Top Best Portable DVD Player for Kids in 2019
Kids get bored pretty fast, and that’s why you need to get them the best portable DVD player for kids. Compact and lightweight, portable DVD players are easy to carry around when you and your young one are on a road trip. Top quality DVD players are highly compatible, and, therefore, can work with DVD from different countries. They also have long-lasting rechargeable batteries to allow for endless entertainment and zero boredom until you reach your destination. In addition, well-made portable DVD players for kids have swivel screen to let you attach them easily on the back of the car headrest. Since they can be difficult to identify, we provide you with the following reviews. Take a look.
Checkout the est Portable DVD Player for Kids in Reviews
1. DBPOWER 10.5” Portable DVD Player
The battery of a portable DVD player for kids must be high capacity for endless entertainment. That being said, DBPOWER has equipped this unit with 2,500mAh lithium rechargeable battery. The battery is high capacity, and, therefore, will let your little one enjoy their favorite movies up to 4 hours. Moreover, the DVD Player can be powered by an AC adapter as well as a car charger. And this means your kid will be entertained even when you guys are far away from home. The DVD player supports direct play of CD, VCD, DVD, DVD+RW/-RW, CD-R/RW, DVD-R/+R, and SVCD. Besides, it is compatible with max 32GB USB and SD cards for playing WAV/MP3/WMA, JPEG, DIVX/AVI/MPEG2. Plus it has an AV output that will let you connect it to a TV, so your kid can enjoy their movies on a big screen.
- Provides the best picture quality
- The sound quality is amazing
- Arrives well packaged for maximum protection
- The lifespan could be longer
2. DBPOWER 9.5-Inch Portable DVD Player
Like the first product on this list, the DBPOWER 9.5-Inch Portable DVD Player is equipped with a high-capacity 2,500mAh lithium rechargeable battery. Therefore, expect it to last for a long time. It is a battery-powered unit that can be charged via an AC power adapter or car charger. As such, it can be used anywhere at any time. The 9.5-inch 800*480 screen swivels and can be rotated 270 degrees as well as flipped 180 degrees. You can easily swivel it as a tablet and then attach it to a car headrest to help keep your kid occupied even when you are traveling. This DVD player also has the “Last Memory” feature that enables it to pick up from where it last left.
- Arrives quicker than expected
- The battery life is great
- The seller is impressive
- Lightweight and fairly compact
- The LCD screen is clear and the internal speakers work great
- It has some design and quality flaws. This, however, does not affect its performance
3. COOAU 11.5” Portable DVD Player
Your kid will enjoy their favorite movies up to 5 hours when the battery of this DVD player is fully charged. This is because the 2500mAh lithium rechargeable battery is high capacity. Furthermore, this unit can be charged either by a car charger or an AC power adapter. You can, therefore, use it to entertain your young one even when you are on a road trip. The DVD Player comes with a lot of accessories including a Game Joystick, a remote controller, a user manual, an AV cable, and, of course, a power adapter. It is compatible with DVD+R (-R), VOB, DVD+RW (-RW), AVI, CD-R (RW), MPEG, SVCD-R (RW), MP3, CD, and VCD. Moreover, it supports USB and SD card.
- Has good sound and visual quality
- Easy to use and has a great battery life
- Light in weight and has pretty color options
- Makes a great Christmas gift
- The build quality could be better
4. DR. J Professional 9.5 inch Portable DVD Player
DR. J Professional produces this portable DVD player to keep you and your kids entertained to the fullest while you are on the go. The DVD Player comes equipped with a 9.5” 800*480 flexible swivel screen that can be rotated 270 degrees and flipped 180 degrees for a superb viewing experience. Ideally, the screen can be attached to a car headrest to make road trips much more fun. The video player is compatible with all regions of direct play various discs. These include CD, VCD, DVD, DVD+RW/-RW, DVD-R/+R, CD-R/RW, and SVCD. It also works with USB flash disks and SD cards (up to 32GB) for playing WAV/MP3/WMA, JPEG, DIVX/AVI/MPEG2.
- The customer service is excellent
- The screen quality and size are perfect for movies
- Comes with all the crucial accessories
- Instructions are easy to follow
- Arrives nicely packaged for maximum protection
- The volume is a little too low
5. DBPOWER 14” Portable DVD Player
This is another great product by DBPOWER. It boasts a “Last Memory” function that enables it to play from the last scene it left from. Moreover, it supports DVD from different countries to allow your kid to enjoy his movies regardless of where he is. Another crucial feature this video player has is the AV output that will let you connect to a TV for maximum enjoyment on the big screen. The DVD Player is powered by 2,800mAh rechargeable lithium battery, which is high capacity. On a full charge, the battery lasts up to 3 hours. In addition, it has a super large screen, which is 14 inches wide. The screen boasts 270-degree rotation and 180-degree flip for convenient viewing.
- The swivel feature of the screen is great
- Allows users to view on a USB or SD card
- The picture quality is unrivaled
- Comes with a wall and car charger
- The battery life is not what is advertised; it is short
6. Pyle 15” Portable DVD Player
Your kid should not get bored while you are traveling. Simply get them a high performance portable DVD player for kids like the Pyle 15” Portable DVD Player. It is lightweight and compact; thus, it can be carried anywhere and used anytime. Furthermore, it has a folding display monitor that combines with the swivel adjustable design to suit your best viewing angle. It comes with an SD memory card as well as a USB flash memory, so you can use it immediately you get it out of the box. It also comes with a remote controller to let you control it even while you are far away, as well as a car-powered AC adapter to help you power it while you are on a road trip.
- Convenient enough to be carried anywhere
- Produces crystal clear pictures
- The hand remote control is easy to use
- Easy to operate and produces amazing sound
- Could have better volume function
7. UEME 10.1 Inch Portable DVD CD Player
UEME is a professional manufacturer and a supplier of several supermarkets. It makes top quality DVD Players, and this one is no exception. It has a lightweight, anti-shock design that makes it extremely easy to carry. What’s more, this DVD CD player is equipped with a 10.1” TFT LCD screen that has an HD 1024*600 resolution to provide your child with clear pictures. This unit also has two built-in 1.5W stereo speakers to provide your son/daughter with great sound quality. The video player is compatible with several DISC types, which are DVD, HDCD, CD-R, DVD-RW, CD, DVD-R, SVCD, Music-CD, EVD, Audiobook-CD, VCD, Picture-CD, and Mp3-CD. Also, this video player will let you play the supported multimedia files through the SD card slot and USB port.
- Easy to use and designed to be ergonomic
- Produces clear pictures and the sound is loud enough
- The screen can be easily adjusted
- The remote control could be better
8. UEME 9” Portable DVD CD Player
UEME produces top-rated and portable DVD players for kids. And one of them is this 9-inch portable DVD CD Player. It is compatible with such DISC types as SVCD, EVD, DVD, Picture-CD, DVD-R, Mp3-CD, Audiobook-CD, Music-CD, HDCD, CD-R, and CD. The DVD player for kids has a 9” TFT LCD screen with a resolution of 800*480. Additionally, it has built-in stereo speakers as well as a high-capacity rechargeable lithium battery to let your kid enjoy their movies for long hours. The video player is easy and convenient to carry. And this is because it is lightweight and anti-shock. It fits conveniently in backpacks and luggage for maximum reliability.
- The manufacturer stands behind their products
- Produces excellent pictures and sound
- One charge offers more than 3 hours of play time
- The quality seems outstanding
- The screen is rotatable for convenient viewing
- Arrives well protected and packaged
- May come with minor flaws, but the manufacturer’s customer service is exceptional
9. ieGeek 11” Portable DVD Player
A lot of technologies are used in DVD players to enable them to play discs smoothly. That said, ieGeek has equipped this video player with an anti-shock design to help keep the player reading disc stable when you are on a trip. ieGeek has also made the DVD player highly compatible. Well, it is a region-free DVD player for kids that can decode innumerable DVD formats such as CD-R(W), SVCD-R(RW), VCD, DVD+RW(-RW), CD, DVD+R(-R), DVD etc. The DVD player has two earphone jacks that will let both of your kids enjoy the same movie with two different sets of earphones. This will help prevent scrambling between the kids. When fully charged, the DVD player offers up to 5 hours of play time.
- Available in a variety of great colors
- Incredibly easy to use
- The screen swivels for easy viewing
- Works out of the box; it comes with a wall plug-in and a car adapter
- The build quality is not the best
10. Spacekey Portable DVD Player 9”
They say the most convenient way to keep your kid quiet (in a good way, of course) is to keep them entertained. Well, when it comes to keeping your kids entertained during a trip, then one of the things you should consider is this portable DVD player 9” from Spacekey. It can be effortlessly attached to the back of a car headrest. This is because its screen can be rotated 270 degrees and flipped 180 degrees. Besides, this video player is built to last. And we can tell this through the premium materials used to make it. Furthermore, the unit is equipped with an improved 2500mAh rechargeable battery that has a long life to provide your little one with up to 5 hours of entertainment.
- Produces fairly great picture quality
- Great purchase for the fairly inexpensive price
- Easy to use and produces good sound quality
- The manual leaves a lot to be desired
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Portable DVD Player for Kids
Here are some factors that will further help you find a suitable portable DVD player for your child.
Large screens provide great image quality but again, they tend to take too much room and can be more expensive than relatively smaller screens. So, when buying based on the screen size, choose according to your budget and needs.
Unlike screen size, there is no bargain when it comes to screen quality; you must find the best one. Luckily, the portable DVD players we have reviewed above have impressive screen resolutions such as 800*480, 1024*600, and more.
The battery life of your kid’s DVD player should take the shortest time possible to fully charge. Plus it should be high capacity in the sense that it can last up to several hours. With that said, try to get a DVD player with a battery that can last at least 3 hours.
If possible, go for a portable DVD player that is region free i.e. a DVD player that is compatible with discs from different countries. Such DVD players ensure convenience, given that they work with all disc types, including CD, VCD, DVD, DVD+RW/-RW, CD-R/RW, DVD-R/+R, SVCD etc.
You need the above portable DVD players for kids to quell the “are we there, yet?” They are high performing devices that have all the tools in their locker to keep your kids entertained anywhere, anytime. They are compatible with several discs (if not all) and they deliver crystal clear images not to mention having good sound quality. As such, whichever you will choose will be a hit.