A graphing calculator has many functions such as plotting graphs, performing tasks with variables, and solving simultaneous equations, among others. Because of its versatility, a graphing calculator is perfect for mathematics students, computer scientists, engineers etc. With them around, you will have an easy time taking on tasks in an exam room or classroom. They basically make academic tasks much easier than ever before. However, not all graphing calculators will give you the results you need. That’s why we have thought it wise to introduce you to the best brands on the market today. On that note, consider the following top 10 best graphing calculators in 2019 reviews.
Checkout the Best Graphing Calculators in Reviews
1. Texas Instruments Ti-84 plus Graphing calculator
We feel that this graphing calculator is worth the first position because it has 7 different graph styles to help you differentiate the appearance of each graph drawn. We have also ranked it as the first because its matrix operations include inverse, determinant, reduced row echelon form, augment, and elementary row operations. In addition, this graphing calculator features an advanced statistics function that includes 6 confidence interval functions, 9 hypothesis testing functions, and one-way analysis of variance.
- Arrives on time and in perfect condition
- Great for college classes
- Easy to use and works great
- Comes with a cover for protection
- Expensive, but works
2. Texas Instruments Nspire CX CAS Graphing Calculator
There are several things you can do with this graphing calculator. That being said, you can use the calculator to symbolically work out equations, complete the square, expand and factor variable expressions, as well as computer limits and exact solutions. The screen of this graphing calculator is 320-by-240 pixels, while the resolution of this screen is 125DPI; 16-bit color. This calculator also comes equipped with a backlit display to let you see clearly the data you are entering.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Very useful and easy to understand
- Calculates percentiles and generates box pots
- Great gift for engineering students
- It is a little difficult to use
3. Texas Instruments Plus Graphing Calculator (TI-83)
This graphing calculator comes equipped with an integrated memory, which is great for analysis and storage of up to ten matrices. It also has an LCD screen with a 64-by-96 pixel resolution to give you a clear and readable display. What’s more, this calculator can display tables and graphs on split screen to trace graph while scrolling through table values. The calculator is approved for use on such exams as PSAT, SAT, NMSQT, and International Baccalaureate.
- Comes with a pamphlet on how to use it
- Arrives quickly and in great shape
- Very easy to use and works super well
- Comes with batteries and a cover
- The battery could be better
4. Texas Instruments Plus CE Graphing Calculator (TI-84)
We are impressed with this graphing calculator because it can change color and style of grids and axes on a graph. Well, this is owed to the fact that this graphing calculator has up to 15 colors for function graphing. Another feature that makes this graphing calculator a must-have for students or anyone who uses a calculator a lot is the Sequence Graphing mode, which indicates phase plots, cobweb/stair-step plot, and time Series plot. Plus the calculator has an integrated MathPrint feature that will let you enter and view stacked fractions, math symbols, and formulas.
- Has more options than lower models
- Charger supports 220 volts
- Beautiful and very easy to use
- The battery life needs improvement
5. Texas Instruments TI-Nspire CX Graphing Calculator
This is another graphing calculator that you will not want to miss. It has a color screen to make your work extremely easier. Moreover, it boasts a thin design, and it is lightweight, so you can handle it with much ease. Still on easy use; the touchpad navigation is easy on hands. The calculator comes with a rechargeable battery that goes up to a couple of weeks on a single charge.
- The battery lasts longer
- Perfect for college
- The calculator has color LCD panels
- Allows you to delete the page or the whole document if you mess up
- Buttons are a little difficult to scroll
6. Casio fx-9750GII Graphing Calculator
If you deal with pie charts and/or bar graphs mostly, consider the Casio fx-9750GII Graphing Calculator. It has an intuitive function and an icon-driven menu to make sure you have no problem operating it. Additionally, this graphing calculator comes with a slide-on case, which helps protect it when it is not in use. Plus it is available in many different colors including pink, white/blue, and yellow. We believe that it is exactly what you need for your classes.
- The price is much more affordable
- Works fine with no issues
- The technology is at par
- Available in many colors to choose from
- A little complicated, but works great
7. Texas Instruments Nspire CX CAS Graphing Calculator
We like the fact that this graphing calculator comes equipped with a high-performing Computer Algebra System that will help you have a deeper understanding of abstract concepts in science and math subjects. Since it is one of the latest handheld graphing calculators, this device will let you enter notes, instructions, steps, and other comments on the screen alongside the math. It features a backlit color display, which makes it perfect for use in the dark.
- The functionality and capabilities are great
- The rechargeable battery works perfectly
- Can be connected to a computer
- Works fast and comes with tons of tools
- Buttons are a little difficult to use
8. HP Prime Graphing Calculator
HP is a reputable brand that many people prefer to buy from. Their graphing calculator is well made and comes equipped with a colored screen. In addition, it has many different functions that make it possible to create different graphs. The calculator is also easy to use, and, therefore, it will help you get the results you want within a snap. Based on how it works, this graphing calculator is a must-have for college and high school students.
- Has built-in apps for spreadsheets
- Supports RPN entry
- Comes with an emulator for software development
- Apps and programs are fairly easy to create
- The equation solver app is limited to 10 equations
9. Casio fx-9860GII Graphing Calculator
The high-resolution display is one of the stunning features that make this graphing calculator a high performer. The display is also oversized to enable the calculator to display crisp and clear data as well as graphs. Moreover, there is a backlight feature, which you can quickly turn on to increase visibility. This graphing calculator is perfect for Business & Finance, Physics, Chemistry, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I & II, Trigonometry, AP Statistics, Biology, Geometry, and AP Calculus, among others.
- Great for many courses
- The menu system is much more intuitive
- The price is reasonable
- Arrives on time and in great condition
- Can be a bit complicated to use at first
10. Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Programmable Graphing Calculator
If you go for an algebra classroom, this calculator is a must-have. It allows students to graph and to compare functions; thanks to its several and advanced features. Additionally, the calculator is perfect for performing analysis and data plotting. Its vertical and horizontal split screen options, also add to its overall performance as well. The calculator has tools for finance as well as an I/O port for communication with products from Texas Instruments. And its screen can display up to 10 characters.
- Pretty easy to use and works very well
- The build quality and durability are great
- Seems to handle all math problems
- As much as the calculator is refurbished, it should be in better condition
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Graphing Calculator
Before you buy a graphing calculator, check out the following factors.
You should not choose a graphing calculator based on the number of features it has. Instead, you should be keen enough to make sure that the features are in line with what you plan to use the calculator for. This will help you get the best out of the calculator.
The Battery Life
You obviously do not want a calculator that will stop in the middle of the exams because the battery is dead. Therefore, make sure the graphing calculator you go for has a good battery life that makes it a reliable unit.
Ease of Use
Graphing calculators tend to have several features; hence, they can be a little difficult to use. For this reason, make sure that the features and functions of the graphing calculator you go for are self-explanatory and very easy to use. If possible, avoid calculators with unnecessary features.
If you are a student studying advanced courses, such as engineering and physics, a graphing calculator should be your companion. This is because these devices make solving algebraic equations and other mathematical problems much easier. They are also great for plotting graphs and performing analyses. A good number of them are more expensive than ordinary calculators, but they are worth it. Well, we are certain that you will not regret choosing one from this platform.