Top Best Cash Register Machine in 2019
A cash register is a must-have for any business, and this is more so for the product-based ones as it will make life easier. With a good cash register, serving your customers is a quicker and easier process as you can easily tally what they buy and of course give them a more accurate change without having to jog your brain.
Depending on the type and features, the cash register can also help you keep track of inventory and also with taxes. But, there are all kinds of cash registers out there, and so buying one is not always easy even for those that have been using them for ages. However, our top 10 cash register reviews below will help change this for you by giving you some good recommendations.
Check out the Best Cash Register Machine in Reviews
#1. Casio PCR-T273 Cash Register
Casio has been making cash registers for ages, and so they have had more than enough time to perfect their products. This electronic model is enough good proof of this, and it will be perfect for small and medium-sized businesses. The compact and space-saving machine does not require a larger desk or counter, and it also includes a multipurpose tray. Also, there is a large operator display that is easy to read for accuracy and a convenient built-in rear display for customers. And with the high-speed thermal printers, you will never have to keep many customers in a queue.
- Compact space save
- Multipurpose and versatile tray included
- Large and easy to read operator display
- High-speed thermal printer
- Built-in customer display
- More affordable
- Can only print receipt or journal tape and not both
- Not very feature-rich
#2. Sharp XEA107 Entry-Level Cash Register
Sharp is another brand that has been making these machines for many years, and it makes some of the most widely used models currently on the market. This particular one is an entry-level cash register that comes with a detailed manual/start guide to make it very beginner-friendly. It is also designed with a convenient drawer slot to make it easy to handle cheques and a locking cash drawer with several compartments for bills and coins. The LED display is bright enough and with larger characters to make it easy to read. And with the simple programming procedures and highly reliable drum printer, this cash register will give you an easy time and great service.
- Handy drawer slot
- More secure operation
- Quick and highly accurate entry
- Bright enough display with larger character
- Simple programming procedure
- Highly reliable drum printer
- Very beginner-friendly
- No return spool
#3. Casio SE-G1SC-PK Cash Register
If you have a small business that is not super busy, this will be the perfect register for you. Because it is a product by a top brand, you can be confident that it will work well for you and serve you long enough. It provides a more interactive setup that is also straightforward to understand even for beginners and its compact design means it will require little space. The cash register will provide a multipurpose tray with several compartments for bills and coins, and it has a larger and easy to read operator display and a rear one for customers.
- More interactive setup
- Compact and will take up little space
- Multiple coins and bill compartments
- Built-in customer display
- High speed and customizable thermal printer
- Does a lot of unnecessary printing which wastes paper
- Not very ideal for super busy businesses
#4. Sharp XEA207 Menu-Based Control System Register
Although the presence of more buttons can seem a little complicated for beginners, this is still a super easy cash register to understand and use. It will come with 99 preprogrammed departments and 2,500 price lookups which makes it ideal for most businesses. And you can easily backup your data as it also includes a handy SD slot. Printing is a fast and quieter operation as this cash register uses a thermal printer and it has a PC link software to make programming a more effortless task.
- Clear and larger 5-line display
- Easy to understand and use
- SD card slot included for memory backup
- Fast and quiet thermal printing
- Thousands of price lookups
- Close to 100 pre-programmed departments
- The many buttons give it a complicated look for a first-timer
#5. Casio PCR-T500 Cash Register
The dual displays on this cash register are meant to make life easier for both customers and operators. For the operator, the 5-line display is easy to read and will display all the information required to ensure accuracy. Like most other Casio registers, the setup on this one is more interactive and it is also straightforward to program. Also, the cash register uses a fast and highly reliable thermal printer and will include an SD slot for easy backup and programming. And it has 3,000 price lookups which are more than what many others in the price range provide.
- Dual display design
- Easy and more interactive setup
- Fast, reliable and easy-to-use thermal printer
- More convenient raised keyboard design
- Lots of price lookups
- SD card slot included
- Manual should be more straightforward and easier to understand
- Levers that hold bills in the compartments need some improvement
#6. Sharp XEA407 Cash Register
It is hard to get any other cash register in the same price range as the Sharp XEA407 that has as many features and better performance. The cash register has a lot to offer which includes large enough and easy to read displays for customers and operators and up to 7,000 PLU and 99 departments. Programming is also a quick and effortless task that almost anyone can do, and the register is designed to speed up things as it uses a thermal printer to ensure faster and quieter printing. And unlike many others, it will print both receipts and journals as it has separate printers.
- Large and easy to read 8-line display
- More coin and bill compartments
- Simple programming
- Fast and quiet thermal printing
- Thousands more PLU’s
- Dual receipt printing
- Manual/instructions booklet is not very detailed
#7. Casio PCR-T2300 Cash Register
Any cash register with a good built-in customer display will always give your customers an easy time, and the fact that the Casio PCR-T2300 has a clear 2-line one means it will be perfect. Also, it has an excellent display for the operator with 10 lines and will display up to 5 items to ensure more accuracy. Besides the displays, this is also a compact machine that will not require a lot of space and it also has a heavy-duty drawer with 5 bills and 5 coin compartments. This machine is easy to program and it includes an SD slot for backup and with 7,000 PLU’s.
- Convenient and easy to read rear customer display
- Compact design takes up a small space
- Heavy-duty and durable drawer
- SD slot for easy backup and programming
- Can connect directly to electronic payment machines
- Up to 7,000 PLU’s
- Misleading programming information on the manual
- Customer display is not very adjustable
#8. Epsilont Square POS Bundle
With this point of sale bundle, all you will need is an iPad and you will have a top-notch and highly reliable set up. Most of the setup is straightforward and quick as there is nothing much to do and anyone can also use this POS even with no prior training as it is easy to figure out. The bundle will include a strong steel drawer that is designed to keep your cash safe and with several compartments for easy bill and coins organization. Also, the stand for the iPad is equally durable and quite sturdy but the fast and reliable printer with its advanced power management system is what will impress most users.
- Easy to use and with no training required
- Strong steel drawer with lots of compartments
- Quick and simple setup
- Sturdy and durable stand
- Fast and reliable printer with advanced power management
- Only works with select iPad models
#9. Epsilont Square and Shopify Register
If you do not mind spending a little extra cash to get the ultimate point of sale set up for your business, this will be a perfect buy. And you can be sure that it will help to speed up things for you as it uses a fast and reliable thermal Bluetooth printer. It is also a widely compatible POS that will work with a variety of systems, and it also features a heavy-duty and spacious cash drawer with hidden storage for high-value bills. You can also mount it easily on the countertop using the included locking base bracket.
- Reliable and fast thermal Bluetooth printer
- Widely compatible
- Compact and sleekly designed register
- Heavy-duty cash drawer
- Hidden storage space for high-value bills
- Easily mountable on countertops
- A bit pricier
- The font is quite small
#10. POSimplicity Point of Sale System
This point of sale system is another great choice for those that run a busy establishment and do not mind spending some extra bucks on their cash register. It comes as a complete system with everything you need which is a tablet, printer, cash drawer, and a scanner. And it is truly a plug and play system that will not need any hardware programming which means that anyone can quickly and easily set it up. Also, the Android tablet is designed to be highly reliable and with a larger touch screen while the printer is made for super-fast printing and the cash drawer will open automatically and is lockable.
- Larger, commercial-grade touch screen tablet
- Quick and easy to set up
- Automatic opening and lockable drawer
- Plug and play system with no hardware programming required
- Superfast printer
- Comes complete with everything you need
- Quite expensive
There you have it; some detailed reviews of 10 best performing cash registers. The next step now is just to pick what suits your business, budget or even your preferences. And we would also love to hear how it goes, and so be kind enough to drop us a comment below, and also share the piece with others to help them find a good cash register for their business.