Top Best Steamer Cookware in 2020
According to nutritionists, steamed food has a lot of benefits. It helps preserve nutrients, minerals, and moisture. Ideally, steaming food requires little supervision and preparation is simple and quick. People are, therefore, encouraged to consume steamed foods on a regular basis. And one way you can achieve this is by having a steamer cookware right in your kitchen. Known for unmatched versatility, food steamers are ideal for steaming veggies, fruits, seafood, and more. They are also easy to use, with a good number of them boasting dishwasher-safe and BPA-free materials. A steamer is no doubt a must-have for anyone who is after healthy living.
Unfortunately, not all steamer cookware on the market are premium quality. This means you will have to do a little research before you decide on which brand you want to purchase. Well, we make your work easier by unveiling a comprehensive compilation that reviews the best steamer cookware in 2020. Like most quality steamers, units listed here are versatile and affordably priced for optimum satisfaction. We have also listed their features to make comparison quick and easy. Reading the compilation, therefore, will help you a lot by making sure you know what is good and what should be avoided.
#10. Farberware 3-Quart Saucepot and Steamer
If versatility and durability are anything to go by, then the Farberware 3-Quart Saucepot and Steamer is undoubtedly the best kitchenware on the market. It is a reliable unit that makes it easy to boil, heat, steam, and simmer a wide range of foods.
- Heavy 18/10 stainless steel construction: It promotes durability and adds elegance.
- Aluminum core: It is in the pot’s base, and it ensures even heating.
- Lifetime Warranty: Protects against manufacturer’s defects.
- Handles: They stay cool on stovetop and are oven-safe up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- BPA free and long lasting
- Offers a healthier way of cooking
- Takes too long to heat up, but once it does, it becomes useful.
#9. OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Steamer
Make freshly steamed vegetables within a cinch with the OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Steamer. It is a convenient steamer cookware that makes your life in the kitchen better. Ideally, you can use it to steam large items like fish fillets. Well, all you need to do is to remove the handle and remain with the entire basket.
- Telescoping Handle: It not only extends but also locks into position for transport and filling.
- Foldable feet: It makes storage a breeze.
- Handle hole: It is designed for fork, and it helps keep hands away from steam.
- Great for steaming vegetables
- Makes a great gift idea
- Easy to use
- Retains food odor, but this can be solved through thorough washing.
#8. Sunsella 5.5” to 9.3” Stainless Steel Vegetable Steamer
Get the best out of your vegetables and food with the Sunsella Stainless Steel Vegetable Steamer. It helps retain nutrients and minerals, which can be lost if you use other cooking methods. Furthermore, it is large enough to prepare family-sized meals.
- Sturdy stainless steel legs: They will not rust.
- Unique design: It expands to fit a variety of pot sizes.
- Removable central post screws: They make it easy to steam large items.
- Takes up less space
- Steams a variety of food
- Easy to store
- The handle is short, but this does not affect the overall performance.
#7. Cook N Home 02401 4-Piece Cooker Steamer
The Cook N Home 4-Piece Cooker Set comes with an 8-quart stock pot that includes a steamer insert, pasta insert, and tempered glass lid. In other words, this unit comes complete to make sure you have everything. Moreover, all the set’s pieces are dishwasher safe to make cleaning a breeze.
- Riveted Handle: It is strong and durable.
- Deep steamer insert: It holds large portions of steam vegetables.
- Encapsulate bottom: It has aluminum core in the bottom layer to help provide even heat distribution.
- Easy to clean
- Pot looks beautiful and is sturdy
- Reasonably priced
- Handles transmit heat, but this can be solved by using a hot pad when handling the steamer cookware.
#6. OXO Good Grips Green Silicone Steamer
Make steaming simple with the OXO Good Grips Green Silicone Steamer. With it, you will be able to prepare nutrient-rich foods which are good for your health. It is also perfect for pressure cookers, and this helps promote convenience.
- High walls: They prevent contents from falling into boiling water.
- Large center: It makes the steamer cookware perfect for fish fillets and other large-sized items.
- Silicone feet: They elevate, thereby, stabilizing steamer cookware over water.
- One-piece construction: Makes the unit easy to clean.
- Easy to clean
- Large enough to steam fish fillets and other large-sized items
- Product may arrive damaged, but the manufacturer always resolves this.
#5. Chef Craft Stainless Steel Steamer
Whether you want to steam vegetables or seafood, the Chef Craft Stainless Steel Steamer is the unit to go for. It comes equipped with numerous features that help enhance its performance. The time to eat healthier food is now.
- Expandable stainless steel basket: It expands from 6 inches to 9-1/2 inches for total convenience.
- Stainless steel construction: Makes the steamer sturdy and durable.
- Dishwasher-safe Material: It ensures quick and easy cleanup.
- Unbeatable price
- Nice and sturdy
- Fits many Instant Pots
- The manufacturer should replace the loosely attached, free-swinging ring with a fixed, rigid one.
#4. Cuisinart 77-412 4-Piece Steamer Set
Cuisinart started making professional cookware more than 30 years ago. And today, they are one of the most reliable companies in producing top quality kitchenware. Well, one of these products is the Cuisinart 77-412 4-Piece Steamer Set that makes family meals memorable and entertaining.
- Tight-fitting 18/10 stainless steel lid: It seals in nutrients for healthy cooking experience.
- 18/10 stainless steel handles: They stay cool and are strong.
- Encapsulated aluminum pot bottom: It gets rid of hotspots and ensures even heating.
- Dishwasher safe
- Preserves nutrients
- Fold handles make it difficult to fill the strainer to its maximum capacity; otherwise, the steamer works great.
#3. Victorio Kitchen Products VKP1130 Multi-Use Canner
Most nutritionists will agree with me that canning is the time-tested way to preserve your produce. Well, to achieve this effortlessly, you need the VKP1130 Multi-Use Canner from Victorio Kitchen Products. It comes equipped with a large pot that’s ideal for soups and other projects.
- 5-year warranty: Protects against manufacturer’s defects and workmanship.
- Built-in Temperature Indicator: It has 3 elevation zones, and it helps make timing easy.
- Double-sided stainless steel canning rack: It allows you to process by steam or water bath method.
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
- Generous capacity
- Saves money
- The canner is not deep, but it holds 7-quart jars, meaning this should not be a concern.
#2. Piranha Fish Inc Vegetable Steamer
Do you want to upgrade your cooking in that you are able to retain your food’s nutrients and minerals? The Piranha Fish Inc Vegetable Steamer is the go-to product. It is a highly versatile kitchenware that’s great for making seafood, vegetables, and fruits.
- Solid base: It holds the steamer out of the boiling water.
- Compact design: The steamer takes up little space and is easy to store.
- Long handles: They lock together and stay under the pot for optimum convenience.
- Easy to clean
- BPA-free and dishwasher-safe
- Retains food odor, but thorough washing helps resolve this.
#1. Granite Ware 6317-1 19-Quart 2-Tier Steamer
The Granite Ware 6317-1 19-Quart 2-Tier Steamer brings convenience and versatility to your kitchen. It is ideal for steaming vegetables, fruits, lobsters, and more. In addition, the steamer is loaded with features that help enhance its performance.
- Side loop handles: They are on each side for safe and secure transport.
- Domed lid: It helps trap nutrients, moisture, and heat.
- Carbon steel: It has porcelain-enamel coating for superior durability.
- 2-Tier Design: Brings convenience and versatility.
- Large enough
- Reasonably priced
- May arrive damaged, but the manufacturer is always ready to solve this.
Nutritionists advise that we take foods rich in nutrients, vitamins, and minerals on a daily basis because this helps fight diseases, especially health-related illnesses. But when we cook our foods for a long time, we tamper with the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Well, this makes the food lack enough nutrients to sustain us. The good news is you can use a steamer to help prevent this. The unit is specially designed for steaming such foods as vegetables, fruits, and seafood, among others. It is affordable yet high performing to help bring in the much-needed convenience and versatility.