Top Best Metal Bread Box in 2020
Bread, buns, bagels and other similar baked foods are some of the most widely consumed in many homes, and for most of us not a day goes by without eating them. But whether you make them at home or buy from your local baker, it is important to find a good and hygienic way of storing your bread.
It is true there are many easy ways of storing bread but few of them are as reliable as a metal bread box. Metal bread boxes are also one of those things that will practically last for a lifetime and will also add some glamour and style to your kitchen. In this piece, we review 10 of the best metal bread boxes out there to help make shopping for one easy for you and all other bread lovers out there.
List the Best Metal Bread Boxes in Reviews
#1. Brabantia Roll Top Steel Bread Box
A larger and more spacious bread box like this one by Brabantia is perfect for those that take lots of bread as it can accommodate two large loves and several buns or bagels. It is also a highly durable box that features a well-built steel body. The construction is also designed to be rustproof and fingerprint resistant to ensure that the box maintains its appealing look for long enough. This bread box will also come with a flat top design to provide additional storage space and the roll lid ensures it does not take up any extra space when you open it.
- Larger internal capacity
- Durable all-steel construction
- Fingerprint-proof design
- Flat-top design for extra storage space
- Compact, roll lid design will not take up extra space when open
- Relatively more expensive
#2. All-Green Products Vintage Bread Box
The vintage look of this bread box is hard to miss and just by looking at it, you can be sure that it will be an attention-grabber in your kitchen. It is a large capacity metal bread box that is designed to ensure maximum air circulation so that your bread remains fresh for long. Also, it is made to last long thanks to the cold-rolled steel construction and powder coating. The box will also clean up easily because in most instances a simple wipe down is all it will need. And when you buy it, you will get a free ebook with some nice suggestions on how to serve bread and a butter dish.
- Maximum air circulation to keep bread fresh for longer
- Larger capacity box
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Appealing vintage look
- Cleans up easily
- Comes with a free bread serving ebook and butter dish
- Cheaply made stand
#3. Now Designs Bread Bin
A larger and higher capacity bread bin that will be ideal for use in any typical home and it also features all-metal construction. The manufacturer makes it with powder-coated steel which not only makes it tough but is also able to withstand rust and corrosion for longer. Many users will also love the convenient lid design as it ensures that it will not take a lot of effort to open and close the box. But, the appealing retro style with a touch of contemporary is also fantastic, and you get to choose from three amazing color options.
- Larger and with a higher capacity
- Durable and powder-coated steel construction
- Convenient and easy-to-use lid
- Designed to ensure maximum air circulation
- Sleek an appealing look and finish
- Variety of color choices
- Poor packaging
- Metal is still quite thin
#4. Creative Co-Op DA1987 Bread Box
Because the bread box looks are as important as the quality to most people, the distressed finish of this one will be perfect as it gives it a charming vintage look. Besides its looks, this is also a functional enough box. And it comes in a taller design to provide more space so that it can accommodate French bread and other tall bread types. It is made with lightweight aluminum material to make it easy to handle, and it is a more versatile box that you can also use to store other things like recipes besides keeping bread.
- The distressed finish gives it an appealing look
- More versatile box
- Taller design for extra storage space
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- Simple clean up
- The rough bottom can damage some countertops
- A few rough spots on the inside of the lid
#5. Home Basics Bread Box
Whether you prefer darker or bright metals bread boxes, this particular one by Home Basics will be a perfect choice. It is available in five different colors which include black and red and with a simple but décor-complementing design to ensure you get something that looks great in your kitchen. Although it might not be the biggest, it still has a decent capacity to ensure it can accommodate several things, and with durable powder-coated steel construction, a well-ventilated design, and a convenient lid.
- Durable powder-coated steel construction
- Convenient lid handle
- Simple but kitchen décor-complementing design
- 5 different color choices
- Adequately and well-ventilated
- Larger footprint
#6. Oggi Stainless Steel Bread Box
This Oggi bread box strikes a perfect balance between an attractive look and practical performance which is just what you want in a bread box. And it also made to last for years thanks to the heavy-gauge stainless steel construction and tempered glass roll top. The roll-top is also made to ensure that the lid will not take any extra space when you open it up. There is also a sturdy and durable stainless steel handle to make it easy to open and close and some protective rubber feet to protect your valuable countertop.
- Highly durable stainless steel construction
- Sturdy and convenient handle design
- Space-saving and long-lasting roll-top
- Protective rubber feet included
- Excellent ventilation to keep bread fresh for long
- Feels a bit too lightweight
- Not large enough for two loaves of bread
#7. Juvale Stainless Steel Bread Box
Proper ventilation is one of the key traits of a good bread box as it is what keeps bread fresh for long, and this particular one takes care of this with some small holes at the back that ensure maximum air circulation. Also, the durable stainless steel construction ensures that it will last long enough, and its lid is designed to shut firmly to keep contaminants and germs out of the bread. There is also ample space insiders to accommodate two loaves of bread, and the retro vintage finish gives it an impressive overall look.
- Small holes included to enhance ventilation
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Ample bread storage space
- Quick and simple to clean
- Appealing retro vintage finish
- The lid is designed to shut firmly
- Metal is a little thinner and flimsier
#8. Culinary Couture Large Bread Box
A vintage-looking bread box like this one by Culinary Couture will be a perfect gift idea for your bread-loving loved ones. The box comes in a sleek design with vintage charm, and it is made from top quality stainless steel to ensure maximum durability. This bread box also contains some tiny holes that help to ensure maximum circulation of air to keep the bread fresh for longer. And with the firmly shutting lid, you will not have to worry about your bread getting contaminated. To make this an even better buy, it is relatively more affordable when compared to similar quality ones, and it will come with a free bonus ebook.
- Firmly shutting lid
- Tiny holes included for maximum air circulation
- Sleekly designed with a vintage charm
- Large enough and convenient size
- Top-quality stainless steel construction
- Relatively more affordable bread box
- Free bonus ebook
- The lid will not stay up on its own when open
#9. MyGift Modern Metal Bread Box
The stylish and modern design of this bread box is meant to ensure that it will look good in any kitchen and complement any décor. But, besides the look, this is still a functional enough bread box that features a space-saving roll-top door that will also open and close easily to allow for easy access to your loaves of bread. And you will not always need to open the box as you can clearly see what is inside through the view window. The box has a spacious interior section, and it can accommodate two loaves of bread easily.
- Space-saving roll-top
- Handy front views window
- Easy opening/closing door
- Spacious box interior
- The stylish and modern design will work with any decor
- Craftsmanship in some sections is wanting
#10. SveBake Vintage Retro Bread Box
SveBake makes this bread box to appeal to both those who prefer contemporary and vintage styles. It comes in a simple design that is very pleasing to the eye and with a highly durable carbon steel construction with a powder coating. The interior of the box is spacious as it can even hold two loaves of bread and several other things. This is also a multipurpose box because besides holding the bread, you can also use it for the storage of other things like cutlery and snacks. And it is also well-ventilated with holes for air circulation to ensure bread remains fresh for long.
- Simple but pleasing design
- Durable steel construction with a glossy finish
- Spacious interior
- Multipurpose box that can store various things
- Stays open for easy access
- Well-ventilated to keep bread fresh
- Open lid takes up more space
- Does not come in many color options
Finding a perfect metal bread box to add to your kitchen should now be all about choosing what you like most from our top 20 reviews above. But, you can be certain that you will have a high-quality and very useful box regardless of what you choose. And if you have anything to add to this piece or other great bread boxes you think we left out, feel free to share your remarks below.