The best fingertip pulse oximeter is not just designed for mountain bikers, skiers or hikers but also it is made for anyone interested in having accurate information about the oxygen levels in their blood. Also, fingertip pulse oximeters will keep you updated about your heart rate and pulse rate. They are compact and lightweight; hence, you can always carry them with you whenever you are on the go. With them, you will have peace of mind knowing that even the slightest changes in your heart rate, pulse rate or oxygen levels in the blood will be taken into account. Well, the best place to get one is right here.
Lists of the Best Fingertip Pulse Oximeter in Reviews
1. Santamedical Deluxe SM-110 Two Way Finger Pulse Oximeter
With a rating of 4.6/5 after more than 5,583 reviews, the Santamedical Fingertip Pulse Oximeter cannot be overlooked. It was newly upgraded in 2015, meaning it has major improvements under its belt. The improvements no doubt make it a better version than the previous pulse oximeter model. The unit is equipped with a two-way display to let you read in two different directions. Plus it is reliable and precise; thanks to its ability to quickly determine your blood oxygen saturation levels (SpO2). What’s more, this device is backed by a 2-year warranty that protects it against original defects. It accommodates a wide range of finger sizes, and this makes it perfect for all ages.
- The small size is convenient
- The price is right
- The accuracy and ease of use are exceptional
- Makes it easy to monitor oxygen levels and pulse rate
- Comes with a carry case and neck/wrist cord
- The lifespan could be longer
2. Zacurate Fingertip Pulse Oximeter – Pro Series 500DL
Accuracy and reliability are two key traits your fingertip pulse oximeter should not miss. Well, the Pro Series 500DL has both of them, and that’s why it is on these reviews. It accurately determines blood oxygen saturation levels, pulse strength, and pulse rate in just 10 seconds. Ideally, it has a large digital LED display where it shows its findings. Since the LED display is large, expect to have an easy time reading the results. This LED pulse oximeter is probably the only unit that can read and display up to 100-percent for SpO2 value. It accommodates many different finger sizes and makes a great purchase for sports enthusiasts.
- Batteries appear to last longer
- Comes in a nice and heavily padded box
- The customer service is great
- Accurate enough to be relied on for different purposes
- Very handy and easy to use
- Not the fastest, but still quick enough
3. Concord Fingertip Pulse Oximeter with Reversible Display
Easy to use, accurate and quick, this fingertip pulse oximeter with reversible display deserves to be here. It is packed with numerous features that make it super easy to use. Plus it comes with a 2-year warranty to give you peace of mind during purchase knowing that you are getting a real product for your money. The manufacturer of this oximeter also offers great after-sale services through their technical support and customer service. The oximeter comes with everything you need, so you can use it immediately you receive it. Some of these things include batteries, neck/wrist lanyard, carrying case, and shock-resistant protective cover. Moreover, this unit has a low battery indicator to alert you before its batteries stop working.
- The display is easy to read
- Inexpensive yet works great
- Measures oxygen saturation quickly and accurately
- Arrives in perfect condition and on time
- Not the most reliable, but great for the price
4. Innovo Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, Deluxe
We are glad that this fingertip pulse oximeter from Innovo comes with plethysmograph and perfusion index to let you know if you are taking your SpO2 and Pulse Rate properly. They eliminate the need to second guess. We are also impressed by the new software features, which include an auditory alarm to alert you when your Pulse Rate and SpO2 are past the recommended limits; auditory beeps to notify you when each pulse is detected, and adjustable brightness for convenience. What’s more, this oximeter comes with 2 AAA batteries as well as a lanyard to keep it within easy reach. It is the best for a mountain climber, aviator, biker, skier or anyone interested in measuring their pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation levels while on the go.
- Accurate and gives quick readings
- Shuts off quickly when not in use, to increase battery life
- Lightweight and small for optimum portability
- The display is clear and bright
- Durability is suspect
5. MIBEST Silver Dual Color OLED Finger Pulse Oximeter
This device is designed for sports and aviation use. For this reason, it is great for mountain bikers, aviators, trainers, and general sports enthusiasts. It comes with a 12-month warranty that protects it against defects as well as improving your confidence in buying it. In addition, this finger pulse oximeter can be used by people of all ages in the sense that it can work as a pediatric pulse oximeter to check the health of children and kids or work as a blood oxygen monitor to keep the health of adults in check. It is ready to use out of the box because it comes with 2 AAA alkaline batteries, an instruction manual, and a detachable neck lanyard with adjustable length.
- Reliable and accurate for exceptional results
- The build quality is on par compared to other brands
- Arrives in a few days after an order is placed
- Results can be read in multiple angles
- Not as fast as other models with similar features
6. Zacurate 500BL Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
Sports enthusiasts, hikers, bikers, aviators, mountain climbers, trainers, and more should definitely consider this device because it is designed for them. It ensures that you are always well informed about your pulse rate and SpO2. Ideally, it is very easy to use, as all you need to do is to clip it on to your finger and then turn it on at the press of a button. Its LED display is large enough to make the results super easy to view. Furthermore, this fingertip pulse oximeter is small and comes with a lanyard, so you can have an easy time carrying it around. It comes with 2 AAA batteries, meaning you will be able to use it right out of the box.
- Numbers are easy to read
- Fits in the pocket easily
- Works great at tracking oxygen levels and heart rate
- The price is a bargain
- Tends to give inconsistent readings, but this can be solved by leaving it on the finger for a while
7. Santamedical Generation 2 SM-165 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
What really impresses us about this fingertip pulse oximeter is the rotatable multidirectional display that will let you view results in any direction. The OLED display of this device is clear to give you an easy time getting the readings. Another well-thought feature is the auto power-off function that turns off the oximeter after 10 seconds when it is not in use. The oximeter is newly upgraded; thus, it works quickly and accurately. With that being said, you can rely on it to determine your SpO2 levels. It is portable, given that it is compact and even comes with a case for carrying it. Also, it comes with a neck/wrist cord to further improve its portability.
- The display is amazing
- Gives users peace of mind
- Simple to use and works as advertised
- Comes well packed and with plenty of instructions
- The pulse rate is accurate
- The price is higher than most models
8. Vive Precision Pulse Oximeter Fingertip
Vive Precision has equipped this fingertip pulse oximeter with a convenient one-touch operation to allow you to check the levels of SpO2 accurately and quickly. They have also equipped it with a self-adjusting spring system, so it can perfectly fit a wide range of finger sizes. That being said, this unit is suitable for all ages. It comes with an industry-leading 2-year guarantee to give you confidence that no matter what happens, your money will not go to waste. Best of all, the manufacturer promises excellent customer service to make sure you have the best experience with this fingertip pulse oximeter. The fingertip pulse oximeter is lightweight and slips effortlessly into a backpack, purse or pocket for easy carrying.
- The construction is solid
- Numbers can be displayed in a variety of directions for easy reading
- The display is bright and clear
- Very comfortable on the fingertip
- Oxygen level registers 2% – 5% less compared to the real number
9. Concord BlackOX Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
A simple press of this unit’s button will provide you with everything you need to know about oxygen levels, pulse strength, and pulse rate. It is very easy to use, so you can focus more on results and less on how to operate it. The oximeter is recommended for persons aged 7 years and up. Besides, it comes with a low battery indicator that will alert you when battery power is running low. It is powered by 2 AAA batteries that work for more than 30 hours when used continuously. The batteries last longer because of the auto-power-off function, which powers off the unit after 8 seconds of inactivity. Concord includes a 2-year warranty for every purchase of this device.
- Appears to give pretty accurate readings
- Reasonably priced and easy to use
- Arrives quick enough and comes with batteries
- Turns itself off automatically
- The neck strap and the little case are bonuses
- The reading tends to be 1% – 2% higher than the ones at the hospital
10. Santamedical SM-150 Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
This fingertip pulse oximeter comes with everything you need. Its package includes a user manual, no-hassle 1-year warranty, neck/wrist cord, 2 AAA batteries, and friendly customer service. The fingertip pulse oximeter is light and compact, so you can carry it with you everywhere you go. What’s more, it accommodates a wide range of finger sizes for convenient use. Plus it is equipped with an auto power-off function that makes it go off automatically after 10 seconds of inactivity. By so doing, the automatic power-off function helps increase the battery life. Please note that this unit is designed for aviation and sports use only and not suitable for medical use. Ideally, its LED display is bright and will show you real-time Pulse Rate, SpO2 levels, and Pulse Rate Bar.
- Inexpensive yet effective and handy
- It helps relieve anxiety
- Small and compact for maximum portability
- Easy to use and very accurate
- The display is somewhat upside down; hence, quite hard to read
Buyer’s Guide for the Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
The following factors will add to what you already know about fingertip pulse oximeters.
When choosing a fingertip pulse oximeter, try as much as possible to choose a unit, which is very accurate in the sense that it gets almost, if not, the same reading as oximeters in hospitals.
Your fingertip pulse oximeter should be able to give results every time it is used. Having said that, do not settle for those units that sometimes display dashes instead of figures.
Well-made fingertip pulse oximeters give readings in 10 seconds or less. And they are the ones you should go for.
The display of your fingertip pulse oximeter should be large, clear, and bright to make sure you have an easy time reading the results. Ideally, if possible, you should consider multidirectional displays since you can read the figures they display easily regardless of the angle you are at.
A fingertip pulse oximeter with long-lasting battery life is worth spending money on. As such, be sure to settle for a unit with auto power-off function that helps increase battery life by automatically switching off the device after a period of inactivity.
Modern lifestyles have made the health of many to be at great risk. We mean look at the food we eat as well as our daily schedules, which are so fixed that they deny us the time to work out or relax. Well, this is worrying, and that’s why you need a fingertip pulse oximeter. With it, you will know your heart rate, pulse rate, and oxygen levels.