Gone are the days when a calculator could only help you perform simple mathematical problems like addition and subtraction. Today, you can solve any math problem; thanks to the invention of a scientific calculator. Compared to a standard calculator, a scientific calculator has multiple features that can help you tackle complex math like calculus, algebra, and statistics. Most of them have large displays to show you the equation and result at the same time. Besides, the display is very clear and shows the figures exactly as they appear in textbooks. With all these functionalities, scientific calculators are designed differently to suit various calculation needs. The following top 10 best scientific calculators in 2019 reviews provide premium brands that you can buy. Let’s get started.
List the Best Scientific Calculators in Reviews
1. Texas Instruments TI-84 Calculator
Preloaded with interactive geometry software and CabriJr, the Texas Instruments TI-84 Calculator is ideal for mathematics and science. It is equipped with advanced functions accessible through pull-down display menus. This calculator engages students by enabling them to enter fractions and equations exactly as they appear on printed texts and on the board. It offers limitless functionality including inequality graphing and real-world data collection and analysis. Moreover, this calculator operates on 4 AAA batteries which are powerful and long-lasting.
- Offers vertical and horizontal split screen options
- It is easy to use with great functions
- Great for standardized texting
- This calculator is a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for
2. Texas Instruments TI-30X Scientific Calculator
Crafted with a 2-line display, the Texas calculator TI-30X shows entries at the top and results at the bottom simultaneously. The calculator boasts arrow keys at the front to enable you to edit the original equation for recalculation. Likewise, pressing the arrow keys severally allows you to browse through previous calculations to help you find the answer to a problem. In addition to using batteries, this calculator can as well be powered by solar energy.
- Ideal for general mathematics and science
- Has a nice big display that is easy to see
- Simple, straight to the point, and great for the price
- The numbers are not eligible; your eyes should be perpendicular for you to see them clearly
3. Texas Instruments TI-36X Pro Calculator
For a scientific calculator that will allow you to convert decimals, fractions, and pi into alternate representation, consider the Texas TI-36X Pro Calculator. This device is equipped with a large display that shows multiple calculations on the screen at the same time. It is ideal for high school and college students due to its numerous convenient features. This calculator shows the math symbols and expression just like they appear in textbooks. Besides, it runs on solar power; hence, it is cost-effective.
- Performs integrals and derivatives
- It takes up less space on the screen and looks cleaner
- The calculator is very user-friendly
- Best non-graphic calculator for the money
- The protective cover is hard to get in and out
4. Texas Instruments TI-30XS Calculator
The Texas Instruments TI-30XS Calculator is ideal for high school math and scientific calculations. It is designed with unique features to enable you to enter more than one calculation, compare results, and explore patterns on the same screen. This calculator has a toggle key to allow you to convert fractions and decimals in alternate forms. It also has a math print feature to help you enter calculations in common math, exponents, and exact square roots. Additionally, this calculator has an efficient memory that will let you scroll through previous entries and critical patterns.
- Very easy to operate with a great readout
- Provides exactly what you’d want in a scientific calculator
- The calculator includes table functionality
- The display is so dark that it can be hard to read at times
5. Casio fx-115ES Scientific Calculator
If you want a calculator that displays figures exactly as they appear on textbooks, you should buy the Casio fx-115ES. It has a multi-replay function to allow you to review previous calculations step by step. It also features multiple functions to enable you to perform complex number calculation, linear regression, and standard deviation, among others. As a result, it makes a perfect choice for college students learning math and high school students.
- Allows you to recalculate answers and edit expressions
- It is extremely versatile with several functions
- The instruction book included is very useful
- It’s a bit confusing to use at fast, but it gets easier with time
6. HP 35s Scientific Calculator
The HP 35s Scientific Calculator is lightweight with a sleek design, making it suitable for surveyors, students, and doctors. With a 30kb memory, this calculator will let you work well to give you instant results. It has a large display with the option to adjust and contrast the brightness. Plus it is operated with two CR2032 batteries, which are long-lasting to give you several uses before replacing them. What’s more, this model comes with a 1-year warranty to boost your confidence in buying it.
- Holds numerous programs for engineering
- This calculator has RPN mode which is nice
- Useful and works great
- The keys are not of the best quality
7. Casio fx-300MS Scientific Calculator
Featuring an efficient key layout, the Casio fx-300MS Scientific Calculator is very easy to use. It is loaded with multiple features in a solid construction to enable it to perform all the functions you may need. The large 2-line display accommodates 10 digits and shows the problem together with the answer all at once. This calculator is solar powered to save the cost and the inconvenience of replacing batteries. In addition, it is equipped with a backspace key to allow you to erase an error made during input.
- The price is reasonable
- Works well and “streaming of entries help locate and correct errors
- The calculator’s buttons are easy to dial
- The on/off buttons are way too far apart
8. Casio fx-260 Scientific Calculator
If you want a scientific calculator that can stand the test of time, go for the Casio fx-260. This is because it comes with a hard protective case to help protect it from sudden falls. The calculator has a wide display that can accommodate up to 10 digits with a 2-line display for easy viewing. Moreover, it provides long life and dependability for prolonged use. It is also loaded with over 140 features to enable you to perform complex mathematics.
- This calculator is fast, simple, and reliable
- It is reasonably priced
- Works fine and the buttons are easy to press
- It could have been better if it were both solar and battery-powered
9. Casio Scientific Calculator (FX-115ES)
With over 279 functions, the Casio Scientific Calculator (FX-115ES) offers everything you’ll need for most mathematical calculations. The 2-line textbook display, for instance, can show fractions and square roots the same way they appear in the textbook. This calculator is versatile and can be used in physics, calculus, engineering, as well as statistics. Additionally, it comes with an instructional manual and quick reference guide for easy use.
- It runs on a watch battery that is easy to find
- Has every function you need for front-line industrial work
- The equations you type are exactly as you see them
- Produces answers in fractions all the time
10. Casio fx-300ES PLUS Scientific Calculator
For a calculator that will show you results exactly as they appear on textbooks, consider the Casio fx-300ES PLUS. It has a wide multi-line display that allows for important multi-replay functionality. This calculator is intuitive and easy to use; therefore, it is ideal for college and high school students. It is powered by both solar and battery to provide you with peerless convenience. Moreover, the calculator is approved for use on SAT, AP, PSAT/NMSQT, and ACT exams.
- User-friendly and works pretty fast
- The buttons are sturdy and can hold up well
- Has so many functions to let you solve math problems
- The buttons do not appear straight
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Scientific Calculator
Finding the best calculator can be difficult if you don’t have any idea of what to look for specifically. The following guideline has 3 of the most important things to consider. Take a look.
When shopping for the best scientific calculator, check if it has a widescreen that offers a large display. This will allow you to see the equation and the answer all at the same time. Therefore, consider calculators with a multi-line display such as a 2-line display.
To get the most out of the calculator you buy, ensure it has a long battery life. A scientific calculator with a long battery life is a good investment because it is reliable. You can use it for several uses before the battery runs out. Similarly, you can consider a calculator that is powered by both battery and solar energy, as this is much convenient.
Before buying a calculator, you should check if it can help you perform your initial purpose. For example, if you want a calculator for graphing, make sure you go for a calculator that can plot and produce graphs. Likewise, consider if the calculator can revisit your calculation history for more convenience.
Mathematics can be hard and sometimes it has complex equations that may take you ages to solve using your brain. With a scientific calculator under your sleeve, no calculation can be too complex to tackle. Instead, everything becomes simple and solving mathematical problems only takes a few minutes. The above reviews and guideline will help you find the best calculator for all your needs.