Top Best Shower Curtain Liners in 2020 Reviews
The best shower curtain liners do a great job of preventing water from spilling on the floor. They also make sure that shower curtains are not affected by mold and mildew buildup. Given the role they play, shower curtain liners are worthy of every penny. But before you pick one, it is recommended that you go through a number of reviews. This is because shower curtain liners are available in various sizes, colors, and materials. You can, therefore, get a little confused about what you should settle for. In the following reviews, we bring you well-researched products that we are certain will not disappoint.
1. Hookless Liner Fabric Shower Curtain (RBH40MY231)
Hookless Liner Fabric Shower Curtain at a Glance:
- Color: White
- Snap-in liner
- Size of open shower curtain: 74” tall by 71”
The Hookless RBH40MY231 is the best shower curtain liner. That’s why it is understandably the first on our list. It has a patented hookless design that combines with integrated Flex-On Rings as well as fabric slits to allow it to slip quickly and easily on and off a rod. This shower curtain liner also features an ultrasonic-sealed hem that reduces the buildup of moisture. By so doing, the ultrasonic-sealed hem deters mildew and mold. The curtain liner is made of PVC-free PEVA, and it repels water for ultimate convenience.
- Easy to install with no hooks needed
- Looks good once installed
- The curtain gets a lot of compliments
- Lets in lots of light into the shower
- The quality of the fabric is not the best
Best For: If you are looking for a shower curtain that lets in light while providing the much-needed privacy, do not set your eyes off this one.
2. Carnation Home Fashions Extra Long Shower Curtain Liner
Carnation Home Fashion Fabric Shower Curtain Liner at a Glance:
- Size: 70 inches wide by 84 inches long
- Does not come with bar and rings
- Manufactured in China
We like the fact that this curtain liner is available in numerous colors to choose from. These colors include Ivory, White, Brown, Linen, and Sage. We also like the fact that this curtain liner is super long. At 84 inches long, this is no doubt the best shower liner you have ever come across. And the width of this liner is 70 inches, which is impressive as well. The curtain liner is water repellent and has a weighted hem to enable it to drop beautifully.
- The fabric can be washed
- The price is right
- Does not have toxic fumes
- Dries fast; hence, highly unlikely to have mildew
- The liner is delivered quickly
- Not as soft as expected
Best For: If you need total coverage from up to down, investing in this shower curtain is the best idea.
3. Kent & West – PEVA Shower Curtain Liner
Kent & West – PEVA Shower Curtain Liner at a Glance:
- Size: Standard (72 inches wide by 72 inches high)
- Made in the USA
This curtain liner is manufactured domestically under top-notch standards. For this reason, it is worth being regarded as the best fabric shower curtain liner on the market. Its features include 3 bottom magnets and high clarity, metal grommets. The curtain liner also has a 9-gauge film, which, in turn, features a smooth finish to make sure bacteria do not build up. The curtain liner is made of PEVA material that lacks chlorine and is much safer for your family. Other sizes this liner is available in are 72” by 84” and 84” by 72”.
- The liner seems durable
- Does not have any odor
- Remains spotless and free of dirt, mildew, and mold
- Customer service is amazing
- The magnets do not hold it in place as expected. But for the price, the liner is a good purchase
Best For: If you really get angered by liners that smell, this is the item to consider.
4. DeLaine’s Shower Curtain Liner – 72” x 72”
DeLaine’s Shower Curtain Liner at a Glance:
- No dangerous chemicals
- 100-percent PEVA
- No toxic odors
- Size: 72” x 72”
- 100-percent money-back guarantee
Just because it is a shower curtain liner does not mean you should settle for anything you come across. The best shower curtain liners should be a frontier for you because they are totally different from those poorly made curtain liners. One of these top-notch liners is the DeLaine’s Shower Curtain Liner. It is safe for the entire family because it is made of 100-percent PEVA, which is non-toxic and has no offensive smell. What’s more, this curtain liner is weighted, and, therefore, will stay in place.
- Does not stick to wet body
- The weighted design prevents water from escaping
- Machine washable for easy cleanup
- Does not mold and mildew
- Seems to dry quickly
- Costlier than most curtain liners, but it is worth it
Best For: This liner is a great investment for when you have little ones. It does not contain toxins or offensive smell.
5. CROSCILL Fabric Shower Curtain Liner – Linen
CROSCILL Fabric Shower Curtain Liner at a Glance:
- 100-percent polyester
- Measures 70 by 72 inches
- Weighted hem
- Machine washable
- Color: linen
The reason why we think this is one of the best shower liners is that it is extremely easy to care for. If you want to clean it, simply machine wash cold water, gentle cycle, use mild detergent, tumble dry low, and remove immediately. The manufacturer discourages users from bleaching the curtain liner. Ideally, you can cool iron if needed. The liner is made of 100-percent polyester, and it repels water. Plus it dries quickly between showers, thereby, giving mold and mildew no chance to thrive.
- Holds up well and lasts longer
- Comes out clean and nice-looking with each wash
- True to size and stays in place
- Hangs well and prevents water from getting out of the shower
- Metal grommets do not seem to be rustproof. Therefore, make sure you wipe out water on them before leaving the bathroom.
Best For: If you are looking for a curtain liner for a frequently used bathroom, this is what you should consider.
6. MAYTEX Fabric Shower Liner
MAYTEX Fabric Shower Liner at a Glance:
- Measures 70” by 72”
- Fits standard-sized shower/bathtub areas
- Water repellent
- Machine washable
- Weighted magnetic hem
If you think that it’s only a peva shower curtain that is water-repellent, think again. The MAYTEX Fabric Shower Liner is not made of PEVA yet light water will bead on the surface of its fabric and then glide down. The shower curtain boasts durable buttonhole construction that is compatible with many different styles of shower hooks and rings. It also features a weighted hem that keeps it close to the wall and prevents it from clinging on your wet body. The liner is machine washable, and this means it is super easy to care for.
- Repels water just fine
- Seems to be well made
- Works great for what it is designed for
- The fabric is a little too lightweight, but this is made up for by the weighted hem
Best For: This shower curtain liner is suitable for standard shower/bathroom areas.
7. Carnation Home Fashions Super Clear Extra Long Shower Curtain Liner
Carnation Home Fashions Super Clear Shower Curtain Liner at a Glance:
- 100-percent PVC
- Heavy 10 gauge PVC material
- Special anti-mildew formula
A shower curtain liner with a unique anti-mildew formula is definitely the best bet. The presence of mildew and mold on your curtain liner can be worrisome. That’s why we are thrilled to note that this shower liner has more than enough features to deal with mold and mildew. Besides, the curtain liner is made of a super-heavy (10 gauge), ultra-clear vinyl, which is easy to clean and repels water nicely. The curtain liner also features metal grommets that combine with a reinforced mesh header to prevent the heavyweight material from tearing as a result of everyday use.
- Works great in keeping water in
- Thick, heavy, and stays down
- Seems very sturdy and well made
- Resistant to mold as advertised
- The liner has uninviting smell when new, but this should not be a concern, as the odor normally goes away after roughly 3 days.
Best For: Tired of curtains that mold and mildew after just a few weeks? Try out this shower curtain liner.
8. Kimberly-Carl Home Designs THE SHOWER CURTAIN LINER
Kimberly-Carl Home Designs CURTAIN LINER at a Glance:
- 100-percent polyester
- 120-day money-back guarantee
- Size: Stall
- Color: White
- Eco-friendly and PVC-free
Some shower curtain liners do more than just prevent water from getting all over the bathroom. They also improve aesthetics in the bathroom. Well, the Kimberly-Carl Home Designs CURTAIN LINER is one of these liners. It displays a luxurious bright white tonal damask stripe pattern that instantly brings a Parisian style. In a nutshell, having this shower curtain liner will make you feel as if you are taking a bath in a Parisian-themed hotel or spa. The liner is made of machine washable PVC-free material for superior durability and performance.
- The liner is both mildew and mold resistant
- Comes well packaged and quality seems top-notch
- It has large well-designed grommets
- The liner is not the heaviest and may blow around when the AC is on
Best For: If you are looking for a shower curtain that is decorative and will improve the aesthetics of your bathroom, this brand is what you should settle for.
9. Croscill Fabric Shower Curtain Liner – White
Croscill Fabric Shower Curtain Liner at a Glance:
- Measures 70 by 72 inches
- Machine washable for easy care
- 100-percent polyester
- Weighted plastic hem
Although this liner is not a peva shower curtain liner, it is able to keep water at bay and make sure your bathroom stays clean and neat even when you have just enjoyed a vigorous bath. It has metal grommets on the upper hem for easy installation as well as featuring weighted hem to help keep it in place. The liner is made of 100-percent polyester, and this means it is very durable. It repels water and dries quickly to ensure ultimate convenience.
- Does not hold a lot of water
- The liner dries quickly
- Looks nice in the bathroom
- The rings for holding the cutting are not rustproof
Best For: If you don’t know exactly which liner to choose as far as color is concerned, we advise that you consider this particular item. It is white, meaning it is neutral, and, therefore, can go with almost any décor.
10. EPICA Shower Curtain Liner – Clear
EPICA Shower Curtain Liner (Clear) at a Glance:
- 100-percent risk-free warranty
- Rustproof grommet
- Reinforced nylon mesh header
- Treated to fight mold and mildew
It is safe to say that this curtain liner is the best shower curtain liner no mildew. This is because it is treated to resist mildew and mold for up to 24 months. And if you are thinking that the manufacturer is saying this simply to make the product sell out, you are wrong. The 2-year warranty that comes with this curtain liner proves that should an issue arise within the 2 years of purchase, the manufacturer will be happy to help. What’s more, the curtain liner is made of heavyweight vinyl that stays in place.
- Heavy, thick, and does not blow up
- Clear and lets in a lot of light
- The liner has good grommets
- Although the curtain liner is described as mildew-resistant, proper care must be observed lest it will mold and mildew faster than expected.
Best For: This curtain liner is perfect for those with kids and pets.
11. LiBa PEVA 8G Shower Curtain Liner
LiBa PEVA 8G Shower Curtain Liner at a Glance:
- 90-day no-questions money-back guarantee
- 12-month warranty
- Color: Frosted and Clear
- 12 rustproof grommets
There are different shower curtain liner sizes. For this reason, it can be quite hard to get what fits your bathroom flush. But with a size measuring 72 by 72 inches, the LiBa PEVA 8G Shower Curtain Liner is a safe purchase because it perfectly fits most standard bathrooms. The size enables it to work nicely with the best shower curtain to provide you with exceptional results. Moreover, this curtain liner has a reinforced header and 12 rustproof metal grommets. The reinforced header prevents tearing, thereby, ensuring long-lasting functionality.
- The price is super competitive
- The material is light yet sturdy
- The magnets at the bottom are weighty
- Holds up well to daily use
- Only has 3 magnets, but again, they are weighty and do their job as expected
Best For: Some curtains contain toxic that make them unsafe. So, if you really care for your family, you should consider this curtain liner.
12. LiBa PEVA Lightweight Shower Curtain Liner Set (Pack of 2)
LiBa PEVA Shower Curtain Liner Set at a Glance:
- 100-percent Non-toxic PEVA
- Each measures 72” by 72”
- Pack of 2 liners
An extra long shower curtain liner that is toxic-free and fits your bathroom perfectly is what you should go for. We are talking about these shower liners that measure 72 by 72 inches. Besides, these liners do not let off a chemical smell that is associated with most liners in the same class. They are also mildew resistant, and this means you will find them extremely easy to clean and maintain. The weighted hem ensures the longevity of these curtain liners as well as keeping them in place.
- Liners are well made
- They do not contain BPA and are washable
- Easy to set up
- Lighter when closing and opening
- Liners are odorless and arrive quickly
- The perforations to punch out the holes when hanging the liners the first time could be better
Best For: Those looking for a curtain liner to use by itself should consider this set.
13. AmazonBasics Vinyl Shower Curtain Liner with Hooks
AmazonBasics Vinyl Shower Curtain Liner at a Glance:
- Measures 72 by 72 inches
- Wipes clean
- 12 rustproof metal grommets
- For use with a shower curtain
We have seen from the other reviews that a fabric shower curtain liner can keep water at bay. The AmazonBasics Vinyl Shower Curtain Liner is obviously not a fabric liner but it does a great job of preventing splashes from getting out of the bathtub and onto the floor. Ideally, this clear shower curtain liner coordinates easily with the surrounding décor. Plus it is heat-treated to make sure it is not affected by mildew or mold. Having said that, expect this shower curtain liner to last for ages.
- Holes are strong enough to not rip when opened/closed
- Thick and heavy; hence, will not blow around
- The grommets line up perfectly
- Great for the price
- The hooks are easy and convenient to remove
- Has a smell, but this often disappears after a few days
Best For: This shower curtain liner is the best for those who like clear liners.
14. Caitlin White 10 Gauge Clear PEVA Shower Curtain Liner
Caitlin White 10 Gauge Clear PEVA Shower Liner at a Glance:
- 60-day no-reason-required money-back guarantee
- Fits standard-sized shower openings
A long shower curtain liner is good. But what if the curtain liner can resist mildew and mold? It definitely becomes the best, right? We are talking about the Caitlin White 10 Gauge Clear PEVA Shower Curtain Liner. Measuring the 72 by 72 inches, it is evident that the liner is not the longest even on this list alone. However, it is long enough to provide full coverage to any standard-sized bathroom. The curtain liner is also mildew resistant; hence, it is easy to clean and maintain.
- Easy to clean and seems to be of excellent quality
- Heavy duty and stays put
- The odor is low as advertised
- Magnets do not attract to the tub well, but this should not be a big issue because the liner hangs nicely and stays put
Best For: This curtain liner should be a frontier for you if you are looking for an eco-friendly liner that contains no toxins and other potentially dangerous substances.
15. LiBa Clear 10G PEVA Shower Curtain Liner
LiBa Clear 10G PEVA Shower Curtain Liner at a Glance:
- 90-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee
- 12-month warranty
- Rust-proof metal grommets
- No chemical smells
Although a cloth shower curtain liner works well, one main problem with most of them is that they easily mold and mildew. The same cannot be said about a PEVA shower curtain liner. That’s why we are glad to have this liner in these reviews. The manufacturer is so certain it will resist mildew that it provides a whopping 12-month warranty to protect against mildew buildup. What’s more, this curtain liner comes with rustproof metal grommets as well as reinforced header, which protects against tearing.
- Heavy duty and prevents mildew buildup
- The price is reasonable
- Very easy to clean
- A little too stiff
Best For: If you are too busy to get proper time to clean a curtain liner as advised by the manufacturer, this particular liner is for you. It is insanely easy to clean, as all you need to do is to wipe and rinse.
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Shower Curtain Liners
Before you buy a curtain liner for your bathroom, make sure you have all the dimensions of the bathroom. After that, go for a curtain liner with similar dimensions for a perfect fit.
In our opinion, you should pick a curtain liner made of PVC over those made of polyester. This is because PVC is easy to clean and maintain.
Just because a shower curtain liner is cheap does not mean you should settle for a poorly made product. Therefore, go for a liner that is resistant to mold and mildew buildup. Also, make sure your liner has rustproof grommets.
A curtain liner should not just be made of heavy-duty material but also it should have a weighted hem. This is because such curtain liners stay in place and will not cling to your wet body or get blown away when the AC is on.
Stepping out of the bathtub and seeing a pool of water on the floor is not a friendly sight. The first thing that comes to your mind is “Oh My God! That’s dangerous – someone can actually slip and bang their head silly on the floor”. It is for this reason we recommend that you go for a quality shower curtain liner.