Top Best Front and Rear Dash Cam in 2019
Are front and rear dash cams worth investing in? And just how beneficial are they to you as a driver? Well, dash cams or car cameras are useful devices that do a lot more compared to a traditional camera or professional photographer’s cameras.
What are Benefits of Front and Rear Dash Cams?
- Provide first-hand evidence in case of a car accident
- Perfect solution for undisciplined drivers
- Can help prevent fraud
- Help record your entire road trip
- Can efficiently prevent parking accidents
So what’s the options out there for those looking for the best front and rear dash cams? Well, 2018 has rich options that will surely meet your needs at a pocket-friendly price. Below, we look at the 15 best front and rear dash cams that will make your life on the road much easier.
List The Best Front and Rear Dash Cam
#15. DBPOWER 2.7″ Dash Cam, Car On-dash Video Recorder G-sensor Vehicle Camera Camcorder
Here’s one of the most pocket-friendly dashboard cams that performs above the standard models. You get more pixels from its 1080p full HD recording and a wide angle view adjustable to a maximum of 120 degrees. A looped video feature allows continuous recording even when the card is full. This dash cam is compatible with class 10+ micro SD cards with a capacity of up to 32GB.
- Camera turns on automatically
- Connects to TV for large-screen viewing
- Pocket-friendly price
- Suction cup for easy installation
- 120 degree view is quite smaller compared to other products
Check also: Best Vehicle Backup Cameras
#14. AUKEY Dash Cam, Dashboard Camera Recorder 2-Inch
This is a single-lens camera that makes use of Sony Exmor sensor. It captures video in 1080p full HD, which means more pixels for reading license plate numbers and visible video shots at night. With an expanded view of 170 degrees, you get to capture more lanes without distortion. The cam supports 4 different recording modes: emergency, time-lapse, motion detection and continuous. This dash cam is compatible with class 10+ micro SD card with a capacity of up to 128GB. The card gives higher writing speed and recording time of up to 40 hours.
- Reasonable image quality for full HD
- Comprehensive mounting bundle
- High-capacity storage support
- Wider viewing angle
- Doesn’t include SD card
#13. Vantrue X1 Car Dash Cam 2.7-Inch, LCD In Car Dashboard Camera DVR Video Recorder with G-Sensor, Parking Mode, HDR & Super Night Vision
Vantrue X1 comes in a mini size that’s inconspicuous enough to stay mounted on your vehicle at all times. It records video in 1080p full HD and has a super night vision mode that captures smaller details at night. This dash cam has expanded view of 170 degrees capable of capturing up to 4 lanes of traffic. There’s a parking mode that’s triggered by a motion detector effective up to 13 feet away. This cam supports loop recording that displaces the old footage with a new one once the card is filled to capacity. Supporting up to 64GB micro SD cards, you’ll be able to get a recording time of up to 20 hours.
- Supports audio recording
- Excellent video quality
- Super night vision
- Wider display and expanded viewing angle
- Quite difficult to attach on dashboard without using some adhesive
Check Also: Best Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
#12. Z-EDGE Dual Lens Dash Cam 4-Inch
This is the only dual lens dash cam that captures video both on the front and rear. The lens for the front camera captures video in 1440p ultra HD while the rear one records in 1080p full HD. With such high specs, this dash cam comes in as the most expensive in our review list. The Sony sensor guarantees first class night vision and expanded view of 150 degrees. The cam comes to life upon vehicle ignition. Those with a love for wider display are provided with a 4-inch crystal clear LCD screen. This cam supports micro SD cards up to 32GB (up to 12 hours of recording) and has a reliable battery that lasts up to 30 minutes on a single charge.
- Front and rear capture
- Largest display screen on the list
- Best video quality on the market
- Long-lasting battery of up to 30 minutes unplugged
- SD card included
- Most expensive dash cam on the list
Check Also: Best Radar Detector
#11. Black Box G1W Original Dashboard Dash Cam 2.7-Inch, LCD Car DVR Camera Video Recorder with G-Sensor Night Vision Motion Detection WDR 140° Wide Angle 4X Zoom
This is one of the best budget dash cams with an exclusive combination. It provides smooth recording in 1080p full HD and a night vision support. The cam has the ability to detect motion, a feature that comes in handy when parking your vehicle. Fitted with an advanced chipset, you get the convenience of low power consumption and smooth image processing. The angle of view is an impressive 140 degrees enabling you capture more area. This dash cam is designed for use with micro SD cards up to 32GB.
- Smooth high quality recording
- Low power consumption
- Suction mount for easy attachment
- Limited storage support of up to 32GB
#10. Ausdom AD118 Car DVR Dash Cam Digital Video Recorder
Ausdom AD118 is the best cheap dash cam on our list. Despite the low price tag, this cam delivers well. For instance, you get a 1080p full HD resolution, something that you don’t get easily in a low priced dash cam. High power LEDs make night capture possible. The cam provides a loop recording option for continuous capture. It performs best with class 6 SD cards with a storage of up to 32GB.
- Cheapest dash cam on the list
- Excellent video quality for the price
- Motion detection for automatic recording
- HDMI output for large-screen viewing
- Battery drains out quickly
Check Also: Best Dash Camera
#9. OldShark 3 Inch Dash Cam, Wide Angle Vehicle Recorder Support Night Vision Parking Guard Loop Recording WDR G-Sensor
OldShark is one pocket-friendly eye witness that never disappoints. At almost half the cost of most dash cams, you get impressive features that are beyond its price range. Recording is done in 1080p full HD with a night vision support that makes use of infrared technology. A 4-glass lens provides wider coverage of 140 degrees to let you capture more. There’s a vibration detection feature ideal for parking and a loop recording mode to ensure you capture every moment. This dash cam includes 8GB SD card but is capable of supporting cards with up to 32GB of storage.
- Perfect parking security
- Great technology designed for low power consumption
- Second-largest screen size on the list
- Excellent video quality for fine detail recording
- Uses buttons that are quite difficult to press
#8. Ausdom AD282 Dash Cam 2.4-Inch, LCD 2K Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Car Dvr with 1296 P Ambarella A7, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, Night Vision
Ausdom AD282 is an improved cousin of Ausdom AD118 dash cam. For instance, it supports 1296p super HD video capture, one of the highest quality you can get on the market. This dash cam has a parking motion function that triggers automatic recording in case a collision is sensed. Ausdom AD282 supports video playback and is compatible with SD cards of up to 64GB.
- Discrete compact size dash cam
- Simple and easy setup
- High quality video with a clear resolution
- Audio quality is good
- Video quality is quite low in night vision mode
#7. AUSDOM Car Dash-Cam Recorder Full HD1080P 2-Inch
Ausdom AD250 dash cam delivers well in terms of quality and performance. At a pocket-friendly price, you get quality 1080p full HD recording provided by a Samsung sensor. The night vision support makes it suitable for day and night use. The angle of view is a breathtaking 120 degrees and you get an intelligent motion detection that helps when parking the vehicle.
- Loop recording
- Excellent video capture
- Intelligent motion detection for critical situations
- User-friendly interface
- 120 degree view angle not impressive compared to other dash cams on the list
#6. AUSDOM Dash Cam AD170 with 1080P FHD 2-Inch
This dash cam comes in small, sleek and lightweight. Like the other cams from Ausdom, AD170 delivers quality footage in 1080p full HD. Recording is done automatically via a motion detection feature, which comes in handy during those critical moments. The cam supports loop-cycle recording that ensures you don’t miss any moment. It’s recommended that you use class 10 SD card for this dash cam.
- Wider angle view
- Excellent video and audio quality
- Allows monitoring while parking
- Dash cam record front and back
- Not prone to overload exposure
- Some users report problems with the USB cable that comes with this dash cam
#5. Pruveeo MX2 Dash Cam Front and Rear Camera
Here is an affordable set of the best front and rear dash cams that provide an amazing picture quality and it is also easy to setup and use. It comes with dual cameras for the front and back which are adjustable to make it possible for the driver to adjust the angle that he wants to capture. Also, the lens can rotate up to an impressive 320 degrees and the high resolutions lens also provide a 120-degree viewing angle. The discreet design makes it possible to mount the dash cam on the windscreen without causing any obstruction and it will also not be visible from outside. And many users will also love that it is an automatic dash come that will start working immediately you turn on the engine.
- High-resolution and wide angle lens.
- 320-degree rotation.
- Discreet design.
- Automatic dash cam.
- Easy setup and use.
- Dual cameras.
- Dash cam with rear camera.
- SD card not included
#4 . Z-Edge S4 Dual Dash Cam
- Full HD front and rear recording.
- Best front and rear dash cam with night vision
- Best dash cam with front and rear camera
- 150-degree view angle.
- Automatic recording.
- 4.0 inch IPS display screen.
- Loop recording feature.
- Dual port USB adapter.
- A little expensive.
#3. Vantrue X3 WiFi Dash Cam
Vantrue X3 is a Super HD 2.5K Dashboard Camera that has all the features that you are looking for in a dash cam and still does not cost as much. It is a super compact dash cam that you can install on the windscreen quickly and it will not obstruct anything. It has 170-degree wide angle that makes it possible to capture up to 4 lanes of traffic. And it has a super HDR night vision that lets you record the small details that are easy to miss when driving at night. The G-sensor, 24-hour parking mode and the auto LCD off function are also great features that help to make this a fantastic dash cam.
- Super HD 2.5K Dashboard Camera.
- Full HD videos quality.
- Super HDR Night Vision.
- 170-degree wide view angle.
- 24-hour parking mode and Motion Detection.
- Seamless loop recording.
- Automatic LCD off.
- The battery is not long lasting enough.
#2. Powpro Pcam PP-B60 Dual Car Dash Cams
You can trust the Powpro dash cam to provide the best quality Full HD videos thanks to the top-notch quality dual cameras and 170-degree wide angle. And it also has a built-in GPS logger that makes it possible to record precise GPS data into the video for checking vehicle location or speed. There is also a motion detection sensor that ensures the cameras start to record when they detect movement. The seamless loop recording will ensure that you never miss any moment due to low memory, and there is also a G-sensor for recording important events like accidents
- 170-degree wide angle.
- Dual cameras.
- Built-in GPS logger.
- Motion detection.
- Seamless loop recording.
- Adjustable G-sensor.
- Not easy to operate without reading the manual.
#1. Pruveeo C2 Dash Cam
Technology is always at the heart of any dash cam, and the Proveeo C2 dash cams are some of the most technologically advanced front and rear dash cams. They are Full HD cameras that will provide the best video quality and they also support loop recording to ensure you never miss a moment. The cameras will also support a microphone and speaker and they come in a discrete and non-obstructing design for convenient mounting on the wind screen.
- Supports up to 128GB memory cards.
- Full HD dual cameras.
- Supports loop recording.
- Microphone and speaker support.
- Discrete and unobstructive camera design.
- Memory card not included.
What to Look for When Buying Front and Rear Dash Cams
Deciding on the best front and rear dash cams to buy can be a daunting task if you are not familiar with all the technical terms. Also, the variety of options in the market only makes things harder for you. But with our car dash cam front and rear reviews, and by considering the points below you should be able to find some high-quality and reliable ones.
When buying any electronic gadget for your vehicle or use at home the budget or price of the item should always be one of the first things to consider. But, with front and rear dash cams the more the features that you want the pricier it will be and so you need to strike a balance between the capability of the cams and cost.
The quality of the video that you get is probably the most important factors to consider when buying these cams as it is one of the main reasons why you decide to get them. And the simple rule here is always to go for dash cams that provide the best video resolution that you can afford. A good camera should capture at least high definition videos and so you should not mind spending a few extra bucks to get a better quality dash cam.
Capturing the video is one thing and storing them is another. The best front and rear dash cams will not only capture some high-quality videos but should also provide some reliable storage options. Most will have a port for an SD card and others can also have a built-in memory. However, the bets are those that are cloud compatible as they will give you more storage space.
Does the camera use a rechargeable battery or does it connect to the vehicles cigarette port? When buying dash cams this will be an important question to answer because the power source determines the convenience and performance of your dash cams. If you go for ones with rechargeable batteries you should make sure that the battery has s long life or at least last through your entire journey. And if the ones that connect to your cigarette port impress you most you should make sure that they do not bog down y our vehicle.
Since you will drive both day and night you need to make sure that the cameras that you buy make it possible to take some quality video at night. Night vision capabilities are an essential feature that you should not overlook if you want to get the best service from your dash cams. And those that have an infrared vision will be the best option for this.
Front and rear dash cams will be a great addition to your vehicle as they not only make every ride safer but also more fun. The dash comes on our reviews above provide some idea on what you need to buy and regardless of what you choose between them, you can be sure of getting an outstanding service and amazing experience. Also, they are all within a reasonable budget, and so they will not cause any significant dent in your finances. And if you are finding it hard to pick among them our buying guide will be handy.
- ULTRA HD DISCREET DESIGN DASH CAM: Top OV4689 image sensor captures beautiful 2160p video even while driving fast. Signature low-profile design allows the V1 to be a well-hidden witness to the road ahead. Supports high-endurance micro SD memory cards up to 256GB in memory size.
- 170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS & WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE: The 7 layer glass lens opens up to capture a sweeping view of your surroundings. The superior WDR technology allows the camera to perform optimally in any lighting situation by adjusting the exposure to create balanced images and footage.
- SUPERCAPACITOR & PARKING MONITOR: The dash cam uses a supercapacitor which can withstand extreme temperatures from -20 to 176°F, that prevents the risk of overheating, extends the life span and reliability of the camera. With the parking monitor feature, the dash camera will automatically turn on and record a 20 second video when the car camera detects vibration OR dash cam will capture frames for a time lapse video for 24/7. Please connect the smart hardwire kit to activate the parking mode.
- WIFI CONNECT: View, save, and share dash cam recordings wirelessly on your mobile device with the use of an app interface.
- LOOP RECORDING AND G-SENSOR: Video can be recorded in 1,2 or 3 minute intervals. When the storage limit is reached on the memory card, new recordings will automatically overwrite the oldest recordings. When the built-in gravity sensor detects a collision, the current video is locked, ensuring important footage is kept protected. Locked videos will be kept safe from being overwritten.
- Crystal-Clear Recording: An advanced Sony Exmor sensor, wide-angle lens, and Nighthawk Vision technology capture 4 lanes of traffic in Full HD 1080p—even at night.
- Instant Video Access: Use the ROAV app to download, manage, and view DashCam C1’s recordings directly on your mobile devices (compatible with Android 5.0 and up and iOS 9.0 and up).
- Motion-Activated: Gravity sensor activates the camera if your car is bumped or moved to automatically record hit-and-runs.
- High-Temperature Resistance: Designed with a steel frame to disperse heat away from internal circuits. Operates at 19°F-149°F and protects data in temperatures from -20°F to 160°F.
- What You Get: Roav DashCam C1, Anker Dual-Port Car Charger, Micro USB Cable, Trim Removal Tool, User Manual, Quick Start Guide, Happy Card, and our 12-month product replacement warranty and friendly customer service.
- ULTRA-HD RECORDING: Capture video up to a resolution of 2160p @ 24fps. WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE allows the camera to perform optimally in any lighting situation by adjusting the exposure to create a balanced image.
- WIFI CONNECT: View, save, and share dash cam recordings wirelessly on your mobile device using the dash cam’s WiFi function.
- DISCREET DESIGN: Signature low-profile design allows the V1 to be a well-hidden witness to the road ahead. 170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS opens up to capture a sweeping view of its surroundings.
- LOOP RECORDING: When the storage limit is reached on the memory card, new recordings will automatically overwrite oldest recordings. Supports UHS-I / Class 10 or higher MicroSD cards (up to 256GB).
- ACCIDENT AUTO-DETECTION (G-SENSOR) AND PARKING MONITOR: When the built-in gravity sensor detects a collision, the current video is locked, ensuring important footage is kept protected. Locked video will be kept safe from being overwritten. Parking monitor provides 24 hour protection.