Top Best Shuffleboard Tables in 2020
Keeping your family entertained while indoors is not always easy and this is more so when you do not want to watch a lot of television. Although there are many games that you can play most are the ones you have been playing for many years, and they are probably now monotonous. But, there are still some interesting ones that you can try such as shuffleboard that will be fun for the entire family.
Shuffleboard has been around for more than 500 years now, and its popularity has always been on the rise. Although it is the kind of game, you would expect to play on a cruise ship or recreational center it is also possible to do it at home. And one of the essential things that you need for this is the shuffleboard table.
As you go out to buy a shuffleboard table for your home the chances are it will be your first time and the many options out there will make things even more confusing for you. But with our reviews below of some of the best shuffleboard tables and handy buying guide you should have a less stressful time shopping for one.
#1. Playcraft Woodbridge Shuffleboard Table
If you are looking for and are hoping to buy a high-quality shuffleboard table that is also relatively affordable this one from Playcraft will be an excellent choice. The table has a solid hardwood-playing surface that is extra smooth thanks to the multiple coats of satin polyurethane that also create a fast playing surface. And it also has a sturdy and stable one-piece cradle that makes this a very long lasting table, and it will also include the playing equipment.
- Hardwood playing surface and cradle.
- Available in 9 and 12 14 and 16-foot lengths.
- 1-2-3 or 1-2-3-4 indoor scoring pattern depending on the length you choose.
- Color-coordinated carpet for the interior walls and floor finishing.
- Rigid and reinforced and double-paneled pedestal legs help to support the cradle.
#2. Atomic 9-Foot Shuffleboard Table
This 9-foot long shuffleboard table will not take up a lot of space in the room, but it is still a great addition to your collection if indoor games. It is also an inexpensive table that costs a fraction of what you would pay for many others, and it has a poly coated surface for smooth and fast puck action. And it uses some pedestal legs that have some levers that will offer optimum stability and a level playing surface.
- A classic game style that will fit even in small spaces.
- Pedestal legs with levers for stability.
- Abacus-style scoring.
- Includes eight red and blue pucks (4 each) puck and canister of wax.
- Durable black cloth lining.
#3. Hathaway Challenger Shuffleboard table
If you prefer to use a professional grade shuffleboard table at home, this product is for you. The table comes with a sleek playing surface with a polyurethane coating. And it also has a convenient built-in storage cabinet, and it is quite a stable and secure table thanks to the independent leg levelers. Another element that you cannot ignore on this shuffleboard table is the classic and vintage look that comes with the dark cherry laminate and antique bronze cabinet hinges.
- Hardwood butcher block playing surface.
- The lovely pedestal-style legs also act as a cabinet.
- Independent leg levelers for stability and flat playing surface.
- Integrated climatic adjusters.
- Antique bronze cabinet hinges on a classic and vintage appearance.
#4. Playcraft Coventry Shuffleboard Table
The rich espresso stain is the first element that will draw you to this table. But besides from attractive finish, the cradle is also solid hardwood for extended durability. And it will also include some unified horse collar ends. The playing surface is a solid hardwood butcher block, and so you can be sure that this shuffleboard table will be in your home for many years to come.
- Traditional 1-2-3 scoring pattern with some outlined block numbers.
- Solid hardwood cradle and solid hardwood butcher block playing surface.
- Available in 9, 12, 14 and 16-foot sizes.
- Carpeted walls and gutters.
- Playing equipment and authentic abacus scorers included.
#5. Playcraft Georgetown Shuffleboard Table
Playcraft is one of the industry leaders in the manufacture of shuffleboard tables, and this model is for someone looking for a sturdy and highly durable table. Like most other high-end shuffleboard tables it features a hardwood butcher block playing surface that is smooth, glossy and fast. And depending on the length that you pick you will get either 1-2-3 or 1-2-3-4 scoring pattern. There are also some climatic adjusters for shaping the profile of the playfield and double-paneled leg box legs with some storage.
- Sturdy, smooth and durable hardwood butcher block playing surface with multiple coats of polyurethane.
- Available in 12, 14 and 16-foot lengths and with 1-2-3 or 1-2-3-4 scoring pattern.
- Climatic adjusters will help players shape the profile of the playfield.
- You will also get all the playing equipment.
- Double-paneled box legs with storage cabinet.
- The 6-inch levelers to keep your shuffleboard table stable.
- Deluxe hardwood abacus scorers
How to Choose the Best Shuffleboard Tables
As you shop for something to replace your old shuffleboard table or buy one for the first time, you will notice that there are many options available. Picking something that will work for you is not always easy, but things should be less tedious if you keep the following vital points in mind.
Shuffleboard tables will come in a variety of sizes, and so this should be one of the first things to consider when shopping for one. Sizes will range between 9 and 22 feet, and the simple rule here is to go for something that fits the room well and leaves enough space for playing and other things.
The thickness of the table is always a vital factor to consider because thinner ones will not withstand the pressure that comes with regular use and can chip or crack. A shuffleboard table that is at least three inches thick is always the best, and the thickness is also handy when you want to refinish it in future.
When it comes to the materials, you will have to consider both the surface of the table and structure. For the surface materials, you should go for something with solid wood and not just a smooth and sparkling playing field. And when considering the cradle structure, the right idea is to go for sturdy hardwood such as maple.
Climatic adjusters are a critical component of the performance and durability of your shuffleboard table. They are in most cases just a simple bolt and screw that will let you change the slant or curvature of the table to go with the weather by tightening or loosening them.
A shuffleboard table will be a great addition to your home as it offers your family an additional source of entertainment. But, whether you are buying one for the first time or replacing what you have it is essential to make sure you get the best. And this should not be a problem if you follow our shopping guide above. Also, remember to take good care of the table and protect it from dust if you want it to serve you for long enough.