Shaving is and will always be part of the morning routine for most men. But, doing it right is important as it not only leaves you looking good with a clean and smooth shave but also helps to prevent nicks and cuts. And as you are shopping for your shaving supplies, shaving soap is one of the most important things to get to ensure a clean and smooth shave.
Some men do not put much thought into shaving soaps, and they can even use regular soap but this is never a good idea. However, even with shaving soap, you need to make sure that you get the best quality with good ingredients and a rich lather. And with our top 10 best shaving soap reviews below, finding your perfect soap should be easy.
Check out the Best Shaving Soap Reviews
1. Proraso Shaving Soap
With the dense and creamy lather that you get from this shaving soap, you can always be confident of getting an unforgettable shaving experience. The soap is very useful for preparing the skin before a shave so that you always make smooth and close shaves without nicks and cuts. It comes in a large can that can work as a bowl, and it is made with natural ingredients with no animal products. Also, it contains eucalyptus to help purify and tone the skin and menthol that will leave you with a cooling and refreshing sensation.
- Dense and creamy lather
- Highly affordable
- Keep skin soft for a close shave
- Easy to apply
- Contains menthol for a refreshing and cooling sensation
- Bowl does not have a good seal
2. Henry Cavendish Long Lasting Himalaya Shaving Soap
This soap is formulated to create a rich and long lasting lather easily for enjoyable and smooth shaves. It will soften your beard to make it possible to get a super close shave, and it is also formulated to soothe and comfort your skin. But the best thing about it is that it is made with minimal all-natural ingredient, and with no artificial colors of fragrance. It is not an oily shaving soap but it will not irritate or dry your skin which makes it also ideal for mean with sensitive skins.
- Creates rich lather easily
- All-natural ingredients
- Long lasting lather
- Not an oily soap
- Does not dry or irritate the skin
- Comes as a bundle with a brush or bowl for great savings
- The scent might not be appealing for some men
3. Proraso Sensitive Skin Shaving Soap
Proraso formulates this shavings soap for men that have sensitive skin, and it is meant to be gentler on the skin while still providing a close and smooth shave. Like most of their other shaving soap formulations, it will produce a rich and creamy lather fast that will help to calm and smoothen the skin before shaving. Also, it is up 95% all-natural and it does not contain parabens, silicone or mineral oils. And most men will love the fact that there is a lot of product in the container to last for a few months and hence saving them some cash.
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- Produces rich and thick lather
- Calms and smoothens the skin
- Does not contain parabens or silicones
- No mineral oils
- Plenty of product in the tin
- Thickness means you have to rinse razor more and for longer
4. Col.Conk Shave Soap
For a pack of 4 shaving soaps, it is hard to get a better deal than this as you not only get lots of soap but they are also quite affordable. But, the best thing about them is that they all come in different scents. And while the shaving soaps might not produce a lather that is as thick as the more expensive and high-end types, it should still be more than enough for shaving. Also, it is easy to apply with a brush and it is formulated to soothe the skin and without any harsh chemicals.
- Variety of fragrances
- Thick and rich lather
- Easy application with a shaving brush
- Great cash value for a 4-pack
- The pack sizes make them great for travel
- Still not as thick as other more expensive shaving soaps
5. Men’s Soap Company Shaving Soap
The mild and delightful scent is one of the key things that make this shaving soap stand out because many men hate overpowering scents. Also, it is made from all-natural and minimal ingredient to make it gentle on the skin even for those with sensitive skins. It will produce a thick and creamy lather and it is formulated to moisturize the skin for smooth shaving, and it will never dry out your skin. There are also no toxins or parabens on the soaps, and it will come with an unconditional satisfaction guarantee for a risk-free buy.
- Mild and delightful scent
- All-natural minimal ingredients
- Produces thick enough and creamy lather
- Moisturizing for most skin types
- It does not dry out skin
- Comes with an unconditional satisfaction guarantee
- Might not impress the men that prefer a sharper scent
6. Proraso Moisturizing and Nourishing Shaving Soap
While this Proraso shaving soap is not completely all-natural it still has a safe and gentle formulation that does not include any parabens, mineral oils or artificial colors. And it is made to soften even the thickest beards. Also, the soap will always leave you with a moisturized and softened skin. But the soothing and calming effect of the sandalwood oil is probably what many users will love most. However, it also produces good enough lather, and you should enjoy your shaving experiences more and get a closer shave.
- Will soften even the thickest beard
- Formulated to moisturize and nourish
- Rich soap that produces an excellent lather
- Calming and soothing
- Does not contain mineral oils or artificial colors
- Fragrance needs some improvement
7. The Blades Grim Gold Luxury Men’s Shaving Soap
If you are one of those men that prefer using more authentic products, this is the shaving soap for you as it is handmade with enough attention to every detail. This luxurious soap is formulated from all-natural ingredients to ensure that it works for any man regardless of his skin type or sensitivity. And it will create a nice and thick lather in seconds to speed up shaving. Also, it has a sweet and very appealing scent that lasts long after the shave.
- Handmade for a more authentic product
- Luxurious shaving soap
- All natural ingredients
- Creates a nice and thick lather fast
- Sweet and long-lasting scent
- Container design can make it a little hard to hold when loading your brush
8. Lather and Wood Shaving Co Sandalwood Shaving Soap
A large 4.07oz bottle of high-quality shaving soap like this will last for several months, and this is more so given the fact that you only need to scoop a little of it to get more than enough lather. Also, it is a handcrafted product with attention to every minor detail to ensure the best quality possible. It is also formulated with all-natural ingredients that are gentle on any skin type and will work perfectly with all kinds of shaving razors and brushes. And it has a pleasant sandalwood scent that lasts long after the shave.
- Lots of product to last many months
- Handcrafted for the highest quality
- Works perfectly with all razor types
- Pleasant and long-lasting sandalwood scent
- Produces dense and slippery lather
- Scooping soap from can takes long as it is tightly packed
9. Sire Hare Men’s Shaving Soap
You can almost never go wrong with any handmade shaving soap as most are made to ensure the best quality. This particular one also leaves up to this reputation, and it comes in a large 8-ounce container with 4 ounces of product to ensure it lasts long and also eliminate the need for a shaving bowl. Also, the natural formulation of this soap makes it ideal for all skin types including the sensitive ones, and the old-fashioned barbershop scent will appeal to most men.
- Lubricates any razor type
- Large container eliminates the need for shaving bowl
- Lots of product in the container to last dozens of shaves
- Handmade to ensure the best quality
- Great for all skin types
- Old fashioned barbershop scent is quite pleasant
- Its scent will not last long after the shave
10. Van Der Hagen Deluxe 12-Pack Shaving Soap
For a pack of 12, this is one of the cheapest shaving soaps out there. The small container size and r resealable design also make them ideal for traveling. And the gentle formulation works well even for dry skin and it is also hypo-allergenic to make it ideal for those with sensitive skin types. Also, the soap contains 40% moisturizing ingredients to help maintain the skin’s natural moisture, and it will soften even the thickets and hardest beard to make it easier to shave and ensure a close shave.
- Works well even for dry skin
- Highly effective in smoothening heavy beard
- Formulated to maintain skin’s natural moisture
- Hypo-allergenic formulation
- Small pack size is great for traveling
- Does not lather as much as other top brands
A good shaving soap is one of the best gifts that any man can get, and with our top 10 reviews above for recommendations, finding it should now be easy. All you now need to do is pick one that appeals most to you, try it out and let us know how it goes in the comments section below.