Nothing can make your home look more magical this Christmas than a glorious light display. Luckily, there are plenty of Christmas lights on the market in all kinds of colors, shapes, and setups. However, choosing the best light-setup for your Christmas decorations can feel like a daunting task. There are so many brands to choose from that any buyer can easily fall into confusion. That’s where our detailed comparison guide comes in handy. We spent hours of research reading about the best Christmas light houses in reviews and picked 10 of the best top rated models. Look through our picks and select the one that will live up to your holiday decorating dreams.
Check out the Best Christmas Light Houses in Reviews
1. Deneve 25ft G40 Globe String Lights
Bring your outdoors to life with these beautiful globe String Lights from Deneve. One strand runs up to 25feet with the bulbs spaced out at 12-inches. Perfect for cafes and bistros, these lovely globes create a bright and welcoming ambiance. You can also hang them on umbrellas, decks, pergolas, backyards and other favorite outdoor areas. Whatever setting you want to light up, make sure there is a wall outlet nearby to power up the Deneve 25ft G40 Globe String Lights
- .Gives out soft white light•You can daisy chain 3 strands to cover larger areas
- Bright enough to illuminate areas at night
- The incandescent bulbs are not energy efficient. One string uses up to 125W.
2.Oak Leaf 30-LED Fairy String Lights
Perfect for those on a budget, these string lights from Oak Leaf come at a very affordable price. They may be a low-cost option but still make up for a lovely display. The warm white bulbs and copper wire create a stark contrast that stands out. You can even create a romantic sentiment thanks to the dewdrop shaped bulbs that look like bright stars shining at night. These string lights run on two CR2032 coin batteries that provide over 64 hours of power. The insulated copper wire doesn’t overheat after continuous use. Its flexible design also makes it easy to mold your string lights into any shape or wind them around any object.
- Easy to set up
- Energy efficient
- Lights look awesome
- Ideal for indoor & outdoor use
- Batteries will need replacing
3. GDEALER 2 Pack Fairy String Lights
The GDEALER 2 Pack Fairy String LED Lights can be the highlight of your next special occasion. These 60 LED lights run on a 60ft copper strand. Hang them for Halloween, Thanks Giving or Christmas to set a festive mood. The IP67 battery pack is in a sealed waterproof box. Therefore, this setup is ideal for outdoor lighting. A timing function automatically cuts off power after 6 hours, so there is no need to remember you have to turn off the lights. You can use the provided remote control as well to adjust brightness or select different lighting modes such as twinkle, steady on, slo glo, slow fade, wave or sequential.
- Versatile lighting product•Convenient remote controlled operation
- Battery saving timing function
- Quality CE Certified string lights
- Batteries not included
4. Twinkle Star 300 LED Window Curtain String Lights
As the name implies, these string lights are great for decorating curtains. They can offer the perfect backdrop for a Christmas tree placed next to a window. Alternatively, install the lights on a plain wall or ceiling. You can even put on a spectacle by setting the bulbs to twinkle, flash, or perform other effects. The 300 warm white LEDs cover an area of 6.6ft by 9.8ft and draw power from a mains socket.
- Waterproof IP44 design•Ideal for indoor & outdoor decorations
- Features 8 lighting modes
- Quality UL Certified string lights
- Setup area should be close to a wall outlet
5. YIHONG 6 PCS Fairy Lights LED String Lights
With the 6PCS YIHONG LED string lights, you don’t need to run long extension cords or worry about finding an outlet. You can use these battery powered décor lights anywhere. The set comes with six strands, each having 20 micro LEDs mounted on a thin copper wire. The 7.2ft individual strands allow for some versatile decorating. Insert the fairy lights into a mason jar, wrap them around your Christmas tree, or decorate costumes and party centerpieces.
- Portable décor lights •Long battery life of up to 72hrs
- Compact, easy-to-hide battery compartment with on/off switch
- Waterproof décor lights with a fully sealed insulated copper strand
- Each strand is a bit short
6. Homestarry LED Fairy String Multi Color Changing Twinkle Lights
Enhance the appearance of your home, front porch, garden or patio with the help of these multi-colored string lights. Using the included remote control, you can select from over a dozen colors at the push of a button. Choose the jump or fade modes to create that magical ambiance or keep the bulbs on with a steady light. There are up to 10 different brightness levels to choose from depending on how much light you need. The 50 LEDs run along a 16.4ft decorative silver wire that is extremely flexible but durable and sturdy enough to resist breaking. With the timer function activated, you don’t need to switch the bulbs on or off. Simply program them to light up at dusk and turn off 6hours later.
- User-friendly design•Colorful décor lights
- Safe CE and FCC Certified string lights
- IP44 waterproof design allows for outdoor use
- Durable PVC battery pack with smart temperature control
- Fade and jump modes transition through all the colors instead of allowing you to select a few preferred light shades
7. 32.8ft DotStone 5050 RGB LED Strip Lights
Outline footpaths, doorways, and windows with the DotStone 5050 RGB LED rope lights. Included in the package are 20 screws and 10 mounting bracket clips for installation. Thanks to the weatherproof design, you can install the lights out in the open with confidence. The enclosing tape is made of fire retardant and waterproof PVC that will withstand the elements. But, the biggest draw of these décor lights is the wide range of color changing modes you get. You can put on a light show with the music mode, which makes the LEDs to flash in different colors according to the rhythm. If you want to create longer strands, simply cut and link more rope lights without any fear of damaging the LEDs.
- Package includes spool so you can reel in the lights and store them easily
- LEDs light up in a wide range of lovely colors
- Sound activated modes are perfect for events with music
- IP65 rating makes these decorative lights safe to use outdoors
- RF remote controller allows for easy operation
- Energy efficient plug-in décor lights (one strand only uses 0.45 watts)
- The lights must be plugged into a power outlet
8. USB Powered Ehome Starry Fairy String Light
Spice up your décor this Christmas or during any other special event with these adorable starry string lights from Ehome. When lit, they look like adorable polished diamonds reflecting off light. There are 100 LEDs along the entire 33ft copper wire. You can mold the strand into any form. It also wraps around furniture and other items you want to adorn with ease. These string lights can run off a power bank thanks to the USB plug design. The micro LEDs only emit one white hue. However, you get 8 light modes to tinker with and create the perfect atmosphere for the occasion.
- Low-cost decorative lights•Generous strand length
- Waterproof copper strand features a silver decorative lacquer coating
- The lights must be plugged into a powered USB device to stay on
9. ITART Micro LED String Lights
If purple is your favorite color, you can use it for decorative lighting with these ITART mini-string lights. Included in the box are four 6ft strands that have 20 LEDs each. The ITART Micro LED string lights come in six other color choices as well. You can choose to mix and match different shades to create a colorful lighting display. Their ultra-thin bendable wire is easy to work with and will mold into any shape you want to create. The lights run on two button-type batteries that can offer over 20 hours of continuous use before needing replacement.
- Great price•Waterproof multipurpose design
- Easy to bend into intricate shapes
- Comes with 12 months warranty
- Shorter battery life compared to other non-plug-in décor lights
10. YIHONG USB Plug-in Fairy String Lights
These USB Plug-in string lights are another great product from YIHONG. Unlike the earlier listed 6PCS set, this model features a continuous 33ft strand. In addition, you get to enjoy terrific color rendering with a selection of 13 different light hues. The best part is that you can operate the lights with the included remote controller. Use it to do everything from turning on the lights to choosing your favorite color or adjusting the level of brightness.
- Impressive range of vibrant colors •Features fade, strobe and flash modes
- Conveniently plugs into a USB-enabled TV
- Low-voltage cool touch LED bulbs
- Power saving timer function
- Simple remote controlled operation
- Short remote range
Whether you want Christmas lights to adorn the interior or exterior of your house, our top 10 picks offer something for everyone. However, it is important to determine what you are looking for in your purchase. Is the cord long enough for your set up? Are the lights the color you are looking for? Whatever your preference, focus on features that serve the intended purpose. For instance, weatherproof bulbs are best for outdoor settings. And, if you don’t want your power bill going up during the holiday season, LED bulbs are the way to go.