The best streaming device for TV is designed to make life easier. It eliminates the need for cable, which can be very expensive in the long run. What’s more, streaming devices for TV do not have any subscription or hidden taxes. And this means once you have paid for it, that’s it, no extra charges. Streaming devices for TV will let you access channels on Netflix, Hulu, VUDU, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, and more. However, like most popular products, streaming devices for TV are very many in the market. That’s why we urge you to read the following reviews before making up your mind to choose one.
Lists of the Best Streaming Device for TV in Reviews
1. Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K with all-new Alexa Voice Remote
We can confidently say that this streaming device for TV is one of the most powerful units in the market. It boasts a new antenna design that is Wi-Fi-enabled and optimized for 4K Ultra High-Definition Streaming. The unit also comes with an all-new Alexa voice control to allow you to watch and control content with much ease. It is a high-performance TV streaming device that will take your home entertainment to another level by presenting you with a golden opportunity to enjoy Netflix, CBS All Access, SHOWTIME, Prime Video, STARZ, and Hulu. The Amazon Fire TV stick 4K Streaming Device will also allow you to stream for free with IMDb Freedive, Pluto TV, and others.
- The power button the remote does a lot
- Faster than previous models of fire sticks
- There are lots of shows to watch on it
- Movies for rent could be in their own separate category
2. Roku 3600R Streaming Stick – HD Streaming Player
The quad-core processor that comes with this streaming device for TV is what makes it one of the best in its class. The processor is super powerful and combines with the fast dual-band wireless to deliver 8 times more processing power than ever before. The unit is reliable and will let you access Amazon, Google Play, Hulu, Netflix, VUDU, and more. Besides, it is portable, so you can use it with different HDTVs at home, in the dorm room or in the hotel room. This streaming device comes with a free Roku mobile app, which works with a smartphone or tablet to let you enjoy private listening via your Bluetooth or plug-in headphone.
- Installation is surprisingly easy
- The streaming is unbelievably smooth
- The app installs quickly and works nicely
- The app can be used as a remote control
- Small and compact for ultimate convenience
- It helps cut cable bill
- The remote could be better
3. Roku Express HD Streaming Media Player
Roku provides a High-Speed HDMI Cable to help make this streaming device for TV super easy to set up. They also include a remote with intuitive navigation. The device should be a frontier for you because through it, you will be able to enjoy more than 500,000 movies, shows, and TV episodes. Best of all, you will be able to enjoy all these without subscription or fees on the Roku Channel. Another reason why we are very impressed with this HD streaming media player is that it provides tons of streaming services from movies and series on SHOWTIME, HBO NOW, Prime Video, and Netflix to alternatives such as YouTube TV or Sling TV to live sports and news on ESPN, ABC News, and CBS News.
- The remote control works great
- The app has a headphone feature
- Comes with an HDMI cable
- No hidden taxes or subscription fees
- The price is affordable
- Tends to overheat
4. Roku Express – HD Streaming Player
Very few of these streaming devices for TV are left on Amazon stores. Well, this is because the device works great at what it is designed to do. Once you have paid for its price, expect no monthly rentals or any hidden taxes. Best of all, this HD streaming player is very affordable to the extent that you can buy it for all your TVs at home. It comes with a remote as well as boasting such great features as search across top channels and simple navigation. The Roku Express – HD Streaming Player provides quick access to over 450,000 movies, shows, and TV episodes across more than 4500 paid or free channels, Google Play, Hulu, Netflix, and YouTube.
- Perfect for someone who loves Roku products
- The small size makes it highly portable
- Comes with a strip of Velcro for attaching it to a TV
- The remote controller must be pointed at the device for it to work
5. NVIDIA Shield TV 4K HDR Streaming Media Player
The price point of this streaming device for TV is higher than those we have already reviewed. However, this is nothing, considering that the unit delivers a world-class performance. It is ultra fast and versatile enough to be used as a media server, game console, streamer, and smart home hub. Furthermore, this streaming media player is fully customizable in the sense that it keeps on evolving and getting smarter with new, innovative features. This streaming media player boasts stunning 4K HDR to let you enjoy Netflix, Vudu, and Amazon Prime Video. Plus it will provide you with the most immersive sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS-X surround pass-through. The streaming media player is compatible with both Amazon Echo and Alexa; hence, you can operate it hands-free.
- Comes with Netflix and Amazon streaming apps pre-installed
- Small and fast to ensure unmatched convenience
- The company backs it
- The remote would be great if it had dedicated buttons
6. Roku Streaming Stick+ HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device
Getting a streaming device for TV that is powerful and portable at the same time is not as easy as most people assume. That’s why we are delighted to note that this unit has both traits. It comes with an advanced wireless receiver that will provide you with 4 times the range as well as a stronger signal. Given its features, this device ensures smooth and consistent streaming. It comes with a voice remote with buttons for TV power and volume. Moreover, it delivers stunning picture quality, which is optimized for your TV with crisp details and rich color in HD/4K/HDR. The streaming device will let you enjoy over 500,000 movies and TV episodes. It offers a lot of streaming services for maximum satisfaction.
- The voice functionality on the remote works well
- TV can be turned on and off by the Roku remote
- The Roku remote also controls TV volume
- It may be glitchy over time, but customer service is really helpful
7. Amazon Fire TV Cube Streaming Media Player
This streaming device is hands-free, and it works with Alexa. This means you can operate it across the room. Well, simply ask Alexa to dim the lights, turn on the TV, and then play your favorite TV show. The streaming media player will hear you from any direction. And that’s because it is equipped with such great features as far-field voice recognition, beamforming technology, and eight microphones. All you need when you have this streaming device is your voice. Besides, this streaming device for TV comes equipped with a built-in speaker to let you check the weather, control compatible smart home devices, and listen to the news. The new Alexa skills and voice functionality make this streaming device one of the most reliable and easiest-to-operate streaming devices for TV.
- Setup is extremely easy
- Video quality seems excellent
- The tech support puts customer satisfaction before everything
- May occasionally have issues, but the company is always ready to help
8. Roku Express+ HD Streaming Media Player
The Roku Express+ HD Streaming Media Player will let you turn your older television into a smart television. The streaming device comes with HDMI and composite cable, making it convenient to use. What’s more, it is incredibly easy to set up. Well, after successfully setting it up, get ready to enjoy more than 350,000 movies and TV episodes across more than 3500 paid or free channels on Netflix, PBS KIDS, Hulu, and VUDU. It is a high-performance streaming media player with a high rating after several customer reviews. Having said that, expect it to really improve your entertainment experience.
- Comes with a mounting adhesive strip
- Setup does not take a lot of effort
- Picture is clear and sharp
- The price is great
- Works very well on older TVs
- Can be used on the go; provided there is an internet connection
- Sometimes it can be very slow
9. Amazon Fire TV Recast, over-the-air DVR, 500GB, 75 Hours
This DVR is well designed to allow you to watch as well as to record over-the-air television at home with Echo Show or Fire TV. You can also use it with a compatible mobile device when you are on the go. Well, you will be able to enjoy all these without any monthly fees. With it, you will be able to watch and record local news, late night shows, live sports, and more from channels available via a high-definition antenna (sold separately) like PBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, CBS, and The CW. The DVR has two turners that will let you record up to a couple of shows in one go. It will let you use your voice to search for shows, open, and control the channel guide, manage and schedule recordings, among others; thanks to the compatible Alexa-enabled device.
- Setup is a breeze
- Scanning channels is quick
- The program guide has an impressive layout
- A bit buggy, but the manufacturer is great at solving issues
10. Amazon All-new Alexa Voice Remote
Amazon offers 2 AAA batteries when you buy this Alexa voice remote. Well, this means you will be able to use the unit right out of the box. The Alexa voice remote is compatible with Amazon Fire TV (3rd Gen, Pendant Design), Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Stick (2nd Gen), and Fire TV Cube. However, it is important to note that the Alexa-enabled remote is not compatible with Fire TV Stick (1st Gen), Amazon Fire TV (1st and 2nd Gen) or Amazon Fire Edition smart TVs. Its standard navigation and playback controls will let you quickly skip to your favorite channels. The remote also has power, mute, and volume buttons to let you control your sound bar, TV, and A/V receiver.
- Works great at controlling TV and AVR
- Eliminates the need for several remotes
- Does not use IR codes (which tend to be very error-prone) to control devices
- Not enough buttons to do everything you might want, but serves its purpose well
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Streaming Device for TV
The following factors will provide you with more information about streaming devices for TV.
Choose a streaming device for TV that is designed with portability in mind. Such devices come in handy when you are on the go and do not want to miss your favorite shows.
The app for controlling and operating your streaming device should be easy to use. Also, if possible, go for an app with a headphone, as this will let you enjoy your favorite shows without disrupting the peace of others.
The remote control of your streaming device should be versatile to the extent that it can power the TV on/off and control its volume as well.
Before you buy a streaming device for TV, ensure that your internet connection is fast enough to stream videos. This will help you enjoy your streaming device to the fullest.
It is time you take your home entertainment to a whole new level. And what you need to achieve that are the above streaming devices for TV. They are convenient and reliable; hence, they provide endless entertainment. They are also cost-effective, given that they do not need any subscriptions.