A fixie or fixed gear bike is a type of bicycle with only one gear and no freewheel. In other words, the pedals of a fixed gear bike always turn when the back wheel is in motion. Today’s fixed gear bikes are advanced with a good number of them featuring a flip-flop hub. Well, the flip-flop hub allows the rider to have a freewheel on one side and a fixed gear on the other. And this helps you swap between the two if you want to stop pedaling while you roll along, meaning you will still be able to enjoy the experience of riding a single speed bike.
Fixie bikes have been around as long as you can remember, and different people have had different experiences with them. That is to say, some people love them while others cannot just put up with them. Fortunately, fixed gear bikes are now advanced and are becoming popular pretty fast. In fact, more than a few people now want to try them out, especially when you consider their stylish designs. These bikes are ideal for riding around town and even for commuting to work. Since we want you to get the best one hassle-free, we unveil the following top 10 best fixed gear bikes in 2017 reviews.
Table of Contents
- 10. Pure Cycle Original Fixed Gear Fixie Bike
- 9. Vilano Fixed Gear Fixie Road Bike
- 8. Critical Cycles Fixed Gear Fixie Urban Road Bike
- 7. Vilano Edge Fixed Gear Bike
- 6. 6KU Fixed Gear Urban Track Bike
- 5. Critical Cycles Fixed Gear Urban Commuter Bike
- 4. Vilano Fixed Gear Fixie Road Bike
- 3. Critical Cycles Fixed-Gear Bike with Pista Drop Bars
- 2. Critical Cycles Fixed-Gear Track Bike
- 1. Critical Cycles Harper Coaster Fixie Commuter Bike
10. Pure Cycle Original Fixed Gear Fixie Bike
Simplicity and elegance meet in the Pure Cycle Original Fixed Gear Fixie Bike. It is affordable and displays style and speed to help ensure optimum satisfaction. If you are getting back into biking after being away for quite some time, the Pure Cycle Original Fixed Gear Fixie Bike is for you. It is also perfect for those who want to know how it feels to ride a fixed gear bike.
- Manufacturer’s Warranties: There is 1-year manufacturer’s warranty on components and a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty that protects the frames.
- Flip-flop rear wheel hub: It allows you to change from single speed to fixed gear with ease.
- Convenient front brake: It is easy to remove for ultimate convenience.
9. Vilano Fixed Gear Fixie Road Bike
If you are this kind of person who does not like permanent logos or graphics on a bicycle, the Vilano Fixed Gear Fixie Road Bike is for you. It boasts a solid color that helps bring out its uniqueness and, of course, style. It is also ideal for traveling holidays and going for adventures.
- Fixed Gear Tig welded frame: It is durable and helps promote longevity.
- 700c Double Walled Wheels: They have CNC machined sides for exceptional performance.
- Urban Saddle: It is comfortable and has ergonomic benefits.
- Flip-flop rear hub: It ensures effortless conversion from single speed to fixed gear.
8. Critical Cycles Fixed Gear Fixie Urban Road Bike
Who said you should be short of confidence if you have a bike that has only one gear? The Critical Cycles Fixed Gear Fixie Urban Road Bike is designed with utmost simplicity, and as a result, only has one gear. Nevertheless, it is top performing and will undoubtedly surpass your expectations.
- Super Deep-V Double Wall Rims: It has flip-flop hub & a freewheel and fixed-gear cogs to help promote performance.
- Steel frame and fork: They enable the bike to stand up to rough roads.
- Matte black color: Brings out the bike’s modern appearance and stylish looks.
- Wanda Tires: They are powerful and durable enough to turn any rough, uncomfortable terrain into a smooth pathway.
7. Vilano Edge Fixed Gear Bike
If you think that quality fixed gear bikes are expensive, you need to try the Vilano Edge Fixed Gear Bike. It is loaded with features despite its affordability. It is also stylish enough to use anywhere, anytime. The Vilano Edge Fixed Gear Bike will help take your biking experience to the next level.
- Comfortable saddle: It is ergonomically designed, so it can offer the much-needed comfort.
- 45mm Deep-V Anodized wheels: They match anodized hubs to help promote functionality.
- TIG-welded high tensile steel frame and fork: They are sturdy for lifetime performance.
- Flip-flop hub: It makes it easy to convert the bike from fixed gear to single speed and vice versa.
6. 6KU Fixed Gear Urban Track Bike
Finally, a high performing yet affordable fixed gear bike is with us. The 6KU Fixed Gear Urban Track Bike is specially designed for you and jam-packed with convenient features. 6KU is a leading manufacturer whose mission is to produce top quality bikes with everything. Well, that can be seen on their fixed gear urban track bike.
- 6061 double butted alloy smooth welding: Enhances the appearance of the bike.
- Flip-flop hub: Allows you to change from single speed to fixed gear within a cinch.
- Front/rear brakes: They are easy to remove, and this promotes convenience.
- Lightweight design: The lightweight aluminum makes the bike easy to carry and transport.
- Lifetime Warranty: It covers anything defective.
5. Critical Cycles Fixed Gear Urban Commuter Bike
What’s great about the Critical Cycles Fixed Gear Urban Commuter Bike is that it comes with all the tools you need to help you build and maintain it. In addition, the bicycle is unbelievably affordable and will give you a chance to take your biking experience to the next level.
- Flip-flop hub: Allows you to ride with fixed or with a freewheel.
- Hand-built steel track frame: It is sturdy and delivers the much-needed performance.
- Wanda city tires: They quickly turn rough terrains into smooth ones for comfortable riding.
- Front & Rear Brakes: They make sure you are safe, especially when you are at a high speed.
4. Vilano Fixed Gear Fixie Road Bike
If you are looking for the best fixed gear bike on the flooded market, stay put because the solution lies right in front of you. The Vilano Fixed Gear Road Bike is not just highly functional but also it is affordable. It is ideal for traveling holidays, adventures, and exercises. Well, all these undoubtedly make it one of the best fixed gear bikes on the market.
- Forged Alloy Crank Set: It comes with a 46T replaceable chain ring for optimum performance.
- Flip-flop hub: It gives you the freedom to change from fixed gear to single speed.
- Urban geometry 700c tag-welded Frame and Fork: They are sturdy, thereby, promoting superior durability.
3. Critical Cycles Fixed-Gear Bike with Pista Drop Bars
The Critical Cycles Fixed-Gear Bike is designed with a passion for cycling. As such, expect it to give you all the power. Ideally, its beauty lies in its versatility, meaning you will be able to use it in any setup. Whether you are commuting to work, going to school, or out for an adventure, the Critical Cycles Fixed-Gear Bike is the go-to product.
- Comfortable saddle: Allows you to ride the fixie for an extended period.
- Chrome Well-go Pedals: They have leather strap and chrome toe cage, so they can deliver exceptional performance.
- Flip-Flop Hub: It has a fixed-gear cog and a single-speed freewheel.
2. Critical Cycles Fixed-Gear Track Bike
Make your dream come true with the Critical Cycles Fixed-Gear Track Bike. You have been looking for a top class fixed gear bike, and this is an excellent opportunity. The Critical Cycles Fixed-Gear Track Bike is not just affordable but also features everything you have been looking. You will find it useful in running your day to day activities.
- Subtle forward drop on handlebars: It allows you to ride in many different positions.
- Hand-built tag-welded steel frame: It is durable yet lightweight to help ensure convenience.
- Flip-flop hub: It allows you to quickly and easily convert into a fixed-gear or single-speed with a freewheel.
- Sealed bottom bracket: It helps extend the life of the bike by keeping moisture and dirt at bay.
1. Critical Cycles Harper Coaster Fixie Commuter Bike
Critical Cycles has done it again! This time it brings you the Harper Coaster Fixie Commuter Bike. Thoughtfully designed, the bike combines a sleek style with exceptional ease of use to deliver outstanding results and functionality. It also promotes convenience, considering that it comes with all the tools you need for building as well as maintaining it.
- Wanda city tires: They are extra wide, and this ensures dependable city street riding.
- KMC chain and Deep-V rims: They promote smooth riding experience.
- Freestyle pedals: They pave way for deliberate navigating and uninterrupted riding.
- Riser handlebars: They allow you to sit in an upright position, which is better for your back.
Fixie bikes are rapidly becoming popular, and everyone in town wants to try them out. They are the perfect bike for exercise, commuting, and going for an adventure. Moreover, a good number of them are hand-built with lightweight materials to help make them easy to handle. They are also affordable despite their unmatched performance. In the above compilation, we introduce you to the best fixed gear bikes that are currently trending on the market. Therefore, make sure you choose one for great biking experience.