A good power surge protector is one of the essentials that one does need in any house or an office. Many of the times are when we don’t give it the much- required importance of having it until something bad does happen to our electronics. There has been an increase in the variety of the surge protectors available in the market. This makes it difficult to make a decision. Well, this article will make your work easier in choosing the best product.
Check out the Best Surge Protectors
#1. Belkin BSE600-06BLK-WM Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector
This Power strip works as good as it looks. It has a swivel plug and a switch at the top. The switch is placed on the side is extremely well thought out. This surge protector is very slim, and it is very easy to be able to hide power strip. This cord lays flat against the wall and can rotate when you need it. It does not have any LED indicator lights. This means you can use it even in your bedroom and be able to sleep very well.
- It has an outstanding functionality.
- It is very convenient for the tight spaces.
- The plug has rotating prongs.
- It saves space.
- It has an excellent power strip.
- The on/off switch has protection next to the power cord.
- The plugs are spaced too close together.
#2. Holsem 12 Outlets Surge Protector Power Strip
The power strip of this product is very nice. It is well built, and it has a wonderful design. It has plenty of room between plugs, and you can easily be able to turn the items into different ways. Despite this, the items will be able to fit securely and safely. The end of this surge protector has three USB ports which are just perfect when you need them without taking up the plugs. It has more than enough outlets for an average user. The cord of this item is a heavy duty which ensures that it is long lasting.
- It is a Sturdy, Safe and features rich surge protector with a stylish and trendy design.
- Overload protection: In case of a power overload, this surge protector will trip off automatically to ensure that all your devices are protected.
- The positioning of the outlets means that larger adaptors cannot block you from using adjacent outlets.
- The size of this surge protector is just excellent.
- It has a stylish look.
- It is durable.
- There have been complaints of older surge protectors producing buzzing and clicking sound.
#3. CyberPower CSP600WSU surge protector
This surge protector does work very well. The outlets pivot three at a time, and this does help in keeping the protector from pulling out of the wall. It has six outlets that do swivel. This does eliminate some problems. It’s great that the manufacturer did not bunch all the outlets together. The two USB ports are an added advantage that comes with it as most appliances can be charged with the use of USB nowadays. The swiveling hinges play a very great role in helping to manage the cables.
- It has an additional two USB ports.
- Easy to hide behind things like entertainment centers and desks.
- Comes with multiple plugs.
- The swiveling side outlets make the alignment easy.
- Space saving design and offers plenty of options.
- This surge protector is huge and a little heavy.
- It does not have a screw mount to secure the unit to the wall socket.
#4. Tripp Lite 10 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip
The built-in outlet safety covers are very handy and very easy to be able to use them. They can slide back and forth with a very nice click at each position. This surge protector has a surge suppression rating of 3840 joules. That is a lot of protection. The product has been tailored in such a way that it has a mechanism for noise filtration. This feature comes in handy to help your appliances such as blenders and refrigerators from degrading your TV picture and sound quality whenever you are using it. This surge protector is also very easy to use. All that is required for you is to be able to plug, and you are good to go.
- Heavy Duty: This surge has been made in such a way that it is very hard for it to break.
- Every surface is solid metal that has been painted black.
- Many Ports: It has 10 power ports! This unit is very great especially if you have a lot of devices that you usually use.
- It has a very nice construction.
- This product has a very excellent power strip.
- It will cut all the power if the protection circuit burns out.
- Ethernet ports are slow.
#5. APC 11-Outlet Surge Protector
This APC Surge protector does contain very good plug spacing. It has a rotatable plug, and it can easily be mounted on the wall. The prongs are usually held in tight and healthy gripping force. Apart from the eleven power outlets, there is a connection for the coax cable, one for your phone line and the other for your computer. It has one of the greatest design. The surge protector has limited product reimbursement to the equipment that is connected to the surge protector.
- This product has a good joule rating when compared to lesser quality products.
- LED lights help in showing the function of power and also protection.
- It can be able to accommodate six large power adapters.
- It has a lifetime warranty.
- Spaced sockets for wall wart supplies.
- This will ensure that you don’t block adjacent sockets.
- It contains doors on the sockets for childproofing.
- It comes with cables and ties to help you in organizing the cables.
- The coax connections are very weak.
- It has no sliding safety covers on outlets.
#6. Bestek 6-Outlet Surge Protector Commercial Power Strip
This Bestek product is compact and narrow and has holes on the back for hanging. You can easily mount it both vertically and horizontally. The power plug of this strip is low profile and fits well into an outlet with a cover which does limit the size of the plugs you use in this outlet. It is not suitable for plugging in large plugs or even battery chargers. This is because the outlets are spaced out very tightly. It is sturdy, and it is made up of a flame resistant ABS and UL compliant.
- The Power strips work great.
- The plug does fit very perfectly into the receptacles.
- It is great for making outlets behind furniture more accessible.
- The item is well constructed, strong and it is durable.
- It does not occupy a lot of space.
- The sockets are packed too tight.
- Improvements are required to make the outlets horizontal so that more of them can be used.
#7. KMC 6 Outlet Surge Protector
This surge protector has a long cord. You do not have to extend the wires sideways to plug into the strip. The product has a very nice construction. The design is awesome and is slim. All of the outlets work very fine, and it has a red indicator that lets you know if everything is protected and is operating normally. It is very to be able to open the packaging, to plug in outlets without so many problems. This item will help in organizing the cords. It has enough outlets for all the devices.
- It has very good construction.
- The product is of high quality, and it is long lasting.
- It has many outlets for your products.
- It is heavy duty.
- Most plugs end up taking two or more slots on the strip.
#8. AmazonBasics 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip 2- Pack
This surge protector is very good and is well priced. Each power bar can offer 200 joules if protection hence this is not suitable to protect very heavy electric devices such as laser printer or home theater. It is suitable for smaller devices such as lamps, your telephone answering machine and also a digital clocks. Each of the bars has chunky black plastic and contains six outlets arrayed in up-down fashion. There is a very simple on/off button and a red light indicator to show that the strip is powered on.
- The power strips are great.
- They come with a long cable and a plug.
- The plug is angled, ideal for use horizontal.
- It has a very nice matte finish and also a low profile design.
- The outlets have been tailored to be smooth and very easy to plug in.
- It has a low profile design.
- The red light is too bright.
- The cord is extremely thick and heavy while the base is lightweight.
#9. Belkin SurgePlus USB Swivel Surge Protector
This surge protector is very suitable for awkward angles and to consolidate the charging of your electronics while traveling. It has a swivel feature on the plug that usually works well. To ensure that it does not snag on your garments, it has prongs on the swivel. This Belkin Surge protector will ensure that your mobiles electronics are charged and at the same time protect them. Even without any extra cords, you can easily be able to plug this USB travel charger into any wall outlet and power devices to a maximum of three.
- This product has a limited lifetime product Warranty.
- Portable charging and Protection of a maximum of three devices.
- Easy to rotate to fit in small pieces.
- This surge protector is made in such a way that it has a 360-degree swivel feature.
- You can rotate it to make it fit in small and very tight spaces.
- It has indicators that will show when the devices are protected.
- This product will feel a little flimsy.
- It is a little big.
#10. Neckteck 90/18- Degree Rotating Power Surge Protector
The electronic wire of this surge protector is very thick enough to be able to carry more power and lower resistance. This means that you can be able to use more devices in a very safe manner. You will find the rotating feature very interesting. The plug connector to the wall can be able to do a 360-degree turn, and the hub can do in three angles. It also has two USB charging ports. It has a small green light that usually indicates the outlets are working or not. The power strip is very wonderful and also very safe.
- With the rotating outlets, you can easily be able to use all the outlets on the power strip.
- The switch can provide extra convenience for you be able to manage the outlets on the power strip.
- It has a perfect design to enable flexibility.
- It does take very less space.
- Mounting holes have been poorly designed.
- High pitched audible whine coming from the unit.
Having an efficient power surge will help you in case there is a fault in the electrical current. By switching off your surge protector every night when not using power, you can increase its lifespan. Having read the above information, you are now ready to get a better and more efficient surge protector.