There are many treasured valuables in your home that requires protection. Some of the possible threats to your valuables include flooding, house fires, burglars and snoopy workers. The security system is not sufficient in protecting you from such threats. The good news is that there are cabinet safes available on the market that can be used to store these valuables. These safes have been designed to serve a specific purpose and provide you a great way to secure the treasured valuables. They come in various sizes that can comfortably fit within your house. They can also be fitted discreetly so that no one can even know it is available. We explore the best cabinet safes in reviews to assist you make the right choice for your cabinet.
- List of the best cabinet safes
- 10. AmazonBasics Security Safe (0.5-Cubic Feet)
- 9. SentrySafe H0100CG Waterproof Fire Resistant Chest
- 8. AmazonBasics Security Safe (1-Cubic Feet)
- 7. Paragon 7775 Lock and Safe (1.8 Cubic Feet)
- 6. First Alert 2087F-BD (0.94 Cubic Feet)
- 5. SentrySafe SFW123GDC (1.23 Cubic Feet)
- 4. SentrySafe Fire Safe, Extra Small, 0500 (0.2 Cubic Feet)
- 3. SENTRY P008E Compact Electronic Safe
- 2. Viking Security VS-25BL Biometric Safe
- 1. Paragon SureDrop 7875 Digital Depository Safe
- How To Choose Best Cabinet Safes
- What we recommend
List of the best cabinet safes
10. AmazonBasics Security Safe (0.5-Cubic Feet)
This is a low-cost compact safe specifically sold by Amazon that can be used to secure your documents, jewelry and other valuables. The safe has been designed with ample space to accommodate your documents in a more organized way. It features a steel body that guarantees the safety of your valuables, as it is hard to break. It also comes with an electronic keypad and backup keys just in case there is a power outage. Its interior is carpeted using a scratch resistant material.
The key features include:
- A solid steel construction that offers you rugged reliability and durability.
- A programmable digital access that comes with an electronic lock.
- A pry-resistant steel door, two live-door bolts and concealed hinges.
9. SentrySafe H0100CG Waterproof Fire Resistant Chest
Sentry Safe is one of the best manufacturers when it comes to high quality security safes for your documents.
Some of the key features of the SentrySafe H0100CG Fire Safe include:
- A fire resistant waterproof box – this box will keep your important documents securely and protect them from floods and fire. The box also has a convenient handle.
- Advanced fire protection – being UL classified, this box is able to endure fire at very high temperatures in order to protect your documents, USB drives, CDs, DVDs and memory sticks.
- Waterproof capabilities – being ETL verified, the box will protect your documents even when submerged in water.
8. AmazonBasics Security Safe (1-Cubic Feet)
This is a fantastic low cost electronic safe that is able to meet the basic protection and privacy needs for your valuables. With this safe you can store cash, jewelry, ammunition, weapons and other small sized valuables. The AmazonBasics Security Safes are in four different sizes of 0.5, 0.7, 1.0 and 1.2 cubic feet. Currently they have stopped further production of the 0.7 and 1.0 cubic feet sizes.
Some of the features of this safe are:
- A 1.0 cubic feet safe that has an electronic lock and emergency keys.
- A carpeted floor within the steel construction to protect against scratches.
- Four bolts for mounting on the wall.
7. Paragon 7775 Lock and Safe (1.8 Cubic Feet)
This safe is produced by Paragon Lock and Safe Co. It comes with a customized digital code that enables you to store and protect your valuables in a much easier way. The hinges have also been concealed for extra security. It is a perfect safe for your home or work place with a guaranteed 10-year warranty.
Some of the key features include:
- A solid steel construction for durability.
- Two unique compartments, which includes an interior shelf.
- Digital entry that eliminates the need for multiple copies of the key.
6. First Alert 2087F-BD (0.94 Cubic Feet)
This is an excellent safe that can provide you extra protection from fire, water and burglary. This safe can be bolted on the floor and still remain fire resistant and waterproof. Installation doesn’t require you to drill through the safe.
Some of its key features include:
- Waterproof seal along the openings – this seal keeps moisture out of the safe hence ensuring your valuables remain dry even when submerged in water.
- Pry-resistant hinges and resin construction to deter thieves from accessing your valuables.
- Weight and dimension – the safe measures 82 pounds with its dimension being 16.5 inches by 14.5 inches by 19.0 inches.
5. SentrySafe SFW123GDC (1.23 Cubic Feet)
This safe comes with an additional key lock to protect your valuables from unauthorized access. It is an extra large safe with advanced fire protection system. The safe can withstand fire of 927 degrees Celsius for up to 1 hour. Its bolts are about 60 percent bigger than most traditional safes.
Some of the key features include:
- A solid construction that keeps your valuables safe and secure.
- UL and ETL certification against fire protection.
- Smart features such as an interior key rack, pockets for small items and interior locking drawer.
4. SentrySafe Fire Safe, Extra Small, 0500 (0.2 Cubic Feet)
Just like the other SentrySafe products, this safe is UL and ETL verified to provide protection against fire. The 0500 model will protect your valuables for up to 30 minutes with temperatures as high as 843 degree Celsius. It also comes with a privacy key lock and a lifetime fire warranty.
Some of the key features are:
- Fire resistant box that protects your valuables from fire.
- A privacy key lock that keeps intruders away from your safe.
- Carrying grips for portability.
3. SENTRY P008E Compact Electronic Safe
This programmable digital security lock comes with two user codes and two override keys. It has a solid steel construction and a steel tethering cable.
Its features include:
- A digital security lock that is programmable. Two override keys are also included.
- Interior dimensions of 1.9 inches by 9.8 inches by 7.1 inches.
- A durable solid steel construction.
2. Viking Security VS-25BL Biometric Safe
The Viking VS-25BL Safe offers you an excellent locking system that uses an optical fingerprint reader, a digital keypad and an LCD display. You can store up to 32 different fingerprints in its memory. The safe will only recognize registered bio-metrics. There is an extra key that can be used to access the safe for someone whose fingerprint is not registered.
The key features include:
- A 500 DPI optical bio-metric sensor – the bio-metric scanner is able to record up to 32 unique fingerprints.
- A steel door that has two anti-pry insertion slots.
- Digital LCD display, which allows you to program between 4 to 8 digit pins for accessing the safe.
1. Paragon SureDrop 7875 Digital Depository Safe
This safe has a compact design, which is fully functional just like any other safe. It offers you two options for opening it. You can either use a key or a code to open it.
Its key features include:
- A solid steel construction for the body and the door.
- A powder coating for the interior and exterior.
- Two ways opening – a digital entry using a secret pin or opening using included keys.
- Tamper-proof hinges.
How To Choose Best Cabinet Safes
In choosing the best cabinet safe, there are a number of factors you have to consider. One of the key considerations is the cost aspect. The type of safe and the features included will also dictate your choice for the best cabinet safe. You will also have to consider the following aspects:
- Storage location – placing the safe in the master bedroom may not be the best location since this is the target of most thieves. You need to consider a hidden area within the house. One such area may be the basement.
- Usage – you need to consider what you are going to use the safe for. Important documents like passport, birth certificate and will require a fire resistant and a waterproof safe. If storing jewelry, photo albums and firearm, you need extra protection from burglars.
- Size – the size is basically a function of the available space and usage. It is advisable to create some room for growth.
What we recommend
Our best cabinet safes in reviews recommend First Alert 2087F as the best choice for your storage needs. On top of burglary security, this safe protects your valuables from being damaged by fire and water. You can also bolt it on the floor without compromising its protection capabilities.
Your treasured valuables need to be protected from theft, fire and water. The home security system won’t give you this level of protection. This is the reason you need to invest in a cabinet safe. We have reviewed the different cabinet safes available on the market so as to enable you choose one that will suit your needs.