Top Best Home Tool Sets in 2019 Reviews
The best home tool sets are essential items that every homeowner should have. With them, you will be able to complete projects much faster and without breaking a sweat. The sets are great for DIY projects, house repair & maintenance, and car repair. Most of them come with tool bags to ensure maximum portability and storage. Ideally, these sets include a different number of pieces to ensure there is something for everyone. If you are reading this with the hopes of getting one, you are in the right place. With that said, go ahead and check out our reviews.
#1. STANLEY 65 Piece Homeowner’s DIY Tool Kit (94-248)
STANLEY 65 Piece 94-248 Homeowner’s DIY Tool Kit at a Glance:
- Meets/exceeds ANSI specifications
- Weighs 7.35 pounds
- 2-year limited manufacturer warranty
- Blow molded case
One main reason why this is the best home tool kit in almost all serious reviews is that the manufacturer has designed it with ergonomics in mind. The ratchet handles are ergonomically engineered, and they feature a reverse-switch mechanism that is thumb-operated and easy to use. Besides, this tool kit comes with a blow-molded case to ensure easy storage of tools. The tools are super durable, and this is because they are forged from top-notch steel and then finished in highly polished nickel chrome or black chrome. They are handy for various projects and we are certain you will love them.
- The included hardshell plastic case is a bonus
- The price is reasonable
- Perfect for a variety of people
- Includes most of the commonly used items
- Great for college students
- Tools do not stay in their places within the case
Best For: This homeowner’s DIY tool kit is perfect for basic repairs.
#2. Crescent CTK170CMP2 General Purpose Tool Set
Crescent CTK170CMP2 at a Glance:
- Meets new ANSI and ASME specifications
- Contained in a folding and sturdy plastic case
- Carefully selected assortment of hand tools
We are not surprised to note that most people regard this set as the best tool kit for home. It has up to 170 pieces of tools to make sure you have everything you need so you can finish tasks much quicker than ever before. It includes mechanic’s tools (long nose cutting pliers, adjustable wrench, tongue & groove pliers, etc) and socket & drive tools (quick-release ratchets, extensions, ¼” Dr. 6-Pt sockets). Furthermore, all these tools come in a sturdy and foldable plastic case to ensure easy storage and transportation.
- The price is low for what you get
- The set has a lot of essential tools
- The case is sturdy
- Perfect for those who have never owned a tool set
- The needle nose pliers could be better
Best For: This set is ideal for mechanical, industrial, and consumer applications.
#3. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Drill & Home Tool Kit (LDX120PK)
BLACK+DECKER LDX120PK at a Glance:
- 2-year limited manufacturer warranty
- 68 hand tools and accessories
- Carrying bag
- Battery type is lithium-ion
It is obvious that you are looking for the best tool set for home. And one home tool set we would advise you to go for is the BLACK & DECKER LDX120PK. This set includes 68 pieces such as 10 drilling bits, 5 spade bits, 32 screwdriving bits, and 20V MAX cordless drill, and more. The 20V cordless drill offers an extra level of control, and it has an 11-position clutch, which prevents overdriving screws and stripping. As it is the case with other tool sets, the BLACK & DECKER LDX120PK comes with a carrying bag for easy storage and portability.
- The drill holds up well
- The battery lasts for a long time
- The drill is lightweight
- All tools are of great quality
- The carrying bag is not perfect for drill bits
Best For: This is the best home tool set for many different home projects.
#4. STANLEY 210-Piece Mixed Tool Set (STMT73795)
STANLEY STMT73795 at a Glance:
- Chrome vanadium forged body
- Full-lifetime warranty
- Meets/exceeds ANSI specifications
- Full polish chrome finish
- Includes blow molded case
One key reason why the STANLEY STMT73795 is considered the best homeowners tool set is that it has an incredible number of tools. With up to 210 tools, it is hard not to find the tools you commonly use. Some of the tools this set has are 8-inch long nose pliers, 3-inch extension bar, 8-inch groove joint pliers, 5/8-inch spark plug socket, and more. The tools are totally safe to use, given that they meet all ANSI specifications. The tools are also durable since all of them have anti-corrosion protection.
- The handle of the case is comfortable
- Ratchets are nice and pliers good
- The seller is super helpful
- The case can be stored in a small space
- The case together with the content is quite heavy. But this is because of the numerous tools.
Best For: If you normally have lots of projects to take care of, this is one of the best household tool kits to go for.
#5. Craftsman 50230 Mechanics Tool Set, 230-Piece
Craftsman 50230 at a Glance:
- Color is silver
- Material: Stainless steel
- Total number of pieces is 230 pieces
Another best tool kit you should consider is the Craftsman 50230. This is because it is one of the tool sets with the highest number of tools. Besides, the tools in this set are constructed with durable alloy steel plus they have a silver finish. This means the tools are incredibly durable and will stand up to daily use. Some of the tools you will find in this package are 50 screwdriver bits, 40 hex keys, 6 combination wrenches, and 3 quick-release ratchets.
- The carry case is very convenient
- The price is cheap for all you get
- The seller is excellent
- The set is delivered fast
- The case should not be opened the wrong way unless you want to reorganize all the tools for one hour.
Best For: This is the best starter tool set for anyone who is on a budget and looking for their first home tool set.
#6. DEKOPRO 168 Piece Hand Tool Kit
DEKOPRO 168 Piece Hand Tool Kit at a Glance:
- Dimensions of the case are 17.5 by 13.5 by 3.94 inches
- Net weight of the case is 12.78 pounds
- Number of pieces is 168
The best home tool sets come in a sturdy case, and that’s exactly what the DEKOPRO 168 Piece Hand Tool Kit is all about. The tools are of high quality, given that they are forged from top-notch steel and then finished in high-polish chrome. This heavy-duty construction provides the tools with great quality. It makes them durable, strong, and capable of resisting corrosion. Another reason why this is the best homeowner tool set you have ever come across is that the tools meet or exceed all the critical standards of ANSI.
- The case is surprisingly sturdy
- Works great for quick jobs
- The manufacturer is responsive and helpful
- The design and contour of the case is wonderful
- Tools could fit better in the slots of the case
Best For: This set has tools that are great for basic DIY projects and small repairs.
#7. BLACK + DECKER 60-Piece 12V MAX Drill & Home Tool Kit
BLACK + DECKER 60-Piece 12V MAX Drill & Home Tool Kit at a Glance:
- Weighs 4 pounds
- Dimensions are 17.7 by 5 by 13.8 inches
- Power source is battery powered
- Voltage is 12 volts
- 2-year limited warranty
We’ll tell you why this kit is one of the best tool sets for home. First, it includes a compact and lightweight drill/driver; making it a perfect purchase for anyone who wants to drill holes into the walls, perhaps for hanging pictures. Second, the set comes with a convenient carrying case for storing all the tools. The case is easy to store and ensures optimum portability. What’s more, this home tool set comes with a keyless chuck for quick and effortless changing of bits.
- Comes with a drill and other useful tools
- Great for the price
- Battery lasts longer
- The charger works fine
- Does not come with concrete bits, but for the price, you cannot complain
Best For: This tool kit is ideal for household tasks and projects.
#8. Workpro 100-Piece Kitchen Drawer Home Tool Kit
Workpro 100-Piece Kitchen Drawer Home Tool Kit at a Glance:
- Number of pieces is 100
- Weighs 4.96 pounds
- Material: Metal
- Suitable for daily use
Established in 1922, Workpro will always make the best tool kits. It is a company with vast experience, meaning it is capable of providing you with all you need. Well, one of their tool kits is the Workpro 100-Piece Kitchen Drawer Home Tool Kit. The kit has 100 pieces, which is good. These pieces are a claw hammer, pliers, snap-off knife, level, adjustable wrench, mechanics tool, precision screwdriver, and more. The pieces come in a tool bag for easy storage and maximum portability.
- Stands up to the test
- The electric screwdriver is surprisingly powerful
- Tools are well made for the price
- The tools are perfectly sized
- The tool bag keeps tools in the right place
- The hold-down straps are a little too tight
Best For: This is the best tool set for fixing leaky pipes, tightening bicycle chains, hanging picture frames, and assembling furniture.
#9. GreatNeck GN205 Home Tool Chest Set (205-Piece)
GreatNeck GN205 Home Tool Chest Set at a Glance:
- Set includes 205 pieces
- Weighs 9.9 pounds
- Dimensions are 12.8 by 7.2 by 10.1 inches
- Material: PVC and Steel
GreatNeck was established in 1919. As such, it knows exactly what you want. It makes quality products, including the GreatNeck GN205. The GN205 is a complete home tool set that includes a tape measure, ratchet, level, sockets, hammer, pliers, and more. Besides, the set comes with a case that is effectively designed and features 3-drawer storage to help keep the tools well stored. The tools are tempered and heat-treated so they can provide maximum strength and superior durability.
- Tools stand the test of time
- The tool case is easy to store away
- Makes a great gift
- The set has almost everything needed for home projects
- The drawers are quite difficult to open
Best For: Since this is the best all in one tool set on the market, it should be a frontier for you whether you are a DIYer or professional.
#10. Vastar 102 Piece Home Repair Tool Kit
Vastar 102 Piece Home Repair Tool Kit at a Glance:
- Dimensions are 10 by 9 by 3 inches
- Weighs 6 pounds
- Number of pieces is 102
- Brand: Vastar
This set has 102 pieces, and some of these are wrenches, screwdrivers, hammer, tape measure, utility knife, and level. The pieces come packaged in a compact carrying case, which has ergonomically designed handles as well as a standard fluted screwdriver set. Besides, all the pieces of this set are made of chrome-vanadium steel, which is one of the best materials out there. Needless to say, the tools in this set are super durable and will stand the test of time.
- Customer service is very responsive
- Well packaged and sturdy
- The hammer has a good weight to it
- Does not take up much space
- Tools do not fit well in their slots; therefore, you need to open case carefully to prevent them from falling all over the place.
Best For: If you are looking for the best toolkit for home, look no more because this particular tool set is great for daily home maintenance.
#11. WORKPRO 156-Piece Home Repair Tool
WORKPRO 156-Piece Home Repair Tool at a Glance:
- Weighs 8.82 pounds
- Number of pieces is 156
- Dimensions are 17.7 by 9 by 9 inches
- Lifetime warranty
This 156-piece home repair tool is not referred to as the best tool set for homeowner for the sake of it. It has 156 pieces, which include a knife & blade, saw, screwdriver set, and level, among others. The knife & blade are made of aluminum alloy construction to make them lightweight and easy to carry. Ideally, the blade is retractable for safety. The saw and screwdriver set, on the other hand, are made of high carbon steel for superior durability. Ideally, the saw has an ergonomic soft-grip handle for easy use.
- The zipper is heavy-duty
- The tool case is of great material
- The price is great
- Makes a stunning starter set
- The zipper is heavy-duty
- Not the best for heavy-duty tasks
Best For: This home tool set is suitable for home repair and maintenance as well as DIY projects.
#12. WORKPRO 408-Piece Tool Set with 3-Drawer Box (W009044A)
WORKPRO W009044A at a Glance:
- Size is 50 by 27 by 35 centimeters
- Professional customer support and service
- Lifetime guarantee
- Weighs 27 pounds
This all in one tool set has made it to this list because we don’t think there are many home tool sets out there that can match the total number of pieces it comes with. Featuring 408 pieces, this tool kit will let you tackle almost any project with ease and in a much faster way. These tools include a socket set, pliers, screwdriver, combination wrench, magnetic screwdriver handle and bits, adjustable wrench, and hammer, among others. The tools are chrome vanadium forged for toughness and unmatched durability.
- The assortment and quality are top-notch
- The toolbox is very well made
- Perfect for occasional use
- Shipping could be better – many buyers have complained about the box arriving dented
Best For: This home tool set is ideal for maintenance, assembly, and repair projects in the workshop or at home.
#13. REXBETI 169-Piece Tool Kit with 16 inch Tool Bag
REXBETI 169-Piece Tool Kit at a Glance:
- Weighs 8.95 pounds
- Dimensions are 17.4 by 11.4 by 4.8 inches
- Material is nylon
- 16-inch tool bag
A good household tool set should come with a quality tool bag. That being said, we think that the REXBETI 169-Piece Tool Kit deserves a place in these competitive reviews. It comes with a tool bag that has 11 interior pockets and 8 exterior pockets. These multiple pockets provide a nice place to keep all your tools. Besides, this set has up to 169 pieces to make sure you always have the right tools for the right project. The tools are made of premium steel and finished in chrome for superior durability.
- The price point is low
- Very easy to carry
- The quality of tools is as expected
- Perfect for finishing projects fast
- Comes with an LED flashlight
- The hammer is a bit smaller than anticipated
Best For: This tool set is ideal for DIY projects and home repair.
#14. WORKPRO 322-Piece Tool Kit with Carrying Bag (W009037A)
WORKPRO W009037A at a Glance:
- Weighs 22.9 pounds
- The bag measures 19 by 9.5 by 9 inches
- Number of pieces is 322
- Meets or exceeds ANSI critical standards
This household tool kit is also worth a slot in these reviews. It has 322 pieces, including a hammer, socket sets, level, cables ties, tape measure, hex wrenches, utility knife, screwdrivers, and pliers, among others. These tools are useable, making the kit an excellent buy for anyone who values convenience. The tools come in an 18-inch nylon bag, which is durable. The bag ensures easy and flexible storage. Moreover, these tools are made of chrome vanadium steel as well as pre-heated to ensure unrivaled durability.
- Very well designed and made
- The rubberized grips feel good in the hand
- Makes a great gift for a young aspiring technician
- The small bits do not stay in the container, but this seems to be common in other tool kits as well.
Best For: If you are looking for a home tool set for everyday chores and repair, this is what you should go for.
#15. HDX 137PC HOMEOWNERS TOOL SET H137HOS
HDX H137HOS at a Glance:
- Weighs 15 pounds
- Color is silver
- Dimensions are 3.4 by 17 by 19.2 inches
- Number of pieces is 137
This refurbished product is not just tested but also it is certified. As such, the set will not only look but also will work like new. The refurbishing process includes 1/functionality, 2/testing, 3/basic cleaning, 4/inspection, and 5/repackaging. That being said, there are zero chances you will get bored with this set. It is shipped with all the necessary accessories to ensure maximum satisfaction. The set includes a nickel-plated plier with wire cutters at the jaw base; screwdriver with Philips and standard bits hex keys; measuring tape with sliding thumb that, in turn, has a quick auto-return, and CR-V blade featuring a magnetized head.
- The set has many different tools
- The tools seem well made
- Great for daily maintenance
- Does not come with a bag
Best For: This home tool set is great for those who love DIY projects but do not want to dig deep into their pockets.
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Home Tool Set
To further sharpen your skills in getting a top-quality home tool set, read the following factors.
Number of Pieces
Different tool kits come with different numbers of pieces. As such, if you are buying a set for professional use, it is advisable that you go for the one with as many pieces as possible. This is because there is a likelihood you will end up with all the essentials for various projects.
A home tool set should only have quality pieces that will not break during use. Therefore, before buying a particular set, make sure its pieces are made of sturdy material such as stainless steel. Also, make sure the pieces are well finished.
If possible, you should go for a home tool set that comes with a tool bag. A tool bag helps keep tools organized, making them easy to reach for. The bag also makes them easy to transport as well as to store when you are done using them.
Whether you are a do-it-yourselfer or a professional, a home tool set is a must-have. A home tool set normally has all the essential tools, such as a drill, hammer, tape measure, screwdriver, and so on. Needless to say, a home tool set makes life much more convenient than ever before. Investing in one is, therefore, a great move.