When it comes to footwear selection, each woman seems to have her distinct taste and preferences. For many ladies, it is all about the colors and patterns while for some it is all about what is in fashion and keeping up with the trend. But, when it comes to picking more functional types of footwear such as boots for hiking or working outdoors, there are other more important things to consider such as waterproofness.
Waterproof boots help to keep the feet warm, dry and cozy which is just what you need when working or walking in wet environments. Luckily, there are many great waterproof boots for ladies in the market, and all you need is to choose what you like most.
Below we review 10 of these boots to help narrow down your choices
1. Merrell Women’s Moab Waterproof Boot
These sturdy hiking boots combine firm suede leather with mesh panels to create highly breathable and super comfortable upper section. And they use an aggressively lugged sole that provides excellent traction on most surfaces. Also, they have a comfortable padded collar and tongue that helps to make them feel cozier. Despite these boots being waterproof, they are still highly breathable, and so you can be confident that your feet not only stay dry but also cool even when hiking in the summer.
- Sturdy and long-lasting suede leather upper
- Aggressively lugged sole provides excellent traction
- Padded tongue and collar
- Highly breathable but still waterproof
- Waterproofing seems to wear out as they age
2. Merrell Moab 2 Women’s Waterproof Boots
This version of the super comfortable Moab waterproof boots also comes with durable and sturdy suede leather with high-quality stitching for the uppers. The boots also have some breathable mesh panels and lining that helps to keep the feet cool and dry. They use a removable insole and also have air cushioning around the heel section to help add stability and for shock absorption. These mid waterproof boots also have a protective rubber toe cap and a genuine rubber sole that provides excellent traction in different surfaces and are available in five different colors.
- Durable suede leather material
- Breathable mesh panels and lining
- Genuine rubber sole with excellent traction
- Protective rubber toe cap included
- Removable insole
- Comfortable contoured EVA footbed
- Can be a little pricier
3. Merrel Siren Mid Waterproof Boots
The well-stitched and stylish nubuck leather upper section is the most striking element on these shoes but there is still more to them than this. These hiking shoes are also fitted with a genuine rubber outsole that will provide great traction in most terrains, and they also have an ortholite anatomical footbed that can be very useful for ladies with problematic feet. Also, they are designed to provide decent arch support and with women-specific cushioning on the inside. And they have an anti-odor mesh lining to ensure you do not end up with smelly feet after your long hikes.
- Stylish nubuck leather uppers
- Anatomical footbed is great for ladies with problematic feet
- Decent arch support
- Anti-odor mesh lining
- Women-specific cushioning for maximum comfort
- Sizes seem to run small
4. Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Women’s Hiking Boots
With the Omnishield water and stain resistance treatment on these boots, you can be confident that they will not only keep water out but will look new for a long time. These highly durable boots feature tough and breathable full grain leather and mesh upper section, and with a lugged rubber outsole that provides great traction. They also use techlite cushioning and molded EVA midsole to keep the interior comfortable and they are available in various colors to ensure you get something that suits your tastes.
- Leather and mesh upper for maximum breathability and durability
- Genuine rubber outsole
- Water and stain resistant
- Comfortable EVA midsole
- Techlite cushioning
- Variety of colors
- Not the most appealing style
5. Salomon X Ultra Mid 2 GTX Women’s Hiking Boots
These Salomon hiking boots have a very appealing look but the best thing about them is that they feel as good as they look on your feet. They have a high traction Contagrip sole that ensures that you get great traction in different terrains and combine textile and nubuck leather for the upper to ensure durability and maximum comfort. Also, they come with a gusseted tongue that helps to keep debris out and with an advanced chassis that provides foot stability, control, and maximum protection. The SensFit design is also a great addition as it helps ensure you get a snug, secure and custom fit by cradling your feet.
- High traction rubber sole
- Gusseted tongue provides maximum debris protection
- Protective rubber cap toe included
- Advanced chassis design
- Snug and customized fit
- EVA midsole provides comfort and minimizes fatigue
- The tongue is a little bulky
6. Merrel Moab Mid Gore-Tex Women’s Hiking Boots
Nothing beats Gore-Tex when it comes to keeping the feet warm, dry and breathable. And so the fact that these shoes use this comfort system should be enough to convenience any lady to try them. However, they also have a rugged Vibram outsole that provides great traction on any surface and a highly breathable mesh panel. Also, these hiking boots include ortholite anatomical footbed, protective synthetic leather toe cap and heel counter which combine to make the interior more comfortable. The breathable Aegis lining is also a good addition to the boots, and you can get them in at least four different color choices.
- Rugged Vibram sole for great traction
- Gore-Tex lining makes it completely waterproof
- Highly breathable mesh panels
- Ortholite anatomical footbed enhances comfort
- Protective synthetic leather toe cap
- Synthetic material is less durable
7. Hi-Tec Bandera Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots
These hiking boots might look bulky and do not have the most appealing appearance, but they are some of the most comfortable hiking boots for ladies out there. They are also well-made with some high-quality suede and nylon materials for the upper section and rugged rubber outsole that provides great traction in any weather condition. The boots also come with a removable and contoured EVA sockliner cushioning that helps to keep the interior cozy. And they also use a Ghillie lacing system that provides a more secure fit and rustproof lacing hardware.
- Removable EVA sockliner cushioning
- Multidirectional traction outsole
- Breathable and well-stitched uppers
- Great for both cool and wet conditions
- Rustproof lacing hardware
- More secure lacing system
- Looks quite bulky
8. Merrell Capra Bolt Mid Waterproof Women’s Hiking Boots
The synthetic and mesh combination on the upper section of these shoes makes them highly breathable and super comfortable. Like most other high-quality Merrell hiking boots they use a genuine rubber outsole that is designed to provide great traction in any condition. Also, they have a breathable mesh lining and a bellow tongue design that helps to keep debris out. And the interior has a contoured footbed with organic odor control for maximum comfort. The lacing system is also securing enough thanks to the metal hook and high-quality laces.
- Highly breathable synthetic and mesh uppers
- Efficient waterproof and moisture-wicking technology
- Tongue design helps to keep debris out
- Contoured footbed for extra comfort
- Organic odor control
- Secure lacing system
- The stitching needs some improvement
9. Keen Oakridge Mid Waterproof Boots
Keen makes some of the most popular hiking shoes, and these particulars boots are designed to last for a long time and provide a super comfortable fit. They are made with a genuine leather upper section and with a breathable mesh panels which combine to make them both lightweight and durable. Also, the shoes have the KEEN dry waterproof and breathable membrane and hydrophobic mesh dry lining to provide dry comfort. There is also a removable metatomical EVA footbed and a compression-molded EVA midsole to keep the inside cozy and supportive.
- Lightweight and durable leather upper
- Breathable mesh panels for enhanced comfort
- Special waterproof and breathable membrane
- Removable EVA footbed
- Great traction even on wet and slippery surfaces
- Might not provide adequate arch support for some ladies
10. Merral Moab 2 Vent Mid Women’s Hiking Boots
Here is another amazing version of the famous Moab boot from Merrel. Like all the other boots in the series, it is also well-made for maximum comfort and durability. And its design includes a tough and breathable combination of leather and textile for the upper section and the Vibram TC5+ outsole that provides excellent traction in all surfaces. There is also a mesh lining to enhance breathability and the closed cell-foam tongue bellows to keep moisture and debris out
- Durable and breathable leather and textile uppers
- Mesh lining included for enhancing breathability
- The tongue is designed to keep moisture and debris out
- Contoured footbed with great arch and help support
- Vibram outsole for great traction
- Few colors to choose from
A good pair of waterproof work boots is always a must-have for hiking and outdoor excursions for all ladies. And with our top 10 reviews above, finding your perfect pair should now be easy as you cannot go wrong regardless of which you pick among them. If you already have a pair or have something to add to this piece, please leave us your remarks below.