If you are a pro weightlifter or are training to be one, a hex bar is always highly useful. Hex bars can come in handy for regular individuals that like doing shrugs, deadlifts and the power pulls. Besides making things a lot easier for you, a hex bar will also include the use of your quadriceps and minimize the use of your glutes and lower back for more effective training.
But as handy as these weightlifting bars might be, you still need to pick the best ones from the many options in the market. They are available in different models, materials and also with different weight capacities. However, our reviews below of 10 of the best hex bars out there should make things a lot easy for you.
List of the Best Hex Bar Weight Reviews
1. Cap Custom Olympic Combo Hex bar
A top quality 750-pound capacity hex bar meant for use both at home and also in a commercial establishment like a gym, and it is designed to accommodate the 2-inch Olympic plates. This is also a solid and well-built hex bar that features solid steel construction with a zinc-plating to prevent rust and enhance the durability. It is also designed to provide both hex and high hex features for increased versatility as it will be useful for more kinds of exercises. And for those that value the appearance a lot, the company also makes it in a variety of colors to suit different tastes.
- Great for both commercial and home use
- Durable solid steel construction
- Provides both high hex and hex features
- Variety of colors/finishes to choose from
- Will accommodate the 2-inch plates
- Durable, rust-resistant coating
- Seems to develop minor surface rust around the welds as it ages
2. Cap Barbell 2-Inch Zinc Plated Weight Bar
Another heavy-duty hex bar from Cap Barbell made to withstand regular use and abuse for many years. It features solid steel construction and with a zinc-plated finish that will help keep rust and corrosion in check. This hex bar has a massive weight capacity of 1,000 pounds which is way more than what many lifters need. And with its wider and more comfortable grip and extra high handle height, using it is also easier and more comfortable.
- Durable solid steel construction
- Wide and comfortable hand grip
- Higher weight capacity
- Will accommodate the 2-inch bars
- Thick and sturdy welds
- Excellent handle height
- Silver finish wears off fast
- Welds are still a little sloppy
3. XMark Fitness Olympic Deadlift Hex
If you are looking for something that can help you build mass and strength in your legs and traps, this hex bar will be perfect for you. It is a highly durable piece of equipment that features solid steel construction, and with a polished chrome finish that is both attractive and functional. Also, the hex bar has raised handles that are designed to make it easy to pick it up from the ground and with minimal strain on the back and hands. Also, this is a highly versatile hex that will be ideal for various exercises, and it comes in shoulder width and with perfectly parallel handles and a non-slip grip.
- Raised handle for easy pickup
- Solid steel construction
- Long-lasting chrome finish
- Non-slip grip hex
- Highly versatile
- Lower weight capacity
4. Titan Olympic 2-Inch Hex Weight Lifting Bar
With the dual handle design of this Titan weightlifting bar, you can easily target and isolate the desired muscle groups for more effective training. And it is also designed to be easy to flip when you want to adjust the grip. The grip is also knurled to make it firmer and more comfortable. When compared to other top quality hex bars in the market, this is also relatively more affordable. And despite the lower price tag, it is still well built with all-steel construction and it will fit the standard 2-inch Olympic plates.
- More comfortable and firmer knurled grip
- Dual handle design
- Easily to flip for grip switching
- Relatively more affordable
- With fit the standard 2-inch plates
- Durable all-steel construction
- Welds are a little sloppy as they seem to have a few sharp edges
5. Cap 2-inch High Hex bar
You can almost never go wrong with a Cap Barbell weightlifting bar as they are an industry leader famous for top quality products. This particular hex bar is made from solid steel alloy and with a zinc plating to enhance its durability. Also, the company makes it with 25 inches between the handles for more than enough room. And the handles are raised to make it easy to pick up and with knurled grip for maximum comfort. Because this is also a more compact and ergonomic bar, carrying it around should be easy.
- Solid steel construction
- More room between handles
- Raised neutral grips for easy pickup
- Works with standard Olympic plates
- Zinc plated for extra durability
- Compact and ergonomic
- Extra comfortable grips
- Terrible packaging
- Finish wears off fast
6. Goplus Two-Handle Olympic Hex Bar
With the heavy-duty steel solid construction and chrome plating, this hex bar is designed to offer many years of great service. Also, it comes with a dual handle design that helps to increase its versatility and the handles are knurled to help make the grip more comfortable. This bar will be perfect for use both at home and also at the gym. And with the included snap springs, loading and unloading the plate should be super easy. The hex bar also provides more than enough room for different kinds of exercises, and it is also easy to clean.
- More comfortable knurled grip
- Dual handle for increased versatility
- Solid chrome-plated steel construction
- Ideal for both home and gym use
- Easy plate loading and unloading
- Simple to clean
- Very roomy
- Handles are not raised enough
- A little too heavy for some lifters
7. iHeartsynergee Olympic Hex Barbell Trap Bar
Any trap bar with raised handles will always be a much better option as it is not only easy to pick up but also helps to reduce strain on the back and hands. The raised handles on this one are just perfect as they also include knurled grips. Also, this is a solid steel bar designed to be long-lasting and with attractive chrome plating that also enhances the durability. With this hex bar, you also get 10-inch long sleeves to allow you to add as much weight as you want. The 25 kg bar weight is also perfect as it will be very useful for training beginners.
- Raised, easy to pick up handles
- High-quality steel construction
- Knurled grips for extra comfort
- Long sleeves for adding more weight
- Durable chrome plate finish
- Grip is a little too rough
8. Power Systems Two-Handle Hex Bar
This two-handle heavy bar by Power Systems is made with versatility in mind as the design allows it to be used for everything from squats to power pulls. And you can easily switch between the two handles. Also, there is enough room in the middle for comfortable use and the knurled grip makes things even more comfortable. The weight of the bar is just perfect for training and its sturdy construction allows it to take a lot of weight. Also, this well-balanced hex bar will come with a long-lasting chrome plating that gives it a sleek look and also prevents rust and makes it easier to clean.
- Versatile two-handle design
- Roomy and with spacious handles to suit all kinds of users
- Heavy enough and can take heavy weights easily
- Well balanced and with a nice grip
- Solid steel and with a long-lasting chrome plating
- Shorter loading sleeves
9. Valor Fitness Super Hex Trap Bar
The unique rotating handles on this Valor Fitness hex trap bar are one of is most impressive features as they make it more versatile and ensure you will always get a grip that suits you. By rotating the handle you can choose from three different grips which also make this bar great for both men and ladies. The hex bar is also well built with a heavy gauge metal and nice finish. Also, it has some elevated sleeves that are designed to make plate change easy and some rubber stoppers that will help to prevent floor damage.
- Rotating handle with three grip options
- Handy rubber stoppers help to prevent floor damage
- Ergonomic handle positioning
- Elevated sleeves for easy plate change
- Heavy gauge metal
- Assembly instructions should be more detailed
10. Merax Olympic Weight Lifting Hex Bar
Merax uses dual handles on this hex bar to provide easy and better-controlled lifting and also to make this a more versatile piece of equipment. Also, the handles are raised to ensure that pick up will be much easy and with minimum strain on the hands and back. The bar is also built to last thanks to its solid steel construction and with a sweat-resistant chrome finish that will withstand rust and corrosion for a long time. And with the knurled handle design, the grip is also solid and more comfortable.
- Dual handle design provides easy controlled lifting
- Solid steel construction
- Sweat-resistant chrome finish
- Knurled handle for solid and comfortable grip
- Raised handle design makes pick up easy
- Could be a little roomier
There you have it, some top-quality hex bars that will help make deadlifts gentler on your joints so that you can work out more and for longer. To pick the right one for you from the 10 above, you only need to consider your budget and the weight capacity you prefer as all are well-built, and you will still have something top notch regardless of what you choose.