Although most people will tell you that they prefer headlamps, flashlights are worth considering too. This is because they remain the perfect choice whenever a handheld light is needed. They are ideal for campers, hikers, trekkers, and more. The introduction of LED technology and advances in battery efficiency has seen flashlights become more useful.
Ideally, most modern flashlights are smaller, brighter, and lighter than their predecessors. But this does not mean all of them are top performing. So, to find the best flashlight, you need to go through a number of guidelines and reviews. Here is a comprehensive guideline to start from.
Factors to Consider when Purchasing
- The light output: Who does not want to have the brightest flashlight on earth? With this in mind, it is important to make the light output a top priority. You may also want to check on the number of modes such as high, medium, low, strobe, and SOS.
- Size & Weight: Choose a flashlight that is very portable. For example, only go for a flashlight that is lightweight and smaller in size. They are easy to carry and you will be able to use them anywhere, anytime.
- Battery type & run time: Some flashlights use rechargeable batteries, while others use regular batteries. Some also use both. If there is a flashlight that uses both rechargeable and regular batteries, then do not hesitate to go for it. Also, you may need to go for a flashlight with a reasonable run time to avoid inconveniences.
After the guideline, the next step is to get the best product, and we provide you with the following top 10 best handheld flashlights reviews.
Check out The Best Handheld Flashlights
#15. TaoTronics UV Flashlight , TaoTronics 51 Ultravilot Urine Detector for dogs, Pet Stain Detector, Dog Urine Remover, Bed Bug Detector with UV Sunglasses
One great thing about the TaoTronics UV Flashlight is that it is well-built, effective, and affordable. It clearly shows urine stains and invisible food stains on the table or floor. It also shows UV-sensitive markings on official documents and currency. Ideally, the flashlight has a larger scope and a brighter black light to help enhance its performance. Plus it comes with 3AA Duracell batteries and UV glasses.
- Delivers great, powerful light
- Detects urine and other contaminants
- Easy to use
- Numerous LEDs
- Product may be defective, but the manufacturer is always willing to listen to complaints.
#14. Anker LC90 LED Flashlight, Super Bright Tactical Flashlight
See far and wide with the Anker LC90 LED Flashlight. This unit has a zoom-in feature for a focused beam and a zoom-out feature for floodlighting. It also comes equipped with a micro-USB port that makes it convenient to recharge from any USB port. Furthermore, it is designed to stand upright, so it can provide full ambient lighting in any room. The time to experience powerful illumination is now.
- Provides powerful illumination
- Hands-free design promotes convenience
- Rechargeable battery ensures reliability
- The grip surface is somewhat slippery, but this can easily be fixed with a couple of strips of tape.
#13. Tactical V1-PRO 300 Lumen Ultra Bright Flashlight
Did you know that the V1-PRO 300 Lumen Flashlight is currently the J5 Tactical’s best-selling flashlight? It features an adjustable focus range that you can zoom in for an intense beam or zoom out for wider illumination. It also has 3 different modes including high, low, and strobe to help promote convenience. Whether you want to go for hunting or camping, the V1-PRO 300 Lumen Flashlight is the unit to rely on.
- Compact and durable
- 300 lumens provide ultra-bright light
- Batteries are not included.
#12. Anker LC40 400 Lumens LED Flashlight, Pocket-Sized LED Torch, Super Bright
Featuring a minimal size and a light weighted design, the Anker LC40 400 Lumens LED Flashlight can easily be attached to a bike without interfering with riding performance. The low profile also makes the flashlight easy to keep in jean pockets without feeling any added bulk. This unit is powered by 3 AAA batteries that enable it to provide light for up to 4 hours. You can also use rechargeable 18650 batteries that last for 6 hours.
- LED bulb delivers consistent, optimum performance
- Compact design ensures unmatched portability
- Backed by 18-month worry
- Does not feature adjustable focus
#11. BYB Pack of 4 9 LED Flashlight
Compact, versatile, and durable, BYB Pack of 4 9 LED Flashlights are without a doubt among the best handheld flashlights you will ever come across on the market today. They are so small but do not let the size fool you; these flashlights actually produce super-bright light. For this reason, you will find them handy for hiking, camping, cycling, walking, and trekking, among other outdoor activities.
- Comes with a quick guide
- Makes a great gift idea
- Weather-resistant design
- The flashlights tend to get warm when on, but this does not affect the overall performance.
#10. LuxPower 2 Pack Tactical V1000 LED Flashlight
Backed by a 1-year hassle-free warranty, the LuxPower 2 Pack V1000 Flashlight Set gives you peace of mind during purchase. Well, everything does not stop there, as you will find these lights handy for various applications. They are weather, water, and shock resistant, meaning you will be able to use them in emergency situations as well as in the snowy or rainy environment.
- Can withstand rough handling
- Multiple modes
- Produces super bright light
- Backed by 1-year hassle-free warranty
- Easy to use
- Flashlights tend to consume more power, however, they are rechargeable.
#9. Streamlight 66118 Stylus Black Pen Light
Are you looking for a powerful flashlight that can perfectly fit in your pocket? Look no more; thanks to Streamlight. Arguably one of the best handheld flashlights on the market today, the 66118 Stylus Black Pen Light has everything you have been looking for. It comes with a removable pocket clip that makes sure it stays in place. Ideally, the pen light is made of Type II MIL-SPEC abrasion and corrosion-resistant anodized aircraft aluminum for superior durability.
- Produces solid beam and is extremely bright
- Portable design
- Great clip
- Comes with batteries
- The rubber cover makes the button hard to activate, but this does not affect the overall performance.
#8. PeakPlus LED Tactical Flashlight
We all need light at night but some flashlights are disappointing and unreliable. That’s why PekaPlus has decided to bring to you this top quality LED Tactical Flashlight. With this unit, you will be able to go for fishing, hiking, camping, and caving without having to worry about the dark. It is equipped with a zoom function that allows for adjustable focus. It also has a soft-touch switch, and its body is made of aluminum alloy, so it can withstand shock and abrasion.
- Ideal for outdoors
- Aluminum alloy construction is durable
- Gives off strong, super bright illumination
- Although the zoom function is functional, the light pattern becomes square at full zoom.
#7. YiFeng XML-T6 2 pack Tactical Flashlight
Let the dark not dictate you; not when the YiFeng XML-T6 2 pack Tactical Flashlight is within easy reach. This intelligently designed unit is small enough to perfectly fit in your pocket, handbag, or even car compartment. Moreover, the flashlight works exceptionally well in heavy rains; thanks to its high water-resistant level of IPX-6. You will find it handy for hiking, camping, routine patrolling, missions, and more.
- Five light modes enhance performance
- Adjustable focus for different usage
- Excellent design promotes special feeling
- Flashlights do not use rechargeable batteries, otherwise, they are perfect.
#6. Streamlight CREE LED Flashlight
The Streamlight CREE LED Flashlight is a powerful and convenient flashlight that is made of waterproof construction for unrivaled performance. Moreover, it has a pocket clip that ensures it stays in place and within easy reach. The flashlight also features a tail cap switch that makes it easy to operate with only one hand. If you want to be less inconvenienced when the darkness falls, then you better have the CREE LED Flashlight every time you go out.
- Built to last
- Compact design for optimum portability
- The pocket clip quickly loses its tension and must be bent back into shape, otherwise, the flashlight is great.
#5. Streamlight 69260 TLR-1 HL Tactical Flashlight
The wide pattern of this tactical flashlight lights up large areas, thereby, making sure you can comfortably see what is nearby. Additionally, the 69260 TLR-1 HL Flashlight is made of 6000 series machined aircraft aluminum anodized finish to help prolong its durability. It also has an innovative optic that produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination.
- Produces great light
- Well built
- Nice fit and finish
- Easy to set up
- Light delivered may be too bright for a home defense light. You may blind yourself, and this may make it difficult to spot your target.
#4. Miuree 2Pcs Tactical Flashlight
Miuree manufacturing company has been around for quite some time. Well, the company is known for its ability to produce top quality flashlights at competitive prices. One of these flashlights is 2Pcs Tactical Flashlight Set. Made of high-grade aircraft aluminum, this flashlight will serve you for years to come. Moreover, it has LEDs that last up to 100,000 hours, as well as a 6-month replacement warranty.
- Backed by money back guarantee and replacement warranty
- Offers excellent clarity and brightness
- Reasonably priced
- Flashlights are not super bright, but overall, they are affordable and very portable.
#3. BYB Pack of 4 150 Lumen Flashlights
These great flashlights will never let you be in the dark. They are highly portable and perfect for camping, hiking, trekking, and more. Moreover, They have a water-resistant rating of IPX-4, and this makes them perfect for use in the rain or places with snowy weather. The anti-slip texture prevents the 4 flashlights from slipping and falling from hands anyhow. Brave the dark because you have the right device.
- Allows you to adjust as you need
- Provides long-lasting illumination
- Ideal for every outdoor activity
- When the flashlights are turned on they go back to the last mode, and this can be inconveniencing.
#2. Stanley FL5W10 LED Rechargeable Spotlight
It is time to scare away the dark, and all you need to achieve this is the Stanley FL5W10 LED Rechargeable Spotlight. Submersible up to 6 feet, this unit has an unmatched waterproof rating that allows for ultimate convenience. Moreover, it floats in the water pointing upward, and it is 50-percent smaller than a typical spotlight. The spotlight also has a runtime up to 10 hours, so be sure to experience all the reliability on earth.
- Compact and extremely bright
- Floats on water
- A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.
#1. Outlite A100 Handheld Flashlight
This tactical flashlight is small enough; thus, it will perfectly fit your compartment or handbag. This means you will find it extremely easy to carry it anywhere and use it anytime. In addition to being super portable, the spotlight has an adjustable focus that can reach up to 600 feet. It also comes equipped with 5 modes (high, medium, low, strobe, and SOS) to help ensure peerless performance.
- Sturdy and durable
- Water resistant
- Makes a great gift idea
- The flashlight tends to be out of battery so quick in the highest brightness mode.
Flashlights have advanced with the ever dynamic technology. Today’s flashlights are somewhat smaller, lighter, and more powerful than their predecessors. They also don’t cost much despite their outstanding performance and versatility. Unfortunately, not all handheld flashlights are top quality, and that’s why we come in handy with a comprehensive guideline and reviews.
The guideline will help you know what to go for and what to avoid in the flooded market. The reviews, on the other hand, provide you with some of the best handheld flashlights on the market today. Therefore, be sure to go through all over them to avoid disappointments that always come with poor quality products.