Whether you work at the office or home, back pain is something you must be dealing with. Nothing gives a soothing relief from this kind of pain like the best heating pad for back pain. Heating pads are quite versatile to help you relieve pain from various parts of the body including shoulders, legs, lower back, and joints, among others. The best thing about heating pads is the fact that most of them are large enough to cover large areas needing pain relief. Besides, they heat up quickly, uniformly, and consistently to give you immediate relief from pain, sore muscles or joints. The following top 10 reviews have all you require in order to get the right heating pad.
Check out the Best Heating Pads for back pain in Reviews
1. Sunbeam 732-500 Heating Pad
Particularly designed for arthritis sufferers, the Sunbeam 732-500 Heating Pad has a slide controller with a large switch optimized to help relieve pain. This heating pad works with ultraHeat technology that penetrates deeply to help increase blood flow for faster healing. It has a sponge to enable you to use moist or dry heat. For better results, this unit is equipped with 3 heat settings, so you can customize the intensity of heat. Besides, it has a soft, washable cover which is easy to care for and durable for long-lasting performance.
- Two hours auto shut-off feature provides extra safety
- Wonderful size perfect for your back
- It is a nice heating pad that fits the bill
- Does not get hotter compared to other models
2. Sunbeam MicroPlush Heating Pad
With an Xpressheat technology, the Sunbeam MicroPlush Heating Pad heats up 3 times faster compared to standard heating pads for quicker pain relief. It is made of a machine washable cover that is soft to provide comfort for everyday use. This unit measures 12″ x 24″ to cover large areas that need relief like shoulders, legs, and spine. Moreover, it is constructed with durability in mind to give you a life-long performance
- Works very well and gets really hot
- Provides a long-lasting heat therapy relief
- The settings are efficient and amazing
- Warms up really fast
- It takes a few days of continued use to work well
3. Pure Enrichment XL Heating Pad
The Pure Enrichment XL Heating Pad is large in size; therefore, suitable for pain relief in the back, legs, shoulders, abdomen, and arms. It is designed with super-soft and thick microplush fibers to provide maximum comfort for daily use. The pad heats up faster in seconds to ensure fast pain relief to sore muscles. In addition, it is equipped with a moist heating option, so you can safely use either dry or moist heat therapy option.
- Provides targeted pain relief
- Has digital LCD controller to help adjust heat to the comfort level
- Comes with a storage for protection during use
- Cord length from the remote to the pad is somewhat shorter
4. Sunbeam Teal Heating Pad
Featuring an extra-long power cord, the Sunbeam Teal Heating Pad can be used even when you are lying down on your back. This pad self-regulates to provide consistent therapeutic heat and to prevent hot spots. It has 4 settings with an LED controller that allows you to switch between the settings for a personalized heat therapy. The auto shut-off feature is to help you conserve energy and to prevent excessive heating. Also, the heating pad measures 12″ x 24″, meaning it is large enough to cover wide areas that need pain relief including legs, spine, and across the shoulders.
- The cover is machine-washable for easy maintenance
- It has a soft touch to offer maximum comfort for daily use
- The pad is easy and comfortable to use
- The pad does not work for more than 2 years
5. Sunbeam Newport Blue Heating Pad
If you want a heating pad that offers gentle pain relief for arthritis pain and everyday muscle aches, the Sunbeam Newport Blue Heating Pad should be your top consideration. It is equipped with an ultra-heat technology that ensures uniform, consistent heat for effective pain relief. This heating pad also comes with a removable sponge, which you can insert for moist heat therapy. It has 3 heat settings with an LED controller that allows you to swiftly choose your suitable heat therapy option. What’s more, the cover is soft and machine washable for easy care.
- Offers targeted pain relief
- It’s big enough to cover a large area that needs pain relief
- Has a long cord length for convenience
- It has a tendency to clump up, however, it works great
6. Sunbeam Body Shaped Heating Pad
For individuals looking for heating pads on the go, the Sunbeam Body Shaped Heating Pad makes a great choice. This is because it comes with removable hot or cold gel packs to offer pain relief while on the move. The body shaped heating pad has Velcro straps that extend to 10 inches to secure heating pad whenever pain relief is required. It has 5 heat settings to enable you to choose your most preferred heat therapy. Better yet, the pad boasts a soft fabric which is fully machine-washable for easy cleaning.
- Heats up quickly and uniformly
- The strap is elastics so it will stretch over time
- Seems well-made and works well
- The hand-held control lacks digital display
7. DONECO King Size Heating Pad
Backed with120V of power, the DONECO King Size Heating Pad warms up within seconds to help you get pain relief quickly. It is large in size to ensure you get full-body relief from pain. The soft, wrap design enables you to target specific areas for fast-acting relief. This unit is equipped with an LCD controller to allow you to quickly switch between 6 different heat settings. Similarly, there is a 2-hour auto shut-off feature on the wrap heat to help conserve energy and prevent burns from excessive heating.
- The soft microplush material provides comfort for daily use
- It is made of the highest quality materials for durability and longevity
- The heat settings are easy to use
- The plug is a little difficult to remove from the pad
8. VIVE Portable Heating Pad
With the ability to heat up evenly and consistently, the VIVE Portable Heating Pad soothes sore and aching muscles to provide targeted pain relief. It is generously sized for great coverage; hence, it is suitable for the back, legs, abdomen and other large areas that need pain relief. There is an easy-to-use digital controller that allows you to personalize heat settings for comfort. Additionally, this heating pad boasts a long power cord that ensures you rest comfortably in any position.
- 2-hour auto shut-off feature prevents overheating
- Comes with a storage bag for keeping the heating pad when not in use
- The material used is machine washable for convenience
- Some users do not find it warm enough on the highest heat setting
9. Sable XXX-Large Heating Pad
Enjoy a lifetime treatment for specific aches and sprains using the Sable XXX-Large Heating Pad. It is made with the highest quality materials and a detachable cable for machine washing and long-lasting functionality. This pad heats up quickly and uniformly to give you immediate relief from pain. It has 10 therapeutic heat settings and a timer that will automatically turn off after the selected time. Even better, this unit is made of a soft microfiber which is thick, comfortable, and hypoallergenic for great therapeutic relief.
- Soft, warm, and very comfortable
- Large enough and highly affordable
- Turns off by itself for additional safety
- Seems to be short of functionality
10. MARNUR Heating Pad
The MARNUR Heating Pad is ideal for deep, penetrating heat therapy on the shoulders, neck, and upper back. This heating pad heats up in seconds with 6 different levels of heat settings for you to choose from. It has a unique design with slightly weighted edges and a magnetic clasp for hands-off therapy. The entire heating pad is machine washable for easy care. Furthermore, the controller has an illuminated screen, so it is easy to use even in dark environments.
- 90-minute auto shut off setting provides safety
- The material is soft and comfortable
- Easy to use, as it sits safely on the shoulders
- May come with shipping defects, otherwise, a great product
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Heating Pad for Back Pain
To make it easier for you to narrow down to one or two products, we bring you the following precise yet an in-depth guide to help you choose the best heating pad. Take a look.
When shopping for a heating pad, check whether it has multiple heat settings and temperature control. This feature is very convenient because it allows you to choose the right heat therapy that best suits you. What’s more, temperature control enables you to prevent excess heating that otherwise would cause burns.
Ease of Cleaning
The right heating pad is one that is easy to clean. Therefore, to ensure you get one that is easy to clean, check whether it is machine-washable. A machine washable heating pad is easy to clean and maintain. As a result, you have a clean and comfortable heating pad for daily use.
To get the most out of the heating pad you are about to buy, ensure it is comfortable. For this reason, look out for features like a long power cord that will allow you to use the pad comfortably in any position. Similarly, the material used to make the pad should be soft and hypoallergenic for absolute comfort.
In as much as the above heating pads have the same function, they greatly differ in performance and various features. This compilation gives you an instinct into some of the best heating pads in the industry right now. And by reading through, we believe you will be well-informed to make the right heating pad purchase.