The best cat litter box for odor control is a must-have for households with cats. They prevent litter from scattering all over the house. Most of them also come with carbon inserts that absorb odor to help eliminate any nasty smells in the house. Today, there are several cat litter boxes with different price tags, different designs and colors, and different sizes. This means finding a suitable one might be a little confusing. But worry not, because this piece does not just review the best brands in the market but also it talks about a comprehensive buyer’s guide.
Lists of the Best Cat Litter Box for Odor Control in Reviews
1. Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Litter Pan, Warm Gray
You should consider this cat litter box for odor control if you want to provide your cat with privacy. It is a really useful cat litter box, which not only ensures that the privacy of your pet is not comprised but also retains their litter inside. It has a large hood that lifts up to ensure easy cleaning. When assembled, the cat litter box for odor control measures 22 inches long by 20 inches wide by 18 inches high. And its door opening measures 10.4 by 9.6 inches. It is great for multi-cat households and even comes with a carbon filter, which works to get rid of odors.
- Provides a larger room for cats to move around
- The flap can effortlessly be pushed aside when cats enter the box
- The lid locks; hence, cats will not get it off
- It helps get rid of nasty smells and messes all over the floor
- Appears to break easily; thus, should be handled with care
2. Petmate Clean Step Litter Dome
Petmate offers fun, trusted and quality products to make the lives of pets and their families much better. With that said, we are happy to review this cat litter box for odor control. It is 50-percent larger than normal litter boxes. It measures 21 by 21 inches; hence, it is large enough to comfortably accommodate large cat breeds. Despite its super large size, this litter box for cats weighs 6.8 pounds only. Besides, it comes equipped with a charcoal filter that absorbs odors. The cat litter box for odor control can be placed in any room of the house. It is convenient to clean, and this is because of the rounded pan that has no stubborn angles.
- Cats enter and exit easily
- Available in many color options
- The lid is easy to remove
- The top dome lines up perfectly with the base
- Stylishly designed to blend with the décor of any room
- It may be bigger than necessary for households with only one cat
3. IRIS Top Entry Cat Litter Box
One of the most convenient ways to prevent litter from scattering all over your house is to use the IRIS Top Entry Cat Litter Box. It is equipped with a perforated lid that helps remove little particles from the paws of cats. It also boasts a rounded shape and even comes with a litter scoop to make it extremely easy to clean. Its outer dimensions are 20.50 inches long by 14.75 inches wide by 14.38 inches high. And its inner dimensions are 17 inches long by 11.5 inches wide on the bottom narrowest point, while on the widest point, the dimensions are 19.12 inches long by 13.75 inches wide by 14.25 inches high.
- Very classy to seamlessly match the décor of any room
- Quick and easy to clean
- Cats like the privacy
- Cost effective and great alternative to an open box
- The top holds big cat breeds well
- Does not come with a liner
4. PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
A cat litter box that self cleans? Amazing, right? The PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box for cat does not require scooping, cleaning or refilling, because it cleans on its own. It removes odors by absorbing urine and dehydrating solid waste. Furthermore, it has a covered trap that locks away odor and solid waste to spare you the daunting task of having to touch any poop or see a smelly waste. The low-tracking crystals are 99-percent dust free, and they will not stick to your cat’s feet. This cat litter box for odor control is also equipped with a plastic tray lining that protects against leakage by creating a powerful extra barrier.
- Crystals eliminate nasty smells insanely fast
- Very easy to use and one of the most sanitary cat litter boxes
- Works reliably day in day out
- Great for older cats that pee a lot because of weak kidney
- Pricier than most cat litter boxes
5. New Age Pet ecoFlex Litter Loo
Any guest who comes to your house will not realize immediately that this is a litter box. And this is because the cat litter box has dual purposes. It has an enclosure that helps keep it hidden away as well as displaying a stylish piece of furniture to let you use it as an end table. What’s more, this litter loo is very easy to clean when it gets dirty; thanks to the flip down front access. It comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty to protect against any unfortunates. Ideally, it is designed in such a way that it will absorb your pet’s urine. And that makes clean-up a lot easier. The litter box measures 23.6 inches long by 18.5 inches wide by 22.0 inches high (exterior) and 21.1 inches long by 17.1 inches wide by 20.5 inches high (interior).
- Available in several great colors
- Assembly is quick and easy
- The customer service is great
- The door hinges could be sturdier
6. AmazonBasics Hooded Cat Litter Box
Your feline friend definitely needs welcome privacy. And the most convenient way to offer her that is to buy the AmazonBasics Hooded Cat Litter Box. It measures 20.6 inches long by 15.6 inches wide by 15 inches high, and its door measures 7 inches wide by 7.5 inches high. In addition, this cat litter box for odor control comes with a 1-year warranty to give you confidence that you are getting a quality product. It uses a replaceable carbon filter to trap and reduce litter-box odors. And when it gets dirty, simply wipe it clean with a damp cloth. Well, the ease of cleaning this cat litter box is down to odor-resistant polypropylene plastic.
- The plastic used looks nice
- Comes apart easily for litter changing
- The handle makes it easy to move around
- The inside is stick-proof to help make clean-up a breeze
- There is an indentation that is very difficult to clean
7. Modkat Flip Litter Box with Scoop and Reusable Liner
Modern cats love real privacy. And that’s where this cat litter box for odor control comes into play. It has a flipping lid that offers three privacy positions including closed, fully open, and half open. Your cat’s preference will, therefore, be easily met. Ideally, this cat litter box for odor control is designed with convenience in mind. For instance, its lid is conveniently structured to offer quick and easy access for effortless cleaning and scooping. The litter box with scoop measures 20 inches long by 15 inches wide by 16.8 inches high. And it is equipped with the manufacturer’s patent pending hook and liner system that helps keep the liners securely in place.
- Provides cats with plenty of room to get in and out
- The flip lid makes for easy cleaning
- Stylish and looks nice
- Well constructed and does not leak
- The design could be better
8. Modkat Top-Entry Litter Box
There is no way you can get it wrong with this top-entry cat litter box for odor control. It has an award-winning modern design that will complement any room it is placed in. Furthermore, it offers an all-in-one solution in the sense that it comes with everything you need. Well, these things include a large hanging litter scoop, an easy open swivel lid, a reusable tarp liner for easy removal of litter, and a full height seamless base to prevent leaks. The reusable liners are made to fit neatly in the litter box plus they are rip-resistant not to mention being easy to clean. The liners will last up to 3 months.
- Unpacks easy out of the box
- Cats enjoy jumping in from the top
- Deep and roomy enough to comfortably fit cats
- Can be fitted around a corner of any room
- The top-entry design helps reduce the likelihood of litter mess
- Some cats do not like using it
9. Favorite 25” Large Top Entry Cat Litter Box
This cat litter box for odor control will definitely be your cat’s favorite. Its exterior dimensions are 25 inches long by 19.5 inches wide by 16.5 inches high, while its interior dimensions are 18 inches by 12.5 inches (bottom); 25 inches long by 19.5 inches (waist), and 18 inches long by 12.5 inches wide (top). The top opening circle, on the other hand, is 9 inches in diameter. The litter box retains litter inside the pan as well as making sure that your cat has all the privacy he needs while doing his business. It has a non-stick surface that is very easy to clean. Plus it comes with 1 piece of free spare locker for backup.
- Large enough to accommodate two cats
- Well made and looks like it would last for several years
- Comes with a spare clip
- Keeps everything contained very nicely
- The design could be more effective
10. Catit Hooded Cat Litter Pan
The product that closes this list of the best quality cat litter boxes for odor control is this one. It measures 22.4 inches long by 18.3 inches wide by 15.3 inches long, and its door measures 10.4 inches high by 9.6 inches wide. It is perfect for multi-cat households, considering its perfect size. Apart from providing your cat with a convenient place to pee, this cat litter pan has one carbon filter insert, which helps absorb odor, so your house can always be fresh. It is also equipped with a plastic door that offers easy in and out access for your cat. Another important feature is the built-in bag anchor that helps keep the bag open and frees hands for convenient scooping.
- Easy to access even by elderly cats
- The design is simple and amazing
- Great for the price
- The flip-up top is very easy to clean
- Quality is not the best
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Cat Litter Box for Odor Control
The following factors should be at the back of your mind when buying a cat litter box.
You must get it right when it comes to size. Otherwise, you might be forced to return the product. That said, choose a cat litter box based on the size of your cat. For example, go for a large litter box if you have a large feline friend and vice versa.
Cats love privacy. Therefore, if you want them to enjoy using the cat litter box you have just bought them, be keen on that. This means the cat litter box you are set to buy should have enclosures to improve privacy.
Go for a stylishly-built cat litter box that blends with the existing décor and does not look like a cat litter box at first sight. The design should also be convenient enough to let your feline friend go in and come out with much ease. Plus it should make the cat litter box super easy to clean.
You definitely don’t want to buy a cat litter box every now and then, do you? Therefore, ensure that the litter box you get for your cat is well built and looks like it will last for several years. In other words, it should withstand the everyday use and abuse.
Cat litter boxes on the list above are modern. And this means that they are stylish, spacious, sturdy, and highly effective. We took time to research and review them, so you can have an easy time finding a brand that is suitable for you and your cat.