Top Best Dry Cat Food Brands in 2019
Investing in the best dry cat food brands is a good way to ensure your cat is on a good meal and diet. Compared to wet foods, dry cat foods is slower to perish, easy to store, and relatively cheaper. The best dry cat food contains low carbohydrate, species-appropriate animal protein, and is free of artificial flavors and preservatives that could pose harm to your cat. The market is, however, flooded with several dry cat food brands that finding the best one can be a challenge. Fortunately, we have compiled the following top 10 Best Dry Cat Food Brands reviews in 2019 that come at various prices to meet various needs and budgets. Take a look.
Check out Best Dry Cat Food Brands in Reviews
1. Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Dry Cat Food
The Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Dry Cat Food is all-natural cat food with no ground corn, wheat or soy to ensure it is the perfect option for your cat. It contains wholesome brown rice, real US farm-raised chicken, vitamins, minerals, and Taurine, making it a good choice for adult cats. This cat food is available in two flavors including salmon and brown rice or chicken and brown rice to choose from. It comes in three sizes of 3lbs, 6lbs, and 14lbs to suit people with various needs and budgets. Better yet, this cat food is easy to administer and is ideal for all cats including lactating, kittens, and pregnant cats.
- This cat food has great flavors with nice scents
- It contains no artificial flavors or preservatives
- The ingredient quality is excellent
- The price is affordable for almost everyone
- May promote weight gain in cats; if not, it works just well
2. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Cat Food
Specially formulated to cater for the energy requirements of cats, the Hill’s Science Diet Dry Cat Food is ideal for adult cats with an indoor lifestyle. It is made up of natural fibers to enhance healthy digestion and easy litter box clean-up. This cat food is formulated in the US with global ingredients you can trust so you can give your cats nothing but the best. It contains quality protein to help support your adult cat’s hunger between meals. What’s more, this cat food comes with Science DietNULL Ocean Fish Entrée to enable you to give your kitty the variety she craves.
- This cat food is available in four different sizes to choose from
- It contains balanced nutrients to promote strong teeth and balance
- The included ingredients have been examined to ensure safety
- This food supports cats everyday health and well-being
- May come with minor shipping defects, otherwise great food
3. Nutro Max Indoor Cat Dry Food
Get what your money is worth by purchasing the Nutro Max Indoor Cat Dry Food. It is formulated with select ingredients to help support health and overall wellness of your cat. This cat food is made with natural wholesome ingredients with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. As a result, it is rich in omega 3, omega 6, fatty acids, and zinc to support healthy skin and coat. There are real proteins and an excellent source of antioxidants in this cat food to support a healthy immune system to enhance your cat’s vision and heart function. Moreover, it is available in roasted chicken and salmon flavors for you to choose from.
- This cat food is great and controls weight gain in cats
- It comes in three sizes to pick from
- This product makes a great diet food for cats of all ages
- It gives cats lots of energy plus a shiny coat
- Do not buy if you don’t want your cat to lose weight
4. Merrick Before Grain Meat-11.1-Pound bag
Featuring meat as the number one ingredient, the Merrick Before Grain Meat-11.1-Pound bag has the essential proteins that your cat needs. It is available in two flavors of salmon and chicken for you to choose from. This cat food is made in the US with grain-free ingredients to ensure it is just right for cats’ consumption. And it is suitable both for kittens and adult cats to use. This food is made with no byproducts, meaning it is great for dogs with sensitive stomachs and allergies. Moreover, it contains nicely scented flavors that will attract your cats you can feed them easily without making an effort.
- This cat food makes kitties happy and healthy
- It is good food at a great price
- The cat food compares well to other premium cat foods
- It meets all the nutritional requirements for a cat
- This product is a bit expensive; however, you get what you pay for
5. Taste of The Wild Dry Cat Food
Give your little furry friend the flavors of smoked salmon and roasted venison with the Taste of The Wild Grain Free Dry Cat Food. It contains optimum amino acid profile and top-grade protein rich for strong muscles and lean. This cat food is made up of ingredients from sources you can trust around the world with no artificial flavors or preservatives added. It is highly digestible with propriety probiotics that survive and thrive in the GI tract. This cat food has undergone scientifically advanced food safety protocols to ensure your cat has the best. Additionally, it is available in two sizes for you to choose from according to your needs and budget.
- This cat food improves the immune system
- It makes cat poop smell significantly less
- The price is great for the quality you get
- It has less nutritional value compared to other grain-free food
6. IAMS Proactive Dry Cat Food
Featuring a tailored fiber blend with prebiotics and beet pulp, the IAMS Proactive Dry Cat Food aids in digestion and can help reduce hairballs. It is formulated with L-Carnitine to support a healthy metabolism and burn fat for ideal body condition. As a result, this cart food supports heart health with seven essentials. It comes in two sizes of 7lb and 22lb to suit people with different budgets and needs. This cat food is nourished with an optimal omega 6:3 ratio to ensure a soft and shiny coat. Better yet, it consists of high-quality proteins to help maintain strong muscles.
- This cat food is awesome with nice scent and flavors
- It is good at decreasing hairballs
- This food arrives in a prompt manner and perfect conditions
- It gives good value for money
- This cat food may not work well for some cats
7. Purina Cat Chow Dry Cat Food
Specially formulated for healthy digestion, the Purina Cat Chow Dry Cat Food is suitable for adult cats. It consists of easily digestible high-quality protein and natural fiber blend to help support healthy digestion. This product provides all 25 essential vitamins and minerals as well as natural prebiotic fiber to help support digestive health. It has no artificial colors or preservatives so it doesn’t compromise on nutrition. Each serving of this food contains 100% complete and balanced nutrition to ensure you can feel good about each mealtime knowing it has the best. And it comes in two different sizes; 6.3lbs and 13lbs for you to choose from based on budget.
- This cat food works well for sensitive stomachs
- It is much more reasonably priced
- This cat food works well and gives instant results
- This cat food may come with storage defects; however, this can be replaced
8. Orijen Dry Cat Food
Consider the Orijen Dry Cat Food for a premium cat and kitten food made with free-run chicken and turkey. It contains 40% protein and 19% carbohydrate to nourish cats according to their biological and evolutionary needs. This cat food comes with 40% meat inclusion 15% veggies and fruits to offer a variety of fresh and raw meats incomparable to conventional cat foods. As a result, it provides your cat with the diet it is evolved to eat. This cat food comes in three sizes for you to choose from based on your needs. Moreover, it is suitable for cats of all ages and types so you can buy with confidence.
- This cat food is composed of freshly sourced ingredients that your cat needs
- It is good for sensitive stomach
- Promotes clean healthy coat
- This cat food is completely grain free
- The price is a bit expensive compared to other products of the same size
9. Nulo Adult and Kitten Grain Free Dry Cat Food
The Nulo Adult and Kitten Dry Cat Food contains small morsels in the shape of discs with taste and texture that appeals to finicky palates. Hence, the act of chewing these morsels helps polish your cat’s teeth to prevent the build-up of plaque or tartar. This cat food consists of a grain-free recipe with no corn, soy or wheat to promote overall health and wellness. It has PATENTED BC30 PROBIOTIC to support healthy gut flora. This cat supports weight management through reduced carbohydrate intake to ensure your cat retains her young vitality. Also, it is equipped with 83% animal-based protein for more amino acids and better flavor.
- This product is available in chicken and turkey flavors
- It helps to improve digestion and immune system
- Promotes lean body mass and is suitable for sensitive skin
- This cat food gives your cat the energy to stay active and fit
- The morsels are very small that your cat can swallow it whole without chewing
10. Wellness Complete Health Natural Dry Cat Food
Designed to have the perfect balance of fat, protein, carbohydrate, and essential minerals, the Wellness Complete Health Natural Dry Cat Food supports overall health and vitality. Each ingredient is meticulously chosen to help support, develop, and maintain the 5 signs of wellness. This cat food contains natural and great quality protein with no artificial flavors to provide your cat with the great taste you need. Formulated with omega fatty acids from ground flaxseed and added vitamin E to support skin and coat health. Furthermore, with deboned chicken as the number one ingredient, this cat food is definitely good for healthy muscle tone.
- This cat food helps with bladder issues
- It improves immunity and overall wellness
- This food comes in three sizes to suit people with various needs
- Provides whole-body complete health
- This cat food may promote weight gain in some cats
Buyers Guide for the Best Dry Cat Food Brands
When it comes to buying the best dry cat food the following are some of the most important things you should consider.
Real Animal Protein
With several cat food brands advertising high-protein composition, you need to make sure that they are specific about the sources of proteins. Most cats are allergic to proteins sourced from grains; hence, you should go for grain-free cat foods. Thus, consider foods that contain real animal proteins sourced from fish, turkey, and chicken among others.
Vegetables and Fruits
Just like you need vegetables and fruits, your cat also needs fruits and vegetables for essential vitamins and minerals. So make sure the cat food you buy is formulated with fruits and vegetables to give your cat the vitamins and minerals she needs for strong teeth, bones, muscles as well as for overall health and wellness.
A complete meal should contain good fats to be nutritious. Therefore, good fats you need to check in cat food include Omega-3 fatty acids sometimes referred to as EPA, DHA, and ALA. These fats are healthy sources of energy that will make your cat active and fit, especially if they spend most of their time indoors.
Just like humans, cats need good nutrition to stay healthy and stay away from illness. And the right way to give your cat the best of both worlds is through the best dry cat food. These foods have been made with the right formulation to ensure your cat’s health and well-being is not compromised. Given that most manufacturers may dupe you with products filled with fillers, we have taken it upon ourselves to review and come up with the above top-grade products. Read through carefully to discover the best dry food for your cat.