Drying your dishes quickly and easily is much easier when you have the best dish drying mat. Made with highly absorbent materials such as silicone, polyester or microfiber, dish drying mats are really useful in any kitchen. They eliminate the need to have a traditional rack, which may come with a number of inconveniences. Besides, some dish drying mats double as trivets as well as providing a cool place to keep hand-wash glasses, dishes, and pots. At the moment, there are all kinds of dish drying mats. Therefore, all you need to do is to go through comprehensive reviews, like these ones, before buying anything.
View the Best Dish Drying Mat in Reviews
1. S&T XL 18” x 24” Microfiber Dish Drying Mat
S&T has been in business for 100 years. And this means that their microfiber mat is top quality enough to be used for housewarming parties, wedding gifts, and welcome home presents, among other occasions. The dish drying mat is made of 100-percent polyester. Therefore, expect it to last for an extended period of time. It is machine washable, so you can easily keep it clean and ready for use without much fuss. Plus it is foldable for easy storage when you are not using it. It works extremely well, given that it absorbs up to 4 times its weight in water.
- Available in a plethora of colors to choose from
- It is extra large for peerless performance
- Stylish and great for kitchens
- Seems to soak up almost a gallon of water
- Mold forms on it quickly if not taken care of properly
2. S&T Microfiber Dish Drying Mat – 16” x 18”
The goal of S&T has been to create smart and simple solutions to make the life of customers much easier than ever before. Well, they achieve that by producing such products as this 16” x 18” dish drying mat. The drying mat has lots of uses. With that said, you can place it under small appliances like a blender or a mixer to protect your counter from scuffs and scratches. You can also use it to catch drips under a dish rack. Like the first product on this list, this one absorbs up to 4X its weight in water. Plus it radiates moisture from the point of origin to help keep your countertop dry.
- Large enough and highly absorbent
- Does not have mildew smell issues
- Machine washable for easy care
- Has a really nice pattern
- Available in an assortment of colors
- Does not dry as quickly as expected
3. OXO Large Silicone Drying Mat
Traditional drying racks can be quite a hassle to use. That’s why we think that you need a large dish drying mat like this one from OXO. It has a sleek ribbed design that increases aeration and drainage. As a result, the drying mat is great for drying out hand-washed items. It measures 16.875” x 12.5” x 0.25”, and it is made of silicone for superior durability. The silicone is food-grade; thus, you do not need to worry about your health when using the drying mat. Besides, this mat is flexible enough to be rolled up for storage. You can also hang it in your kitchen when you are not using it.
- Good vent to allow glasses to dry fairly quickly
- Looks great and has a nice grip
- Dishwasher-friendly for quick, easy cleaning
- The dish drying mat has lots of uses
- Does not require a lot of commitment like a permanent dish rack
- Only available in one color – gray
4. Envision Home Microfiber Dish Drying Mat – 16 by 18-Inch
Innovation solutions to make life easier should not be overly complicated. That’s why we have included this dish drying mat in these reviews. It helps pots, pans, dishes, and glassware to dry insanely quickly. Well, this is because it has a center layer of foam, which is fused to revolutionary and extremely absorbent microfiber fabric. The fusion process is proprietary, and, therefore, makes the mat highly functional and extremely durable. That being said, this dish drying mat will withstand several uses and washings. The combination of uniquely woven microfiber fabric with optimal foam thickness allows this mat to quickly radiate water. By so doing, it quickens the drying time as well as enhancing absorption.
- Works perfectly and absorbs much water
- The size is perfect for several pans and dishes
- Cleanup is a breeze; simply toss it in the water machine
- Takes much longer than expected to dry
5. Bellemain XXL Microfiber Dish Drying Mat – 24” x 17”
A single dish drying mat is much more convenient to use than two. And we believe that the Bellemain XXL Microfiber Dish Drying Mat fits the bill. It is an extra-large drying mat designed to take up almost 40-percent more space compared to a typical mat. Besides, it is made with an innovative microfiber structure that improves absorption as well as quickening the drying time. With it, you will be able to keep your prized glassware safe and sound and even protect your counter from scratches and scuffs. In addition, this dish drying mat has a foldable design, meaning you can fold it up and toss it in your drawer or tuck it somewhere safe when you are not using it.
- The low-profile color blends with most kitchen décors
- Highly absorbent and feels durable
- The large size is amazingly convenient
- Available in only one color option
6. All Clad Textiles 16-Inch x 28-Inch Fast-Drying Mat
Few dish drying mats can match the absorbency levels of the All Clad Textiles Fast-Drying Mat. Well, the mat is made of 20-percent Polyamide and 80-percent Polyester. The two materials combine to create a highly absorbent mat that is more than ready to keep your counter dry at all times. Another edge this fast-drying mat has over competition is the dual-surfaced design. This innovative design features one side made of a polyester mesh, which is great for drying glasses. The polyester mesh side works by eliminating fog and condensation inside the glassware. The other side is made of a plush pile microfiber that acts as a cushion for delicate items.
- The size is ideal; neither too big nor too small
- Cleans quickly and effortlessly in the washer
- Folds to accommodate the number of dishes, which it has to hold
- The color options are vibrant and look pretty
- Some customers find the size too large for their counters
7. Coop Home Goods Microfiber Dish Drying Mat (3 Pack)
All your needs will be met if you have this dish drying mat. This is because the mats are available in 3 pieces of different sizes. They include an extra-large mat, which measures 32” x 17”; a large mat, which is 16” x 17”, and a medium mat, which is 12” x 17”. This set also includes a suction cup hook and sponges that are handy for drying the mats when they are not in use. Each mat has a unique reversible design, which features two effective sides. The first side is made of a super absorbent microfiber material, while the second is a honeycomb air-mesh proprietary side, which increases airflow as well as ensuring faster drying.
- The different size options are a plus
- Mats make it possible to hand-wash several dishes and pots
- They stay nicely in place
- Mats do not have a nasty smell
- Quality leaves a lot to be desired
8. Smithcraft Big Silicone Trivets mat, set of 2 – 9” X 12”
What we really like about these silicone trivets mats is the fact that they can be used in all situations. The silicone used to make them is capable of withstanding extreme temperatures ranging from -20 degrees Fahrenheit to 446 degrees Fahrenheit. That being said, these mats are ideal for use in a microwave, freezer, and oven. Furthermore, the mats are tested to stand up to repeated twisting and bending. Plus they are backed by a lifetime, no-hassle free-replacement guarantee to give you peace of mind knowing that your money will not go to waste. The mats are made of 100-percent BPA-free food-grade silicone that is also FDA-approved and non-slip.
- Prevents counters from getting scorched by hot dishes and pots
- Durable enough to stand up to the daily use
- The size is perfect for most kitchens
- Great for grabbing hot bakeware from the oven
- A bit flimsy, but works
9. Homeway Essentials 21 x 18 Silicone Dish Drying Mat (EXTRA LARGE)
Because of the large size, this mat can hold a dish rack as well as utensils, pots, and pans. Its large size means you will not need multiple dish drying mats. It is wide and has raised edges to provide ventilation that will allow your dishes to dry faster and evaporate much quicker. Homeway Essentials has made it with silicone, which is one of the most durable materials. Therefore, expect it to withstand the demands of everyday use. The silicone is super easy to clean, as all you need to do is to wipe off water and spills. You can also place the mat in the dishwashing machine for quick cleaning.
- The silicone used is of good quality
- Withstands extreme temperatures from hot pans
- Rolls easily for compact stowing
- Dries glasses completely i.e. inside and out
- Has no drainage area; hence, water tends to stay on it
10. LISH XXL Silicone Dish Drying Mat – 24” x 18”
Keeping your counter clean and dry should be a breeze; thanks to the LISH 24” x 18” Dish Drying Mat. Yes, it measures 24” x 18”; hence, it is large enough to hold a dish rack and dishes and still leave a room to spare. Its tall sides keep water contained to make sure that your counter is always dry and clean. In addition, this dish drying mat is made of flexible silicone that will let you roll it or fold it up compactly for easy storage in small spaces such as kitchen, drawers, campers, RVs, and apartments. The silicone also makes the mat heat resistant, so you can use it (the mat) to protect tables and countertops from hot pans, dishes, and appliances.
- Prevents water from dripping down the counter
- Stays in place for convenient use
- Great for multiple pots and dishes
- Rinses easily and dries quickly
- Could be thicker
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Dish Drying Mat
The following factors will further make your work of getting the best quality dish drying mat easier.
Your dish drying mat should be made of high quality material. And a premium material is one that absorbs much water and dries quickly. Also, if possible, the material should be dishwasher-friendly for easy care.
Consider a well-stitched and thick dish drying mat. This is because the durability of a dish drying mat is not just determined by material quality but also by other things like stitching and thickness of the material used.
The size of your countertop determines the size of a dish drying mat you want to buy. That is to say, if you have a small counter, then your dish drying mat should not be overly large. This is because a large mat on a small countertop is likely to cause inconveniences by taking up too much space.
The versatility of a dish drying mat is determined by the material type, size, and quality. Having said that, mats made of silicone are probably the most versatile, given that silicone is heat-resistant. Because of that, you can also use the mats to place hot pans and dishes as well as to remove pots from the oven.
A dish drying mat is an important purchase that everyone should consider. That’s why we have come up with this article. Here, we have reviewed the best-performing dish drying mats only. They are convenient to use and easy to store, given that most (if not all) of them are foldable.