Top Best Portable Butane Stove in 2020
There is no limit to what or where you can cook with the best portable butane stoves. These stoves stand out due to their compact and lightweight design that allows you to have them in your car just in case you may need to cook on the go. Despite their small design, these stoves are very powerful to enable you to cook most types of foods. Also, they are heavy-duty and stable to support pans of various sizes. Most people need these portable butane stoves for camping or emergency home cooking. Regardless of what your reason is, the following top 10 best 2020 Reviews will help you find the right butane stove for all your needs. Read on.
List The Best Portable Butane Stove in Reviews
#1. Etekcity Portable Camping Stove
The Etekcity Portable Camping Stove is made of stainless steel and aluminum alloy, making it durable enough to withstand high temperature and weight. It is compact and collapsible to allow for simple storage and portability. This stove is equipped with an adjustable control valve to ensure fast and maximum heat output all the way down to a simmer quickly and efficiently. It comes with four-angel solid support to enable you to fix it firmly on the ground. There is a serrated tray holder for easy fixation of pots and pans. This stove delivers high combustion efficiency; thanks to the windproof screen that condenses the flame to increase oxygen circulation. Besides, it is compatible with butane-propane mixed fuel canisters for optimal versatility.
- It is well-built to withstand the outdoor elements
- The stove has a space-saving design that makes it ideal for backpackers
- Provides a very hot concentrated flame
- There is a slight leakage of gas when screwing the stove on the canister, but it is normal
#2. Iwatani Portable Butane Stove, ZA-3HP
Equipped with a heat panel system, the Iwatani Portable Butane Stove maintains a constant pressure as fuel is being consumed to provide maximum output. This system ensures the stove utilizes the entire can of butane to leave no fuel residue. As such, this stove is economical, safe, and highly-efficient for camping and backpacking. It is CSA approved for commercial indoor and outdoor use to boost your confidence in purchasing. At the same time, there is an automatic safety stop with the reset lever to guarantee added safety. Also, this stove comes with a carrying case for simple storage and portability.
- Produces high heat and cooks very fast
- The top is removable to enable you to clean off grease and stuff
- The stove looks sturdy and long-lasting
- The gas can is so easy and self-explanatory to install
- The included carrying case doesn’t look durable, but it will last long if handled with care
#3. Gas ONE Portable Gas Stove GS-3000, Black
With a smooth metallic body and enamel coated drip pan, the Gas ONE Portable Gas Stove GS-3000 ensures a reliable and enjoyable cooking experience. It is lightweight yet powerful enough to deliver swift performance perfect for a small BBQ, emergency gear or camping gear. The stove delivers a maximum output of 9,000 BTU to ensure fast heat up and cook time. It is very simple to install and to use as most of the things are self-explanatory. The stove comes with a cartridge ejection feature that ejects the butane fuel canister if irregular gas flow is detected. And for added safety, it is the US & Canadian Standards Association Approved.
- The stove comes with a carrying case for simple storage and portability
- There is a complete user manual for simple operation
- The piezo type electric starter with safety shut off system eliminates the need for matches
- The butane fuel is sold separately
#4. Coleman Portable Butane Stove
On-the-go cooking is now easier and better with the Coleman Portable Butane Stove. It has an ultra-portable design with a carrying case to facilitate easy storage and portability. This stove is easy to install and sets up on any outdoor tabletop, supporting up to a 10-inch pan. It is easy to use as all you need to do is connect to an 8.8oz butane cylinder, turn on the automatic matchless ignition and begin cooking immediately. The burner is adjustable to give you precise temperature control each time. Plus, the stove stands on a large base that offers maximum stability to allow for you to stir food with confidence.
- The stove lasts up to 1.25 hours on one butane cylinder gas
- It is porcelain-coated for added durability and ease of cleaning
- The aluminum burner is rust-proof to withstand several years of use
- The butane gas cylinder is not included in the package
#5. Gas ONE Dual Fuel Portable Gas Stove Burner, GS-3400P
The Gas ONE Dual Fuel Portable Gas Stove Burner, GS-3400P has a convenient dual fuel design that lets you use either 8oz butane canister or 16.4oz propane tank. It is easy to use with a piezo-electric ignition design that allows for matchless operation. There is an adjustable heat dial system that lets you cook at various temperatures. As a safety precaution, this stove is equipped with a built-in pressure sensor ejection feature that will eject cartridge when irregular pressure is detected. Moreover, this stove is UL and CSA certified to ensure it is absolutely safe for you to use.
- It is well made and can handle up to a 10-inch pan
- The stove offers a very nice range of burn from large to very small
- The carrying case makes for easy storage and portability
- This stove is designed for outdoor use only
#6. Iwatani Butane Stove 35FW, Metallic
Crafted with a built-in double windbreaker, the Iwatani Butane Stove 35FW is ideal for use in windy outdoors because its flame is protected from the wind. It produces 15,000 BTU output to enable you to cook a variety of foods perfectly. This stove comes with a solid brass burner to offer durable performance over the years. It is equipped with an air conditioning system to ensure it is safe for you to use. For added safety, this stove has an improved regulator that shuts off the flow of butane to extinguish the flame if the fuel rises to dangerous levels. Moreover, it comes in various packages to meet various needs and budgets.
- This stove is easy to install and to use
- It has safety features to protect you from accidental harms
- The stove comes with a carrying case for simple storage and transport
- May come with manufacturer’s flaws; otherwise, it is great
#7. Camp Chef Single Butane Burner Stove
At only 5lbs, the Camp Chef Single Butane Burner Stove is absolutely compact and lightweight. Hence, it makes one of the best portable butane stoves for camping and backpacking. It is designed with a matchless ignition system to eliminate the need for matches and lighters. The stove produces a total output of 8,000 BTU, which is enough to help you prepare meals while camping. It boasts adjustable heat-control dials to help you cook at various temperatures. There is a porcelain drip tray to allow for easy and quick cleanup. The stove is affordably priced yet it is practical, functional, and very powerful. In addition, it comes with a convenient carrying case to allow for simple storage and transportation.
- The stove is simple to operate
- The burner fits most pans of various sizes
- The stove produces hotter flames each time
- It seems well made and durable
- The output is not the highest you can find, but it works perfectly for the price
#8. M.V. Trading Deluxe Portable Butane Stove
Featuring an automatic ignition system, you do not need matches to light the M.V. Trading Deluxe Portable Butane Stove. It is equipped with adjustment control to allow you to cook at various heat levels. This stove boasts a built-in windshield to help protect the flame, especially when you are cooking in a windy outdoor environment. Not only is this stove made of high-quality materials but also it is CSA approved to meet the higher safety standards. It comes with a black carrying case to allow for easy storage and transportation. Thus, it is perfect for most outdoor activities like BBQ and camping. This stove comes in a nice box package that makes it a great gift idea for a friend or loved one.
- This stove lights quickly without any problems
- It is easy to connect to a fuel canister
- The stove is stable and supports many different sized pans
- The control may sometimes extinguish the flame on the lowest setting
#9. Stansport Portable Outdoor Butane Stove
The Stansport Portable Outdoor Butane Stove works exactly as your gas stove at home except that it lets you cook outdoors. It operates on a 7,650 BTU burner that is powerful and highly efficient just like you would expect. The stove is easy to operate with the electronic ignition system that lets you work with no matches. It is designed with the ultra-quiet operation to give you peaceful cooking experience. The stove is compact and lightweight, so you can easily bring it with you to your next camping trip. Remember, it uses a single 8.0oz butane canister that you will have to purchase separately.
- The stove produces super-hot flames
- It delivers great performance at a great price
- The stove is safe and very easy to use
- The stove is only meant to be used outdoors
#10. Camplux Dual Fuel Portable Gas Stove
Consider the Camplux Dual Fuel Portable Gas Stove for a dual fuel single burner that is compatible with both propane and butane. When using propane, this stove works with 16.4oz canister and 8.0oz canister when on butane. It produces 7,200 BTU, which is enough output to help you cook a wide variety of foods. This stove comes with a built-in piezo auto-ignition feature, eliminating the need for traditional matches and lighters. There is an instruction manual included to guide you on installation and ease of use. The stove is compact and lightweight, making it well suited for outdoor camping or home emergency. Also, it is easy to clean and to maintain; thanks to the easy-to-clean enamel surface and dripping tray.
- It has safety features to enable you to buy with confidence
- The dual-fuel design provides users with more versatility
- The stove boasts a built-in windshield to prevent the flame from being extinguished by wind
- It has a cheap build but highly functional
How to Choose the Best Portable Butane Stove
Below are some of the features you need to pay attention to when shopping for the best portable butane stove.
Although all these butane stoves are portable, the portability varies significantly from one unit to another. To ensure the one you buy is portable, consider if it is compact and lightweight. At the same time, it should come with a carrying case to allow for convenient storage and portability when not in use.
Ease of Use and Cleaning
The best portable butane stove is one that is as easy to clean as it is easy to use. Butane stove that is easy to use comes with an electric ignition system for an automatic and simple startup. Also, it should come with an instruction manual to make your work much easier. And for the ease of cleaning, consider a stove with a smooth finish and drip tray.
Most portable butane stoves are meant for outdoor use. And since the outdoor environment tends to be windy, it may interfere with the flame, and worse still, extinguish it from time to time. To prevent this from happening, you need to go for a stove that comes with a built-in windshield that prevents the wind from extinguishing the flame.
Portable butane stoves work exactly as your gas stoves at home, except that they come in compact packages. This means that the stove produces a flame that is hot enough to allow you to cook delicious meals properly without all the weight, especially while you are camping. And they make for superb home emergency cooking stoves. That is why you should check out our top 10 reviews and discover which stove will meet all your needs.