If you have a small closet or live in a small home with no closet, look no further than the best heavy duty garment rack. A garment rack is designed to hold clothes and footwear, so it can increase space in your room. Also, there are some that are designed to hold accessories such as sun hats, umbrellas, scarves and more. A top quality garment rack is heavy-duty and large enough to hold lots of clothes. It also looks stylish and blends nicely with the existing fixtures and décors. In addition, most premium sturdy garment racks are compact and have wheels for optimum portability. In this article, we bring you comprehensive reviews of these best quality and heavy-duty garment racks.
Checkout the Best Heavy Duty Garment Rack in Reviews
1. DecoBros Double Rail Garment Rolling Rack
This commercial-grade, heavy duty garment rack can carry up to 250 pounds of load. It is really strong and at the same time has impressive dimensions, which are 51 inches long by 22 inches wide by 60 inches high. Furthermore, its horizontal rod can be extended from 51 inches to 70 inches long to help provide more space. Apart from the double rail style, the garment rack is available in a single rail style. This, therefore, means that you will easily find a suitable style for your needs. The garment rack also comes equipped with four four-inch casters that are heavy duty and enable it to move smoothly. Plus it is finished in a chrome coating for superior durability and enhanced aesthetic appeal.
- Easy to put together
- The price range is low
- Holds a lot of clothes and seems to prevent them from overlapping
- Not the sturdiest, but works as intended
2. AmazonBasics Double Rod Garment Rack
AmazonBasics provides a 1-year limited warranty that protects this garment rack from defects and poor workmanship. This is because they want you to have peace of mind when using the garment rack. The rack is constructed with heavy-duty steel for superior durability. Plus it has a black finish, which protects it from rust and elements. Because of heavy-duty construction, this garment rack can hold up to 400 pounds when not moving and 200 pounds when moving. Furthermore, the rack has 4 rubber wheels, with 2 of the 4 lockable for safety. It measures 14 inches long by 36 inches wide by 72 inches high and has two shelves to provide maximum storage for your garments.
- Arrives in perfect condition
- Looks attractive once assembled
- Durable and easy to assemble
- Holds a lot of clothes
- Both shelves cannot be used at the same time to hang long clothes i.e. the gap between them is short when they are used simultaneously
3. Econoco Z Rack Commercial Garment Rack – Orange
Econoco was founded in 1925, and since then, they have manufactured store fixtures and displays, which are synonymous with value and innovation. That being said, we are more than happy to review this heavy-duty garment rack. It measures 64 inches long by 24 inches wide by 70 inches high. What’s more, this heavy duty garment rack comes with a 3-part z-base, which is simple to snap together. It also comes equipped with industrial-grade 4-inch casters to make sure you have no problems moving it from place to place. The material used to make this rolling garment rack is heavy-duty steel. Therefore, expect the garment rack to remain sturdy for years to come.
- Very sturdy and easy to move around
- Holds several clothes and still leaves room to spare
- The price is extremely reasonable
- Very easy to figure out how to assemble it
- Does not come with instructions
4. Alera Wire Shelving Black Garment Rack
You do not need tools to assemble this heavy-duty garment rack. It assembles effortlessly in minutes, so you can put it into use a few moments after receiving it from the seller. Ideally, this garment rack has impressive construction, which features a strong welded wire. The sturdy construction combines with the well-thought-out shelves to enable the rack to carry up to 500 pounds. The garment rack also features a 4’ hanging rod for clothes and 4 support hooks for bags, umbrellas, and other items. It has 4 casters, with 2 locking for optimum portability and safety. Its open design means you will never have to be frustrated by the dust buildup, as it allows maximum air circulation.
- Huge and very sturdy
- High quality and easy to assemble
- Great for those who live in apartments or homes with small closets
- It helps organize rooms
- Increases space in a room
- Assembly must be spot on, lest it will wobble
5. Simple Houseware Industrial Grade Z-Base Garment Rack
We are confident that you will never get it wrong with this industrial-grade heavy-duty garment rack. It measures 63 inches wide by 62 inches high by 24.2 inches deep, meaning it has more than enough space to hold most, if not all, of your garments. In addition, this garment rack displays elegant silver paint, which makes it blend seamlessly with any décor. Although it looks elegant, this does not mean it is less sturdy. Well, the garment is constructed with sturdy metal that is more than ready to take any abuse. The 3-inch casters of this garment rack are also sturdily constructed and they even have brakes for safety.
- Arrives quickly to eliminate chances of any inconveniences
- The material used feels much thicker than those of other racks in the same class
- Easy to set up and take apart
- The weight capacity is impressive
- The shipping and packaging could be better
6. Simple Houseware Heavy Duty Double Rail Garment Rack
Investing in this double rail garment rack is a good idea. This is because the heavy duty garment rack is large enough to hold all of your shirts and other garments. It measures 20.5 inches long by 62.3 inches high by 42.75 inches wide to provide you with enough space to keep a lot of clothes. Ideally, its width can be extended up to 66.5 inches wide to provide a larger space for extra clothes. The garment rack boasts a weight capacity of 200 pounds. And such an impressive weight capacity is down to the unique double H-shape structure design that makes the garment rack sturdier. When you want to travel with this garment rack, simply collapse it for easy carrying.
- Made of an incredibly sturdy material
- Great for holding heavy motorcycle gear
- The vendor promptly responds to issues related to the rack
- The wheels/casters are commercial-grade
- Instructions leave a lot to be desired
7. Whitmor Double Rod Garment Rack
The price of this heavy-duty garment rack is not exaggerated. However, this does not mean it is not as sturdy as the best quality brands on the market. Its black epoxy-coated steel construction is heavy-duty enough to carry a load up to 300 pounds. Well, with such a great weight capacity, this garment rack is ideal for storing extra clothes and accessories. What’s more, the garment rack has an adjustable side swing hanger, which keeps scarves, belts, ties, and clothes organized. It is very easy to maneuver; thanks to its locking wheels. The garment rack also comes equipped with shelves that adjust in 1” increments to allow you to conveniently store differently-sized items.
- Does not require any tools for assembly
- Caster wheels make the rack very easy to use
- Seems to be well built
- Holds hanging clothes nicely
- Looks nice and premium quality
- The bin on the top shelf provides extra storage
- The second bar is unsuitable for long garments
8. LANGRIA Black Heavy Duty Clothing Garment Rack
Apart from providing you with more space to keep your clothes, the LANGRIA Black Heavy Duty Clothing Garment Rack will complement the aesthetics of whichever room you place it. The rack is commercial and modern with its minimalist and functional style. As if that’s not enough, this rack displays a glossy black finish that will no doubt blend with the décor of your room. Ideally, the manufacturer has not just focused on the style and the visual appeal of the garment rack but also it has constructed it with an outer powder-coated layer to protect it from rust and water. Additionally, this heavy duty garment rack has an all-metal frame that makes it solid enough to tolerate up to 88.2 pounds.
- Not too pricey yet very sturdy
- Looks really nice and blends with most décors seamlessly
- Sturdy enough to safely hang clothing
- The packaging could be better
9. LANGRIA Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Garment Rack
You do not need to break the bank to have a roomy rack that will neatly store all your clothes. All you need is this affordable yet heavy-duty commercial-grade garment rack. It has 4 side hooks, 1 rod, and 2 sidebars that provide a convenient place to hang accessories such as umbrellas, scarves, and hats. The garment rack also has two shelves that are equipped with removable PP sheets for your boxes or shoes. It has a maximum load capacity of 66.1 pounds, and all this is down to the all-metal solid construction. In addition to being sturdy, the garment rack displays a sleek, modern design that makes it a great addition to a bathroom, bedroom, entryway or hallway.
- Versatile and works great
- Holds a lot of clothes
- Compact enough to perfectly fit in nearly any place
- The assembly process is easy enough
- Available in two color options; black and white
- Smaller than expected
10. Homdox 3-Tiers Heavy Duty Black Garment Rack
Homdox stands behind its products. For instance, they have backed this garment rolling rack with a 100-percent user satisfaction promise, which comes really handy in the event that you fail to be impressed with the rack. The garment rack has 4 convenient wheels, so you can easily pull it out. Ideally, 2 of the 4 convenient wheels are lockable for safety. The garment rack also boasts a maximum weight capacity of almost 400 pounds (133 pounds per shelf). It provides a convenient place to keep your garments; hence, will no doubt transform your laundry room, patio or bedroom into a neat and organized place. It is a nice purchase for homes with small or no closets.
- The 4 legs add sturdiness
- Easy to assemble and looks great in a room
- Available in a variety of styles
- The company is always willing to assist whenever there is a problem
- Packaging could be better
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Heavy Duty Garment Rack
Check out the following factors before you make up your mind to buy a heavy duty garment rack.
Before you buy a heavy duty garment rack, make sure its dimensions will perfectly fit in the place you plan to install it. This is because the last thing you want is to buy a garment rack only to realize that the space you had preserved for it is agonizingly small.
A heavy duty garment rack is expected to have a huge weight capacity. But this does not mean you pick any product without checking its weight capacity. That said, choose a heavy duty garment rack based on the number and weight of garments you plan to hang on its shelves/tiers.
Your heavy duty garment rack should be constructed with solid materials. If possible, it should be all-metal for maximum durability. It should also be finished with a rust-resistant coating to help improve its longevity.
You may want to move your garment rack from room to room or even travel with it. For this reason, make sure that the rack you are set to buy has a collapsible design for easy storage. Plus it should have commercial-grade wheels for easy pulling.
The above heavy duty garment racks are worth spending money on. They look stylish; hence, will blend nicely with the style of your room. They are also heavy-duty for long-lasting performance. Best of all, the garment racks are all within an affordable range for sweat-free buying. We are positive that you will be happy with your purchase.