Top Best Car Wash Soaps in 2020
Why do you need car wash soap while you have lots of detergents that you can equally use to clean your car? This is probably what is going through your mind when you hear car wash soaps. But the truth is the wrong soap may ruin your car’s paint and leave it looking dull not to mention making it wear out sooner than expected. The best car wash soap, on the other hand, will ensure safe, gentle, and effortless cleaning while still preserving the wax and shine of the car. Today, there are so many car wash soaps that you are likely to stumble on a fake one. So, to ensure that you get the right product, we bring you the following top 10 best car wash soap reviews. Take a look.
List the Best Car Wash Soaps in Reviews
#1. Meguiar’sG7164 Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner
The Meguiar’sG7164 Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner is safe for all types of paints and will not compromise wax protection. It contains a premium formulation that safely and gently removes grime, dirt, and contaminant. This soap is highly concentrated to ensure that you use less to wash more. As a result, it is very economical in the sense that you will not have to buy a new one every now and then.
- Cleans the car very well without removing the existing wax
- The suds are very long-lasting
- Soap creates a very shiny look
- Works on all conditions of cars and it has a pleasant scent
- Runs off fairly quickly when applied on the car
#2. Chemical Guys CWS_301 Car Wash Soap
Formulated with biodegradable ingredients, this car wash soap outperforms hazardous surface cleaners and solvent shampoos. The soap is highly concentrated such that just 1 cup of the soap can dilute up to 5 gallons of water. Also, this soap works as a gloss enhancer, shampoo, as well as a paint enhancer. With the fast penetrating citrus, this soap can clean through the toughest stains and grimes without scratching or removing the already existing wax. What’s more, the soap produces ultra-thick foam that will sink deep into hard-to-reach parts.
- A little of the soap goes a long way in a foam cannon
- Rinses off easily and leaves no streaks
- It foams up nicely and smells really good
- Has higher lubrication than other car wash soaps on the market
- The soap comes very separated that it requires a heavy shake
#3. Chemical Guys WAC_707RU Waterless Soap
The Chemical Guys WAC_707RU contains a unique eco-based carnauba that emulsifies, cleans, and lifts dirt away from surfaces. It is a combination of sealant, polish, wax, and waterless soap. Unlike other car wash soaps, this one is ready to use and can clean more vehicles with just one bottle. It is very easy to use; simply shake the bottle to activate it, spray it over the surface, and then wipe it off to achieve a glossy finish.
- Easy to apply and use without breaking the hose and bucket
- Works well and fits the bill perfectly
- Comes nicely packaged in a zip-lock type of bag
- Can cause major scratching if you don’t use many microfiber towels
#4. Griot’s Garage Spray-on Car wash(11066)
Safely clean your car to a brilliant shine anytime with the Griot’s Garage Spray-on Car wash (11066). This wash has high lubrication, so it lifts dirt and grime away from surfaces much faster. It is a safe and effective cleaning agent that bursts through bugs and road grime by encapsulating harmful particles. And for added convenience, this car wash comes complete with all accessories including 3 microfiber cloths, a car wash gallon, and a tap spout.
- Does an awesome job for the price and leaves a great shine
- Smells like fruit and cleans even the dirtiest car with ease
- Perfect for city living where access to a hose isn’t readily available
- It’s very streaky on windows
#5. Mothers California Gold Car Wash (05664)
The Mothers California Gold Car Wash (05664) is a precise balance of care and powerful cleaning that helps prevent dulling paint. It contains a super sudsy formula that resists spotting. Cleaning your car using this soap will help you achieve an outstanding shine without removing the wax. Ideally, frequent use of this product ensures long-lasting benefits. This car wash has a balanced pH that will provide additional safety even with continuous use.
- Doesn’t leave any residue or film on the car
- Cleans very well and the shine lasts
- Enables the finish of the car to resist dirt and pollen for approximately a week
- Very concentrated; hence, a little goes a long way
- Not effective on brake dust
#6. Meguiar’s G10464 Crystal Car Wash
Made of non-streaking formulation, the Meguiar’s G10464 Crystal Car Wash will safely clean your car and leave a dazzling finish. It works by loosening dirt and grime before they bond for effortless cleaning. The neutral pH ensures this soap remains gentle on the paint while preserving wax protection. Besides, this car wash contains special ingredients that will prolong the suds life for long-lasting performance. It is easy to use and works wonderfully with a foam cannon rather than a regular sponge.
- Leaves the glass roof and windows spotless
- Does not show any harshness on the paint, and it is safe for all cars
- Extremely easy to apply on the vehicle
- Leaves a nice shine after every wash
- Has a tendency to dry out any plastic trim piece
#7. Griot’s Garage 10866 Car Wash
One ounce of Griot’s Garage 10866 Car Wash per gallon of water is enough to create an eruption of rich slippery suds. It has high lubrication power, making it faster and easier to use than other car wash soaps in the same category. This soap is pH balanced to ensure that it can safely remove grime and lift off the dirt for a streak-free shine. Thus, it will not strip off sealants and waxes, unlike other soaps.
- Works well and smells good
- Stays foamy for the entire wash time
- Produces excellent suds from a foam cannon
- Has excellent lubricating properties and rinses off easily
- Suds stay in the bucket for a couple of hours more
- Cannot remove the dirt and dust that is already settled
#8. OPT Optimum Car Wash (CW2006G)
The OPT Optimum Car Wash (CW2006G) is highly concentrated and powerful enough to clean all exterior and automobile surfaces. It has a pH-neutral product, and it contains only biodegradable ingredients. Hence, it will not only be gentle on your hands but also on the environment. To protect the existing wax and shine, this soap neither removes the polymer sealant nor affects the existing wax. Furthermore, it is quite economical in that 1/2 ounce per gallon offers premium cleaning for the entire car.
- Works great in a foam cannon
- It is pH balanced and smells great
- Leaves a nice shine and finish on the vehicle
- Removes dirt and lubricates well when washing the car
- Does not produce a lot of suds
#9. Armor All Car Wash Concentrate
This car wash boasts high rinsing power; hence, it will clean your car without leaving spots or streaks. It is formulated with biodegradable ingredients, meaning it is not only safe for automobile surfaces but also friendly to the environment. Unlike dish soaps, the Armor All Car Wash will not strip your car of wax and sealants. It is a powerful cleaner that will help you get rid of dirt and even the toughest automobile grime.
- The price is highly affordable
- It works great and washes off easily
- Very foamy and dries up nicely
- Comes in a sizeable bottle that will save you on trips to purchase more
- It runs a bit thin; however, it is great
#10. Adams Polishes Car Wash Shampoo
The Adams Car Wash contains a unique blend of pH-neutral ingredients that will gently wash away dirt and grime. It is highly concentrated to ensure that you get a lot of lather with just a few ounces of soap in a bucket. And your bucket mixture will hold a thick head of foam that will last the entire washing process. It has a high-lubricating power that will nourish the paint surface as it lifts dirt away. Moreover, this soap is as friendly to the environment as it is to you; thanks to the 100% biodegradable ingredients.
- The soap works great either in a bucket or foam cannon
- Leaves the car super clean and glossy
- Makes a lot of suds and smells great
- May come with shipping defects, but this is not a major issue
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Car Wash Soap
Just like buying any other product, getting the best car wash soap requires in-depth insight into some of the most important aspects. Consider the following;
The pH Level
Car wash soap has a label that indicates the pH level, with the higher pH being alkaline and the lower pH being acidic. Soaps with high pH can cause adverse effects on your car such as damage to the car wax and paint. To help avoid this, go for soaps with pH slightly above the neutral.
The concentration of the soap you buy will determine how much you can save on the purchase of a given soap. To ensure you get more, go for soap with a concentration that gives a ratio of at least 1 ounce to 1 gallon of water. Well, this will save you frequent trips to buying a new bottle of soap.
Well, the scent of car wash soaps might not be of a big deal to so many people. After all, you can buy air freshener of your own liking to keep your car smelling fresh. However, it becomes a problem if you have a strongly scented soap that may lead to allergic reactions. So, consider soaps that do not have strong scents, or better, unscented soaps.
If you love your car very much, you’ll go against all odds to ensure that it gets the best care and maintenance. And there is no better way to take care of your car than to use the best car wash soap to clean it. The above reviews and guidelines will no doubt help you get an ideal product. Therefore, you better read through carefully.