Spending time with your family is one of the greatest things you can do in this world. Well, there are numerous ways to do this; you can attend beach events or go for camping, picnic or hiking. And to make the moment unforgettable, you need a family camping tent. They come in different shapes, types, and sizes to make sure you have one that best suits your needs.
Ideally, a family camping tent will help bring in the much-needed convenience and comfort when you are out for an outdoor activity. Getting a premium quality one is, however, difficult, and that’s why we bring you the following top 10 Best Family Camping Tents in 2017 reviews as well as a buyer’s guide. Continue reading to get the best one.
List the Best Family Camping Tents
#10. Azurec 1-2-3 Person 4 Season Tent
Imagine a tent that can be set up by one person yet it is roomy enough to accommodate the whole family. Sweet, right? Well, that’s what the Azurec 1-2-3 Person 4 Season Tent is all about. It is built with convenience in mind and perfect for hiking, camping, climbing, as well as fishing.
- Convenient design: The tent is lightweight and portable for ultimate convenience.
- Handy outer layer: When closed, it can be used as storage room for backpack and shoes.
- Simple structure: Makes the tent easy to set up and take down.
- Versatile functionality: The tent can be used for climbing, hiking, self-driving tour, and camping.
#9. Slumberjack Sightline 1 Person Tent
Slumberjack came into existence because of one aim; to offer innovative solutions when you are out for camping, hiking, or to do other outdoor activities. They produce top quality camping tents like the Sightline 1 Person Tent. Well, the tent is spacious, lightweight, and durable for 100-percent satisfaction.
- Rife storage sleeves: They keep your weapons protected and within easy reach.
- Weather-protected “Field of View” awning: It is large and will allow you to glass game trails without necessarily leaving your tent.
- Spacious interior: It has ample room for stretching out and storing gear.
#8. Impact Canopy 10×10 EZ Pop Up Tent
If you decide to buy an instant canopy kit, then you should go for a complete kit. And one of these complete kits is the Impact Canopy 10×10 EZ Pop Up Tent. It is specially designed for beach events, social gatherings, parties, weddings, and outdoor markets, among others.
- Velcro loops: They make installation a breeze.
- 4 canopy sidewalls and weight bags: They allow for added protection from the sun.
- Versatile capability: Tent can be used for beach events, social gatherings, parties, weddings, and outdoor markets etc.
#7. Chinook Cyclone 3-Person Pole Tent
Are you a serious backcountry adventurer? Then look no further than the Chinook Cyclone 3-Person Pole Tent. It offers unrivaled comfort and livable space that will make you fall in love with it instantly. Ideally, it is roomy enough to accommodate up to 3 people.
- Vestibules: They provide extra shelter from the sun and rain.
- Twin doors: They offer great air ventilation and make access easy.
- Polyurethane waterproof coating: Makes sure the tent stays dry even during rainstorms.
- Lifetime warranty: Protects against manufacturer’s defects and workmanship.
- Large loft gear: It offers added storage space.
#6. Miltec Flecktarn Recon Tent
The Miltec Flecktarn Recon Tent is designed for those who like camping in extreme conditions. It comes equipped with everything you need to survive the scare of cold, rain, and even heat. Moreover, it is compact enough and only accommodates one person.
- Double skinned design: It offers extra protection against cold, heat, and rain.
- Sturdy and storm-proof material: Makes the tent suitable for more extreme conditions.
- Compact size: Makes the tent highly portable.
- Camouflage pattern: Enables the tent to blend perfectly with the outdoor environment.
- Roomy interior: The tent comfortably accommodates one person.
#5. MSR E-Wing Shelter Tent
MSR is part of a company called Cascade Designs, which was started by former Boeing engineers and friends John Burroughs, Jim Lea, and Neil Anderson. It is known for its ability to produce top quality products, especially family camping tents. Well, one of these products is the MSR E-Wing Shelter Tent.
- Lifetime Warranty: It protects against workmanship and defects.
- Classic synthetic canopy: It has impenetrable DuraShield waterproof coating for enhanced performance.
- Adjustable height: Helps promote convenience and comfort.
- Roomy interior: It enables the tent to be used by one person or as an emergency shelter by two people.
#4. High Peak USA Alpinizimo Blue Swiftline Tent
One great thing about the High Peak USA Alpinizimo Blue Swiftline Tent is that it can be fully enclosed to protect you from elements. It comes equipped with numerous features that help enhance its performance and functionality.
- Two built-in side vents: They improve ventilation.
- Zippered door: It makes access quick and easy.
- Lightweight design: The tent weighs only 2lbs 14oz for ultimate convenience.
- Seam-sealed Rip stop nylon construction: It is durable; thus, ensures years of use.
- Two aluminum poles: They provide support to the structure.
- Blue color: It makes the tent look great and unique.
#3. Catoma Ultralight Solo Tent
If you are looking for a family camping tent that really values comfort, then the Catoma Ultralight Solo Tent is the unit to go for. It has everything to make sure you are not just comfortable but also satisfied. Ideally, it is easy to set up and break down to ensure ultimate convenience.
- Lightweight design: Makes it easy to handle the tent during transportation.
- Double-wall shelter: Enables the tent to provide protection from the sun, cold, and heat.
- Single structure pole and single foot pole: Makes the tent simple and easy to set up.
#2. ALPS Mountaineering Taurus 5 Outfitter Tent
The ALPS Mountaineering Taurus 5 Outfitter Tent is an innovative family camping tent with a base size that measures 8-by-10 foot and a center height measuring 6 feet tall. It is without a doubt one of the best family camping tents you will ever come across today.
- Mesh roof vents: They increase ventilation as well as improving star gazing.
- Oxford floor: It is around twice the weight of normal nylon floor material.
- Vestibules: They act as automatic guy-out points when the weather becomes a bit unfriendly.
- Two doors: They make getting out and coming in much easier.
#1. Eureka TCOP Down Range Solo Tent
This paramilitary tactical style tent is designed for 1 person. Ideally, its design is inspired by combat tents that are made by Eureka for US military. If you are planning to camp where the weather is a bit nasty, the Eureka TCOP Dow Range Solo Tent is the unit to turn to.
- Fly Pole: It adds stability and strength.
- External Vectored guy points: They are on the fly, and they help secure your tent in high winds.
- All Clip Freestanding design: It has an adjustable stake and transitioning points that make set up fast and easy.
Buyer’s Guide for Family Camping Tent
Different tents have different qualities; hence, it is advisable to go for the best one. Well, here’s what to look for before you buy.
- Size: Remember, you are looking for a family sized tent; thus, the size will really be instrumental in getting a desirable product. Choose a tent that is capable of accommodating your family. For example, go for a 3-person tent if you are 3 or a 7-person tent if you are 7.
- Durability: The best way to check for durability is by looking at the quality and texture of the material used to make the tent. For instance, tents made of seam-sealed rip stop nylon tend to be durable and capable of offering long-term service.
- Venting: At the end of the day, everyone wants to be comfortable and feel the much-needed fresh, natural air. As such, it is advisable to go for a family tent that has windows, doors, and meshes for optimum ventilation.
Choosing the Right Type of Family Camping Tent
There are numerous types of family camping tents. And the first one is the A-frame tent, which has 2 triangular-shaped poles at the end and a canvas spread over it. Second is the hoop family tent, which is bowed and not triangular in shape. There is also the wedge-style tent that’s made of 2 bowed poles crossing each other at the top in order to create 4 attachments points to the ground. Lastly, there is the dome tent, which is almost similar to the hoop tent except, it has more poles for unmatched stability.
There are numerous types of family tents and each of them has different features and performance. As such, it is recommended that you take your time before you decide which one is best for you. In the above compilation, we have not just listed the best family camping tents on the market but also provided a comprehensive buyer’s guide.
We have also talked about different types of family camping tents to help you have a wide range of options. Going through the compilation is, therefore, highly recommended because you will be able to effortlessly choose the best tent for camping, hiking or for beach events.