Top Best Shipping Label Printer in 2019
Clearly labeling your parcel and packages is a simple but highly effective way of keeping them safe while in transit and ensuring they end up in the right destination. And although there are many things that you need to ensure proper labeling, a shipping label printer is by far the most important one.
With a good shipping label printer, you will have an easier time with the labeling and it can also save you cash by getting the job done first and eliminating the need to rent a printer. And to help you get one, here are our top 10 best shipping label printers.
View the Best Shipping Label Printers in Reviews
#1. DYMO 450 Turbo Label Printer
The 450 Turbo label printer by Dymo is designed to not only be highly convenient and fast but also more cost-effective. Its cost-effectiveness emanates from the fact that it is a thermal printer which means that you will never need any expensive inks or toners to use it. Also, there are no monthly fees, contracts or commitments that you need to make which makes this an even more cost-effective printer. And it will work with any PC that uses Windows 7 and above or Macs with 10.9 OS and above. The printing is also super fast and crystal clear and the printer will come in a sleek and compact design.
- No monthly fees or commitments
- Does not require pricey inks and toners
- Works with most windows and IOS versions
- Crystal clear printing
- Superfast printing capability
- Sleek and compact printer design
- The software needs some improvement
#2. DYMO LabelWriter Thermal Label Writer
A widely compatible Dymo thermal printer that is designed to print labels directly from most popular online retailers and will work with most windows and IOS versions. Also, it can print extra large labels and because it is a thermal printer, you will not need to pay for expensive inks or toners when using it. Setting it up is also super easy as the manufacturer provides detailed instructions, and there are also many handy videos that you can use. And because it comes with a free starter roll, it will be ready for immediate use.
- Widely compatible printer
- Prints some extra-large labels
- More cost-effective thermal printing
- Easy to set up and use
- Free starter roll included
- Not a wireless printer
- A little more expensive
#3. DYMO Labelwriter Super Bundle
This 450 Turbo printer super bundle had to have a place on our list as it is just amazing. The value that you get from buying the bundle makes it an excellent choice as you will not only get a high-quality printer but also lots of different size rolls. But, the printer is still the highlight of the bundle as it prints fast and will always provide crystal clear images and graphics. Also, the labels are highly customizable to ensure you always get what you want, and you can create the labels directly from different programs which saves you a lot of time.
- Great value printer
- Precise and easy printing
- Highly customizable labels
- Creates labels directly from different programs to save time
- Crystal-clear printing
- No need to spend on ink and toners
- Poor label dispense button location
#4. Brother QL-700 Professional Label Printer
Brother is a highly reputable printer manufacturer and this fact alone should show you that their QL-700 label printer is a great choice. The printer is well-built, and it will provide ultra-first printing for both pre-sized labels and continuous length printing when you want to make other things like banners. This printer will not need any ink or toner and has a convenient drop-in roll to make things easier for the user. And you can always be confident of getting more uniform and neat labels as it has an automatic cutter.
- High-speed printing
- Does not need toner or ink
- Convenient drop-in roll
- More precise auto-cutter
- Can also print postages
- Allows for both pre-sized and continuous length printing
- Easy setup and with no software installation required
- Larger and heavier than it looks
- Software is hard to learn to use
#5. ROLLO High-Speed Thermal Printer
A high-speed printer like this one by Rollo will be perfect for you if your business ships a lot of stuff as it will ensure you will almost never have any downtime. Also, the printer is designed for convenience and to save you money as it will work with any thermal direct label to eliminate the need to buy proprietary labels. And because it is a thermal printer, you will not need to spend cash on inks and toners. Also, it works with all the major shipping platforms and with both Mac and Windows devices while also offering you wide-format label printing.
- Superfast printing
- Works with any thermal direct label
- Prints without the need for toners and ink
- Will work with all major shipping platforms
- Compatible with both Mac and Windows
- Wide-format label printing
- Does not work very well for international labels
#6. Brother QL-810W Label Printer
The model QL-810W is another ultra-fast shipping label printer from Brother that will be very useful for anyone that prints a lot of labels regularly. Its most impressive feature is the easy wireless network connectivity as it will allow you to print from almost any device. Also, it is a small and compact machine that you can easily carry around and will work with both Mac and Windows devices. This printer comes with an automatic paper cutter that will save you a lot of time and with convenient drop-in rolls.
- Ultra-fast printing
- Easy wireless network connectivity
- Cost-effective paper labels
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Convenient drop-in rolls
- Time-saving automatic cutter
- Android and IOS apps need a lot of improvement
#7. Fangtek Direct Thermal High-Speed Printer
An easy to set up printer that also does not take a lot of effort to use as this one is always a great choice as it makes the task a less hassle. Also, it is a multifunctional machine that is designed to print almost any label including barcodes and to accommodate various label formats and sizes. There is also no paper jam when using this printer, and it will always print in high resolution without requiring you to buy any expensive inks. And the printing process is faster than what you get with most similar label printers.
- Easy to set up and use
- Multifunctional printer
- High-speed printing capability
- Accommodates wide label formats
- Zero paper jams and sticking
- High-resolution printing
- Well-built and with long-lasting materials
- Not compatible with Apple OS
#8. Brother QL-800 Professional High-Speed Label Printer
If you prefer a printer that prints in two colors instead of the typical black printing that you get with most, the QL-800 by Brother is just what you need to buy. Like most of their other printers, it is designed for super-fast printing and to allow you to customize your labels so that they always come out exactly how you like them. Also, you will not need to spend on ink and toner as it is a thermal printer, and it is widely compatible to allow you to print from various devices and programs. The compact design of the label printer means that it takes up little space, and its automatic cutter will make the printing relatively faster.
- Superfast printing
- Dual-color label printing
- Customizable label design
- Does not need any toner or ink
- Compatible with multiple systems
- Compact and space-saving printer
- Automatic cutter for faster printing
- Lengthy setup
- Printing program takes some trial and error
#9. Brother QL-1100 Postage and Barcode Thermal Printer
Although the Brother QL-1100 can still be handy for printing various kinds of labels, it seems to excel when it comes to printing barcodes and for postage. And it has a handy automatic barcode crop function to help ensure that you get excellent quality barcodes. This thermal printer also has a USB host interface for improved connectivity and to let you print from a variety of devices. It will be compatible with wide format label designs to increase its versatility as you can print labels that are up to 4-inch wide, and with an automatic cutter, the process will be quicker and easier.
- Perfect for wide-format label printing
- Handy barcode crop function
- USB host interface for easy connectivity
- Compact design can fit anywhere
- Convenient automatic label cutter
- Quick and easy printing
- A little louder when printing
#10. MFLABEL Commercial Grade Printer
For those that print wider format labels, this commercial-grade printer will be a perfect choice as it is designed to print labels that are up to 4×6 inches. Also, the machine is compatible with both Mac and Windows which means that it will work for almost any device, and you can print from most online platforms including PayPal. Because it is a direct thermal printer, it will be more cost-effective as you will never need to spend cash on ink or toner. It’s ultra-speed printing ensures you can print more labels within a short time, and this is a quick machine to set up and it allows for easy paper adjustment.
- Works with wider thermal labels
- Compatible with both Mac and Windows
- The direct thermal printer will not require ink or toner
- Fast enough printing
- Compact design takes up less space
- Quick set up and easy paper adjustment
- Instructions can be hard to understand
A shipping label printer is always highly useful equipment to have around for those that do a lot of shipping as they ensure that your goods will go to the intended destination. With our in-depth reviews above to help you out, finding the perfect one for your business should no longer be a hectic process. And feel free to share this piece to help others find good shipping labels for their businesses.