The best fog lights for snow are useful when you are driving in an environment with poor visibility, perhaps as a result of rain, snow or dust. They pass light through the fog in order to improve visibility. Considering their role, fog lights for snow help make driving safe. Also, they have great colors that help improve the aesthetics of the vehicle they are installed on. They are bright; hence, every driver should consider having them on their vehicles. With that said, check out the brands that are currently leading in the market for easy purchase.
Lists of the Best Fog Lights for Snow in Reviews
1. OPT7 CREE H11 LED 5000K Fog Light Bulbs (Pack of 2)
These fog light bulbs will really be handy when you are driving in a snowy environment. They have an impressive lifetime of 60,000 hours, which they combine with their watertight aluminum casing to last much longer than anticipated. In fact, the manufacturer believes that they can last longer than your car. The light bulbs are powered by advanced bright LED circuitry technology that enables them to consume low power but still generate a high output. They are Plug-and-Play, and, therefore, you will not need any wiring to make them work. In addition, these fog lights for snow have a waterproof rating of IP65 plus they are dirt resistant, so they can power through any weather.
- They fit many different vehicles perfectly
- The housing has a hefty, professional feel
- The brightness is fine and the color is as described
- The quality of the workmanship is okay
- Light is not focused
2. Calais 2000 lumens 881 LED Fog lights (Set of 2)
Calais is a professional company that offers car light solution. Their lights, including these ones, are certified by CE and RoHS, so you can use them with peace of mind knowing that they are quality and safe to use. The lights have a housing made of aviation aluminum to make them as lightweight as possible without compromising their sturdiness. They have a total of 2000 lumens (1000 lumens per bulb) and boasts a voltage of DC 10V – 30V. Their LED color is golden yellow, which we believe is bright enough to provide great results. These lights are plug-and-play; thus, are easy to install. Moreover, they have a lifespan of 50,000 hours, which is long enough.
- Very bright and give a nice look
- Lights do not get warm even after hours of driving
- The price is competitive
- They arrive safely packaged
- The output could be better
3. SiriusLED H8 Size DRL 30W 6000K Fog Light (Pack of 2)
The 1-year warranty means the manufacturer of these fog lights for snow is honest enough to stand with their product in the event that things do not go as expected. In other words, these are one of the safest sets of fog lights to spend your money on. They are not a fuss to install, given that they are plug-and-play. Moreover, the fog lights are made of top quality aluminum, which is known for amazing durability. The top quality aluminum housing is also weather-resistant. As such, you should expect the fog lights to last long enough. Each of the two bulbs features 6 individual 5W LED chips with projection technology, which increases light distance and intensity.
- They look great and work as expected
- Their great look compliments the look of the vehicle
- The lights feel solid
- They fit most vehicles perfectly
- Lights are too bright
4. JDM ASTAR 144-EX Chipsets H11 LED Fog Light Bulbs
Of all the products we have reviewed so far in this article, this set is the cheapest. We, therefore, believe that you will really like it, especially if you are on a budget and looking for something quality. Another thing we like about these fog light bulbs is the 1-year warranty that protects against defects and poor workmanship. The color these lights produce is 6000K Xenon white, which is pretty impressive. The two bulbs produce approximately 1200 lumens each; hence, they do not seem to disappoint as far as brightness is concerned. Please note that these fog lights for snow are for use as fog lights or DRL only.
- Lights are super bright and install easily
- Lights fit perfectly and seem to match the day time LED nicely
- The packaging is good and the delivery is on time
- They improve the look of the vehicle
- Not as bright as advertised
5. Eyourlife 2PCS 18W 1620LM CREE Flood Led Work Light
Another affordably priced yet highly functional set is this one from Eyourlife. It has two lights that work with several vehicles including Jeep, Toyota Tacoma, Truck, Chevy Silverado, hummer, and more. You can also install the lights on your motorcycle, van camper, projector, boat etc. Their waterproof rating is IP67, making them great to repel dust, rust, and, of course, water. In addition, these LED work lights are equipped with top-grade PMMA tempered glass and die-cast aluminum alloy housing for heavy-duty construction. They also boast a multifunctional design, which makes them ideal for use as a fog light, indicator light, tail light or signal light. They are better quality and come with a 12-month warranty.
- Lights are bright and work as expected
- The quality is pretty good
- Affordable and look very nice
- Arrive on time and well packaged
- Some customers have received mounting brackets that are not shown in the description pictures
6. Cougar Motor 9005 HB3 LED Fog Light/DRL Bulbs (Pack of two bulbs)
The optical projector lens and the premium CREE LED chips make these fog lights for snow among the best on the market. Furthermore, the lights are equipped with the latest ASIC technology, which effectively extends their lifespan to more than 60,000 hours. Another feature that improves the lifespan of these lights is the 6063 aviation aluminum housing, which acts as radiant heat sinks, thereby, ensuring a secure temperature range. Also, there is new LED technology that minimizes power consumption from 70-percent to 30-percent. Cougar Motor offers a 1-year hassle-free warranty as well as lifetime support to make sure you have the best experience with the lights.
- The seller backs and stands with their products
- The lights shine through fog
- They offer matching looks for the headlights
- Although the lights are white, they are not as bright as advertised
7. SYLVANIA 9145 SilverStar zXe Fog Light Bulb (Contains 2 Blubs)
SYLVANIA has stylishly designed these fog light bulbs without compromising their performance. They have designed them to look beautiful and at the same time offer crisp, white light. They have also made the lights with cobalt blue coating, which offers optimal light transmission and color. Besides, they have made sure that the lights are DOT compliant and 100-percent street legal. The lights are equipped with Proprietary Xenon halogen gas, which immensely improves their performance. They come in a set of two and are no doubt the best fit for anyone looking for a stylized and high performance unit. Ideally, they are a product of a company that has been in the business for more than a century; thus, knows exactly what impresses consumers.
- Lights are very easy to install
- They work light and look much better than most units
- The light output is noticeably great
- Lights fit many different vehicles perfectly
- The price is higher than most fog lights with similar features
8. Marsauto H8 H11 Led Fog Light Bulb (pack of 2)
What makes these fog lights for snow get a nod to this highly-competitive list is the design. They have a very thin light tube that is only 3.5mm to enable them to produce perfect 360-degree lighting. The thin light tube eliminates dark spots or shadowed areas to ensure peerless results in conditions of poor visibility as a result of snow, fog, rain or dust. Additionally, the fog lights last for over 10,000 hours, which is just fine. They provide bright light without blinding the oncoming traffic. What’s more, each of them features 6 pieces of chips for high output performance. The lights are super easy to install because they are plug-and-play.
- Bulbs seem to be of high quality
- They arrive well packaged
- Super easy to install
- They turn on and off quickly
- The lights match the headlights of most vehicles perfectly
- Not suitable for those looking for very bright lights
9. Alla Lighting 3200 Lumens H11 LED Fog Lights (Set of 2)
Similar to top quality fog lights for snow, the Alla Lighting 3200 Lumens H11 LED Fog Lights come with a warranty. The warranty lasts up to 12 months and protects against manufacturer’s defects. Ideally, these bulbs seem capable of outputting great lights, given that they have a total of 3200 lumens. They are also waterproof with a rating of IP65 and are made of an aviation aluminum material. Needless to say, these lights are durable and more than ready to deliver long-lasting performance. Another feature that helps improve their lifespan is the built-in excellent IC driver, which ensures better heat dissipation. The color of these lights is 3000K gold yellow, making them a great addition to any vehicle.
- Lights do not have error codes
- Work perfectly and look great
- They are plug-and-play
- Customer service is responsive and helpful
- Some customers find the color worrisome
10. AAIWA 2PCS 54W LED Light Bar
Visibility will be the least of your concern when you have these fog lights for snow installed on your vehicle. They adopt advanced LED chips that feature 8000 lumens to provide you with bright and white ray for improved visibility. The lights also have a specially designed lamp cup that leads to a wider illumination range to let you see the right and left clearly. They can work in any environment, and that’s because of their IP67 waterproof rating. In addition, the lights are constructed with thickened die-cast aluminum heat sinks, which increase surface area to ensure efficient cooling and to improve their lifespan up to 50,000 hours. They are compatible with ATVs, SUVs, boats, jeep, motorcycles, mowers, cars, 4x4s, tractors, trucks, and more.
- Lights are bright and have nice quality
- The customer service of their manufacturer is great
- They use very little power
- The warranty is longer than those of most lights in the same class
- The mount built into the light lacks flexibility for mounting
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Fog Lights for Snow
Our buyer’s guide has the following factors.
Ease of Installation
Before you buy a set of fog lights for snow, make sure they are easy to install. If possible, choose fog lights that are plug-and-play, given that they install insanely quickly and easily.
Snowy or rainy weather has never been friendly, especially to electronics. Therefore, go for waterproof and dust-resistant fog lights. Also, make sure that the material used to make your fog light is capable of dissipating heat perfectly.
Brightness matters a lot when choosing a pair of fog lights for your vehicle. With that said, go for a set that is bright enough. This means it should not be too bright to the extent that it blinds the oncoming traffic. Also, it should not be too dim to the extent that it compromises visibility.
Your fog lights should be compatible with your vehicle. So, before you purchase one, ensure that it will fit the vehicle perfectly. Well, fog lights that fit vehicles perfectly not only improve visibility but also enhance the aesthetic appeal of the vehicle.
Getting the best fog lights for snow may not be as easy as it seems. This is because of the numerous brands on the market. You, therefore, need to carry out extensive research before making up your mind on what to choose and what to leave. Well, one article that will help you make solid decisions is definitely this one.