Top Best Motorcycle Jacket for Summer in 2020
Summer is and will probably always be the best season for most of us as the weather is great for a myriad of outdoor activities. Whether it is a trip to the beach and all the activities that come with it from surfing to boating or cruising around town with your bike, there are always interesting things to do in summer. But, if you are a seasoned biker, you will hardly get off your bike in the summer. However like with any other season, you need to make your biking adventures more comfortable by investing in a good summer motorcycle jacket.
Motorcycle jackets not only look cool on riders but they also offer protection from the wind and in case of an accident. Hence it is always important to make sure that you get nothing but the best ones. Luckily, there are many good motorcycle jackets on the market and in this piece, we review 10 top-rated ones to help you find a nice one.
List the Best Motorcycle Jacket for Summer in Reviews
#1. Milano Sports Gamma Jacket
A motorcycle jacket not only needs to be comfortable enough but also has to look good. This black Milano Sport jacket has an impressive overall appearance thanks to the nice accents that you can get in red, blue or even white. Besides the lovely color combinations, this is also a highly durable jacket with a waterproof material to help keep the elements out. But, what makes it great for summer is that it has some zippered vents on the back and chest to help enhance breathability when under the summer heat. Also, it has a nice slim fit which is what many bikers prefer and removable shoulder and elbow armor for extra protection.
- Lovely color combination
- Nice slim-fit design
- Multiple sizes and color options
- Durable and waterproof material
- Zippered chest and back vents
- Removable shoulders and elbows armor
- Sizes run a little small
#2. Xelement CF6019 Invasion Men’s Motorcycle Jacket
A good summer motorcycle jacket is always about keeping the heat out while still offering protection from the wind when riding. The fully air vented design of this jacket from Xelement is designed to offer just that, and it is also well-made with some tough and durable material and with a super comfortable interior. For safety, the jacket makes use of the removable shoulder, elbow and back armor, and some abrasion-resistant panels. Also, it comes in a bright color and with reflective piping for maximum nighttime visibility. The overall ergonomic design, high impact protection, and free movement also help to make this jacket a good buy.
- Fully air vented for maximum breathability
- Removable shoulder, elbow, and back armor
- Abrasion-resistant panel included
- Ergonomic design to ensure free movement
- Reflective piping for high nighttime visibility
- Relatively affordable given the quality
- The fit still needs some improvement
#3. ILM Motorcycle Jackets
Nothing is more annoying than wearing a super hot jacket when riding in the summer as it can ruin your experience completely. But, nobody understands this better than ILM if the design of this jacket is anything to go by. They make the motorcycle jacket with a unique ventilation system that ensures maximum comfort under the hot sun. Better yet, it also has a waterproof outer shell designed to keep other elements out, and with a removable thermal quilted lining to make it also ideal for winter. There is also some removable C.E approved armor around the spine and shoulders and reflective white tape to ensure maximum visibility at night.
- Unique ventilation system for comfortable summer riding
- Waterproof outer shell
- Removable thermal quilted lining
- C.E approved and removable spine and elbow liner
- Reflective tape for nighttime visibility
- Highly affordable
- There are not many color choices
#4. Joe Rocket Velocity Mesh Riding jacket
With the super breathable mesh material on this jacket, your summer motorcycle rides will always be more comfortable even when the temperatures are at their extreme. It is available in various sizes and colors to ensure that all riders get something that works for them. And the design also includes belt loops for attaching to your pants and an extended back for maximum coverage. There is also a removable waterproof lining in case you want to use it in wet seasons and a couple of pockets on the outside and one interior one for your valuables.
- High breathable mesh
- Variety of size and color options
- Includes belt loops for pants attachments
- Custom-fit adjustment system
- Multiple pockets included
- Removable waterproof liner
- Armor material is not very protective
#5. Bilt Blaze Motorcycle Jacket
Breathability and style are the two things that make this jacket stand out, and it will be a great buy for every biker that wants to look good and remain cool when riding in summer. Also, it is made of a highly durable 600 Denier panel and with a memory foam padded impact panel. This jacket comes with a lovely touring panel with neoprene padding and some Velcro adjustable hip tabs that will help to provide a custom fit. Also, there is subtle reflective piping on the jacket to provide nighttime visibility, and CE approved armor around the shoulders an elbows for extra protection
- Breathable mesh body material
- Durable and protective 600D outer shell
- Memory foam padded impact panels
- Subtle reflective piping
- Lovely touring collar with neoprene padding
- Adjustable hip tab
- Armor is not very protective
#6. Viking Cycle Asger Men’s Motorcycle Jacket
Whether you are riding in the peak of summer or early fall this jacket will be perfect for you. It is made from a highly breathable fabric that helps to keep you cool and it is also waterproof to ensure you always remain dry. For protection, the jacket comes with exterior polycarbonate shoulder armor. Also, it has multiple pockets on the exterior and on the inside for all your biking essentials and other things you might want to carry. And there is also a removable polyester quilted liner that will provide warmth on cold days, and some easily adjustable cuffs and waist tab to make it easy to get a custom fit.
- Hand washable material
- Breathable and waterproof fabric
- Exterior shoulder armor for maximum protection
- Multiple exterior and interior pockets
- The polyester quilted liner provides warmth in cold days
- Easily adjustable cuffs and waist
- Few adjustment straps
#7. Pilot Motorsport Direct Air Mesh Motorcycle Jacket
Everything about this jacket from the level of protection that it offers to the quality of the materials is just perfect, and it is one of those that almost every motorcycle ride will love. It has a highly breathable and weatherproof membrane to keep the elements out and ensure that you always remain cool in the summer heat. The impact absorbing and dispersing armor is also a great addition that will come in handy in case of a fall or accident. Also, visibility at night is much better thanks to the unique RedTab Visibility system, and the protective and comfortable neoprene collar adds to the overall comfort of the jacket.
- High strength and maximum abrasion resistance
- Weatherproof and breathable membrane
- Impact-absorbing and dispersing armor
- Unique visibility system for safety
- Triple and double-stitched seams for increased strength
- Protective and comfortable neoprene collar
- Feels a bit bulky
#8. Xelement XSPR105 Black Armored Motorcycle Jacket
If you value the style and durability of leather motorcycle jackets this is an excellent buy for you. It is made from genuine cowhide leather material that will provide maximum protection and abrasion resistance. This high-quality jacket also comes with a full zip-out quilted liner that will help keep you warm in cold environments. Also, it uses CE approved level 3 armor to ensure maximum protection in case of accidents. And it has a stylish mandarin collar with an adjustable button snap for more secure closure.
- Genuine leather construction
- Stylish mandarin collar
- Zippered closure with wind flap
- Abrasion-resistant material
- CE approved armor
- Full zip-out quilted lining
- Still not breathable enough
#9. Xelement CF751 Tri-Tex Motorcycle Jacket
If you have been driving motorcycles for long enough the chances are that you have a Xelement jacket or have had one in the past as they are one of the most reputable manufacturers of these jackets. For this jacket, they use a durable and lead-free tri-tex fabric to ensure maximum durability and 600 Denier for top-notch breathability. Also, the jacket has removal CE-approved armor around the elbows, shoulders and back for maximum protection. And the chest and back also have extra padding for enhanced protection. This jacket is also ideal for nighttime riding thanks to the reflective strip that increases visibility.
- Durable and lead-free tri-tex fabric
- Highly breathable 600 Denier
- Removal CE approved level 3 armor
- Chest and back padding for extra protection
- Reflective strip for nighttime visibility
- Few size options and color options
#10. Xelement B7201 Top Grade Leather Jacket
Here is yet another fantastic motorcycle jacket from Xelement that will make you want to ride your bike the entire summer as it is not only super comfortable but also looks fantastic. Xelement makes it with a premium soft leather material to ensure maximum durability and breathability. And it also has some nice extras such as a built-in gun holster on the left side and some convenient pockets. The low collar design gives it a more comfortable and appealing look, and it also comes with a removable quilted vest liner.
- Variety of size options to suit all men
- Built-in gun holster
- Removable quilted vest liner
- Fantastic low collar design with a snap button closure
- Premium soft leather materials
- A little expensive when compared to others
There you have it, our detailed top 10 reviews of some of the best-rated motorcycle jackets in the market for summer riding. Each of the jackets on our list is top-notch quality and from reputable brands, and so you will still get something stylish, comfortable and breathable regardless of what you pick. If you already have one of these jackets or had it in the past, we love to hear your experiences in the comments section below.