- 6061 double butted aluminum frame: It is lightweight and durable for peerless performance.
- Versatile functionality: The bike can be used for riding to work or around town during the weekend.
#2. Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike
Merax likes it when you have the road bike of your dream. That’s why it brings you the Merax Finiss 21 Speed Road Bike. It is an intelligently crafted road bike that’s perfect for commuting and even for fun riding during the weekend.
- Aluminum kickstand: It is lightweight, thereby, helping reduce the weight of the bike.
- Quick-Release Front Wheels: They are easy to install with no tools required.
- Shimano derailleur and Shimano shifter: They ensure reliable shifting.
- 6061 aluminum frame: It helps ensure smooth riding and effortless transportation.
#1. Tommaso Imola Compact Road Bike
Tommaso has been around since 1985, and it has been producing premium quality bikes. Well, one of these bikes is the Tommaso Imola Compact Road Bike. It is undoubtedly one of the best road bikes you will ever come across.
- Lifetime Frame & Fork Warranty: It protects against manufacturer’s defects and workmanship.
- Shimano Claris STI shifters: They offer smooth and consistent shifting regardless of the riding condition.
- Compact frame geometry: It integrates with premium compact handlebars to ensure increased power and comfort.
- Versatile functionality: The bike can be used on both flat and hilly terrains.
A Buyer’s Guide for A Road Bike
There are a number of things you need to consider before buying a road bike and here are some.
- Frame material: Different road bikes are made of different frame materials. Well, common materials are aluminum and steel, although carbon can also be used. Make sure you choose a road bike with a durable material that allows for long-term use.
- Wheelset: Advanced road bikes feature carbon fibre wheels with deep section rims to provide aerodynamic and weight advantages. Most beginner road bikes, on the other hand, have shallow section, high spoke wheels. Therefore, it is advisable to choose a wheel depending on the level of the road bike you want to buy.
- Extra features: If you can get a road bike with extra features such as water bottle cages and kickstands, the better. This is because such bikes help promote convenience. For example, the water bottle cages makes it easy to store your water bottle during cycling to ensure you are always hydrated.
Choosing the Right Type of Road Bike
There are three common types of road bikes, and they include high performance/racing road bike, touring road bike, and relaxed geometry road bike. High performance/racing road bikes are fast, responsive, and lightweight enough to promote ultimate convenience. Touring road bikes, on the other hand, are durable, and therefore, perfect for carrying heavy loads, especially when going for long distance touring. The third, which is relaxed geometry road bike, is surprisingly comfortable with a more upright riding position. Choosing the right type of road bike, therefore, depends on your needs. For example, if you are after comfort, then you should go for a relaxed geometry road bike.
Getting a premium quality entry level road bike can be an arduous task because of the flooded market. And if you are not careful, then you may find yourself with a poor quality product. Luckily, we have a comprehensive compilation of top 10 reviews as well as a buying guide and factors to consider when buying a road bike.
Well, all of these will help you make a stunning decision by providing you with in-depth knowledge to know what is good and what should be avoided. What are you waiting for? Go through the compilation and choose one product that best suits you.