The best walking shoes for men can go a long way in keeping you comfortable and supported, especially if you spend most of your time standing or walking. These shoes are resilient enough to withstand the rigors of everyday use before showing any signs of damage. They are easy to take care of and to maintain since most of them are washable. Besides, most of them are cushioned to keep you comfortable even if you have them on for long hours. Getting the right walking shoes for men is, however, not an easy task. You need to take so many things into considerations to ensure that you get a shoe that is long-lasting, comfortable, and, above all, supportive. We have compiled the following reviews to save you the time and hassle involved in purchasing the right walking shoes.
Check out the Best Walking Shoes for Men Reviews
1. Skechers Men’s Afterburn Lace-Up Sneakers
Available in an assortment of colors and sizes, the Skechers Men’s Afterburn Sneakers guarantee total comfort and support. This is owed to the memory foam insole and synthetic finish that keeps you comfortable even in hot conditions. The outsole is made of rubber to ensure all-day comfort when taking longer hikes or walking on the trails. These shoes boast a metal top eyelet and mesh upper to offer maximum breathability. They have a lace-up design, so you can adjust the tightness for a great fit. Furthermore, there is a padded collar and supportive overlays to provide additional comfort and support.
- Hold up nicely and seem to last several uses
- The memory foam makes the shoes very comfortable
- Offer a great fit that is suitable for standing all day
- They are inexpensive enough to be replaced as required
- A little roomy, but a great pair of shoes
2. Skechers Men’s Go walk 3 Slip-On Shoes
For a unique blend of performance and style, consider the Skechers Men’s Go walk 3 Slip-On Shoes. These shoes are made of mesh fabric with a GOga technology that keeps your foot breathable and pampered all day long. The footbed is cushioned with Resalyte technology midsole to ensure splendid impact absorption and support. Also, the shoes have memory foam padded heel cup to offer a comfortable fit for extended wear. They are lightweight with a slip-on design that makes for easy wear and removal. There are GOimpulse and GOpilars technologies that ensure incredible flexibility and responsiveness to offer a great walking experience. What’s more, the shoes are available in multiple color options and sizes for you to choose from.
- Extremely comfortable and easy to walk in
- Shoes feel great under the feet and offer ample support
- They fit well and don’t cause blisters, aches or pains
- The width is considerably wider than expected
3. New Balance Men’s Walking Shoe (MW577)
Featuring a dual hook and loop design, the New Balance Men’s Walking Shoe (MW577) can be adjusted for the perfect fit. It is made of a synthetic sole and leather finish for comfort and long-lasting performance. The leather upper is slightly perforated to offer breathability for your feet to stay cool even in hot conditions. This shoe is crafted with ABZORB technology in the heel to act as a shock absorber for better protection. The insole is cushioned to ensure maximum comfort for extended wear. Moreover, the shoe is available in multiple colors and sizes to meet various needs and budgets.
- The shoe is easy to put on and take off
- Fits perfectly and feels great under the feet
- Offers great support for low-arch feet
- Available in pretty colors that go with almost any attire
- Velcro straps are too short, otherwise, a great shoe
4. Rockport Men’s Eureka Walking Shoe
The Rockport Men’s Eureka Walking Shoe has soft and genuine leathers to give you the comfort and quality you expect. It is designed to move flexibly in all directions, giving you the liberty to move freely and confidently in all directions. The sole is made of synthetic material that has a great traction to help you walk securely on a variety of surfaces. Its footbed boasts latex foam to cushion your feet for long wearing. This shoe is equipped with a moisture-wicking, mesh lining to provide optimal breathability. It has a lace-up vamp to ensure a comfortable and adjustable fit. Besides, you can choose your most desirable color from the varieties available.
- This shoe is lighter than most in the same class
- Fits well and feels very comfortable for extended wear
- Offers great arch support for various heel types
- Some people may find them too big in width
5. New Balance Men’s Walking Shoe (MW411v2)
If you are looking for a walking shoe that is almost perfect in terms of flexibility, style, and toughness, the New Balance Men’s Walking Shoe (MW411v2) is your go-to product. It is made of high-quality materials to ensure maximum support. A leather finish with rubber outsole provides optimal support when walking longer distances. The perforated upper offers breathability to keep you comfortable in hot conditions. This shoe has a padded tongue and collar to provide additional comfort and support. It comes in a nice grey color that matches seamlessly with most outfits. Furthermore, you can find this shoe in other multiple color options and sizes too.
- The shoe fits well and looks great on most feet
- It is comfortable for extended walking all day long
- Feels really light and the size fits perfectly
- Looks very stylish with extra heel support
- Not so great for standing, but surprisingly comfortable when walking
6. BROOKS Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes
Get the fit and feel of a running shoe when you walk in the BROOKS Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes. The shoes are equipped with HydroFlow technology to enhance midsole cushioning for shock absorption in the heel and forefoot. Each shoe is loaded with strong support for your low arches and control of overpronation. Thus, you stay comfortable and supported wherever you go. These shoes are made of 100% environmentally-friendly materials that ensure wet-dry traction for skid-resistance when walking on various surfaces. In addition, the shoes are crafted using full-grain leather to offer maximum comfort and durability.
- Available in a variety of colors to meet various needs
- Seem to have quality materials that will see the shoes last a long time
- They offer better arch support which makes them great for people with arthritis
- Very comfortable both for walking and standing
- The shoes are not available in small sizes
7. Rockport Men’s Chranson Walking Shoe
From casual strolling to walking, the Rockport Men’s Chranson Walking Shoe has got you covered. It is constructed with form-fitting fabrics to give you a soft and ultimate comfort for any journey. The shoe has extended sizes and width to ensure you get a perfect fit whether you wear narrow shoes, wide shoes, or extra-wide shoes. It is equipped with a biomechanically designed outsole that offers stability needed to walk securely on any kind of surface. Each element of this shoe has been crafted for flexibility, allowing you to move confidently in any direction. What’s more, the shoe is lightweight and shock-absorbing to help reduce foot fatigue.
- A good solid shoe that seems to last several uses
- Fits well and feels good for long distance walking
- The shoe is very comfortable with extra width
- Gets sweaty after prolonged wear
8. Skechers Sport Men’s Fit Reprint Oxford
With stitching and front-perforation details, the Skechers Sport Men’s Fit Reprint Oxford is the ideal shoe to keep your feet aerated on those long walks. It has a lightweight shock-absorbing midsole to provide additional support. The upper part of the shoe is equipped with synthetic and leather finish for durable performance. The shoe has a lace-up design that ensures easy on and off. The rubber outsole has high-traction that offers ultimate stability for walking on various kinds of surfaces. The insole, on the other hand, boasts a full-length memory foam footbed to cushion your feet for all-day comfort. Besides, this shoe is available in an assortment of sizes and colors for you to choose from.
- Comfortable enough to wear for long hours
- Seems well made and will probably last a long time
- The shoe is easy to put on and off
- Offers good support both for walking and standing
- The heel is slightly wider so it feels a bit loose
9. Asics Men’s GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 Walking Shoe
For unrivaled walking experience, buy the Asics Men’s GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 Walking Shoe. This shoe has ortholite sock liner that provides an added touch of comfort and microbial protection. The upper part of the shoe features an exceptional fit and improved breathable mesh to keep your feet cool at all times. The outsole is based on DuoMax and Trusstic system technologies to help support and stabilize your movements. At the same time, there is a foot gel cushioning system and gender-specific midsole system to give a properly-cushioned platform for prolonged wear. Better yet, this shoe comes in a variety of sizes to choose from.
- Fits well and stays comfortable for extended wear
- The shoe is lightweight and feels good under the feet
- Has a great arch support for all-day standing jobs
- Great for men and women who carry extra weight
- This shoe is not available in large sizes
10. Brooks Men’s Walker V-Strap Walking Shoes
Available in black and white, the Brooks Men’s Walker V-Strap Walking Shoes are the perfect combination of aesthetics and performance. They are lightweight to give you the feel and fit of a running shoe. The shoes are constructed of a full-grain leather upper to ensure long-lasting support and comfort. There is a dual hook and loop closure that in addition to providing a customized fit, allows for easy entry and exit. And with the anatomical Brooks DNA, these shoes have adaptive cushioning for a personalized ride that accommodates feet of different shapes and sizes. Additionally, the shoes come in multiple sizes to choose from.
- These shoes have a better fit than most in the same class
- They are comfortable for standing all day long
- Easy to put on and take off
- Offer great support with no aches or pains
- The breaking in hurts for a couple of days but it goes away with time
Buyer’s Guide for The Best Walking Shoes for Men
Just like buying any other product, shopping for the best walking shoes requires you to consider some important aspects. The following are some of the factors you should look out for in order to take home the right walking shoes.
Breathability has to do with how well the shoes are ventilated. When shopping for the best walking shoe, consider one that is made of a mesh upper. This enhances breathability by making the shoe properly aerated. As a result, your feet remain sweat free and cool even when the weather is very hot.
Being on your feet all day means walking on various surfaces including hard ones. Thus, you need a pair of shoes that is well cushioned from the front way to the back. The best walking shoes have a good layer of cushioning, especially in the midsole. This is to help you stay comfortable in your feet for long hours without aches.
Any walking shoe should have an ergonomic design that provides support to your arches and heels. This is even more crucial when you have foot-related conditions like overpronation, flat feet or plantar fasciitis. To ensure the walking shoes you buy have arch support, check if they have a reinforced shape that conforms to your feet.
For you to be able to walk securely on any kind of surface, you need walking shoes with good traction. Traction is determined by the material used on the outsole. Most walking shoes are made of rubber outsole which has great traction for walking on slippery surfaces. This helps prevent you from falling and getting injured.
By going through the above reviews, we believe you stand a better chance of getting nothing but the best-quality shoes. We have carried out thorough research by comparing only the best performing walking shoes in the industry right now. Besides, the men’s walking shoes listed here are competitively priced, meaning you won’t have to spend too much.