There are several tool belts for framers, and it is important that you have one whether you are a framer, carpenter or electrician. This is because top quality tool belts are more than handy when you are working on any job site. They have several pockets that keep tools at hands reach, so you can get them easily and become more efficient in whatever you are doing. Well, by making sure that tools are easy to reach, tool belts help eliminate bending, and this, in turn, prevents framers, carpenters, and electricians from suffering from back pain, among other complications. They are a must-have. That’s why we recommend that you go through the following reviews.
Check out the Best Tool Belts for Framers Reviews
1. ToughBuilt – Tradesman Tool Belt Set – 3 Piece (TB-CT-111-3)
There is nothing as good as buying from a manufacturer that is inspired by its customers. That being said, it comes as no surprise that this tool belt for framers gets the number one spot in our reviews. The manufacturer is committed and does everything in the USA. Additionally, they have equipped the tool belt with 27 pockets to provide it with more than enough space to keep your items. They have also built the belt stronger to save you the time you could have spent on buying another one in the name of the one you currently have cannot hold up much longer. They know that this tool belt set has to stand up to the harshest working conditions in order to work well. So, to enable it to achieve that, ToughBuilt has made it with a rugged 6-layer construction and then equipped it with rivet reinforcement.
- Comfortable and has great padding
- Velcro does not come off easily
- Very strong and promotes convenience
- The clips leave a lot to desire
2. Custom Leathercraft DEWALT Tool Belt and York-style Suspenders (DG5617)
Designed for waist sizes ranging from 29” – 46”, the DEWALT Tool Belt promises to fit you perfectly while you are on the job site. The tool belt comes with padded York-style suspenders to ensure a comfortable fit. It also has a zippered pocket that is handy for securing your valuables. Besides, this tool belt will prevent you from misplacing your keys during work. And it achieves that through its carabiner for holding keys. The belt is very easy to adjust, and this is because it has a patented pouch handle. Its built-in utility knife pocket ensures that there are no accidental pouch punctures.
- Very light and comfortable
- Has a lot of pockets and slots
- Good quality for the price point
- Makes a great gift for a DIYer or construction worker
- Designed well and arrives fast
- The cell phone holder seems incapable of fitting modern phones perfectly
3. Custom Leathercraft 1608 Combo Tool Belt
It is the simple philosophy of the CLC that makes more than a few customers prefer to purchase their products. Well, the simple philosophy of this manufacturer is to make the best work gear without hiking the price. That being said, this combo tool belt is well made and has up to 28 pockets to provide you with plenty of storage. It also features a built-in cordless drill pocket, which further improves convenience. Ideally, storing it once you are done using it is extremely easy because of its handle design, which offers simple adjustments. The tool belt is designed to fit weight sizes ranging from 29” to 46”.
- Sturdy, reliable and nice
- Fits almost all the electrician tools
- The zip up feature is great
- Stays in place during work
- Material pockets are well sized
- Makes carrying a drill/rechargeable drivers a breeze
- Suspenders do not have extra support
4. Occidental Leather 8089 M OxyLights 7 Bag Framer Set
Only a few manufacturers put in enough effort to make sure that their products have the highest quality. Well, we are fortunate enough to have some of these manufacturers in these reviews. And talking of some, Occidental Leather is one of these manufacturers. Its products are made in Sonoma County, CA with the highest quality standard. These products include the 7 bag framer set, which has received a round of applauds from customers who have used it before. It is designed with heavy-duty construction, so it can stand up to the adverse working conditions. It comes in three sizes, which are small, medium, and large.
- Well made and seems ready to last over a decade
- Very comfortable to wear
- Made of genuine leather
- Neither too small nor too big
- Makes a great gift for carpenters
- Pricier than most brands
5. Gatorback B145 Triple Combo w/Pro-Comfort Back Support Belt
Every product that Gatorback sells comes with a 1-year warranty. And that is exactly what customers want. That’s why we have not hesitated to include this tool belt in these reviews. Because of the 1-year warranty, you will not worry about such problems as poor stitching or craftsmanship. Gatorback also focuses on quality. For example, they have made this tool belt very comfortable because they know that for you to enjoy using it, then it must be very comfortable. Additionally, this tool belt is equipped with carry handles that make it easy to carry around as well as to take off and put on.
- The quality and fit are great
- Pockets are deep enough to accommodate long screws
- The customer service is incredibly good
- Attachments can be mixed and matched to suit your own personal preference
- Big pockets are overly deep
6. Ergodyne 5548 13-Pockets Electrician’s Tool Pouch
This tool pouch will not disappoint you because it is made from the same quality as of materials used to make bullet-proof vests. To be precise, the tool belt is made of 1680 ballistic polyester that prevents it from tearing or corroding. Furthermore, it has two large main pockets, 6 large screwdriver slots, and 5 smaller pockets. These pockets ensure that you are able to keep your tools within easy reach while you are working. The pockets are up to 13, and this means you will have more than enough space to keep your tools. The base of this pouch has patented storm drains, and it is resistant to abrasion.
- The price is unbeatable
- Really rugged and has a great quality
- Comfortable and has enough rooms
- The breathability on the bottom gets rid of dirt
- Made of very strong materials
- Puts tools within easy reach
- Does not have enough screwdrivers
7. Custom Leathercraft 51452 4 Piece Pro Framer’s Tool Belt
Comfort and ruggedness are paramount when choosing a tool belt for framers. And that is exactly what the Custom Leathercraft 51452 Pro Framer’s Tool Belt offers. It is made of a double-layered 1680D ballistic fabric that has a premium-grade leather trim to offer the much-needed durable performance. What’s more, this tool belt features a handle design that offers simple adjustment to make it easy to carry and store. Like we said earlier, the tool belt is designed with comfort in mind. And this can be seen through its 5 inches wide padding. Since its comfort is undisputed, expect it to remain strapped on your waist for several hours without causing fatigue.
- Well made and very comfortable
- Holds all the essentials
- Fits perfectly to eliminate any inconveniences
- The carry handles are a nice addition
- The photo on the description is quite misleading
8. Custom Leathercraft 21448 4 Piece Pro Framers Tool Belt
You will never go wrong with this tool belt from Custom Leathercraft. It is made tough, so it can withstand any heavy use. Like most premium quality tool belts for framers, this one fits 29 to 46” waists. Besides, it comes equipped with 15 pockets, which include 10 small pockets for keeping pliers, knives, nail sets, and pencils, among others. The remaining 5 pockets are ideal for keeping tools and nails. This tool belt also features a handle design, which makes it easy to carry around and even store. It helps improve convenience during work; hence, any construction worker should have it.
- The color is gorgeous
- The leather used is amazingly high quality
- Its pouches stay open
- Heavy enough to hold up well
- Holds all the tools needed
- The rivets seem to come out pretty easily
9. Style n Craft 4 Piece Pro-Framers Combo (98-43417)
Most manufacturers seem not to pay too much attention to the quality of rivets when they are designing tool belts. Fortunately, this is not the case with Style n Craft. Well, the manufacturer has made sure that the rivets it includes in this tool belt have caps to help improve safety. Another great thing that Style n Craft has done is to equip the tool belt with up to 17 pockets. This means you will have more than enough room to keep all of your tools. They have also concentrated on the overall looks of this tool belt by making it with oiled leather in dark tan color to achieve the ultimate uniqueness.
- Quality and comfort are amazing
- The leather and construction are perfect
- Looks beautiful when strapped around the waist
- Has plenty of room
- The stitching should be upgraded
10. Bucket Boss 3 Bag Framers Rig (55185-HVOY)
Everything about this tool belt for framers is great. That’s why customers who have tried it have liked it. For instance, this framers’ tool belt features suspenders with LoadBear technology to spare you the hassle of having to carry all the tools throughout the day. Ideally, the durability of this framers’ rig is undoubted; thanks to the heavy-duty 1680D 2-ply poly fabric. The framers’ rig also features two large capacity pouches to allow you to carry several hand tools on the job site. Besides, you can adjust the pouches using the Velcro to enable it to stay in place. The belt fits waists up to 52”, meaning it is suitable for most people.
- Seems to have good quality
- Modern phones fit in the suspenders well
- Pouches are extra big for added convenience
- The quality of suspenders and padding has been improved
- A few customers have complained of the waist size
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Tool for Framers
The following factors will help you make the correct decision in choosing a top quality tool belt for framers.
If you want your tool belt to fit you perfectly, then you must choose the one with the correct waist size. At the moment, tool belts for framers come in many different waist ranges including 29” – 46”. There are some that also fit waists up to 52”.
The Number of Pockets
It is highly recommended that you choose a tool belt for framers with several pockets. If you do that, then expect to have plenty of space to keep all of your tools. Ideally, make sure that the pockets of your tool belt are differently sized, as this will help you keep tools of different sizes at hands reach.
The Material Used
Tool belts for framers are made of different materials. Therefore, when choosing one, try to make sure that the material used to make it is quality. This means the material should be rugged and strong enough to withstand the adverse working conditions. You should also consider a material that does not get dirty easily.
Comfort matters if you plan to get the best out of your tool belt. With that said, make sure that the tool belt you are choosing has enough padding to provide you with the much-needed comfort. It should also be breathable to help wick away sweat and keep you cool while you are on the construction site.
There are some things that framers, carpenters, and electricians must have. A tool belt is certainly one of these things. It increases efficiency by making sure that tools can easily be reached. It also gets rid of back pains, which are normally as a result of bending too much. That being said, we hope that you have already grabbed one from the above reviews.