Top Best Wet Dry Vacuums in 2020
A wet-dry vacuum is a must-have for a homeowner. This is because it will help you with a lot of cleaning duties around your home. Unlike the conventional vacuums, wet-dry vacuums suck up both dirt and liquid debris. They are very powerful and most of them occupy less space when not in use. In addition, some wet dry vacuums double up as blowers to give you optimum performance. Better yet, they are versatile and will help you clean messes in your backyard, garage or in the house. With several options available on the market, choosing the right wet dry vacuum can pose a challenge. Luckily, we present to you the following top 10 best wet dry vacuums in 2020 reviews.
List the Best Wet Dry Vacuums in Reviews
#1. Armor All Dry Vacuum AA255
With 2.5 gallon capacity, the Armor All Dry Vacuum AA255 provides a lightweight yet powerful cleaning solution. This vacuum has endless possibilities including cleaning both dry and wet debris. It has a 2 horsepower motor that delivers ample suction power and easily converts to a blower. This machine has an auto-shut off that detects the fill limit to prevent overflow. The built-in noise and air diffuser ensure efficient and quiet operation. Additionally, this unit is easy to carry; thanks to the onboard accessory storage and top handle.
- Has plenty of power and works well
- Incredibly lightweight and generates an impressive amount of suction
- Comes with a wide assortment of attachments
- The extension cord is not long enough
#2. Shop-Vac Wet Dry Vacuum(5989300)
The Shop-Vac Wet Dry Vacuum (5989300) has a quality storage tank made of stainless steel. It is, therefore, resistant to rust and will serve you for a very long time. The machine boasts 4.5HP motor, making it one of the most powerful vacuums in this list. It can suck up everything, including dry and wet litter. For added convenience, this vacuum has an onboard cord and accessory storage to accommodate all cleaning equipment. Furthermore, transitioning to a blower only takes a few seconds, as the unit includes a rare blower port.
- Has a long extension cord
- Powerful and easy to use
- Has a large storage container with lots of attachments
- The hose diameter is too small
#3. Dewalt Cordless Wet-Dry Vacuum(DCV581H)
With the HEPA-rated filter, the DewaltDCV581H cleans up to 99.9% debris. The 5-inch diameter hose provides flexibility, efficiency, durability, as well as ensuring ease of use. This Vacuum has an onboard storage for convenience and easy transportation. In addition, it is energy efficient and can operate cordless by 18/20v maximum battery or corded with an AC outlet. Moreover, this unit has an easily accessible filter that is washable and reusable for more convenience.
- Easily picks up drywall dust and wood shavings
- Lightweight and very ergonomically designed
- Has a lot of suction and power
- Accessories fit the hose snugly and don’t fall off
- The blower side doesn’t blow very hard with the hose attached to it
#4. PowerSmith Ash Vacuum (PAVC101)
Designed to clean warm ash out of fireplaces, the PowerSmith Ash Vacuum (PAVC101) has a fire-resistant filter system. The filter is washable, reusable, and can filter out the finest dust. The Vacuum is engineered with safety in mind. As such, it has a metal-lined hose, metal canister, and heat-sensing auto-shutoff. The 10 Amp motor is rated 79db to deliver quiet yet powerful suction. Also, this unit is equipped with casters and 16ft long cord to allow for use as a regular vacuum.
- Quality is good and does an excellent job
- It is easy to set up and use
- Well-built with a good suction
- The filter has to be cleaned regularly, lest the suction will rapidly diminish
#5. Vacmaster 6-gallon wet/dry vacuum(VQ607SFD)
The Vacmaster Vacuum is powered by a 3HP motor that will take care of multiple cleaning tasks around the house. It is made of stainless steel to provide the convenience of a weather-resistant construction. When you buy this vacuum, you get an air control nozzle, 7ft hose, extension wands, and 12ft cord with cord wrap, among others. And it has onboard accessory storage to help carry all the items to the cleaning station at one go. Moreover, this unit is equipped with a dust-sealed switch and a top balanced handle design for portability.
- It is small in size yet very powerful
- The suction is great and picks up everything
- All the attachments fit snugly and are easy to use
- Well-made and operates quietly
- Could be better with some clips for holding all the attachments
#6. Shop-Vac Micro Wet/Dry Vac (2021000)
For a portable machine that will help you clean up dry and wet messes in a hurry, consider the Shop-Vac Micro Wet/Dry Vac (2021000). This vacuum is lightweight and has a foldable carry handle for ease of transportation. Similarly, it has a wall-mountable design for convenience and versatility. And there are wall brackets included for accessories to mount them together with the vacuum for easy access. Better yet, this unit is equipped with foam sleeve and disposable collection filter bag for more convenience while cleaning.
- Small but works just like full-sized units
- Very lightweight and easy to work with
- Moves around easily and takes up little storage space when not in use
- The power cord is too short
#7. Bissel Garage Pro Wet/Dry Vacuum/Blower
Designed with 12 amp motor, the Bissel Garage Pro Vacuum can clean up both dry and wet messes in the garage workshop, car, and home. This unit includes 7 attachments and an accessory bag for cleanup on upholstery, carpet, bare floor, and many more. It boasts a translucent 4-gallon tank that will enable you to see the level of water and debris in the tank. Besides, the vacuum includes a wall-mounting kit with an extra-long hose that stretches up to 32ft.
- Mounts very easily and is simple to use
- The hose and attachments are excellent
- It’s more powerful and versatile
- The long extension cord is very handy
- The hose holder is way too small to hold the hose
#8. Snow Joe 4-Amp Ash Vacuum (ASHJ201)
Constructed for cold ash pickup from fireplaces, the Snow JoeASHJ201 has a 4-amp motor that generates up to 500W suction power. It features dual filtration system (pleated filter and pre-filter) to clean ashes. The filter is easy to use and reusable with fine dust cartridge that resists clogging. Besides, this vacuum has a large metal canister that can hold up to 4.8 gallons of debris to enable you to finish your cleaning task without stopping to empty the container.
- It is as easy to clean as it is easy to use
- The cord length is as adequate as the hose
- Perfect suction for its purpose
- Does not pick up partially burned pellets
#9. Emerson Workshop Wet Dry Vac(WS1600VA)
With 16-gallon tank size, the Emerson WorkshopWS1600VA is a good option for cleaning medium to large spaces. This wet dry vacuum offers two functions in one machine. And this is owed to the integrated blowing port that will allow you to blow unwanted debris out of driveways, garage, and job sites. The 7ft long hose and 20ft power cord will enable you to cover wider areas while cleaning. Furthermore, this unit has accessory storage located at the feet while attachments are kept at the top securely for easy reach.
- Easy to assemble and does the job well
- It’s an inexpensive vacuum yet it feels and sounds better
- All the hose attachments fit snugly and do not fall off while working
- The hose seems to clog constantly
#10. TACKLIFE Wet Dry Vacuum (PVC01A)
Made with 5-gallon capacity, the TACKLIFE Wet Dry Vacuum (PVC01A) offers long cleaning time.It is supported by safety buoy technology that automatically powers off once the water level in the tank exceeds the set boundary to protect the motor. The 4-filtration system will help filter small to large particles with much ease. This unit boasts a copper motor that delivers persistence, maximum power, and high-performance. let alone the fact that it has 5.5HP to provide you with strong suction for quick cleaning of dry and wet debris.
- The motor is very quiet and offers a good level of suction
- It has a wide variety of attachments
- Has a convenient storage design
- The cord length is long enough
- May come with shipping defects, but, generally, it is great
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Wet Dry Vacuum
The best wet dry vacuum can clean up everything. But how do you find the best wet dry vacuum in a market so crowded? Let’s find out in the following guideline, shall we?
The capacity of a given wet dry vacuum affects the amount of water or debris it can hold. Hence, if you need to clean a lot of debris at once, consider going for a vacuum with a larger capacity. But ensure you can still lift up the vacuum when full for emptying.
A wet dry vacuum with a long hose is most preferred. This is because it will enable you to reach into all corners of the room without having to drag the entire vacuum along. Normally, medium to large size hoses ranges from 7 to 16ft long. Therefore, go for a vacuum that has a long hose with high suction power since suction reduces with the length of the hose.
Storage for Tools
Onboard storage tools for hose and attachments tend to enhance convenience. However, some of these attachments do no hold on tight and may fall off during cleaning. Therefore, ensure that, if you want a vacuum with onboard storage and attachments, they should fit snugly and not fall off when you are using the vacuum.
Getting the right wet dry vacuum depends on the intended use. Whether you are looking for small, big, portable or affordable, we got you covered. The above reviews and guidelines are the only things standing between you and the best wet dry vacuum. Therefore, read the piece to unleash your best option.