Counting coins is usually a slow, tiring and somewhat annoying task that most of us hate. But, the most difficult part of the process is often sorting them out. And so with a good coin sorter, things will be much easier for you. Coin sorters come in different sizes, styles, and types. But if you prefer something that will require you to do very little work, an electric model is your best bet.
But, even if you decide to go with the more efficient electric types, you still need to choose a good model or at least something that suits your specific needs from the many options available in the market. However, this piece will make things a lot easy for you as we review 10 top-rated electric coin sorters to give you some high-quality recommendations.
List of the Best Electric Coin Sorter in Reviews
1. Royal Sovereign QS-1AC Coin Sorter
With a capability to sort up to 156 coins every minute, this is a fast enough machine that will be a great addition to any business. Also, the coin sorting machine has a decent capacity of 200 coins and it uses a more precise internal sorting mechanism and with a highly effective anti-jam technology. Also, you can easily convert your loose change to cash as the machine also has an effortless coin wrapping mechanism, and the overflows are also taken care of by the handy tray that is included.
- Fast coin sorting operation
- More precise internal sorting
- Highly useful anti-jam technology
- Effortless coin wrapping
- Convenient overflow tray included
- Still jams when you have dirty or foreign coins
2. Royal Sovereign 4-Row Electric Coin Counter
If you have a larger business or more coins to count, this 4-row coin counter by Royal Sovereign will be perfect for you. It is designed to make coin sorting a super fast process for you as it can sort and count an impressive 320 coins per minute and with a capacity to hold up to 800 coins. Also, this machine has an automatic row advancement to allow for hands-free operation and with the anti-jam technology, you can be confident of getting a quick and smooth operation. Also, with this easy-to-use machine, the LED display will provide the total amount counted and also the total amount of each denomination.
- Super fast coin sorting
- Higher sorting capacity than most others
- Auto row advancement for hands-free operation
- Quick and smooth operation
- Simple to use
- Displays both total dollar value and denomination amount
- Does not count $1 coins
- Takes up a little more room
3. Cassida C200 Coin Sorter and Counter
Another great quality coin sorting and counting machine that will be perfect for those that have to sort lots of coins every day. It is a fast machine that can count up to 300 coins per day and with a hopper capacity of 2,000 coins. Also, it has multiple operating modes which include counting and adding modes to help make this a more versatile machine. The machine provides simple coin rolling and wrapping, and it has some easy to use button controls and an easy to read display to make this a simple machine to operate.
- Large hopper capacity
- Multiple operating modes
- Counts all types of US coins including $1
- Faster counting speed
- Simple coin rolling/wrapping
- Easy to use button controls and display
- Can be quite loud
- Older and dirty coins can be hard to wrap
4. Mag-Nif Accu Wrapper
If you do not have a lot of coins to count and are just looking for a smaller capacity and affordable but still efficient coin sorter, this is what you need to buy. It can sort about 20 coins at a time but despite its small, compact and space-saving design, it still has a good enough sorting speed of 220 coins per minute. Also, like most other top performing coin sorters, it can also sort your coins into wrappers to make it easier to take them to the bank. And it also includes a highly useful over-flow tray.
- More affordable sorter
- Sorts the coins conveniently into wrappers
- Compact and a space-saver
- Good enough sorting speed
- Handy over-flow tray included
- Smaller capacity machine
5. Royal Sovereign 2-Row Electric Coin Counter
You can almost never go wrong with any Royal Sovereign coin counter as they are the industry leader when it comes to coin sorter and counters. This particular model is a 2-row machine that will be perfect for a medium size establishment, and it has a capacity of 400 coins and a decent counting speed of 312 coins per minute. Also, like most of their other coin sorters, the machine has an anti-jam technology to increase internal precision and uses some simple buttons for operation and with an LED display that will provide both denomination value and total coin amount value.
- Good counting speed and capacity
- Quick and effortless coin wrapping
- Anti-jam technology for more precision
- Convenient LED display included
- Simple button operation
- Still prone to jamming
- Not entirely accurate
6. Pyle Auto Coin Sort and Counter
A 2-in-1 machine like this automatic one by Pyle is designed to make life easier for you when it comes to dealing with coins as it will do both the counting and sorting. The machine has a hopper capacity of 500 coins and is designed to work with all the US coins and to be fast, accurate and highly reliable. This coin sorter has a speed of 216 coins per minute which is quite good and selectable modes which means you can choose to use either batch or free counting depending on your preferences. And it also has an LCD display that will provide the total value of the coins.
- Compatible with all US coins
- Accurate, fast and reliable counting
- Allows for both batch and free counting
- Handy LCD display
- Includes trays for collecting the coins
- Larger hopper capacity
- Does not have a coin wrapping mechanism
7. Royal Sovereign QS-1 1-Row Manual Coin Sorter
While the QS-1 by Royal Sovereign is not an electric coin sorter, it just hard to make our list as it is a fantastic machine. Besides being highly affordable, this is a compact, space-saving and lightweight machine designed to be highly portable so that you can use it from anywhere. Also, it is a straightforward and accurate money sorter that anyone can use. It will also be more eco-friendly as it does not use any batteries or electricity. And many users will love the fact that it also provides effortless coin wrapping.
- More eco-friendly machine
- Easier to use
- Compact, lightweight and highly portable
- Also wraps the coins effortlessly
- Highly affordable machine
- Smaller capacity and relatively slower sorting
- Does not count the coins
8. Brookstone Motorized Coin Sorter
Portability is always a key consideration for many people when shopping for a coin sorter, and so the fact that this model by Brookstone is battery-powered and comes in a compact and lightweight design means it will be a great buy as you can carry and use it from anywhere. Also, it is a highly useful machine that does both the sorting and counting, and will also wrap the coins for more user convenience. There is also a built-in overflow area that will be highly useful in preventing jamming.
- Will do both the sorting and counting
- Quick and easy coin wrapping
- Built-in overflow area to prevent jamming
- Easy-to-use button operation
- Battery-powered for more portability
- Does not come with the batteries
9. MAG Nif INC Rapid Coin Sorter
With this compact, space-saving and highly portable coin sorter, you can sort your coins from almost anywhere as it is super easy to carry around. It also uses batteries and this means that you will not need a power outlet. Besides sorting the coins super fast, it will also wrap them to make it easier for you to take your loose change to the bank and convert it to notes. This small coin sorter will also work with most US coins including the $1 ones, and it also includes a convenient overflow tray to hold the coins once the tubes fill up.
- Highly useful overflow tray included
- Sorts the coins conveniently into wrappers
- Compact and more portable
- Super fast coin sorting
- Works with most US coins
- Small capacity hopper
- Will not come with the batteries
10. Cassida C100 Electronic Coin Sorter and Counter
Cassida’s C100 is a fast and efficient coin sorter and counter that will sort up to an impressive 250 coins every minute and has a larger capacity as it can hold up to impressive 1,600 coins at the same time. This machine is also made with ease of use in mind as it has a multifunctional LED display and some large and easy to use buttons. Also, this coin sorter allows you to choose from several modes which include counting, adding and batching and individual denomination reports. And it also has larger trays for holding the different coin denominations.
- Multifunctional LED display
- Large and easy to use buttons
- Variety of operating modes
- Large trays for coins included
- Faster and with a larger capacity
- Does not come with coin wrappers
A good electric coin sorter can make a huge difference in your business as it makes it easier to count money and ensure you get more accurate figures. Finding one should no longer be a long and overwhelming process as you can be sure there is at least one that will work well for you from our in-depth top 10 reviews above.