Having good lighting in your bathroom will improve your overall shower experience and it also allows you to use this important amenity comfortably at any time of the day. But, there is more to a bathroom light than just keeping the place illuminated as it is also meant to enhance the overall appeal of the space by highlighting the appearance of other fixtures. And when it comes to putting up good bathroom lighting, one of the most important things that you will need is a good bulb.
Bathroom bulbs will come in different sizes and styles, and so you can always be confident of getting something that suits your tastes and is also within a relatively affordable price tag. And because we know that you will not always have the time to shop around for that perfect bulb we review 10 best-rated bathroom light bulbs to help make things easier for you.
Lists of the Best Light Bulbs for Bathrooms Reviews
1. AmazonBasics 60-Watt Non-Dimmable Light Bulbs
For a pack of 6 bulbs, this AmazonBasics product offers one of the best values out there. But, what makes it an even better buy is that each of the bulbs will provide up to 15,000 hours of service assuming you use it for around 3 hours every day. Also, the bulbs have a color temperature of 5000K, and so you can be confident of getting not only a bright enough light but also a daylight-simulating light to give the room an appealing atmosphere. These LED bulbs will not require any warm-up time to provide the 800 lumens of full brightness and they are designed to provide great energy savings.
- Long-lasting bulbs
- High light output
- No waiting time to warm up
- Uses up little energy
- Economical alternative to incandescent bulbs
- Great color temperature
- Quite large and may not work for some standard bathroom lamps
2. Sunco 10-Pack LED Light Bulbs
These top-rated Sunco LED light bulbs will come with UL certifications and are Energy Star listed, and so you can be confident that they are top notch quality. Also, they are designed to be dimmable with regular dimmers to ensure that you always get custom lighting. Each of the bulbs is designed to provide up to 25,000 hours of lamp life which is fantastic. You will also not need to worry about high energy bills because like most other LED bulbs they use little power. Also, the bulbs do not contain any mercury and do not emit any UV or infrared light.
- Energy star listed and UL certified bulbs
- Dimmable for more custom lighting
- Long lamp life
- Low power usage
- Does not contain mercury and will not emit UV or IR light
- More durable with minimal maintenance requirement
- Can be too bright for people sensitive to brightness
3. J.Lumi BPC4505 5W LED Bulbs
Despite the small and compact size of these bulbs, they will still produce more than enough light for your bathroom as they are capable of generating up to 450 lumens. Like many other LED bulbs they will save you a significant amount of cash on your electric bills. And with the tough thermal plastic cover, these bulbs are designed to ensure maximum shutter resistance. They will also come with a frosty cover that helps to reduce the glare so that bathroom time is always more comfortable for you.
- Soft white light output
- Compact and small bulbs
- Energy saving bulbs
- Relatively high light output
- Tough thermal plastic cover
- Reduced harmful glare
- They are not dimmable
4. Torchstar G25 Globe LED Bulbs
If you are tired of the high energy bills that come with the traditional incandescent bulbs, this pack of 60-bulbs will be perfect for you as the bulbs are designed to use as little energy as possible. These are fully dimmable bulbs and with no flickering, and you can also be sure of getting the best lighting thanks to their omnidirectional beaming. The light distribution is also even and well balanced and with no glare or ghosting which are common problems with many bathroom lights. And they will last for up to an incredible 22.8 years.
- More efficient performance with low energy consumption
- Fully dimmable with no flickering
- Omni-directional beaming
- Well-balanced and even light distribution
- Glare and ghosting-free
- Longer life span
- They still produce a humming noise when dimmed
5. Sunco A19 Dusk to Dawn LED Lights
You can be confident of getting up to 15,000 hours of service from these bulbs when using them for regular bathroom time. But they are also ideal for use in other places as they are designed to work both indoors and outdoors. In case you prefer to use them in other spaces beside the bathroom, they also have a convenient auto on/off feature to switch them on at dusk and off at dawn. These are also highly durable lights that will require almost no maintenance and also do not contain any harmful substances like mercury.
- Long service life
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor use
- Automatic on/off for more convenience
- Highly durable and with minimal maintenance
- Zero flickering
- Does not contain mercury
- Buzzing noise when dimming
6. Ustellar 6-Pack 5W LED Bulbs
When you want to add more vivid and natural lighting to your bathroom, this 6-pack LED bulb package from Ustellar will be a great buy. The bulbs are made with high CRI to ensure that they will always light up your home with great color consistency. With the 270-degree wide beam angle, these bulbs are designed to spread their light further than most others. And with a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours, they will also last long enough and do not require regular maintenance. The light bulbs come in a standard shape and base for easy installation and will provide instant full brightness.
- More vivid and natural lighting
- Exceptional color consistency
- Wide beam angle
- Super long lifespan
- Eco-friendly and with no mercury or UV/IR light
- Standard shape and base for easy installation
- Instant full light brightness
- Are not entirely warm white as advertised
7. GE Lighting 12980 G25 Globe Lights
It is always a great idea to go for bulbs that not only provide the required light but also look good enough like these particular ones. They come in a clear design and with an elegant filament for a decorative touch to ensure they look fantastic in your bathroom. The highly affordable price tag ensures that you will get great value for your cash from each of these bulbs, and they are ideal for a variety of applications including use on decorative light fixtures. And the simple screw on design makes them super easy and quick to install.
- Clear design for a decorative touch
- Great value per bulb
- Ideal for a variety of applications
- Elegant filament design
- Easy screw on installation
- Relatively shorter bulb life
8. Sunco 12-Pack LED Globe Lights
Like with most of their other lights currently on the market, Sunco makes these LED globe lights to meet the strictest standards. They are UL listed lights and they will come with the Energy Start listing. Also, they are easily dimmable without flickering and have been designed to provide up to 25,000 hours of service. These light bulbs will not emit UV or infrared light and do not contain any mercury to ensure they are safe for use. And besides the bathroom, they will work well for almost any other space or room.
- Designed to meet strict efficiency and quality standards
- Conveniently dimmable design
- Long lasting lamps
- Low power usage
- They do not emit the harmful light spectrums
- Ideal for use in various places
- Significantly loud buzzing sound when turned on
9. Kohree Dimmable LED G25 Light Bulbs
Energy efficiency is also at the heart of these light bulbs, and they will help save up to 90% of the amount of energy you would use on typical incandescent bathroom bulbs. These dimmable bulbs are designed to provide a 340-degree wide beam lighting angle for excellent illumination and with a uniform white light. Also, they come in a sleek vintage look and with a clear glass globe to enhance their overall appeal. The bulbs do not contain any lead or mercury and will also not emit UV or infrared light.
- Dimmable and energy efficient
- Wide beam lighting angle
- Zero lead/mercury and no UV/IR light
- Warm white and uniform illumination
- Sleek vintage design
- Requires some warm up for full brightness
10. Sansi 8W LED Light Bulbs
The E26 base and A15 shape are designed to ensure this light bulb is as versatile as possible as you can use it in different rooms and on various kinds of lamps. They have a light output of 800 lumens which makes them super bright and with a color temperature of 5000k for a true daylight lighting experience. This light will not flicker and it has zero glare to ensure minimal eye strain, and although the 180-degree beam angle is not the widest, these bulbs will still provide all-around light distribution.
- Versatile shape and base design
- Super bright with high lumen output
- Comfortable lighting with no flicker
- Zero glare for minimal eye strain
- All-around light distribution
- True daylight color experience
- Narrower beam angle
The light bulbs that you pick for your bathroom should not only provide great lighting but should also enhance the décor. Luckily, there are many good light bulbs for bathrooms out there, and all you need to do is choose something that suits your tastes, and our top 10 reviews above will make this easier. Also, if you have any other good recommendations or even anything to add to this piece feel free to leave your comments below.