Most athletes always strive to get the perfect costume and footwear because, according to them, these are what one needs to get ready for the next sporting events. However, one essential thing they forget is a triathlon watch. The best triathlon watch is engineered to provide athletes with key information. This means they are a must-have for anyone who is aspiring to get the best out of their training session. They are GPS-enabled and most of them are waterproof, so they can be used comfortably in the water. In these reviews, you will come across the best brands to give you a higher chance of landing the best of the best.
Check out the Best Triathlon Watch Reviews
1. Garmin vivoactive HR GPS Smart Watch
The wrist circumference of this triathlon watch ranges from 5.39 inches to 7.68 inches. This means it can fit very many people. The watch is sunlight readable; hence, you will not have problems using it even when the sun is high up in the sky. Its display size is relatively large, measuring 28.6-by-20.7 mm. Furthermore, it has a display resolution of 205 x 148 pixels. The smartwatch is compatible with several devices including Android 4.4 OS or later, AppleiOS 10.0 or later, Bluetooth 4.0 or later, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Its battery life goes up to 13 hours in GPS mode and up to 8 days in watch/activity tracking mode.
- Vibrates when there is a phone call or text
- Gets delivered on time
- Seems to be of good quality
- Makes a great gift for a loved one
- The Bluetooth connection is likely to be broken if you are steps away
2. Timex Full-Size Ironman Classic 30 Watch
The iconic performance of this triathlon watch is unrivaled. And that’s why most people find it the best sports watch. The watch is water-resistant up to 100 meters (330ft.), and this means it is great for swimming and snorkeling. It is, however, unsuitable for diving. It features a countdown timer and alarm, so you can get the best out of it. It also features an Indiglo light-up watch dial. Its strap is made of resin and has a buckle closure to give a customized fit. The watch can count up to 99 laps since it has a 100-hour chronograph, which features lap and split times.
- Fits well and looks great
- Has a great feel when worn
- Batteries last really long
- Stays on the wrist and works as described
- Holds up pretty well
- May have a few issues, but it comes with a return window
3. Garmin vivoactive Black
You need to own the Garmin vivoactive Black Triathlon Watch because it will make you play harder, work smarter, and live a better life. It comes with built-in sports apps to allow you to successfully engage in such activities as running, golfing, and biking. To make sure that you use the watch freely without any worries, the manufacturer has preserved the page 10 of the user manual for troubleshooting steps. It has also made sure that the battery of this watch lasts really long. To be precise, the battery lasts up to 3 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode and up to 10 hours in GPS mode.
- Works great for swimming and running
- The battery life is amazing
- Very light and easy to use
- The functionality is unrivaled
- The price is reasonable
- Accurate, intuitive, and looks attractive
- Tracks steps through the swinging of the arms; hence, you may not get the steps if your arm does not swing.
4. Garmin Forerunner 310XT with USB ANT Stick
This GPS-enabled training is not afraid of water. If anything, it can repel water up to a depth 0f 50 meters. This means you can have it in the lake or a pool to time your swim. The device is also capable of tracking bike and run data before sending it wirelessly to a computer. Additionally, it has an admirable battery life that goes up to 20 hours. Plus it comes with a 1-year limited warranty to convince you that you will not be wasting your money should you decide to go for it. The watch also comes with a charging clip, quick start guide, AC charger, and owner’s manual.
- Ships fast to avoid inconveniences
- Has a great battery life
- Works well with a heart rate monitor
- The accuracy is pretty good
- It has lots of features
- The software could be better
5. Timex Full-Size Ironman Classic 100 Watch
Cyclists, swimmers, and runners should consider the Timex Full-Size Ironman Classic 100 Watch. This is because the watch is made by a manufacturer with vast experience, considering that it has been around for a pretty long time. It is equipped with a 100-lap memory recall that will help you review your workout without using a dated training log that denotes the average lap, best lap, and total time. It also has two time zones, and this makes it great to use regardless of where you are. Another great feature of this watch is the water-resistant design, which enables it to repel water up to 100 meters.
- The delivery is quick
- Looks really nice on the wrist
- Has a nice display and good functionality
- Holds up well to frequent use
- Boasts large numbers that are easy to read
- The band leaves a lot to be desired
6. Garmin Forerunner 910XT Sport Watch
The Garmin Forerunner 910XT Sport Watch is a GPS-enabled device that’s great for any multisport athlete. It tracks distance, time, and pace/speed to make sure that you get the full benefits from it. It also tracks heart rate and elevation (via barometric altimeter). Because of what it does, the Garmin 910XT Sport Watch can be relied on for swimming, cycling, and running. Its band measures 4.25 inches on one side and 3.5 inches on the other side. This makes the band 7.75 inches long. The width of the band is 1.2 inches, and this is just perfect. Like other Garmin products, this one lasts up to 20 hours.
- Easy to use and works great
- Easy to recharge
- Versatile; can be used for running, swimming, and biking
- Not heavy when worn on the wrist
- The accuracy is not the best
7. Garmin Vivoactive Black (Certified Refurbished)
Although this triathlon watch is refurbished, it has still made it to our reviews. And this is because it has been tested and certified by Garmin or by a third-party refurbisher to look and work like new. This means the watch does not have any signs of wear. The refurbishing process of this watch includes repackaging, reconditioning, testing, inspection, and functionality. The battery life of this watch is also worth noting since it lasts up to 10 hours in GPS mode and up to 3 weeks in watch/activity mode. Besides, this triathlon watch can pair with your smartphone to gently vibrate as well as to display alerts for incoming texts, calls, calendar, and email.
- The battery lasts incredibly long
- Has different watch faces
- The size is perfect for small wrists
- The display is very clear in outdoor daylight
- The App Store is not very user-friendly
8. Garmin 920XT Black/Blue Watch with HRM-Run
Most customers and sportsmen are thrilled by the fact that this watch captures detailed swim metrics such as stroke count, stroke rate, pace, and distance. It is a high functioning triathlon watch that comes equipped with smart notifications to allow you to see incoming calls, email, texts, and calendar reminders. What’s more, it can be paired with the HRM-RunTM monitor to enable it to provide feedback on running form by measuring vertical oscillation, cadence, and ground contact time. It is specially designed to help athletes get the best out of their workouts. This means it is a must-have for any athlete.
- Makes a great gift for a loved one
- Molds more to the wrist
- Its face is very easy to read
- Has multiple great features
- The battery life is incredibly good
- The material used to make the screen is durable
- The software could be better
9. Garmin 920XT Black/Blue Watch
This is the ninth product on our list because it has lots of features to be really handy for many sporting activities. It is great for training at the pool or open water because it captures in-depth swim metric such as distance, pace, stroke rate, and stroke count. In addition, this triathlon watch boasts a metronome feature that has vibe and audible alerts to help guide your cadence training. It can be paired with a smartphone and the Garmin Connect Mobile app to help equip it with extra capabilities, which, in turn, will help you stay connected during running or cycling workouts.
- Much more advanced than most brands
- Great for everyday use
- The screen can be customized
- Works great inside the pool
- Always gets the lap count perfect
- Does an amazing job in tracking workouts
- Looks classy on the wrist
- Not the best for skinny or normal wrists
10. Garmin 920XT Tri-Bundle
Garmin is hands down one of the best manufacturers of triathlon watches. This is because they equip their watches with top quality features. For instance, the Garmin 920XT Tri-Bundle is GPS-enabled, so it can guide athletes during training. It records in-depth metrics for running, biking, and swimming. Its swim capabilities consist of recording distance, drill logging, and rest timer, among others. Furthermore, this tri-bundle has a high-resolution color display that makes it extremely easy to see your stats. It also boasts such advanced features as live tracking and smart notifications, VO2 max estimate, and running dynamics. It can be worn as a watch all day long or used as a fitness tracker to monitor your calories and steps.
- Very functional and has good displays
- The battery seems pretty good
- Great for triathlon training
- Perfect for treadmill, cycling, outdoor running, and pool
- The triathlon band does not work correctly
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Triathlon Watch
The following factors should be in your mind when are about to buy a triathlon watch.
The Battery Life
Buying a triathlon watch with a poor battery life can really be dangerous. This is because such watches are likely to run out of battery and inconvenience you big time. That being said, make sure that the watch you buy has a long battery life that makes it really reliable.
The triathlon watch you go for should be easy to read. This means its screen should have a backlight to illuminate it even in an outdoor daylight. The screen should also be able to display large stats that you can see at a glance even without having to move your head closer to the watch.
The Length of the Band
Make sure that you are well conversant with the length of the band before you make a purchase. Once you know the length of the band, be sure to check the circumference of your wrist. Well, all these pieces of information will help you settle for a watch with the perfect band.
It is the number of features that determine the versatility and functionality of a triathlon watch. Therefore, try to choose a triathlon watch with as many features as possible. This means the watch should be able to provide essential stats that make it perfect for various sporting activities. The watch should also be waterproof, so you can use it for such water sports as swimming, snorkeling, and even diving.
The next time you are going to swim, run or dive, make sure you have a triathlon watch strapped tightly on your wrist. And in this platform, we have reviewed the bestselling triathlon watches to give you an easy task when it comes to choosing one. With that said, we hope that you have settled for one already.