Top Best Waterproof Walking Shoes in 2020
Walking is always a part of the daily routine for most people whether it is to work or that evening walk to the park that many of us like taking every other day. While walking has obvious benefits for your health and overall well being, sometimes it can be uncomfortable if you do not have the right shoes. You need to have a pair of lightweight, comfortable and most importantly waterproof shoes to ensure they will be ideal for use in any weather.
Walking shoes also have to look good for you to feel even better when wearing them. The good news is that there are more than enough pairs of nice walking shoes out there, but these many options can also make it harder for you to choose one. However, with our reviews below of 10 of the best waterproof walking shoes, you should be closer to be finding your perfect pair.
Check Out the Best Waterproof Walking Shoes Reviews
#1. Clarks Wave Trek Sneakers
Clarks has been making shoes for more than 100 years now, and so you can almost never go wrong with any of their products. This particular one is meant for ladies that walk regularly, and it is designed to provide maximum comfort. The uppers are made from full-grain leather for maximum durability and comfort. Also, the upper material has some detailed stitching to help enhance the look. For the sole, it is a genuine rubber designed for durability and excellent traction while the interior has a supportive and comfortable ortholite footbed.
- Durable genuine leather construction
- Long-lasting and decorative stitching
- Real rubber sole for durability and excellent traction
- Completely waterproof uppers
- Comfortable and supportive ortholite footbed
- They are a little stiff and will take long to break-in
#2. Columbia Newton Ridge Plus II
With a shaft that measures 5 inches from the arch, the Newton Ridge Plus II is designed to provide maximum coverage to ensure that your walks are always more comfortable. Also, it is a highly durable shoe that combines leather and synthetic materials for the upper section and a genuine rubber sole designed to provide great traction on a variety of surfaces. These walking shoes will come with a mesh tongue that is designed to enhance the breathability, and the inside has a good midsole for maximum comfort and superior cushioning. Generally, these are also quite lightweight shoes that will provide an excellent fit.
- Stylish high shaft design
- Comfortable and durable leather/synthetic upper
- Superior cushioning and comfortable midsole
- Advanced traction rubber sole
- Breathable mesh tongue
- Lightweight and perfect fitting
- Completely waterproof upper
- Shoelace hooks are a little flimsy
#3. Muck Boots Unisex EdgeWater Camp Shoes
Breathability and maximum comfort are two things that you can be confident you will have enough of when wearing these shoes. They come in a unique unisex design that features a combination of rubber and textile for the upper section which makes them completely waterproof while still allowing enough air through for breathability. The sole is also top-notch quality and it is a segmented rubber designed to offer great traction on different surfaces and for flexibility. With the slip-on design, wearing and removing them is also fast and easy.
- Highly affordable given the style and quality
- Slip-on design for easy wearing
- Waterproof to keep your feet dry
- Segmented sole for top-notch traction
- Breathable mesh lining
- The unisex design means anyone can wear them
- Limited colorway options
#4. Dunham Windsor Waterproof Oxfords
While these oxford shoes might not have the most appealing look, they are as functional as you can ever wish for when it comes to doing what they are meant to do. And this is to keep your feet dry and comfortable. They are seam-sealed to ensure no water will find a way through the uppers. And for comfort, they make use of adequate interior cushioning and a fiberglass stability shank that has been embedded in the midsole to ensure you always get maximum arch support.
- Roomy enough and comfortable interior
- Great for formal wear
- Complete waterproof upper to keep the feet dry
- Well-cushioned interior
- Adequate arch support
- Not a very aesthetically appealing style
- Synthetic materials are relatively less durable
#5. Bogs Urban Walker Rain Boots
These slip-on shoes are designed for comfort and convenience. First, they are super easy to wear and remove as they also include a long pull at the back to help with this. Also, they are made with genuine rubber to ensure that they will be completely waterproof while still ensuring they offer decent breathability. And the outsole is also a genuine rubber for the best traction on different surfaces. The interior is not only well-cushioned but also has antimicrobial insole to ensure zero odor. The fit is also great and they seem true to size and will not take long to break-in.
- Waterproof upper section
- Rubber sole provides great traction on various terrain
- Convenient slip-on design
- Antimicrobial insoles for zero odor
- Great fit and true to size
- Sole is a little thin
#6. Merrel Jungle Voc Waterproof Slip-Ons
Slip-on shoes are often the best option for walking as you do not have to worry about stopping frequently to tie laces. But, this pair takes things a notch higher by being super comfortable. They are genuine leather shoes that are designed to last for a long time and with a dry waterproof membrane to keep water out. They have a casual and stylish overall appeal, and the interior will come with an EVA molded footbed for maximum comfort and air cushioning around the heel for maximum support. The outsole is also designed for support and for maximum slip resistance on different terrains.
- Full-grain leather for enhanced durability
- Casual and stylish appeal
- Dry waterproof membrane
- EVA molded footbed for extra comfort
- Odor-prevention treatment
- Stable and highly slip-resistant sole
- Air cushioning for extra support
- A little to snug
#7. Keen Saltzman Hiking Shoes
Hiking is also a form of walking but it comes with more challenges due to the environment, and this is more so for those that prefer to go into the woods. But, these shoes are designed to help you handle this terrain. They are made with a combination of textile and synthetic material for the upper section for durability and with a mesh section for enhanced breathability. Also, they have a rubber outsole that is lugged to ensure great traction and toe guard for that extra protection you need when hiking.
- Long-lasting textile and synthetic
- Waterproof mesh upper
- Great traction rubber sole
- Tough to guard for added protection
- Lugged outsole design enhances traction
- Some sizes do not seem true to fit
#8. Ahnu Sugarpine Waterproof Shoes
The simple but stylish look of these shoes is their most impressive element. They are made from a combination of leather for the upper section to ensure that they give you a decent lifespan and with a waterproof and highly breathable membrane for maximum comfort. These shoes have a non-marking outsole that is also made with slip-resistant lugs to ensure they provide great traction and with adequate arch support for individuals with problematic feet. Also, they are designed to keep feet in a stable and neutral position to make your walks and hikes more comfortable.
- Shock absorbing dual-density EVA midsole
- Waterproof and breathable membrane
- Non-marking outsole with slip-resistant lugs
- Designed to keep feet in a stable and neutral position
- Adequate arch support
- The simple but appealing style and variety of color options.
- The outsole can be a little slippery on wet surfaces
#9. Rockport Road and Trail Waterproof Shoes
Many walking shoes claim to be waterproof but few of them are actually effective in keeping water out. However, with this pair from Rockport, keeping water out should be the least of your worries as it makes use of Hydro-Shield technology to make it completely waterproof. It is also a comfortable shoe with an EVA footbed designed to maximize comfort and with a mesh lining that helps to wick away moisture. Also, the tongue and collar are sufficiently padded for extra comfort. The shoes are made for maximum stability but are still flexible enough.
- Durable leather uppers with detailed stitching
- Effective waterproof technology
- Comfortable and cushioning EVA footbed
- Padded tongue and collar
- Stable but still flexible enough
- Mesh lining include to wick away moisture
- Synthetic soles do not always provide the best traction
#10. Columbia Peakfreak Venture Hiking Shoes
Seam-sealed waterproof construction ensures that these shoes will be effective in keeping water out. But, you also do not have to worry about ending up with sweaty feet as the mesh on the upper section helps to keep them breathable. The shoes will also be easier to wear as they have pull straps at the front and back. Protection is also guaranteed for your toes thanks to the reinforced cap. And the interior is also quite cozy thanks to the Techlite midsole and the removable insole that makes it possible to fit in some custom orthotics.
- Breathable and durable uppers
- Seam-sealed waterproof construction
- Pull straps included for easy wearing
- Reinforced toe cap
- Adequately cushioning midsole
- Removable insole allows you to fit in orthotics
- They can be too narrow for those with wider than average feet
Whether you are a regular or occasional walker, there is a good pair of shoes above for you, and all you need to do is pick one that appeals most to your tastes and preferences. And also remember to tell us how it goes in the comments part below.