Although there are many different types of grills, a charcoal grill is always one of the best. Well, a good number of grills are unlikely to cook food with a natural taste. But that is not the case when you use a charcoal grill. Since it uses charcoal as a source of fuel, a charcoal grill gives food natural taste, which in turn, makes it delicious. It also produces enough smoke, which helps keep the food moisturized during grilling. You may, therefore, consider it over other grills. So, we make your work easier by providing you with the following best charcoal grill in reviews.
#1. Char-Griller Table Top Charcoal Griller (2-2424)
Designed with heavy steel construction, the Char-Griller Table Top Charcoal Griller (2-2424) promises to last longer than you can imagine. It is also designed with flexibility in mind since it can fit the Wrangler, Duo, Outlaw, and Chargriller Pro Deluxe. You will love the fact that the griller can be used not just as a griller but also as a side box. It features a 250-square inch cooking surface to give you an easy time cooking your favorite food.
- Sliding Drawer: Allows you to easily access ashes and coals.
- Removable Ash Pan: It ensures easy cleanup of coal.
- Stay-cool Hood Handle: It does not heat up; hence, will not compromise your safety.
#2. Weber 22-Inch Charcoal Grill (741001)
The Weber 22-Inch Charcoal Grill (741001) is made by perfectionists. And this means it will not be a letdown in any way. It is equipped with several features that work collectively to make it one of the most reliable charcoal grills. It works fast and always cooks delicious meals that will create happy moments with family or friends. Its porcelain enamel can withstand heat up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit to enable you to cook and grill different kinds of food.
- 10-year Limited Warranty: Protects against original defects and workmanship.
- Aluminum Ash Catcher: It helps keep your grilling space clean and more organized.
- Rust-resistant Vents: They promise to remain functional for years to come.
- 363-square Inch Cooking Surface: Gives you a wide platform for grilling.
#3. Char-Griller Outlaw Charcoal Grill/Smoker (2137)
Although its price is a little raised, the Char-Griller Outlaw Charcoal Grill/Smoker (2137) is worth its price. It is one of the few charcoal grills that guarantee several years of service; thanks to its heavy gauge steel construction. In addition, its adjustable grate, barrel bottom, and grill barrel all have a vegetable coating that protects them from rust. It is undeniably a must-buy for any grilling enthusiast who values durability.
- Adjustable Fire Grate: Makes it very easy to control the heat.
- Dump Ash Pan: It makes cleanup a snap.
- Cast Iron Grates: They give you uniform heat as well as searing your meat to lock in flavor.
- Wide Cooking Area: It is 1063 square inches to let you cook or grill without much fuss.
#4. Char-Griller Pro Charcoal Grill (1515)
Who said you cannot enjoy grilling if you have a small patio? The Char-Griller Pro Charcoal Grill is compactly designed, so it can fit small spaces or patios. It features a cast iron grate and boasts a heavy steel construction to enable it to withstand the rigorous uses associated with grilling. It is one of a kind, and you will love how it works. The grill is perfect for cooking six 17” kebabs, grilling a whole chicken and roasting tomatoes and peppers.
- Side Air Vent: It allows air to circulate for an effective grilling experience.
- Stay-cool Wood Handle: It promotes safety, especially when you want to move the grill while it is hot.
- Wooden Side Shelf: Provides a convenient place for putting whatever you are set to grill.
#5. Char-Griller 1224 Smokin Charcoal Grill
Another expensive charcoal grill that is worth every cent, the Char-Griller 1224 Smokin Charcoal Grill is all you need to become a master at grilling. It measures 62-by-29-by-50 inches and weighs 146 pounds. Well, this means you will have an extremely easy time using it. You will also be thrilled by the ease of assembly. In fact, you will not take hours assembling it and setting it up for unforgettable grilling.
- Dump Ash Pan: It ensures easy cleanup when grilling is over.
- Heat Gage: It is on the hood and will let you know the temperature.
- Powder Coat Finish: Makes sure that colors are long-lasting.
- Cast Iron Construction: It makes the grill very sturdy.
#6. Kingsford 30-Inch Barrel Charcoal Grill (GR1031-014984)
When assembled, the Kingsford 30-Inch Barrel Charcoal Grill (GR1031-014984) measures 43-by-23.5-by-50 inches. This means you will have enough cooking space where you can cook and grill without any problem. The charcoal grill comes with a lot of useful features to make sure you come up with excellent results every time. You will love its 35-burger capacity as well as its 793 sq. inch cooking area.
- Thermometer: It is for precise control of temperature.
- Wheels: They make the charcoal grill very easy to transport.
- Heavy-duty Construction: It enables the charcoal grill to withstand the demanding use.
- Cooking Grates: They are made of cast iron for ultimate durability.
#7. Titan Attachments Park Style Charcoal Grill
The Titan Attachments Park Style Charcoal Grill is designed for anyone who finds barbecuing in the park fun. It is equipped with fantastic features that work collectively to make sure it delivers outstanding performance. What’s more, it weighs only 58 pounds; hence, expect to carry it in a snap. The charcoal grill also swivels 360 degrees for added convenience. You don’t need to go through a lot of hardships in the name of grilling. Simply make everything a breeze by acquiring this charcoal grill.
- Adjustable Grate: It adjusts to 4 different levels for convenient grilling.
- Heavy-duty Steel Plate: It will not be damaged by frequent use.
- Lightweight Construction: Makes the charcoal grill very easy to transport from place to place.
#8. Weber 22-Inch Performer Copper Charcoal Grill (15402001)
Your mood will definitely be lifted when you use the Weber 22-Inch Performer Copper Charcoal Grill (15402001). It boasts an open cart design that makes it super easy to use. Furthermore, its features are exactly what avid charcoal grillers want. You will, therefore, find it very handy for nearly all outdoor grilling tasks. The charcoal grill is strong and guarantees reliable performance. Go for it if you feel it’s time to change how you normally grill.
- LCD Countdown Timer: It features a large readout for easy reading.
- High Capacity Ash Catcher: It makes cleanup a breeze.
- Bottom Wire Rack: Provides extra storage space.
- Steel Cart Frame: It is heavy duty for maximum durability.
#9. Royal Gourmet 30” L Charcoal Grill
Make grilling process more fun and easier by using the Royal Gourmet 30”L Charcoal Grill every time you want to grill. It is made by a dedicated manufacturer that works tirelessly to make sure their customers are 100-percent satisfied. Assembling the charcoal grill is pretty easier and you will not take long to complete the whole process. Apart from being used as a charcoal grill, this unit can be used as an offset smoker for heating.
- Adjustable Damper: It ensures better flow of air.
- Cool-touch Spring Handle: It remains cool even when the charcoal grill is hot.
- Bottom Shelf and Steel Mesh Front Table: They provide plenty of storage and working space.
#10. STok Drum Charcoal Grill (SCC0070N)
The first step to making sure that you enjoy grilling is to use a premium quality charcoal grill like the STok Drum Charcoal Grill (SCC0070N). It is well designed to ignite your imagination and push you to try out newer things. It is also versatile and can be used to grill a lot. You will love its compact design that enables it to fit any small space. It, however, boasts plenty of grilling space with its 363 square inch surface.
- STOK Grilling Insert System: It allows you to use an interchangeable vegetable tray, a griddle, and a pizza stone.
- Cast Iron Cooking Grates: They provide durability for heavy and frequent grilling.
- Adjustable Vents and Built-in Charcoal Chimney: They allow quick and effortless control of the temperature.
Buyer’s Guide: Choosing the Best Charcoal Grill
In our buyer’s guide, we have listed a number of factors to consider before you make up your mind on what to buy. So, have a look.
Cooking Surface Area
Having a charcoal grill with a large cooking surface area will let you cook or grill large quantities of meats. Additionally, charcoal grills with large cooking surface areas tend to be more versatile than their counterparts with smaller cooking areas. The good news is that the charcoal grill must not necessarily be big in size in order to have a large cooking surface area. Most modern charcoal grills are compact yet they have larger cooking surfaces.
Your charcoal grill must be super strong. And this is because you are likely to use it frequently. Well, if you are unfortunate to have a charcoal grill that is not made of sturdy materials such as cast iron and aluminum, then expect to go back to the shop sooner rather than later.
Charcoal grills are available in many different sizes. But we’ll advise you to go for one with a compact size. Apart from saving you a lot of space, a compact-sized charcoal grill is very easy to move around. Well, this means you will have an extremely easy time using it. Such charcoal grills are the total opposite of bulky units, especially when it comes to ease of use.
Using a charcoal grill for grilling needs is the wisest decision ever. These grills somewhat have the upper hand since they use charcoal for grilling. They tend to give the best grilling results and are very easy to use. They also do not cost a lot like other grills, which use other sources of fuel. If you are interested in one, this is the platform for you.