Hiking is not always the same without a camera to capture all those memories. And so you should make sure that you never leave yours behind. But a much as you would want to capture everything on your hikes, it is also important to make sure that you have a secure way of carrying your camera. Remember that you will be outdoors and there are many hazards that the camera has to face from the weather to the terrain.
A camera backpack provides one of the best ways to carry your camera and also a few other things that you might need when outdoors. However, it is important to find something that is rugged enough to withstand the challenges that come with the outdoor environment. In this piece, we review 10 high-quality camera backpacks that will be great for hiking.
Check Out the Best Camera Backpacks for Hiking Reviews
1. AmazonBasics SLR/DSLR Camera Backpack
Despite this being a highly affordable camera backpack, it is still quite handy for your hiking trips. It is designed with a roomy interior that is partitioned with some adjustable and padded compartments for easy organization. Also, it includes a couple of pockets on the inside for all your camera accessories. The nylon and polyester construction makes it quite durable, and it is also a comfortable backpack to carry thanks to the heavily padded shoulder straps and the padded waist and chest.
- Ample interior storage
- Durable polyester and nylon construction
- Includes small accessories pocket
- Heavily padded shoulder straps
- Adjustable padded compartments for easy organization
- It is not truly waterproof
2. Canon Deluxe 200EG Photo Backpack
With a strong and weatherproof backpack like this one, you will never have to worry about keeping your camera safe from the elements. It is made with a waterproof nylon and polyester construction and it is urethane coated and water repellent for extra durability. The padded divider system makes the interior easy to organize and you can easily fit in two small cameras and a variety of accessories. Also, this backpack comes with heavily padded shoulder straps to make it comfortable to carry and it also has tripod straps.
- Plenty of spaces for a couple of cameras and accessories
- Waterproof nylon and polyester construction
- Urethane coated for extra durability
- Padded divider system for easy organization
- Lightweight and heavily padded shoulder straps
- Tripod straps included
- Dark colored interior makes it hard to see continence
3. Altura Camera Sling Backpack
This lightweight and highly durable backpack will ensure that you have something high-quality to help you carry your camera without having to put too much weight on your back. It is designed with padded and adjustable interior dividers that make the inside easy to organize and also offer additional protection for your camera and accessories. This backpack is not only ideal for carrying cameras but many other personal belongings, and it also includes a handy mesh pocket. And to make it even better, the sling backpack design is very convenient and it also has a monopod or tripod holder.
- Lightweight and highly durable
- Design for multipurpose use
- High-quality interior
- Mesh pocket included for accessories
- Convenient and comfortable sling backpack design
- Padded adjustable interior dividers
- Tripod/monopod holder included
- Divider system needs some improvement
4. Case Logic DCB-309 Camera Backpack
Any camera backpack that uses an adjustable divider system will always be more convenient as it makes it easy to organize your camera and all accessories. But besides the handy dividers, this roomy backpack also provides some extra pockets for non-camera items that you need when hiking. It will come with a free weather protection hood, and there is also a padded laptop compartment that can accommodate up to 15-inch laptops. The easy access front and side pocket are also quite convenient and the backpack can also hold a small monopod or tripod.
- Adjustable divider system
- Padded laptop compartment
- Easy access side pockets
- Can also hold small monopod/tripods
- Comes with a free weather protection hood
- Extra storage for non-camera items
- Poor zipper strings design
5. Vivitar DSLR Camera Backpack
Nobody wants to keep buying a new camera backpack every time they want to go hiking and so it is always a great idea to go for something highly durable like this one. Besides being a sturdy backpack, it is also quite lightweight to ensure it does not add unnecessary weight to your luggage. Also, it is made with padded customizable dividers for easy organization, and with a mesh compartment for accessories. There are also a couple of side compartments for extra storage, and it will also hold a small monopod or tripod
- Lightweight and sturdy backpack
- Versatile storage compartment
- Padded customizable dividers
- Mesh compartments for accessories included
- Can also accommodate a tripod or monopod
- Couple of side compartments for extra storage
- Dividers are quite flimsy
6. Lowepro ProTactic DSLR Camera Backpack
If you are a hobbyist or just a regular photographer that enjoys taking pictures when hiking, this backpack should be big enough for you. It is designed with adequate space to accommodate a couple of cameras and several accessories and with a padded compartment for a laptop. Also, it has 5 modular accessories which include a water bottle pouch and accessory case. This backpack will allow you to get various setups thanks to the slip-lock compatible straps, and it also comes with a built-in weather cover to help protect your valuables from the elements.
- Has enough room for two cameras, accessories and a laptop
- Multiple access points
- Five modular accessories
- Slip-lock compatible straps
- Comfortable and well-ventilated harness
- Built-in all-weather cover
- Multiple interior and exterior pockets
- A little too small for professional photography
7. Lowepro BP 250 AW II DSLR Backpack
Lowepro makes this backpack with multiple storage zones to ensure you never have to leave anything behind when going for a hike. Like most others, it has padded and adjustable dividers for east organization and multiple internal and exterior pockets. The interior comes in a bright color for high visibility. Carrying the backpack is also easy and comfortable thanks to the padded and adjustable straps, and there is also a built-in weather cover to offer protection from the elements.
- Multiple storage zones
- Padded and removable waist belt for extra comfort
- Built-in all-weather cover
- Handy stretch-mesh side pocket
- Comfortable and adjustable shoulder straps
- High visibility interior
- Looks and feels a little bulky
8. Pacsafe V-17 Anti-Theft Camera Backpack
While this backpack does everything that a typical camera bag should do, it seems to focus more on securing the contents. It makes use of an advanced anti-theft system that prevents slash and run thefts and specially designed zippers. Also, there is a built-in RFID blocking pocket to help protect your important documents and cards. The backpack also has a spacious interior with a drawstring closure on the main compartment, and a padded pocket for a laptop. And there are also removable modular dividers for easy organization.
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Anti-theft technology
- Can accommodate laptops
- Removable modular dividers
- Built-in RFID blocking pocket
- Pricier when compared to others.
9. Manfrotto MB MS-BP-IGR DSLR Camera Backpack
You will not always need to use your camera backpack for carrying cameras, and so it is always a good idea to go for something suitable for multipurpose use like this one. It is a roomy backpack with a removable padded compartment for easy organization and also comes with a camera insert for additional camera protection. There are multiple zippered compartments on the backpack to ensure you can use it to carry a lot of stuff, and it will also accommodate a monopod or tripod. The shoulder straps are well-padded and adjustable for comfortable carrying, and the back panel is also quite ergonomic.
- Protective camera insert
- Multiple zippered pockets and compartments
- Comfortable adjustable shoulder straps
- Can also accommodate monopod/tripod
- Removable padded compartment
- Ergonomic back panel
- Zipper quality is not the best
10. Mindshift 22L Panorama Camera Backpack
Accessing the essentials that you need when hiking such as the camera and binoculars should be super easy with this backpack thanks to the 180-degree rotating belt pack. However, the backpack also has a large enough and convenient main compartment that provides three tripod carry options and a 3-liter capacity hydration reservoir pocket. But there is also a large side pocket that can also accommodate a water bottle. Carrying the backpack is also made easy by the padded and highly breathable harness.
- Convenient rotating belt pack
- Multiple tripod carrying options
- Large hydration reservoir pocket
- Roomy side pocket
- Padded and highly breathable harness
- Quite a bulky backpack
You no longer have to worry about keeping your camera safe from the elements and other hazards that come with hiking as all you need to do is pick one backpack from the 10 above. Because all are top notch quality, all you need to do is choose something with your budget and what suits your tastes and preferences. Lastly, drop us a comment below to let us know what you think about this piece or the camera backpacks.