Did you know that Carbon Monoxide, otherwise referred to as CO, is the leading cause of accidental deaths in America? According to reports, Carbon Monoxide always poisons around 1000 people and kills 250 on a yearly basis. Ideally, the major symptom of CO poisoning is flu, and this often makes it so hard to know that you are suffering from CO poisoning until it is too late. Well, that’s why CO is sometimes referred to as the “silent killer”.
But now the good news is you can keep your family safe from CO poisoning without much fuss. And all you need to achieve this is the Carbon Monoxide detector. These innovative gadgets have what it takes to detect CO in the air and literally sound an alarm when CO levels increase. They are affordable yet they deliver priceless results. Here, we bring you the best Carbon Monoxide detectors to buy. So, be sure to read each review.
Table of Contents
- Check out the best Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- 10. Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm (KN-COPP-3)
- 9. First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm (CO605)
- 8. First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm (CO400)
- 7. Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm (KN-COB-B-LPM)
- 6. Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm (KNCOB-DP2)
- 5. Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm (Battery-Operated)
- 4. First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm (CO400)
- 3. First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm (CO600)
- 2. Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm (C3010D)
- 1. Kidde Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Detector (KN-COSM-IBA – Pack of 3)
- A Buyer Guide for Best Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Check out the best Carbon Monoxide Detectors
10. Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm (KN-COPP-3)
The Kidde KN-COPP-3 model will protect your family from the dangers of carbon monoxide. It is easy to install and work effectively to make sure everyone is 100-percent safe. Moreover, it meets UL certification, so it can increase your confidence in buying it.
- Digital Display: It displays the amount of carbon monoxide the gadget is detecting.
- 5-year limited warranty: It protects against manufacturer’s defects and workmanship.
- Nine-volt battery backup: It offers endless monitoring of the levels of CO even when there is a power outage.
- Loud alarm sound: It sounds when the device senses increased levels of CO.
9. First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm (CO605)
One fascinating thing about the First Alert CO605 model is that it will not leave you exposed to carbon monoxide. And it safely achieves this by switching to battery operation in case of a power outage. Furthermore, the detector is easy to install and works effectively once the installation process is over.
- 5-year limited warranty: It protects against original defects.
- Low-battery signal: It makes sure you know when it is time to get the unit new batteries.
- Front-open compartment: It allows you to quickly and easily change batteries.
- “Test-Silence” Button: It allows you to silence the device during a false alarm or test it to see if it’s functioning properly.
8. First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm (CO400)
Designed to be extremely easy to use, the First Alert CO400 model comes equipped with convenient features. In addition, it does not require any installation, and this will allow you to use it immediately upon arrival. With it, you will be able to say goodbye to unnoticed carbon monoxide exposure.
- 85-decibel alarm: It notifies you of the threat posed by carbon monoxide.
- One button: It silences and tests the device.
- Electrochemical CO sensor: It is accurate and detects carbon monoxide.
- Low battery signal: Notifies you when battery power is low.
- Attractive design: Enables the unit to blend perfectly with any décor.
7. Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm (KN-COB-B-LPM)
This intelligently designed unit relies on advanced electronic components to protect your family from dangers of carbon monoxide. It is easy to install and comes with numerous features that help enhance its performance. The time to be safe 24/7/365 is now, and this gadget will really help you.
- Slide-out battery door: It gives quick and easy access to batteries.
- 7-year life and 5-year limited warranties: They protect against original defects.
- Battery lockout system: It prevents against closing battery compartment without installing the battery.
- Test-reset button: It tests the model to ensure peerless operation as well as resets the CO alarm.
6. Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm (KNCOB-DP2)
Kidde is known to produce top quality products; therefore, it comes as no surprise that they are the sole manufacturer of the Kidde KNCOB-DP2. Well, the device is thoughtfully engineered and delivers exceptional performance for 100-percent satisfaction.
- Tamper-resistant feature: It protects the CO alarm from impacts.
- Test Reset Button: It not only tests the unit to ensure exceptional operation but also resets the alarm.
- Battery Back Up: Enables the CO alarm to continue working even when there is a power outage.
- Sleek appearance: Allows you to place the detector anywhere.
5. Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm (Battery-Operated)
Make sure your home is properly protected from carbon monoxide with the Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm. It has highly functional features that make it the go-to product for anyone who wants to safeguard their family. Additionally, it measures 4.5-by-2.75-by-1.5 inches, meaning you will have an easy time handling it.
- Five-year limited warranty: It protects against manufacturer’s defects and workmanship.
- Peak level memory: It displays the highest concentration of CO from the last reset.
- Battery operation: It enables the CO alarm to remain functional even when there is a power outage.
- Digital display: It allows for the effortless monitoring of carbon monoxide.
4. First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm (CO400)
Carbon Monoxide kills and it is important that you have a gadget that controls it. Well, one of these gadgets is the First Alert CO400 model, which is taking homeowners by storm. It is specially designed to help provide protection against carbon monoxide and make sure that you and your family are 100-percent safe.
- Compact size: The CO detector will not take up much space.
- 5-year limited warranty: It protects against manufacturer’s defects and workmanship.
- Silence-test button: It is easy to use and promotes ultimate convenience.
- 85-Decibel alarm: It alerts you when CO levels increase.
- Nine-volt battery: It lets you use the unit anywhere.
3. First Alert Carbon Monoxide Alarm (CO600)
Having a device that keeps you safe from CO is a great idea. And First Alert seems to know this, considering how good they are when it comes to producing CO alarm. Well, the manufacturer’s latest product is the CO600 model, which performs extremely well.
- Electrochemical sensor: It ensures increased accuracy.
- 5-year limited warranty: Promotes worry-free buying experience.
- Sleek appearance: It perfectly blends with modern décor.
- End of Life Timer: Let’s you know when it’s time to do the replacement.
- Convenient Plug-In: It makes the CO alarm super easy to use.
2. Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm (C3010D)
Carbon Monoxide is always referred to as the “silent killer” because of its ability to kill the victim without anyone noticing including the victim himself/herself. But Kidde wants to put an end to this by introducing the C3010D CO alarm. This unit has everything it takes to keep you and your family safe.
- 10-year limited warranty: Ensures that you buy with confidence.
- 85-decibel alarm: It is loud enough to wake up the average sleeping adult.
- Tamper-resistant feature: It ensures that a disabled alarm cannot be placed back onto the mounting bracket.
- Test-Reset Button: It tests the alarm circuitry and horn as well as resets memory once the alarm is sounded.
1. Kidde Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Detector (KN-COSM-IBA – Pack of 3)
Anyone who wants to keep their family safe should go for the Kidde Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Detector. This unit is designed with Kidde, and that only means one thing; it will not disappoint. Besides, it comes loaded with features that make it the perfect package for keeping you safe from Carbon Monoxide.
- Voice alarm: It clearly warns of the impending danger from smoke and CO fumes.
- Battery backup: It allows you to use the CO alarm even when there is a power outage.
- Smart hush: It silences the CO alarm during nuisance alarm situations.
- Peak level alerts: They enhance the performance of the unit.
A Buyer Guide for Best Carbon Monoxide Detectors
The following are what you should consider before buying a carbon monoxide detector;
- Alarm: You should go for a CO detector with a loud alarm. Well, most premium quality CO detectors have 85-decibel alarms, which is enough to wake up the average sleeping adult. Ideally, the sound of a good alarm should reach at least 10 feet. Alarms vary in frequencies; hence, you need to be keen to choose one with the just mentioned qualities.
- Digital Display: Going for a detector with a large digital display is highly recommended. This is because a digital display with a large screen will clearly show you everything including CO levels, battery conditions, peak levels measured over a period, and more. As such, you will have an easy time handling the unit.
- Certification: This is very important and should not be overlooked. Before you buy a Carbon Monoxide detector, make sure it is certified and meets the set standards. Check whether the gadget you are about to purchase complies with such certifications as Underwriters Laboratories and Canadian Standards. Well, a certification indicates that a unit is fully approved and cannot be marred by defects that can, in turn, tamper with its performance, thereby, putting your life on the line.
Carbon Monoxide should not kill anyone; not after reviewing products listed in the above reviews. We have also provided you with a guideline to help you identify the best product without breaking a sweat. Ideally, CO detectors listed here are thoroughly assessed and compared to make sure they don’t disappoint in the long run. They are also certified, especially by the Underwriters Laboratories. Plus they are extremely affordable; meaning money should not be an issue when it comes to getting one. It is time to protect your family from CO poisoning, and these detectors will help you achieve that. Therefore, be sure to choose one.