Top Best Mouth Guard for Grinding Teeth in 2020
Did you know that about 2 in every 10 adults in the US suffer from Bruxism? Bruxism is a condition that results in jaw clenching and teeth grinding when sleeping. Although this condition does not pose any significant health risk, it can result in painful problems like jaw pain, chipped teeth and sometimes even severe headaches. But, all in all, it can be an annoying problem, and while there are no known medical interventions that you can seek, mouth guards offer one of the best and most common solutions.
Mouth guards are designed to make it hard and sometimes impossible for nocturnal jaw cleansing and teeth grinding to happen. You can get them in custom designs made to fit your mouth specifically or the over-the-counter types with a moldable universal fit or various sizes for adults. But, regardless of what you prefer, it is important to make sure that you buy something effective, and below we review 10 best-rated ones to help you with this.
List of the Best Mouth Guard for Grinding Teeth Reviews
1. Dental Duty Professional Dental Guards
Dental Duty makes these mouth guards provide a more affordable solution for individuals struggling with teeth grinding. They come as a total of four mouth guards, and in two different sizes to ensure you get something that fits your mouth perfectly. Better still, they are also easy to trim for an even more custom fit. These mouth guards are designed to help with various problems from typical teeth grinding to clenching and even teeth whitening. Also, you can be confident that they are safe and hygienic as the materials are FDA-approved and BPA-free.
- Provides antibacterial care
- Designed to ensure maximum hygiene
- Can be trimmed for a custom and more comfortable fit
- Versatile for help with different issues
- FDA-approved to ensure safety and quality
- BPA-free materials
- Comes with two different mouth guard sizes
- Free travel case
- Can be a little larger and thicker for some users
2. Plackers Grind No More Teeth Grinding Night Guards
Disposable night guards can also be very helpful, and this is more so if you buy some high-quality ones like these ones from Plackers. They come in a pack of 14 and in a one size fits all to ensure anyone can use them. With these mouth guards, you will not require to do any molding or boiling before use as they are ready to use straight from the box. Each one is ideal for at least three nights, and it is made to fit both the upper and lower teeth. Also, the mouth guards come in an adaptive design to make them more protective, and they will help with both teeth grinding and clenching.
- Does not require any cutting or molding
- One size fits all mouths
- Ideal for both upper and lower teeth
- Works for both grinders and clenchers
- Adaptable for maximum protection
- Ready to use for maximum convenience
- Reusable up to three times
- Will not fit small mouths well
3. ProDental Teeth Grinding Night Guard
Whether you are struggling with teeth grinding or clenching, these night guards from ProDental will be very useful. They are designed in a moldable design that will ensure you always get a perfect fit. The mouth guards are made with a soft and hygienic material that is both odor-free and taste-free. Also, these materials are made to adhere to high standards for maximum durability. The guards will also adapt to fit various teeth alignments, shapes and sizes so that users always get excellent retention.
- Customizable fit
- FDA-approved mouth guard
- Odor and taste-free
- Soft and hygienic
- High-quality and long-lasting material
- Multi-use guard functionality
- Easily adaptable
- These mouth guards are quite thick
4. DenTek 16 Ready-Fit Disposable Mouth Guard
For a pack of 16 mouth guards, it is hard to think of anything that will offer you better quality than this is, and this more so given the fact that they are very effective in preventing teeth grinding. The mouth guards are made from a BPA and latex-free material, and so you can confident that they will be safe for your mouth and also for your overall health. They come in a one size fits all and will not need to do any molding or boiling. These guards have a 2-way adjustable band to ensure a custom fit and a slim design for enhanced comfort.
- BPA and Latex-free material
- Slim design to enhance comfort
- One size fits all
- Can fit both lower and upper teeth
- Cushioned bite-pads
- 2-way adjustable band for a custom fit
- Great value for a pack of 16 guards
- They do not seem to provide enough cushioning between teeth
5. Doctors Advanced Dental Comfort NightGuard
Although there is only one mouth guard on the package, it is an advanced night guard that is made to not only be more effective but also to provide protection for up to an impressive 6 months. This guard is moldable to ensure you always get a custom fit, and it is made in a 2-layer design that consists of a soft-top material and a harder bottom which is what prevents grinding. The slim and comfortable style helps to give it a low-profile and more comfortable fit, and it has a unique slant at the front to keep it away from the lip and gum.
- Long-lasting protection
- Moldable for a custom fit
- More protective dual-layer design
- Slim and flexible design
- Unique slanted front for extra comfort
- Only one guard in the pack
6. Alayna DentaPro2000 Mouth Guard
Even before you use these mouth guards, you can tell that they will be very useful thanks to the quality of the material and size. They come in a pack of three long-lasting guards to ensure you have something to help with your grinding for at least a few weeks. Each of the guards is designed to be slim and highly flexible so that you can still sleep comfortably when wearing it. Also, they are made from high-quality and durable materials, and they are designed to be moldable to ensure you get a more precise fit.
- Free anti-bacterial case
- Designed to fit all mouth sizes
- Slim and highly flexible
- Highly durable material
- Moldable for a more precise fit
- Might not be very useful for clenching
7. DentalCare Labs Teeth Grinding Guards
Moldable mouth guards like these ones from DentalCare Labs are always the best as they allow you to get a more custom and hence more comfortable fit. These guards come in a pack of 4 at a great price tag and they are designed to fit both the upper and lower teeth to allow you to choose how to wear your guard. And they are also made from high-quality materials that are FDA-approved and without any BPA or latex. When you buy these mouth guards you will also get a free hygiene case for convenient and safe storage.
- Will fit both the lower and upper teeth
- Also works as a teeth whitening tray
- Moldable for a precise fit
- High-quality FDA-approved and latex and BPA-free materials
- Free hygiene case
- Molding can be a little tricky
8. ProDental Anti Grinding Mouth Guard
Like most other high-quality teeth grinding guards, these ones by ProDental are also designed to provide a customizable fit, and so you can be sure that that they will work for you regardless of your mouth size. Also, they are designed for multi-use which means they will also be useful for other problems like clenching. These mouth guards are thinner and highly flexible for comfort when sleeping, and they are also made from highly durable materials.
- Customizable guard fit
- Multi-use functionality
- Thinner and more flexible for a custom fit
- Molded fit for great retention and comfort
- Durable for a cost-effective grinding solution
- First-time users might have difficulties with the molding process
9. J&S Dental Night Guard
The price of this guard might be several times what you would pay for typical over-the-counter mouth guards, but the quality and effectiveness is also several times better. The upper guard is made of high-quality and FDA-approved materials that can last for up to an impressive 5 years. Also, the material does not contain any latex or BPA, and it is designed to fit most adult mouths while also providing a custom and comfortable fit that will allow you to still get some good sleep.
- High-quality FDA-approved materials
- Both BPA and latex-free
- Superior fit for all adults
- More durable than over-the-counter mouth guards
- Last up to an impressive 5 years
- Quite an expensive guard
10. Eliminator Adjustable Mouth Guard
Although this Eliminator mouth guard will cost more than the regular ones, it is worth the extra expense as it provides fast and effective teeth grinding solutions. It is designed to be moldable to ensure it fits your teeth perfectly, and you can lock your preferred setting in place for as long as you want. Also, it is a relatively smaller guard for maximum comfort when sleeping and also easy to adjust. And with the highly durable materials and design, it will also serve you long enough.
- Precision auto mold for an excellent fit
- Lockable at the desired settings
- Comes with a free hygiene case
- Smaller for more comfortable nights
- Easily adjustable and comfortable
- Highly durable design and materials
- Not ideal for small mouths
It is true that there is no cure for teeth grinding or known medical procedures that can help to stop it. But, this does not mean you have to live with the consequences, problems or issues that come with it as a mouth guard can be very helpful. And with our reviews above finding the perfect one for you is now easy. Finally, please share this piece to help others struggling with this common problem and feel free to leave your comments about teeth grinding guards below.