Hiking provides us with one of the best opportunities to interact with the natural environment. But to enjoy hiking to the fullest, you must have the right gear including a pair of hiking boots. Since hiking is for everyone, there are hiking boots that are specially designed for women. These hiking boots are a little smaller compared to hiking boots for men. They are, however, strong just like men’s hiking boots. They are also comfortable to let you enjoy your hiking experience for long hours without feeling tired. Here are the top 10 best hiking boots for women in 2018 reviews.
Table of Contents
- 1. Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Hiking Boot
- 2. Columbia Women’s Ridge Plus Hiking Boot
- 3. Timberland Women’s White Ledge Hiking Boot
- 4. KEEN Women’s Targhee II Hiking Boot
- 5. Ahnu Women’s Montara Boot
- 6. Hi-Tec Women’s Bandera Hiking Boot
- 7. Hi-Tec Women’s Skamania Hiking Boot
- 8. Ahnu Women’s Montara Boot (Waterproof)
- 9. New Balance Women’s Walking Shoe (WW1400v1)
- 10. KEEN Women’s Revel III Hiking Boot
- Buyer’s Guide: Choosing the Best Hiking Boots for Women
1. Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Hiking Boot
The Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Hiking Boot is well-crafted to make hiking much easier. It is comfortable, so the wearer can have it on for quite a long time. Besides, it is crafted to overcome extreme conditions that are always associated with hiking. To make sure that this hiking boot fits you well, the manufacturer advises that you go through the size chart.
- Padded, Gusseted Tongue: It promotes ultimate comfort during hiking.
- Waterproof Material: Enables the boot to keep your feet dry even when it’s raining.
- Mid-cut Design: It supports the ankle as well as providing the stability needed for successful hiking.
- Numentum Technology: It ensures efficient and stable strides.
2. Columbia Women’s Ridge Plus Hiking Boot
This hiking boot is the true definition of comfort, style, and durability. It is well made to give you the performance you are looking for while hitting the trail. According to most women, the hiking boot easily and comfortably withstands extreme conditions. Women also like it because it encourages good balance, especially on uneven terrains.
- Rubber Sole: It makes the hiking boot strong and comfortable.
- Omni-Grip Tread: It allows the boot to easily overcome rugged terrain.
- Breathable Mesh: It ventilates the interior to keep feet dry and comfortable.
- Waterproof Construction: It protects the shoe from streams, morning dew, and showers.
3. Timberland Women’s White Ledge Hiking Boot
Ultimate outdoor protection starts with this hiking boot. Durable and strong, the Timberland Women’s White Ledge Hiking Boot shows that it is ready to stand up to anything the environment throws at it. Additionally, it is stylish enough to perfectly blend with other outdoor gear. It is also waterproof and well insulated to keep you dry throughout the hiking trip.
- Ankle-high Design: Enables the boot to offer maximum protection.
- Cushioned EVA Footbed: It promotes unrivaled comfort.
- Padded Tongue and Collar: They bring in extra comfort.
- Multi-directional Lugs: They provide traction on different terrains.
- Moisture-transfer Lining: It keeps feet dry and fresh.
4. KEEN Women’s Targhee II Hiking Boot
The KEEN Women’s Targhee II Hiking Boot is made to help you wander without worries. It offers a 4-wheel drive performance to feet. Moreover, it is durable and waterproof to help you interact with streams without your feet becoming wet thereafter. It is also comfortable, considering that it is equipped with several features that support comfort. The price of the boot is a little high, but that is because of what this hiking boot promises to give the user.
- Mid-cut Height: It increases ankle support over mountaintops and through canyons.
- ESS Shank: It offers torsional stability, thereby, ensuring a secure ride.
- EVA Foam Footbed: It keeps the foot comfortable.
5. Ahnu Women’s Montara Boot
Specially designed for hiking, the Ahnu Women’s Montara Boot will give you a more balanced life. It makes sure that you have what it takes to interact with nature. It is efficient and sturdy enough to remain handy even when terrains become unpredictable. Additionally, Anhu produces two colors of these boots, which are smokey brown and red mahogany. You will, therefore, be able to find one that matches your hiking outfit well.
- Padded collar: It has eVent breathability for peerless comfort.
- Upper Rubber Outsole: It allows the boot to withstand the challenges posed by different tractions.
- Mid-cut Design: It provides security and protection.
- Neutral Positioning System: It is designed to encourage the natural biomechanics of the foot.
6. Hi-Tec Women’s Bandera Hiking Boot
This global footwear is what you need to explore the outside environment. It is waterproof, and, therefore, will keep your feet dry no matter the outdoor conditions. Besides, it is lightweight to let you walk for long hours without foot fatigue. The boot also boasts maximum comfort, which is really important if you are to be successful in hiking. It is a product of a company with more than 40 years of experience.
- Rugged Rubber Outsoles: They offer traction in any conditions.
- Rust-resistant Lacing Hardware: It stands up to the elements, thereby, keeping the boot tight.
- Breathable Waterproof Membrane: It wicks away moisture to keep feet dry.
7. Hi-Tec Women’s Skamania Hiking Boot
This sturdy hiking boot is made to help women interact with nature. It guarantees a comfortable and safe hiking experience; thanks to its several stunning features. It also looks great on legs with its unique design and style. Additionally, the boot is decently priced and comes in 4 different colors to choose from. You will find its comfort and clever craftsmanship quite amazing.
- Eva Foam Midsole: It offers cushion and will keep you energized to help you get going longer.
- Steel Shank: It keeps your feet stable when you are hiking on uneven terrains.
- Removable Contoured Footbeds: They allow hikers to quickly and easily swap out insoles for personal orthotics.
8. Ahnu Women’s Montara Boot (Waterproof)
Reignite your active lifestyle with the Ahnu Women’s Montara Boot (Waterproof). It is a high performing hiking boot that will let you hike anywhere you want with ultimate confidence. It is made to make sure that you make balanced and even strides even on the trickiest terrains. The boot is also stylish; hence, will be a great addition to your personal looks.
- Rubber Toe and Heel: They provide a comfortable fit to let you hike for a long period.
- Nylon Mesh Quarter Panel: It is waterproof, and, therefore, will help keep your feet dry.
- Numentum Hike Technology: It is made to center and guide the foot in order to help you make balanced and uniform strides on a consistent basis.
9. New Balance Women’s Walking Shoe (WW1400v1)
The New Balance Women’s Walking Shoe (WW1400v1) will help you achieve your hiking goals. This is because it is produced by New Balance; a company whose mission is to help make the life of athletes much easier. The walking shoe is designed to fit and give you the comfort you need while you are on a hiking trip. We are certain that you will be impressed with its performance.
- Visible Heel Cushion: It provides comfort as well as enhancing the style of the walking shoe.
- Thinsulate Insulated Lining: Keeps the foot warm even in wet and cold conditions.
- Waterproof Membrane: It keeps feet dry throughout the hiking experience.
10. KEEN Women’s Revel III Hiking Boot
Made with nubuck leather, the KEEN Women’s Revel III Hiking Boot promises to keep your feet comfortable, warm, and snug. For this reason, it will make your hiking experiences memorable. With it on your foot, you will be able to hike for a long time without getting tired. The boot boasts a high-profile design, and, therefore, will support your ankle and improve stability. It is also light to make sure nothing pulls you behind when you start to get exhausted.
- Efficient Midsole: It features 3 different extra warm layers to make sure your feet are well protected from the cold.
- Super-light EVA Foam: It waterproofs and insulates the boot to promote dryness and comfort.
- Dual Climate Rubber Outsole: It increases grip in unpredictable weather conditions.
Buyer’s Guide: Choosing the Best Hiking Boots for Women
The key factors to consider before you buy a pair of hiking boots are the size, comfort, and the brand.
It is recommended that you buy a pair of hiking boots, which fits you perfectly. Do not go for a size that is too large because this will compromise the fit. Similarly, do not go for a pair that is too small since they may deny you the comfort you need while on a hiking trip.
Comfort in hiking boots varies greatly because of difference in materials used. For this reason, you should not assume that all hiking boots are comfortable. Be sure to look for such features as a padded collar, cushioned insole, and breathable mesh. These features promote maximum comfort, which is essential on any hiking trip.
Buying a pair of hiking boot from a reputable brand will make a big difference. This is because notable brands always give everything to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase. They value quality and good service because this is the only way to win more and more customers. Some of the reputable brands in these reviews are New Balance, Columbia, KEEN, and Timberland.
A hiking boot has what it takes to overcome the extremes of hiking. They are comfortable to give you the balance you need while hiking. They are also sturdy enough to withstand any hiking environment. Moreover, today’s hiking boots have stunning styles to match your outdoor attire. If you are here looking for one, this platform is for you.