The best dual monitor docking station for laptop will increase your productivity by allowing you to expand the capabilities of your laptop. Once you have bought it, all you need are two monitors and you are good to go. Normally, a top quality dual monitor docking station comes with lots of ports, including HDMI ports, USB 3.0 ports, USB 2.0 ports, Ethernet port, and more to provide you with a seamless connection from the laptop to the two monitors. It also boasts wide compatibility that allows it to work with Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and Mac OS 10.13.4/10.13.5/10.13.6, among others. If you are here to look for one, then the following reviews will be of great help.
View the Best Dual Monitor Docking Station for Laptop in Reviews
1. Plugable USB 3.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station for Windows
This dual monitor docking station is what you need for your Windows tablet, desktop or laptop. With it, you will be able to connect up to 2 monitors and 9 accessories through one USB cable. It comes equipped with the latest drivers and firmware, so it can work smoothly with Windows 10 and earlier. Moreover, this universal laptop docking station has an HDMI port as well as a DVI-I port featuring VGA adapter for extending or mirroring the Windows desktop to external monitors. The unit is designed for use with web and productivity software, but not for gaming. Furthermore, it is backed by a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty to let you purchase with peace of mind.
- The customer support provide prompt response
- Works right out of the box
- The software is easy to obtain and install from the manufacturer’s website
- Works seamlessly once configured correctly
- The HDMI port could be more reliable
2. Anker 6 USB Ports Universal Docking Station (AK-68ANDOCKS-BEA)
Introducing the Anker 6 USB Ports Universal Docking Station to your workplace will definitely be a great idea. It is designed to make coordination easier, thereby, giving you a chance to take full control of your workplace. What’s more, it supports both DVI and HDMI displays; hence, it will let you transform your desktop to three monitors. Apart from consolidating your monitors, the docking station will play an integral part in improving productivity at your office. It has a smart chip that prioritizes the bandwidth usage to help provide you with smooth and stable connections even when running your device at full capacity. Besides, it comes with lots of accessories, including a USB 3.0 cable, quick installation guide, driver CD, user manual, 19V 2A AC power adapter, and detachable base stand.
- Runs three screens perfectly
- Extremely easy to use
- The hole for a lock is very useful
- Needs up-to-date drivers for all parts of all devices it handles
3. TRENDnet USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station
With more than 700 customer reviews, it is evident that the TRENDnet USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station is one of the best on the market. It will connect all of your devices, thereby, allowing you to create a perfect workstation. It comes with a high-speed USB 3.0 cable, which comes in handy when you want to quickly dock your computer. Once you have acquired it, go ahead and add two 1080p high-definition displays to your workstation to get up to three devices. The docking station is compatible with Windows and Mac 10.9 – 10.13.3. Furthermore, it has an innovative design that saves space, thereby, making the docking station ideal for workstations where space invaluable.
- Works with both Mac and Windows 10 devices
- Fits perfectly between monitors
- Sets up effortlessly and flawlessly
- The power cord is generously long
- The price is relatively inexpensive
- Has a sleek design
- Durability leaves a lot to be desired
4. Targus ACP71USZ Universal Laptop Docking Station with Charging Power
One single cable connection is all you need to dock to multiple monitors and peripherals. We are talking about the Targus ACP71USZ model. It is built with advanced features that enable it to support up to two extra monitors with a resolution of up to 2048 x 1152. Furthermore, it comes with power adapters that work with most PCs. It also features one Gigabit Ethernet port to allow for secure and wire speed Internet. Other ports include two USB 3.0 and four USB 2.0 ports for plugging in peripherals, one HDMI port, and one DVI-I port. This unit also features a lock slot that is very helpful if your workstation is in a public place.
- Very well made and has a nice design
- Fits nicely within the monitor stand
- Accommodates any laptop for which there is a power tip
- Easy to set up
- The manufacturer’s customer service could be more helpful
5. StarTech Dual Monitor USB 3.0 Docking Station (USB3SDOCKDD)
StarTech knows that space is very essential for any workstation. That being said, they provide a stand for positioning the dock vertically on your workstation. Well, they also go an extra mile to make sure this USB 3.0 dual monitor docking station is one of the best. They have achieved that by equipping the docking station with two front-facing USB fast-charge ports to help you charge your devices much faster and more conveniently. StarTech has also included DVI to VGA and DVI to HDMI adapters to enable the unit to support the existing displays. Overall, this docking station features a GbE port and 5 USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1) ports. Having said that, expect it to transform your laptop into a dual-video workstation.
- The docking station has lots of USB 3.0 ports
- The customer service is awesome
- The price is great for the quality
- Software needs to be downloaded for it to function seamlessly
6. Plugable USB-C Triple Display Docking Station with Charging Support
Plugable is known for producing top quality dual monitor docking station. It is, therefore, no surprise that they are the manufacturer of this high-performance device. Although it is not Mac OS (10.13.4 – 10.13.6) compatible, the docking station works with lots of devices. Well, they include specific Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C Window systems like the Microsoft Surface Book 2, Lenovo Yoga 720, Dell XPS 9350/9560/9360/9550/9370/9380, and Surface Go, among others. This docking station also boasts two extra video outputs, which are one DVI/VGA and one HDMI. It serves its purpose well; hence, you will be hardly disappointed with it. But should you be, there are a full 1-year warranty and personal US-based email support to help you out.
- Seems to improve productivity
- Plugable’s tech support resolves issues really fast
- Has a plethora of ports
- Has a headphone and microphone jack
- Setup is quick and easy
- Could have a longer lifespan
7. Unitek USB 3.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station
This dual monitor docking station for laptop may not have as many reviews as the products we have reviewed before, but it is still one of the best. It is equipped with C-to-A and C-to-C cable, and it is compatible with HP zbook/Pavilion/EliteBook, Lenovo ThinkPad/Yoga, Dell Latitude/Inspiron, Acer Aspire, and Microsoft Surface/Pro with USB-C or USB-A port, among others. Moreover, this docking station supports Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. It, however, does not work with Mac OS. Its design is uniquely angled, so you can tuck it underneath your laptop to get an elevated surface as well as more desk space for efficient dissipation of heat. The docking station also features Gigabit Ethernet that offers a stable network connection up to 1000 Mbps.
- Sets up nicely and works well
- The sleek design is functional without looking cluttered
- The docking station is universal
- The manufacturer stands behind it
- Could be better with more USB ports
8. Kensington K33972US USB 3.0 Dual Display Docking Station
You need a highly functional dual monitor docking station like the Kensington K33972US model if you want to successfully make your PC super productive. It is compatible with Surface Pro, Windows, and MacBook’s (Mac OS version 10.14 and later) powers two displays, Ethernet, 6 USB-A peripherals, headphones/speakers, and microphone. As if that’s not enough, this docking station comes with a USB-A cable that provides connectivity from your laptop to docking station. The unit also comes equipped with external microphone & headphone jacks, which feature audio 2.0 to help enhance sound quality. Its 2-year warranty and lifetime technical support will give you peace of mind knowing that the company stands behind it.
- Looks nice on the workstation
- Drivers are very easy to install
- The price is reasonable
- Makes it easy to use a laptop while it is hooked up to dual HD monitors
- The USB-C cord is not long enough
9. WAVLINK USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station
WAVLINK is committed to bringing technology to life. That’s why we have included their USB 3.0 universal docking station in these reviews. The dual monitor docking station has four USB 2.0 ports that enable it to work with USB 2.0 devices like keyboard, printer, mouse, and more. It also features two USB 3.0 ports that allow for super transfer speed up to 5Gbps. Furthermore, this unit is compatible with Chrome OS R55 and Windows 10/8/7 & legacy XP systems. Its compact size means it will not take up a lot of space on your workstation. Ideally, this gadget comes with a 1-year limited warranty to protect it from defects in materials and workmanship.
- The price is very affordable
- The displays look amazing
- Compatible with Apple laptops
- Customer service is fantastic
- Perfect for someone working on a laptop from home
- The Ethernet and USB 3.0 ports are handy
- Its lifespan could be longer
10. Diamond Multimedia USB 3.0/2.0 Universal Docking Station (DS3900V2)
The selling point of this dual monitor docking station for laptop is the wide compatibility. It works with Android 5.0 and later, Chrome OS, Windows 10/8.1/8/7, Linux Ubuntu 17.10/17.04/16.04/14.04, Mac OS single Display 10.13.4/10.13.5/10.13.6, and Mac OS Dual Display 10.13.3/10.14. It is a product of Diamond Multimedia; a reputable company with more than 30 years of experience in computer technology. It features a smart design that allows it to stay on the desk either horizontally or vertically, so it can maximize your desktop space. It also features innumerable connections, including 3.5mm speaker lineout/mic input, RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet port, HDMI port, DVI port, one USB 3.0 b Female (upstream), two USB 3.0 ports, and four USB 2.0 ports.
- The price is unbeatable
- The USB ports work as advertised
- Comes with an adapter for monitor cord
- The docking station has plenty of ports
- Easy to set up
- The mounting on the stand needs work
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Dual Monitor Docking Station for Laptop
The following factors are as important as the above reviews. Therefore, be sure to read them as well.
You should choose a universal dual monitor docking station for laptops. This is because such units are compatible with several operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, among others. They will, therefore, make your work easier when it comes to connecting and using them with your laptop.
The Number of Ports
A dual monitor docking station with numerous ports is much more convenient to use than one with fewer ports. So, try the best you can to settle for a unit with as many ports as possible. While choosing based on ports, make sure the docking station you are set to buy has an Ethernet port as well as at least two USB 3.0 ports.
Ease of Installation
To avoid frustrations and contacting the manufacturer every now and then, be keen to buy a dual monitor docking station that is very easy to install. That being said, you should consider those models that always have their drivers on the manufacturer’s websites. Such drivers are easy to access, download, and install.
There are a lot of ways to increase productivity at your office. Well, if your job demands that you use a laptop frequently, then a dual monitor docking station for laptops is the best bet. Through it, you will be able to work on two additional monitors. In this article, we provide you with accurate and well-researched content to save you the hassle of clicking page after page in the name of looking for a premium and reliable docking station for your laptop.